Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,773 members, 7,813,564 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

My Bad Experience With Fairmoney Loan (must Read), Learn From This - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Bad Experience With Fairmoney Loan (must Read), Learn From This (49267 Views)

Warning!!! Fairmoney Loan App Will Do This To You / My Bad Experience Buying An Office Chair Online / Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Bad Experience With Fairmoney Loan (must Read), Learn From This by emitheo(m): 8:23am On Feb 10, 2020
Okay, the other day I was short on cash and salary payday was still about 20 days away. So, I thought 'hey, FairMoney loan app is out there', it wouldn't hurt to get a small loan to hold body till payday.
So, I downloaded the app, and input all my details, including the most treasured detail 'bvn' number.
After successfully inputting the required details, time to receive OTP code to validate the loan collection and disbursement became a problem. OTP code was been sent to my old phone number that wasn't in use and has been replaced with my present phone number. The stupid FairMoney couldn't get things right. So, at last I couldn't get the loan and had to delete the app. Now, fast forward to 1 month and 2 weeks later, I received a loan default SMS from the bloody FairMoney. I ignored it. 2 days later, I woke up to a debit alert of direct deduction from my account by The same FairMoney.
After contacting them through email, those bastard said they sent money to my account 3 days ago. See thief?

Note: I remember checking reviews and seeing about 2-3 persons complaining of this same issue

Guys, stay off that app. You wouldn't even be able to delete your debit card from the app sef.

2 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience With Fairmoney Loan (must Read), Learn From This by Nobody: 8:27am On Feb 10, 2020
Good morning oooo. Abeg I want to come to Lagos to come and work oo any type of Odd job I really need am but I no get where to stay for Lagos so I need a job that will give me accommodation or if any good person is willing to accommodate me for the meantime biko. I'm a good driver, I sabi hotel management, I sabi computer well, I'm a good superior in any management. I have been on the street for long nothing whey person no fit do as long as say money go show. I really need a job please driving most. Tomorrow when God blesses me and I become rich no matter where you are I go look for you to appreciate your help �������. Oh I forgot to add I'm a funny type ooo comedian but only when small money dey my hand sha� Abeg anybody whey dey stay alone in Lagos please help a brother make I come hustle biko, Ejor, Sanu��

5 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience With Fairmoney Loan (must Read), Learn From This by money121(m): 8:34am On Feb 10, 2020
Too bAd
Re: My Bad Experience With Fairmoney Loan (must Read), Learn From This by Gentlemanforyou: 8:40am On Feb 10, 2020
Fair money is a scam .

4 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience With Fairmoney Loan (must Read), Learn From This by Nobody: 8:45am On Feb 10, 2020
Sorry about your ordeal.. My question is Who did your old number come into the picture?

Is ur account link to your old number and also is the old number still in use by someone else.. Confirm all this....

You can cancel the Card and get a new one but First try to local their local office if they have 1

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bad Experience With Fairmoney Loan (must Read), Learn From This by LewsTherin: 8:54am On Feb 10, 2020
Was any money credited to your account?
Re: My Bad Experience With Fairmoney Loan (must Read), Learn From This by YOUNGELDER1(m): 9:07am On Feb 10, 2020
Kallmerb:
Sorry about your ordeal.. My question is Who did your old number come into the picture?

Is ur account link to your old number and also is the old number still in use by someone else.. Confirm all this....

You can cancel the Card and get a new one but First try to local their local office if they have 1

I believe they need to send OTP to the number linked to your BVN & Op not making use of that number again.
Re: My Bad Experience With Fairmoney Loan (must Read), Learn From This by Nobody: 9:23am On Feb 10, 2020
YOUNGELDER1:

I believe they need to send OTP to the number linked to your BVN & Op not making use of that number again.
that is why I don't understand this... Without The OTP the card shouldn't have been active so what's going on

3 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience With Fairmoney Loan (must Read), Learn From This by emitheo(m): 11:10am On Feb 10, 2020
Kallmerb:

Thanks bro...
The old number is no more in use.
As for the card. Might have to change pin number or deactivate it sha.
Those people don't have an office
Re: My Bad Experience With Fairmoney Loan (must Read), Learn From This by emitheo(m): 11:13am On Feb 10, 2020
Kallmerb:
that is why I don't understand this... Without The OTP the card shouldn't have been active so what's going on
Exactly! But this?
I have no single idea how they did it...I can see my debit card details on the app, yet no way to even delete it! Crazy!!!

