Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,304 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:35 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! (77239 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by montelik(m): 9:57am On Jul 14, 2011
RuuDie:

I saw a rasta, Grenada guy playing for the Revolution against UTD last night. . . . . . . decent midfielder, covers ground, good ball control and passing ~ wouldn't mind having him in the squad!

D situation is not that desperate. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by coogar: 10:07am On Jul 14, 2011
mbulela:

God,please screw up this deal.
put a spanner in the work.
Let it not come to pass.
39mil for what?
215k a week for what?

[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fByO8gU0ovk&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"[/flash]

you won't find this sort of passes anywhere in europe. . . .sneijder is a beast!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 10:18am On Jul 14, 2011
StarBoard:

^^^^
Too old too. . .

Sneijder is just a year younger than he is.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by montelik(m): 11:07am On Jul 14, 2011
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by RuuDie(m): 11:18am On Jul 14, 2011
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by RuuDie(m): 11:31am On Jul 14, 2011
montelik:

D situation is not that desperate. grin

guy, e don dey reach so ~ as we no gree see player buy grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 14, 2011
Mr_TA:

Sneijder is just a year younger than he is.
Still too old. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by tkb417(m): 12:56pm On Jul 14, 2011
Thank God the man in charge has said No to those disgusting reports. 35milla for what?

If we have 35milla, we should get Arturo Vidal and Tiote!

That's 2 extra men in the midfield

I'm happy we got Young tho. We only need creative guy in the midfield to have many attacking options.

We are good shape. I hope Valencia won't be out for a long time
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 14, 2011
tkb417:

Thank God the man in charge has said No to those disgusting reports. 35milla for what?

If we have 35milla, we should get Arturo Vidal and Tiote!

That's 2 extra men in the midfield

I'm happy we got Young tho. We only need creative guy in the midfield to have many attacking options.

We are good shape. I hope Valencia won't be out for a long time

Not so sure. . .if reports are anything to go by,Sneijder is a United man,not minding what Fergie says. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by DoubleN(m): 1:34pm On Jul 14, 2011
RuuDie:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/14072011/58/premier-league-fergie-denies-sneijder-interest.html

SAF rubbishes all sneijder allegations. . . . .hmmmmmmmmmmm

The Sneijder deal is virtually done, the paper mills have it that he has agreed to a 190,000GBP per week wage. http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/07/14/man-united-to-complete-35m-wesley-sneijder-deal-within-24-hours-dutchman-agrees-personal-terms/
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 14, 2011
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by mbulela: 2:14pm On Jul 14, 2011
he is known to tell a lie or two but,

Sir Alex Ferguson has denied pursuing Wesley Sneijder, rejecting widespread reports that Manchester United are close to a deal for the Internazionale playmaker.

Although no formal offer has been received by the Italian club, the United chief executive David Gill is reported to have been in contact with parties close to Sneijder, and to have received assurances that the player would be open to a move. And while the Inter director Marco Branca has insisted that the Holland international is "not for sale", there is a sense in Italy that the club's owner Massimo Moratti could yet be tempted to cash in on a player who is not ideally suited to the new manager Gian Piero Gasperini's preferred tactical system.

Ferguson, however, has rejected all suggestions of a move for Sneijder. "I keep reading about this, there's absolutely nothing at all to that [reports of United's interest in the player]," he told ESPN Soccernet Press Pass. "First of all I don't think Inter are prepared to sell him anyway.

"You get conjecture and you get speculation every week in newspapers unfortunately. And we have to answer these for some reason - why, I don't know, but we have to find a reason without adding insult to any particular club, or embarrassing any particular player. There's nothing we can do about it."
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by coogar: 2:43pm On Jul 14, 2011
fergie is telling porkies as usual. every media house in italy has said it's a done deal already. sneijder could even sign this weekend cos the rumours are gathering pace minute after minute

the only question is, where do we play wesley?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by chamotex(m): 3:38pm On Jul 14, 2011
RuuDie:

I saw a rasta, Grenada guy playing for the Revolution against UTD last night. . . . . . . decent midfielder, covers ground, good ball control and passing ~ wouldn't mind having him in the squad!

Ruud, thank goodness you are not the manager of MANCHESTER UNITED grin grin grin
Why not Sani Kaita? cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 14, 2011
chamotex:

Ruud, thank goodness you are not the manager of MANCHESTER UNITED grin grin grin
Why not Sani Kaita?  cheesy
LOL. . .
Ruud,relax. . .that dude can't cut it in the MLS,not to talk of England
coogar:

the only question is, where do we play wesley?
It means we'll go 4-5-1. . .cus Wes has to play behind the lone striker to be effective. . .so Rooney/Berba/Hernandez/Owen/Macheda/Welbeck might have to struggle for one slot,unless Fergie fashions a way for us to play other than that format.
I remember one reason why we failed in 2002:Fergie tried to tailor United to suit Veron.So Cole and Yorke were reduced to the bench. . .leaving RVN upfront alone. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by dayokanu(m): 6:47pm On Jul 14, 2011
With Sneijder you have to play one striker.

