Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,727 members, 7,955,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:17 PM

Kano Hisbah Buries Igbo Christian, Basil Chukwumeze Obiefule Ejesi - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kano Hisbah Buries Igbo Christian, Basil Chukwumeze Obiefule Ejesi (55688 Views)

Gunmen Kidnap Catholic Priest, Rev Fr Basil Gbuzuo, In Anambra / NDLEA Arraigns Basil Okafor, Brother For Possession Of 2.1kg Heroin / Pastor Basil Princewill Jailed For Raping, Impregnating, 14-Year-Old Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Hisbah Buries Igbo Christian, Basil Chukwumeze Obiefule Ejesi by Farki: 1:11pm On Feb 10, 2020
Commentor:

What about those that wish to bury a Muslim against his religious beliefs?

I doubt the dead man would be bothered being dead and all.
Re: Kano Hisbah Buries Igbo Christian, Basil Chukwumeze Obiefule Ejesi by Shimran(m): 1:14pm On Feb 10, 2020
Lostz:
China? US?
Are being deprived of research and curiosity?
Re: Kano Hisbah Buries Igbo Christian, Basil Chukwumeze Obiefule Ejesi by Farki: 1:16pm On Feb 10, 2020
BluntBoy:

I believe that you can read, and can tell the difference between fertility rate and conversion rate?

Pew Research estimates that 40 million people are expected to convert to Christianity between 2010-2050, and 106 million people are expected to leave Christianity during that period (resulting in a net loss of 66 million). [3] This is in contrast to most other religions, including Islam and Hinduism, where the number converting in is roughly similar to the number converting out.
http://www.pewforum.org/2015/04/02/religious-projections-2010-2050/

Note that in Muslim majority countries conversion from Islam is often illegal or socially frowned upon. There's also the fact that in Christian majority countries being an atheist isn't a crime but in Muslim majority countries it can be a death sentence. There is more legal and social pressure for people in Muslim majority countries to stay Muslim.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Hisbah Buries Igbo Christian, Basil Chukwumeze Obiefule Ejesi by Nobody: 1:22pm On Feb 10, 2020
BluntBoy:

Demography plays a big role in religious growth, whether Islam or Christianity.

But Islam's conversion rate has a net gain unlike Christianity where more people are leaving the religion than the number coming in.

Pew Research estimates that 40 million people are expected to convert to Christianity between 2010-2050, and 106 million people are expected to leave Christianity during that period (resulting in a net loss of 66 million). [3] This is in contrast to most other religions, including Islam and Hinduism, where the number converting in is roughly similar to the number converting out.

People who left Christianity don't join Islam, they become irreligious and pro Christianity.

People like me.

It's Muslims vs Non Muslims.

India will tell you
Re: Kano Hisbah Buries Igbo Christian, Basil Chukwumeze Obiefule Ejesi by Akpan107(m): 1:48pm On Feb 10, 2020
segebase:
This tin long
hahaha..
Re: Kano Hisbah Buries Igbo Christian, Basil Chukwumeze Obiefule Ejesi by Akpan107(m): 1:55pm On Feb 10, 2020
FrMbaka:

People who left Christianity don't join Islam, they become irreligious and pro Christianity.

People like me.

India will tell you
He just told you a lie. More Muslims are leaving Islam worldwide more than before.

Islam is the fastest dying religion in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRMMEZkMmWE

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano Hisbah Buries Igbo Christian, Basil Chukwumeze Obiefule Ejesi by Akpan107(m): 1:56pm On Feb 10, 2020
BluntBoy:

Demography plays a big role in religious growth, whether Islam or Christianity.

But Islam's conversion rate has a net gain unlike Christianity where more people are leaving the religion than the number coming in.

Hahaha

1 Like

Re: Kano Hisbah Buries Igbo Christian, Basil Chukwumeze Obiefule Ejesi by Akpan107(m): 1:58pm On Feb 10, 2020
Firebomber:

Smile I guess you people are so braindead not to know that the condition for your fastest growing religion is not because of conversion but because you give birth like rat. Seriously you people are growing in UK thanks to the immigration policy, just wait for the new UK after they left EU, you will cry just like the way you hate Trump for destroying your plans.

And mind you did you read the news? The man converted to Islam in 1990c so I don't know why you guys are giving yourself hope. Lol, well it's good to have hope sha
Islam is the fastest dying religion in world.