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience With Fairmoney Loan (must Read), Learn From This by emitheo(m): 11:14am On Feb 10, 2020
YOUNGELDER1:

Yeah, the number is not in use anymore. I have replaced the number on my bvn with my present number.
Re: My Bad Experience With Fairmoney Loan (must Read), Learn From This by emitheo(m): 11:15am On Feb 10, 2020
LewsTherin:
Was any money credited to your account?
1 kobo sef I did not see. angry
Re: My Bad Experience With Fairmoney Loan (must Read), Learn From This by Nobody: 11:26am On Feb 10, 2020
emitheo:

Thanks bro...
The old number is no more in use.
As for the card. Might have to change pin number or deactivate it sha.
Those people don't have an office
don't bother urself with change of pin
. It won't work... Have tried that before.. The pin would be changed but the payment would still be active
Re: My Bad Experience With Fairmoney Loan (must Read), Learn From This by roundman: 12:33pm On Feb 10, 2020
Try carbon they are the best, but try and change you ATM card so that your new phone number is linked to new card.

4 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience With Fairmoney Loan (must Read), Learn From This by roundman: 12:34pm On Feb 10, 2020
roundman:
Try carbon they are the best, but try and change you ATM card so that your new phone number is linked to the new card.
Re: My Bad Experience With Fairmoney Loan (must Read), Learn From This by zexy2030(m): 12:41pm On Feb 10, 2020
OgaWisdom5050:
Good morning oooo. Abeg I want to come to Lagos to come and work oo any type of Odd job I really need am but I no get where to stay for Lagos so I need a job that will give me accommodation or if any good person is willing to accommodate me for the meantime biko. I'm a good driver, I sabi hotel management, I sabi computer well, I'm a good superior in any management. I have been on the street for long nothing whey person no fit do as long as say money go show. I really need a job please driving most. Tomorrow when God blesses me and I become rich no matter where you are I go look for you to appreciate your help �������. Oh I forgot to add I'm a funny type ooo comedian but only when small money dey my hand sha� Abeg anybody whey dey stay alone in Lagos please help a brother make I come hustle biko, Ejor, Sanu��
hustle for where u dey, carry d money con invest for Lagos props.
Re: My Bad Experience With Fairmoney Loan (must Read), Learn From This by zexy2030(m): 12:55pm On Feb 10, 2020
emitheo:
Okay, the other day I was short on cash and salary payday was still about 20 days away. So, I thought 'hey, FairMoney loan app is out there', it wouldn't hurt to get a small loan to hold body till payday.
So, I downloaded the app, and input all my details, including the most treasured detail 'bvn' number.
After successfully inputting the required details, time to receive OTP code to validate the loan collection and disbursement became a problem. OTP code was been sent to my old phone number that wasn't in use and has been replaced with my present phone number. The stupid FairMoney couldn't get things right. So, at last I couldn't get the loan and had to delete the app. Now, fast forward to 1 month and 2 weeks later, I received a loan default SMS from the bloody FairMoney. I ignored it. 2 days later, I woke up to a debit alert of direct deduction from my account by The same FairMoney.
After contacting them through email, those bastard said they sent money to my account 3 days ago. See thief?

Note: I remember checking reviews and seeing about 2-3 persons complaining of this same issue

Guys, stay off that app. You wouldn't even be able to delete your debit card from the app sef.
o boy na so I borrow money from fair money December, but could not payback at agreed time, na so one girl call me say which time I dey payback, na so payback one Friday like that o, though some part, two days after the balance in my account I left for recharge was wiped. I nearly cried. left with 0.00naira. peter of fair money kon dey thank me o.
so later I con call them for their office add. the babe replied that their office is online. mad people.