Rooney could be played as a winger but that means Nani, Young Valencia, park, Giggs get shafted
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by debosky(m): 8:50pm On Jul 14, 2011
If the deal is indeed happening, Fergie is telling porkies because the Italians haven't yet agreed - if he went public that might piss them off and make them pull the plug.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by chamotex(m): 9:41pm On Jul 14, 2011
^^^Also, the player could be hijacked by another big club
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by debosky(m): 10:13pm On Jul 14, 2011
^^ True

But apart from Chelski I don't think there are many clubs looking for/can afford a midfielder like Schneider. If Utd do actually want him and pay, then it's unlikely anyone else will jump in.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Ibime(m): 10:15pm On Jul 14, 2011
You don't have to play one striker with Sneijder. That's a myth. If Utd can play two midfielders with Paul Scholes, then they can do the same with Sneijder cos Sneijder is more hardworking than Scholes (in his older years). Sneijder has played in a two man midfield with Ajax many times, and two man midfield with Real with RVN and Raul upfront. Infact for a long period at Ajax, Sneijder mostly played left midfield whilst De Jong and Steven Pieenar occupied the central positions. You do lose some goal threat though, which makes a mockery of the £35m transfer fee, as for that fee, you should have a ninja copping at least 15 goals a season.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by chamotex(m): 10:27pm On Jul 14, 2011
Ibime:

You don't have to play one striker with Sneijder. That's a myth. If Utd can play two midfielders with Paul Scholes, then they can do the same with Sneijder cos Sneijder is more hardworking than Scholes (in his older years). Sneijder has played in a two man midfield with Ajax many times, and two man midfield with Real with RVN and Raul upfront. Infact for a long period at Ajax, Sneijder mostly played left midfield whilst De Jong and Steven Pieenar occupied the central positions. You do lose some goal threat though, which makes a mockery of the £35m transfer fee, as for that fee, you should have a ninja copping at least 15 goals a season.

Of course we cant . . . but how effective will it be? (Especially in the 'big' games).
We can do that against lower oppositions no doubt . . . but why pay that huge sum of money

We barely played Scholes in a 2 man midfield in any important game.
I dont mind Sneijder. . . .but for 35m (a club record)?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by chamotex(m): 10:28pm On Jul 14, 2011
debosky:

^^ True

But apart from Chelski I don't think there are many clubs looking for/can afford a midfielder like Schneider. If Utd do actually want him and pay, then it's unlikely anyone else will jump in.

Corinthians could you know grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by debosky(m): 10:29pm On Jul 14, 2011
chamotex:

Corinthians could you know grin grin

That's true. . . .or the new Arab money-miss-roads at PSG and Malaga. cheesy cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Myself2(m): 9:49am On Jul 15, 2011
One question no one has given me a satisfactory answer to is"what the fvck was real madrid thinking when they sold Wesley Sneijder"

All you scumtwats should keep kidding your red arses,truth is if sneijder joins this present united squad,then you'll be invisible in the premiership and boost your chances of clinching the EPL
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by mbulela: 10:21am On Jul 15, 2011
We can't play one striker as Chicarito can't lead the line,Berba will drop into the space  that Wesley will be in and rooney will be wasted there besides Wesley likes to play in the number 10 role but so does Rooney. Utd could play a 4-3-3 with Rooney as the lone striker but even then Rooney will try and drop off. So he could get in Sneijder's way.

Sneijder is also quite injury prone. To spend 35M for a player that's played an average of 22 league matches over the past 3 seasons is a huge gamble.

He's 27 so there's no resale value.

His name is also difficult to spell. Very annoying name
Playing two strikers with sneidjer behind will be possible only if we sell Carrick for a more physical defensive central midfielder.besides i don't see Fergie playing two out and out wingers at aa time.there is the huge possiblity that he will play one line hugging winger and another who will tuck in most of the time (Park,Giggs).so there we will not be crowded out in the middle with two upfront and Wesley in the middle.
my problem is that for 35 mil and 190 pounds a week,you need to build your team around that player and it feels like Veron part 2 all over again.
the presence is Carrick and Rooney in the first 11 make it look like a bridge too far.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 10:38am On Jul 15, 2011

Brilliant grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 15, 2011
Myself2:

One question no one has given me a satisfactory answer to is"what the fvck was real madrid thinking when they sold Wesley Sneijder"

All you scumtwats should keep kidding your red arses,truth is if sneijder joins this present united squad,then you'll be invisible in the premiership and boost your chances of clinching the EPL
Thank you.
Now kindly crawl into the hole you popped out from. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Myself2(m): 12:22pm On Jul 15, 2011
StarBoard:

Thank you.
Now kindly crawl into the hole you popped out from. . .

Okay,would you mind making room for me in the hole,your fat arse seems to have occupied all the space in the hole
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by tkb417(m): 2:16pm On Jul 15, 2011
I don't think I can still spell that Arsenal Goalies name.

