Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,663 members, 7,820,330 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! (77676 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by ritchboy(m): 8:27pm On Jul 15, 2011
Hehehehe
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by chamotex(m): 10:01pm On Jul 15, 2011
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7038082,00.html

At least we know Fergie is out for a 'ball-playing' midfielder
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 11:54am On Jul 16, 2011
http://yfrog.com/ke8lywj

Chei, See Seattle sounders training ground changing rooms!!! shocked shocked

Tweeted by Michael Owen
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 11:56am On Jul 16, 2011
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by mbulela: 1:00pm On Jul 16, 2011
Mr_TA:

http://yfrog.com/ke8lywj

Chei, See Seattle sounders training ground changing rooms!!! shocked shocked

Tweeted by Michael Owen

bloody hell!!
that is humongous fro a changing room.
even the united lads look intimidated in there.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by debosky(m): 1:22pm On Jul 16, 2011
Mr_TA:

Just go to Hollywood jare! cheesy

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/119268164/Manchester-United

007: The Spy who Chipped Me - Starring Dimitar Berbatov. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by mbulela: 1:47pm On Jul 16, 2011
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by montelik(m): 3:48pm On Jul 16, 2011
debosky:

007: The Spy who Chipped Me - Starring Dimitar Berbatov. grin

LMAO.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 8:38pm On Jul 16, 2011
I would really be shocked if SAF doesn't sign a midfielder,with what's going on with Fletcher.maybe he has aids or something. undecided
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by montelik(m): 9:07pm On Jul 16, 2011
Mr_TA:

I would really be shocked if SAF doesn't sign a midfielder,with what's going on with Fletcher.maybe he has aids or something. undecided

grin grin. Apparently d virus really played havoc with his body and metabolism. When pple were dissing SAF for not fielding him against Barca and going with a 2 man midfield I was just laughing, cos it was obvious to see that he had a long recovery ahead of him.

As for a midfield signing, it could go either way. One d one hand surely we will have to bring in another midfielder seeing as Scholes and Hargo are gone, Gibson is on his way out (wasn't included in d tour) and just how long and how many games can Giggs play at his age.

On d other hand Jones can step in defensive midfield, even Smalling could adapt to defensive midfield (like Ronny Johnsen), Cleverley is back from loan, add Park who can play centrally as well as Valencia, SAF could easily decide that "there is no value in d transfer market" and close his wallet.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by coogar: 9:25pm On Jul 16, 2011
montelik:

grin grin. Apparently d virus really played havoc with his body and metabolism. When pple were dissing SAF for not fielding him against Barca and going with a 2 man midfield I was just laughing, cos it was obvious to see that he had a long recovery ahead of him.

but he played as a 2nd half substitute after his illness last season.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 9:51pm On Jul 16, 2011
Yes he did and he was waaaay short, not even close to match fitness.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by montelik(m): 9:54pm On Jul 16, 2011
coogar:

but he played as a 2nd half substitute after his illness last season.

True, but Alan Smith also made a rushed return from injury in 06/07 before he was dropped from d team to allow a full and proper return to his peak. It was obvious SAF was only trying his best to give Fletcher a chance of making d squad for d CL final after he missed out in 09. He can be sentimental like that.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 10:20pm On Jul 16, 2011
Sneijder rumours are gathering pace, sad
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by coogar: 10:35pm On Jul 16, 2011
Mr_TA:

Yes he did and he was waaaay short, not even close to match fitness.

that was against schalke. . . . .he played 90 mins against blackpool @ old trafford and he looked crisp in that game!

montelik:

True, but Alan Smith also made a rushed return from injury in 06/07 before he was dropped from d team to allow a full and proper return to his peak. It was obvious SAF was only trying his best to give Fletcher a chance of making d squad for d CL final after he missed out in 09. He can be sentimental like that.

alan smith broke his leg. . . .fletcher had a stomach bug or something. nothing to do with with limbs or having to learn to walk or run. he was also on the bench at wembley. in ma opinion, he was fit for that final. sir giggs should have stayed on the bench for fletcher.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by montelik(m): 11:59pm On Jul 16, 2011
Mr_TA:

Sneijder rumours are gathering pace,  sad

D same way d Mesut Ozil rumors were gathering pace last summer, until Madrid swooped. Don't get your hopes up.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 12:09am On Jul 17, 2011
Im not, Im hoping we dont sign him.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Ibime(m): 11:02am On Jul 17, 2011
According to Montelik: Smalling can adapt to defensive midfield.

Please don't do the abilities needed for midfield a disservice. Smalling is a semi-professional footballer with amazing physical superiority and good tackling and reading of the game, but he is the worst passer in the top two divisions (Premier League and Championship). I've been watching Smalling closely, and I don't think he has ever completed a pass to a team-mate in his career. Even at the Under 21s, all he does is hoof the ball upfront.