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience With Fairmoney Loan (must Read), Learn From This by Nobody: 1:02pm On Feb 10, 2020
zexy2030:

hustle for where u dey, carry d money con invest for Lagos props.
my brother i wasn't born last night. Like i said I'm 30yrs + so if a location no favour you to show something of na to relocate Nah.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bad Experience With Fairmoney Loan (must Read), Learn From This by sellyjeffery: 1:27pm On Feb 10, 2020
OgaWisdom5050:

This is how u want to get to lag??...e be like u want to be sacrificed to the Oracle
Re: My Bad Experience With Fairmoney Loan (must Read), Learn From This by evanvick: 2:17pm On Feb 10, 2020
Branch app loan is the best. I have been with them for sometime now. I believe they are the best.

3 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience With Fairmoney Loan (must Read), Learn From This by Malayy(m): 2:46pm On Feb 10, 2020
get a new ATM card..
Re: My Bad Experience With Fairmoney Loan (must Read), Learn From This by Nobody: 2:52pm On Feb 10, 2020
Malayy:
get a new ATM card..

Pls whats the eventual consequence of not paying back on Fairmoney.. What is the consequences
Re: My Bad Experience With Fairmoney Loan (must Read), Learn From This by rolly44: 3:17pm On Feb 10, 2020
@Op, dont come to discredit a reputable organisation out of ur mistake, u made a mistake and it cost u, i hv been collecting paying back from fair money app never had issues, and even when u hv they will resolve it through ur email,

5 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience With Fairmoney Loan (must Read), Learn From This by Malayy(m): 3:32pm On Feb 10, 2020
Circa:

Pls whats the eventual consequence of not paying back on Fairmoney.. What is the consequences
anytime money enters the account, they withdraw it immediately. and you can't borrow from any financial institution ..
Re: My Bad Experience With Fairmoney Loan (must Read), Learn From This by Nickshrapnel: 5:19pm On Feb 10, 2020
OgaWisdom5050:
Don’t come to Lagos if you’ve not sorted accommodation
Re: My Bad Experience With Fairmoney Loan (must Read), Learn From This by Nobody: 7:43pm On Feb 10, 2020
sellyjeffery:

This is how u want to get to lag??...e be like u want to be sacrificed to the Oracle
hmmmmm na wa ooo but na head whey fit bring money Oracle go collect nah cheesy grin
Re: My Bad Experience With Fairmoney Loan (must Read), Learn From This by Nobody: 7:47pm On Feb 10, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
Don’t come to Lagos if you’ve not sorted accommodation
, sir, none of the billionaires and millionaires from the East, Sout, and North who made it in Lagos today paid their Lagos first rent from their village before entering Lagos. Na from one connect to another then they start from there to become what they are today cheesy if you accommodate me today and God bless me tomorrow na him be say you are the pillar to my success. Thanks sir
Re: My Bad Experience With Fairmoney Loan (must Read), Learn From This by Blackfriday: 7:59pm On Feb 10, 2020
Kallmerb:
Op story don't add up, there's no way the transaction will work without the OTP and if by any chance it did work, the disbursement will go straight to his bank account.

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience With Fairmoney Loan (must Read), Learn From This by Blackfriday: 8:01pm On Feb 10, 2020
emitheo:

OP please your story don't add up, don't come and tarnish another person's honest venture, those guys are credible.

2 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience With Fairmoney Loan (must Read), Learn From This by Yewandequeen(f): 8:38pm On Feb 10, 2020
emitheo:

go and get another atm card from. Your bank to avoid future unauthorized debit from you acct.

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience With Fairmoney Loan (must Read), Learn From This by ruggedtimi(m): 9:13pm On Feb 10, 2020
stay away from loan apps, fairmoney, branch, Migo(kwicash), Jumia one(quickcheck), Aella credit, carbon, palm credit, opay. etc

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Supreme Court Temporarily Halts Banning Of Old Naira Notes / Earning At Least N200,000 as Side Income Isn't that Bad. Learn How I Do it / 17 Pictures That Depicts How We Live In Our Economy Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.