Make your personal research, don t allow a Muslim tell you anything about religion.

1 Like

Re: Kano Hisbah Buries Igbo Christian, Basil Chukwumeze Obiefule Ejesi by BluntBoy(m): 2:51pm On Feb 10, 2020
Akpan107:
Hahaha

Did you read my post and the link I provided?

Christianity has a massive net loss. It is losing more than it gains unlike Islam which loses about the same that it gains.

In layman's terms, Christianity is gaining converts. That is undisputable. But as it gains, it loses far more either to other religions or to irreligion.
Re: Kano Hisbah Buries Igbo Christian, Basil Chukwumeze Obiefule Ejesi by BluntBoy(m): 2:52pm On Feb 10, 2020
FrMbaka:

People like me.

India will tell you

Nonsense.

Mohammed Ali and others who converted to Islam from Christianity were/are not human beings abi
Re: Kano Hisbah Buries Igbo Christian, Basil Chukwumeze Obiefule Ejesi by BluntBoy(m): 2:54pm On Feb 10, 2020
Farki:

Note that in Muslim majority countries conversion from Islam is often illegal or socially frowned upon. There's also the fact that in Christian majority countries being an atheist isn't a crime but in Muslim majority countries it can be a death sentence. There is more legal and social pressure for people in Muslim majority countries to stay Muslim.

But still, the conversion from Islam is still very high.

You have a point, however.

1 Like

Re: Kano Hisbah Buries Igbo Christian, Basil Chukwumeze Obiefule Ejesi by Carlmax(m): 3:16pm On Feb 10, 2020
DrChukki:
So because of faith, an Igbo man is meant to be buried in Kano... Chai.

Igbos who did this to us?

If you're Igbo and you don't want to be a Christian, Judist or Eckankar.... Simply be a pagan. For the sake of our tomorrow.

I don't know how long I will keep saying this in our village meetings.

If I am a Muslim during my lifetime, please bury me as a Muslim. It is totally wrong and disrespectful to the corpse for it to be buried according to a rite he has stopped believing in.
Re: Kano Hisbah Buries Igbo Christian, Basil Chukwumeze Obiefule Ejesi by Legendguru: 3:34pm On Feb 10, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Kano Hisbah Buries Igbo Christian, Basil Chukwumeze Obiefule Ejesi by emkz: 3:53pm On Feb 10, 2020
chatinent:

I believe the dead are conscious of nothing; they can't feel, think or do anything.

I did not disagree with you. I only said there is a part of you that is alive (active) when your body dies (passive).

That active part of you is the one that goes all over the place (very fast) when you dream. Death is actually a dreamlike process; the essential difference is that the active "you" that is active when you dream does not return to the body (passive you) that is asleep. Those who raise people from the dead are able to recall the active part of the person to the passive part that is asleep (dead).
Re: Kano Hisbah Buries Igbo Christian, Basil Chukwumeze Obiefule Ejesi by EdiskyHarry: 3:57pm On Feb 10, 2020
BitcoinsMonitor:
Muslim grave or Christian grave, grave na grave. Abi, is there any particular grave that automatically takes you straight to paradise? I swear we too like wahala for this country
honestly
Re: Kano Hisbah Buries Igbo Christian, Basil Chukwumeze Obiefule Ejesi by 3Ceagle(m): 4:07pm On Feb 10, 2020
DrChukki:
So because of faith, an Igbo man is meant to be buried in Kano... Chai.

Igbos who did this to us?

If you're Igbo and you don't want to be a Christian, Judist or Eckankar.... Simply be a pagan. For the sake of our tomorrow.

I don't know how long I will keep saying this in our village meetings.

Keep on saying it. It's community service
Re: Kano Hisbah Buries Igbo Christian, Basil Chukwumeze Obiefule Ejesi by MetaPhysical: 4:29pm On Feb 10, 2020
ogbuefi677:

There are Igbo muslims but they're few.
And d Igbo culture and way of life does not give room extremism and gra gra so you hardly notice them.
Most times you'd think the Islamic names they answer are nicknames cos they're cool guys unlike .....

