Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,746 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Rpm Of Car Won't Increase When I Press Gas Pedal - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Rpm Of Car Won't Increase When I Press Gas Pedal (1412 Views)

How Do I Press Charges Against A Bullion Van Who Damaged My Car. / Commercial Bus Throttle Cable Tied To The Pedal In Apapa, Lagos State. PHOTOS / Help - My Car Gear Won't Shift Until I Remove My Leg on Gas Pedal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rpm Of Car Won't Increase When I Press Gas Pedal by Milosval: 4:36am On Feb 10, 2020
Hello Nairalanders and car gurus, my car is Toyota sienna 2004 xle, I was driving and I noticed that the speed wouldn't increase when I press gas pedal further. But I tried to manage it to mechanic. But it couldn't. The rpm won't increase when I press gas pedal. The car starts normal but rpm won't increase beyond 2000rpn when gas pedal is pressed. If I put it in drive the car moves but the gas pedal won't press the rpm beyond 2000rpm. Please what could be the cause and solution
Re: Rpm Of Car Won't Increase When I Press Gas Pedal by LOVEGINO(m): 6:08am On Feb 10, 2020
Check d fuel pump

1 Like

Re: Rpm Of Car Won't Increase When I Press Gas Pedal by exposition: 6:09am On Feb 10, 2020
Change the fuel pump!
If not na gear box o!

2 Likes

Re: Rpm Of Car Won't Increase When I Press Gas Pedal by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:06am On Feb 10, 2020
Milosval:
Hello Nairalanders and car gurus, my car is Toyota sienna 2004 xle, I was driving and I noticed that the speed wouldn't increase when I press gas pedal further. But I tried to manage it to mechanic. But it couldn't. The rpm won't increase when I press gas pedal. The car starts normal but rpm won't increase beyond 2000rpn when gas pedal is pressed. If I put it in drive the car moves but the gas pedal won't press the rpm beyond 2000rpm. Please what could be the cause and solution

Check throttle position sensor. Scan car.

1 Like

Re: Rpm Of Car Won't Increase When I Press Gas Pedal by oluwaseunla(m): 7:44am On Feb 10, 2020
Scan first. Possibly accelerator pedal sensor or throttle position sensor issue.

1 Like

Re: Rpm Of Car Won't Increase When I Press Gas Pedal by timifakay(m): 8:23am On Feb 10, 2020
Scan for codes.
Interprarete codes
Follow recommended repair sequence.

1 Like

Re: Rpm Of Car Won't Increase When I Press Gas Pedal by Gabbiecar: 9:00am On Feb 10, 2020
I guess that model uses drive by wire throttle system, your best bet is to scan it to determine if the problem is coming from the throttle position sensor or the actuator

1 Like

Re: Rpm Of Car Won't Increase When I Press Gas Pedal by baconline(m): 9:49pm On Feb 10, 2020
Limp mode
Re: Rpm Of Car Won't Increase When I Press Gas Pedal by samintegrity(m): 6:55am On Feb 11, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Check throttle position sensor. Scan car.

Very accurate suggestions, once had similar issues with my eod, turns out the throttle the cable was broken.
Re: Rpm Of Car Won't Increase When I Press Gas Pedal by EngRichie: 9:58am On Feb 11, 2020
Many things could cause this. Let me mention few.

Blocked exhaust Catalytic converter
Faulty Throttle position sensor
Weak fuel pump
Wrong timing/ Camshaft sensor or circuit /VVTI circuit or sensor
Fuse
Re: Rpm Of Car Won't Increase When I Press Gas Pedal by Milosval: 2:39pm On Feb 11, 2020
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. The problem was injector circuit/socket. It was loosely fixed to the injector. Scan could not detect it, but an experienced automobile electrician detected the fault and fixed the circuit well. Now the car is working fine even the gear selection works better now plus the fuel economy has increased.
Re: Rpm Of Car Won't Increase When I Press Gas Pedal by Kingsdave(m): 3:25pm On Feb 11, 2020
Milosval:
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. The problem was injector circuit/socket. It was loosely fixed to the injector. Scan could not detect it, but an experienced automobile electrician detected the fault and fixed the circuit well. Now the car is working fine even the gear selection works better now plus the fuel economy has increased.

Thank God... Any little thing they start shouting gear box... Someone will have High B.P one day

(1) (Reply)

Cost Of Replacing A 2006 Hyundai Sonata Engine / SMH Honda This Is Just Lazy / Customized Plate Numbers...love Or Hate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.