Sneidjer. Is that the spelling? Lol

Still do not want a Sneidjer-like player. I'm not sure our problems last season was in our creative play. We dealt with teams easily at home but struggled away.

We need composure, steel, discipline and the ability to hold the ball in the hole (CM). A player that can effectively link the backline with the offensive players is what we need. What creativity are we looking for when we have the likes of Nani, Rooney who falls deep to pick balls, Berbatov and Young?

To me a Roy Keane is what we need in this present team. Someone who can boss the middle and lift the team when we are under pressure. Wesley would probably just stick behind Rooney in a 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 which I think won't address our present shortcomings

I'm sure the Gaffer is on top of it. If we are ever gonna sign someone - cool but if we are not signing anybody again, then the under-utilised players in the squad can/should step up their games
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 15, 2011
Myself2:

Okay,would you mind making room for me in the hole,your fat arse seems to have occupied all the space in the hole
Too early to show the world you're a certified village id.iot.
The season is still a month away.Can't you just wait till then instead of blowing the cover of your stu.pidity everywhere you go?
Stop barking like a lunatic and say something constructive.

@tkb,
Not to argue with you,but I think you may have a point about Sneijder.
I think we also need some form of creativity.Our play was kind of forced,even when we were winning.We need that verve and flair we once had when Scholes was in his prime.
I don't however agree with the term "underutilised"players.Those guys haven't put in the required effort in my book.Anderson in particular.If he were up to expectations,we wouldn't be asking whether Sneijder was the ideal type to fill up our middle.
We cannot afford to gamble with a bare middle this upcoming season.It will only take us so far.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by coogar: 7:49pm On Jul 15, 2011
mbulela:

We can't play one striker as Chicarito can't lead the line,Berba will drop into the space  that Wesley will be in and rooney will be wasted there  besides Wesley likes to play in the number 10 role but so does Rooney. Utd could play a 4-3-3 with Rooney as the lone striker but even then Rooney will try and drop off. So he could get in Sneijder's way.

we can play one striker. . . . .chicharito can sit on the bench! he's a much better player as a sub when the opposing defenders are knackered. rooney/berba to lead the line as wesley stays behind them and flanked by valencia and nani.

Sneijder is also quite injury prone. To spend 35M for a player that's played an average of 22 league matches over the past 3 seasons is a huge gamble.

injury prone? i will take him ahead of most midfielders with his injuries. he's an asset to have. he sprays passes like no other. one of the best midfielders in europe who took many defences to the cleaners in 2010 for club and country. brazilians will not forget him in a while.

He's 27 so there's no resale value.

you could say the same for torres, berbatov, etc when they were bought by their respective clubs. united aren't small timers like arsenal. who cares about resale value? must we sell sneijder to make profit? why can't sneijder retire at old trafford like van der sar?

duh! he's dutch plus i have more difficulty spelling chamakh than sneijder!

Playing two strikers with sneidjer behind will be possible only if we sell Carrick for a more physical defensive central midfielder.besides i don't see Fergie playing two out and out wingers at aa time.there is the huge possiblity that he will play one line hugging winger and another who will tuck in most of the time (Park,Giggs).so there we will not be crowded out in the middle with two upfront and Wesley in the middle.

united can go about it this way. . . .

------de gea-----
raf--rio---vida---evra
-------carrick--------
valencia-------young
-------sneijder--------
----rooney-----berba/chicharito

my problem is that for 35 mil and 190 pounds a week,you need to build your team around that player and it feels like Veron part 2 all over again.
the presence is Carrick and Rooney in the first 11 make it look like a bridge too far.

carrick will play as a defensive midfielder and rooney can pair berba/chicharito up in the attack.

against big teams,

--------------back five--------------
------fletcher-------carrick---------
valencia-----sneijder-------nani--
-------roon/berba/chicharito------

i think we need wesley sneijder more than any other midfielder we are running after. modric is limited and nasri is a tad lazy!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Myself2(m): 8:11pm On Jul 15, 2011
StarBoard:

Too early to show the world you're a certified village id.iot.
The season is still a month away.Can't you just wait till then instead of blowing the cover of your stu.pidity everywhere you go?
Stop barking like a lunatic and say something constructive.

Hmm,na wa for some mumu sha,,,,,
When I posted something constructive about Sneijder being a good buy for United(if he is eventually bought),all other posters of substance read it and allowed me hold my opinion,but not you,,,,instead you went viral with your mouth that smells worse than a pit latrine,you asked me to crawl into a hole,I politely asked you to make room in the hole and not occupy it alone,then you decide to rain more abuses.Well I don't really have much time for you for indeed you're abusing your useless father,whorish mother and biatch-arse sisters and girlfriends,infact your entire lineage are a conglomeration of lunatics,anuofia.

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100)

Real Madrid vs Barcelona, Spanish Super Cup (2 - 0) On 16th August 2017 / Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.