Smalling ko! Midfield ni! Wetin concern fish with raincoat?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by meine: 11:16am On Jul 17, 2011
@Ibime

Lol, the guy can't be that bad.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by mbulela: 2:11pm On Jul 17, 2011
Ibime:

According to Montelik: Smalling can adapt to defensive midfield.

Smalling is a semi-professional footballer and he is the worst passer in the top two divisions (Premier League and Championship).[b] I've been watching Smalling closely, and I don't think he has ever completed a pass to a team-mate in his career.

very funny joke.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 4:24pm On Jul 17, 2011

No,not Planking cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 17, 2011
Myself2:

Hmm,na wa for some mumu sha,,,,,
When I posted something constructive about Sneijder being a good buy for United(if he is eventually bought),all other posters of substance read it and allowed me hold my opinion,but not you,,,,instead you went viral with your mouth that smells worse than a pit latrine,you asked me to crawl into a hole,I politely asked you to make room in the hole and not occupy it alone,then you decide to rain more abuses.Well I don't really have much time for you for indeed you're abusing your useless father,whorish mother and biatch-arse sisters and girlfriends,infact your entire lineage are a conglomeration of lunatics,anuofia.
Funny,you have to moan like a bi.tch with a pr.ick up the a.as
Please do us all a favor and shut the bleep up.
Constructive my foot.even if all you said about my family was true,you're still the fcukin village I'diot.you couldn't resist the urge to show your barbarism to everyone.I know slowness is inherent in you but the season is about a month away,so spare us this unnecessary rants and be quiet.
As much as everyone is entitled to free speech,I seriously doubt your sanity judging from the above,you waste of sem.en
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by montelik(m): 9:57pm On Jul 17, 2011
Ando to the rescue

Manchester United simply must sign a replacement for Paul Scholes.

That’s been the line trotted out by the newspapers all summer, and most of the Reds’ fanbase too.

Samir Nasri and, now, Wesley Sneijder have been heavily linked with big-money moves to Old Trafford, but could it be that the answer to Sir Alex’s midfield conundrum already occupies a locker within the United first-team dressing room? Does Anderson – the smiling, skilful Samba star – have what it takes to consistently impose himself on the biggest stage?

“I think I’m already there,” he told ManUtd.com in an exclusive interview from the Reds’ Seattle training camp. “I’ve played well for Manchester United in the past and I’m confident I have the quality to play in the position of Scholes.

“He was an unbelievable player – of course I understand that – but I think I’ve learnt a lot from him. I think of him like my teacher. He’s helped me a lot.”

Anderson isn’t alone in believing he has the talent to step into Scholes’ shoes. United defender Rio Ferdinand told Sky Sports News this may be the season in which Ando fulfils his promise.

“Anderson’s had a lot of injuries over the last couple of years and missed a couple of pre-seasons. Hopefully this time he’ll have a good pre-season and we’ll see the best of him. We have players in the squad already who have the potential to make a great impact.”

Anderson certainly has the necessary qualities to shine. While combative and able to play in a holding role – Cesc Fabregas and Steven Gerrard will both attest to his defensive capabilities – his best games for United have come when he’s had license to run with the ball, drive into the opposition half and orchestrate attacks.

There are, of course, echoes of Scholes in Anderson's long passing game, and his once confounding inability to find the net for the Reds appears to be a thing of the past: after netting just once in his first three seasons at the club, he hit four last term including three in the Champions League.

The Brazilian's certainly blooming at just the right time, at a moment when a vacancy the size of a genius has arisen in Manchester United’s midfield. It's unlikely Scholes' shoes will be filled – "he's a player of a lifetime," according to Sir Alex – but football moves on and this club in particular has a habit of reacting and adjusting to seismic change.

The Reds may have lost a legend, but the door now opens for a new hero to emerge at Old Trafford. And you can bet Anderson will be jostling for a spot at the front of the queue,

http://www.manutd.com/en/Fanzone/News-And-Blogs/2011/Jul/Ando-to-the-rescue.aspx
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by chamotex(m): 7:12am On Jul 18, 2011
^^^Anderson doesn't have the panache and an eye for goal like Scholes did.
But I love his energy and the way he tries to set up attack especially the way he carries the ball.
He is nothing close to Scholesy thoigh
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 18, 2011
chamotex:

^^^Anderson doesn't have the panache and an eye for goal like Scholes did.
But I love his energy and the way he tries to set up attack especially the way he carries the ball.
He is nothing close to Scholesy thoigh

His first touch is abysmal
His shooting is woeful
The only thing in his favour is his physicality.
Otherwise he's the reason why we are looking for Sneijder
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by mbulela: 9:40am On Jul 18, 2011
oh God,not this Anderson argument again.
the guy is woeful.i still doubt his brazilian heritage.
his first touch looks english not just abysmal.
i don't blame the lad completely.Fergie has a hand in his destruction,the same way Jose has a hand in Mikel's deconstruction.
What exactly is Anderson?A defensive midfielder? an attacking creative midfielder?
don't just say box to box.that is another word for jake of all trade,master f none.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by codedguy1(m): 2:20pm On Jul 18, 2011
StarBoard:

His first touch is abysmal
His shooting is woeful
The only thing in his favour is his physicality.
Otherwise he's the reason why we are looking for Sneijder

mbulela:

oh God,not this Anderson argument again.
the guy is woeful.i still doubt his brazilian heritage.
his first touch looks english not just abysmal.
i don't blame the lad completely.Fergie has a hand in his destruction,the same way Jose has a hand in Mikel's deconstruction.
What exactly is Anderson?A defensive midfielder? an attacking creative midfielder?
don't just say box to box.that is another word for jake of all trade,master f none.

Scholes has been a very wonderful player for United and i doubt if there would be any player that would be able to replace him.

i think it is unfair to talk about Ando like this, apart from his injuries, i believe Ando can step up. soccer is a team sport and as long as as he does what he is expected to do, not exactly being like scholes, then i think we are good to go.

i enjoy Ando on his good day , and i think we can can work towards making him have those good runs/days more often in the United shirt. The energy he brings to the team, if well utilised will ginger other players, especially those primarily saddled with responsibilities for scoring to go all out know there is an energic player ready to distrupt counter attacks. It will depend on how the team is being set up by Fergie.

Sneijder is a very talented player, but the amount which is being peddled around for his services does not make sense IMO.

Although i agree the creativity in the team needs to be really improved.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 3:45pm On Jul 18, 2011
We're not going to find another Scholes to replace him, just like we didnt replace Keane with another Keane type or Beckham with another Beckham type, or even CRonaldo. We just have to evolve and play differently like we have most of the time when he's out of the team.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 18, 2011
Mr_TA:

We're not going to find another Scholes to replace him, just like we didnt replace Keane with another Keane type or Beckham with another Beckham type, or even CRonaldo. We just have to evolve and play differently like we have most of the time when he's out of the team.
True,but you're forgetting one thing: the creative midfielder never goes out of style.
Keane was kind of a midfield enforcer:then the big teams had just about one,but with time that position became irrelevant.
We don't have someone close to scholes as an AM.It's very vital we get one.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Myself2(m): 4:41pm On Jul 18, 2011
StarBoard:

Funny,you have to moan like a bi.tch with a pr.ick up the a.as
Please do us all a favor and shut the bleep up.
Constructive my foot.even if all you said about my family was true,you're still the fcukin village I'diot.you couldn't resist the urge to show your barbarism to everyone.I know,,,,, waste of sem.en

grin grin grin grin
Barbarism,village I'diot,yada yada yada,,,,,,mchewww see mumu wan price
Your fatherrr.I'm not surprised you know so well how biatches moan(after years of listening to your mother and sisters moan when being rammed by pigs and dogs)
LOL,waste of Fluid,at least I'm a waste of human Fluid,I'm still better than you that's a waste of pig s[i]e[/i]m[i]e[/i]n,no was it the dog that humped your momma first or the pig or they both had a go at her simultaneuosly,well in whatever order it happened,you the very sick product of that unfortunate bestial act are a waste of the precious s[i]e[/i]m[i]e[/i]n of those animals

I wonder why it's empty barrels like you that are qick to jump on people's cases,I dont't recall dissing you first,so in furtherance of your narcissistic tendency ,you're spewing all this trash like the assylum lunatic that you are.
Carry on,you go soon win award
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by mbulela: 5:22pm On Jul 18, 2011
Anderson will never make it as an attacking creative midfielder in manchester united.
QED

i am willing to eat humble pie but i know i won't.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 19, 2011
Myself2:

grin grin grin grin
Barbarism,village I'diot,yada yada yada,,,,,,mchewww see mumu wan price
Your fatherrr.I'm not surprised you know so well how biatches moan(after years of listening to your mother and sisters moan when being rammed by pigs and dogs)
LOL,waste of Fluid,at least I'm a waste of human Fluid,I'm still better than you that's a waste of pig s[i]e[/i]m[i]e[/i]n,no was it the dog that humped your momma first or the pig or they both had a go at her simultaneuosly,well in whatever order it happened,you the very sick product of that unfortunate bestial act are a waste of the precious s[i]e[/i]m[i]e[/i]n of those animals

I wonder why it's empty barrels like you that are qick to jump on people's cases,I dont't recall dissing you first,so in furtherance of your narcissistic tendency ,you're spewing all this trash like the assylum lunatic that you are.
Carry on,you go soon win award
Carry on with your idioc.y/
At least we were able to establish you are a lost case.
Village i.diot.
When you get the snooker cue out of your as$,we'll know.
Until then,keep yelling like a sod.omized rhino.

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100)

Real Madrid vs Barcelona, Spanish Super Cup (2 - 0) On 16th August 2017 / Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.