Is your culture tolerant of them? I dont think so. The very reason they are hardly known is because they keep their faith under cover and away from public knowledge to avoid persecution and ill treatment from their fellow Ibo brothers. Their voice should be heard. You guys need to respect and accept that diversity brings growth and progress. Allow your muslim brothers to practice Islam openly.
Re: Kano Hisbah Buries Igbo Christian, Basil Chukwumeze Obiefule Ejesi by MetaPhysical: 4:51pm On Feb 10, 2020
Carlmax:

If I am a Muslim during my lifetime, please bury me as a Muslim. It is totally wrong and disrespectful to the corpse for it to be buried according to a rite he has stopped believing in.

Hisbah could have approached the issue a different way.

First, tthey should not reject the family right on their kin. Contesting with them over ownership of the corpse was wrong.

If you notice, the Hisbah attempt was to sneak the body out of mortuary and give it a burial without the family's knowledge or presence. The family outsmarted them. How do I know this? Obinwa's kins were not at the burial...even if under pretext of playing along with the wrong corpse.

Hisbah and the Imam should have dispatched a delegation to Obinwa's family and console them on the death of their son. At the sitting they will share with the family that because he died a muslim they'd love to give him an islamic burial. The family would reject. The delegation must then follow up and ask for their permission to give him a special prayer and then release the body to them for burial.
I don't think his family would object to this.

The critical part in Islamic rite of burial is a special cleansing of the body and sending it off with a special prayer. Once this is completed the body can be disposed in numerous ways.

If a muslim on a ship sail died at sea, would they turn the ship back so they can bury the body on land? No! You cleanse it, give it prayer and toss it.

So Hisbah was wrong and the Imam was wrong in treating Obinwa's family with contempt. They could have given him an islamic rite and released his body to family to take home for whatever suit their desire. If they like they dance with it, thats their cup of tea, its their flesh and blood.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Hisbah Buries Igbo Christian, Basil Chukwumeze Obiefule Ejesi by MetaPhysical: 4:53pm On Feb 10, 2020
[quote author=nura15 post=86532004][/quote]

God punish you there!
Shut up! angry
Re: Kano Hisbah Buries Igbo Christian, Basil Chukwumeze Obiefule Ejesi by uchewilliam18: 5:01pm On Feb 10, 2020
Armaggedon:
if you are Igbo and fool yourself with ndi alakuba you are OYO

Please be reminded that you are a f00l.
Re: Kano Hisbah Buries Igbo Christian, Basil Chukwumeze Obiefule Ejesi by Emmyxto(m): 5:16pm On Feb 10, 2020
Does it mean that even if he had converted, has he stopped being an ibo man? So religion can snatch one away from relative?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano Hisbah Buries Igbo Christian, Basil Chukwumeze Obiefule Ejesi by ogbuefi677(m): 5:16pm On Feb 10, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Is your culture tolerant of them? I dont think so. The very reason they are hardly known is because they keep their faith under cover and away from public knowledge to avoid persecution and ill treatment from their fellow Ibo brothers. Their voice should be heard. You guys need to respect and accept that diversity brings growth and progress. Allow your muslim brothers to practice Islam openly.
Lolz.
You of all ppl should know muslims are very stubborn when it comes to religion and the last thing they'll accept is suppression of their rights to free worship.
Igbo culture is very tolerant to everyone and everything except crime and laziness.
The average Igbo man is business oriented and forward thinking so he doesn't waste his time on something that will neither remove nor add money to his pocket. grin
I've always had muslim classmates in primary school and university,majority of them of northern origin and some indigenous, probably those whose parents converted,but you are not even conscious of them cos they too aren't religious extremists like in the north and some in the southwest.There's a village in my state where up to 50% of the indigenes are muslims and it hosts d 1st school of Arabic studies in Nigeria,yet there has never been any fracas.On sallah days,you'll see thousands and thousands of muslims going to their designated prayer grounds and you'd begin to wonder if they were imported from outside the state.
Don't you think you would've been hearing it in the news if there was such intolerance?
Aren't you surprised there's never been reprisal attacks despite d cyclical religious killings in the north where Igbos suffer sizable casualties?
Igbo man no just get time for non profitable ventures like religious extremism.
The few you see in nairaland is just audio and I doubt if you aren't also tired of the muslim north and their never ending wahala.
Re: Kano Hisbah Buries Igbo Christian, Basil Chukwumeze Obiefule Ejesi by Armaggedon: 5:23pm On Feb 10, 2020
uchewilliam18:

Please be reminded that my father is a f00l.
...thought as much
Re: Kano Hisbah Buries Igbo Christian, Basil Chukwumeze Obiefule Ejesi by ogbuefi677(m): 5:43pm On Feb 10, 2020
Carlmax:

Except the man left clear instructions on how to be buried,his religious leaning shouldn't supersede his culture and the wishes of his nuclear family.
Re: Kano Hisbah Buries Igbo Christian, Basil Chukwumeze Obiefule Ejesi by Thane(m): 6:20pm On Feb 10, 2020
They are tons of economic Igbo Muslims in the north, this Abdullahi Obinwa sounds like one of them. They feign Islam, build mosques, go to hajj all for business purposes. When they die, they bodies re still sent home to be buried in the Christian Igbo way. Seems hisbah has had enough of the fake Muslims
Re: Kano Hisbah Buries Igbo Christian, Basil Chukwumeze Obiefule Ejesi by Guide777(m): 7:15pm On Feb 10, 2020
Thane:
They are tons of economic Igbo Muslims in the north, this Abdullahi Obinwa sounds like one of them. They feign Islam, build mosques, go to hajj all for business purposes. When they die, they bodies re still sent home to be buried in the Christian Igbo way. Seems hisbah has had enough of the fake Muslims
Islamic religion is very much incompatible with Igbo culture, that's why Islam have not been able to thrive in Igboland . You have few Igbo's who were coerced through economic blackmail and terrorism but in the end they will pay lipservlce to the faith.
This kind of case is very eye opening because certain things about Igbo culture vis a vis Islamic variance has been unveiled.
Igbo view death as an upstage where deceased either transform to ancestors or diminish to oblivion. Burial of an Igbo outside the ancestral homestead is therefore viewed as sign of wasted life of an efulefu.
Re: Kano Hisbah Buries Igbo Christian, Basil Chukwumeze Obiefule Ejesi by Monday60655(m): 8:26pm On Feb 10, 2020
I stopped reading the rest of this long story when I saw that the chief mortician is one Mr Buhari.
Re: Kano Hisbah Buries Igbo Christian, Basil Chukwumeze Obiefule Ejesi by Lukuluku69(m): 8:27pm On Feb 10, 2020
ZZ22:
if your brain dey leak come to Onitsha with your hisbar and exhume him. Is not madness trying to bury someone against the wish of his family

You were saying? And must you always abuse people? Must you?
Re: Kano Hisbah Buries Igbo Christian, Basil Chukwumeze Obiefule Ejesi by bendazum: 8:55pm On Feb 10, 2020
MetaPhysical:

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/mistaken-identity-how-igbo-christian-was-buried-in-muslim-grave-in-kano/

They should have handed over the chief mortician in his stead. Case solved.
Re: Kano Hisbah Buries Igbo Christian, Basil Chukwumeze Obiefule Ejesi by Skillsnigeria: 9:25pm On Feb 10, 2020
Nonsense ingredient post,make una try to dey post technological related post
Re: Kano Hisbah Buries Igbo Christian, Basil Chukwumeze Obiefule Ejesi by Thane(m): 11:57pm On Feb 10, 2020
Guide777:

Islamic religion is very much incompatible with Igbo culture, that's why Islam have not been able to thrive in Igboland . You have few Igbo's who were coerced through economic blackmail and terrorism but in the end they will pay lipservlce to the faith.
This kind of case is very eye opening because certain things about Igbo culture vis a vis Islamic variance has been unveiled.
Igbo view death as an upstage where deceased either transform to ancestors or diminish to oblivion. Burial of an Igbo outside the ancestral homestead is therefore viewed as sign of wasted life of an efulefu.

ofcourse, that's why the family had to take his body home asap. That's how families of the fake Igbo Alhajis up north do when they die. We all know Islam was just a means to an end
Re: Kano Hisbah Buries Igbo Christian, Basil Chukwumeze Obiefule Ejesi by Bambela(m): 12:59pm On Feb 11, 2020
Religion of piss. Let them no go hack the family members abeg.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Willie Amadi Leaked Sex Video: Court Jails Mastermind / Man Lures 16-Year-Old Girl From Facebook To Benin Hotel, Kidnaps And Rapes Her / 6 Yahoo Boys Declared Wanted By EFCC (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.