Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,908 members, 7,835,031 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

What Wikileaks Has Taught Me - Thisday Editor - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Wikileaks Has Taught Me - Thisday Editor (8004 Views)

See Fashola And Amaechi's Swags At Olawale Thisday Editor Wedding Ceremony (pics / What Obasanjo Taught Me - Femi Kayode / Thisday Editor, Simon Kolawole's Description Of Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Wikileaks Has Taught Me - Thisday Editor by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 14, 2010
Ikengawo:

but here's the thing.

anything anyone says anything good about nigeria half of you bastards start attacking him on this site.
you have 0 patriotic drops in your blood and often wish the worst for nigeria

then when nigeria isn't doing well you blame the politicians.

this is a country none of you will pay tax to, none of you will die for, and none of you have anything good to say about, so when it's having a hard time existing stop pointing fingers. you people don't know what a country is, and[b] ALL of you open your legs for white people on a regular basis[/b] so why are you faulting you government officials.
ROTFL. . .oh ooh oh oh .you don kolo.
Re: What Wikileaks Has Taught Me - Thisday Editor by oludashmi(f): 10:59am On Dec 14, 2010
shevchenko:

Useless editor,do your work,let others do theirs.your own work of xposing corrupt pple,u r non challant about it,yu rather paint their name in gold

Did you read the post at all?
Must you reply to every post if you have nothing meaningful to say?

You sound like your username - chinese or lebanese
Re: What Wikileaks Has Taught Me - Thisday Editor by obowunmi(m): 11:01am On Dec 14, 2010
These politicians are busy chasing the toto of uni lag babes ---- they're clueless.

Nigeria has every potential to be great. This has nothing to do with the white man, we lack good leadership.
Re: What Wikileaks Has Taught Me - Thisday Editor by Blazay(m): 11:03am On Dec 14, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Even on NL,some people here are proud supporters of supplying information to the west especially through the media all in the name of white supremacist versus black-mentality.

That would be a major security risk.

There would be no Wiki Leaks.
Ever wondered why OO7 is not a black man?. . . He would have died right there, in the first series called "Dr. No". . . in 1962, and we would not even have "Quantum of Solace" in 2008.  Not to talk of the indefinitely postponed "Bond 23"(was scheduled for release in April 2010?). . . cheesy
Instead of: "Bond. . . My name is Bond. James Bond", we would have had stuff like:

My name is Obusonjo. . . Afam bu Obusonjo. . . Olisiego Obusonjo!

Maybe that would have been our African James Bond. Who knows?

Kei! grin

Who wants information from jobless, extremely retarrrded, FB addicts with faulty, pre-genetically leaking wiki-cables already from NL of all places as spies?
Please. . .it is not easy to get info from a black man. Just give him some free booze. . .dazzle him with big-big grammar he
does not understand. . . then give him a few mind-blowing blow jobs his religion forbids behind closed doors and all is well. As for the women. . . just dangle any filthy, one-one dollar notes in just one wad. . . it is open Sesame all the way through. . .top to bottom, front to back and some 'fisi' and 'jara'.
It is freeeeeeeee. No bargaining chips necessary.

All you have to do is go to any pepper soup joint in Nigeria with any 'money-miss-road' poli-thieving-ticians there pinching the bosoms or tugging the balls of illiterate bar attendants within. . . for no fee, their mouths are running like faucets all night long. Who needs to pay Nigerians for espionage duties?

They could not even keep their pants on in the ECOMOG disasters. . .having fathered the record number of bastaards only fit for the WGBOR(world guiness books of records) cheesy Liberian and Sierra-Leonian women with Nigerian bastaaards knocking down all the embassies in Nigeria for some retribution.

What a country I tellya. cheesy
Re: What Wikileaks Has Taught Me - Thisday Editor by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 14, 2010
obowunmi:

These politicians are busy chasing the toto of uni lag babes ---- they're clueless.

Nigeria has every potential to be great. This has nothing to do with the white man, we lack good leadership.
grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked cry cry cry cry grin grin grin grin
Re: What Wikileaks Has Taught Me - Thisday Editor by slap1(m): 11:42am On Dec 14, 2010
Kobojunkie:

^^^

Show yourselves capable/even better and you won't need to dream of REVOLTING at all.
Nigerians are capable and some are even better than these white things. We just have an insupportive government.
Re: What Wikileaks Has Taught Me - Thisday Editor by fuqua: 12:01pm On Dec 14, 2010
@ OP
Thank you.
Re: What Wikileaks Has Taught Me - Thisday Editor by switosman(m): 12:55pm On Dec 14, 2010
What you are just realizing people is what my competriots and I have been suffering in the hands of whites, that even common Indians have started exhibiting their domineerig straits.
They bring a low qualified expatrate and he ends up managing persons more qualified and experienced than him, just because he happens to be a national.
go to seatrucks groups and see gross abuse of nationals. when they mess up a job, they quickly blame it on nationals. even a recent school drop out, just becuase he is white believes and acts like a slave master. he also directs and use your fellow nigeria to enforce his "oshebee". trust a national when it comes to suppressing his fellow just to enter some good books.

Thats why I cry for our leaders. Many of them are stooges, the likes of ATIKU, they play us down thinking they are up,, fallacies. They in the same pit, watch their mentalities, its all slavery, coated.

THIS IS THE TIME TO ENSURE WE THE YOUTHS REGISTER, VOTE AND PROTECT OUR VOTES. ITS TIME WE DICTATE OUR FUTURE. THE PRESNT CROP OF LEADER HAS FAILED.
Re: What Wikileaks Has Taught Me - Thisday Editor by nitrogen(m): 1:10pm On Dec 14, 2010
Aganga is a coward.
Re: What Wikileaks Has Taught Me - Thisday Editor by AjanleKoko: 1:50pm On Dec 14, 2010
Ikengawo:

but here's the thing.

anything anyone says anything good about nigeria half of you bastards start attacking him on this site.
you have 0 patriotic drops in your blood and often wish the worst for nigeria

then when nigeria isn't doing well you blame the politicians.

this is a country none of you will pay tax to, none of you will die for, and none of you have anything good to say about, so when it's having a hard time existing stop pointing fingers. you people don't know what a country is, and ALL of you open your legs for white people on a regular basis so why are you faulting you government officials.

At the end of the day more  of the much-vaunted self-hate has been spouted by almost everybody commenting here:

googles:

Forget the Nigerian dream . . . Its a failed state already  angry

ola olabiy:

Talk about the dregs of the human society and that is a very apt description of the black man.
Yet, we claim to be brilliant. Brilliant my foot.

Blazay:

What did Nigeria do?
A sick country indeed. . . a sick country full of anecephalic, loud/foul mouthed, morally-bankrupt, spiritually-depraved, psychotic citizens( with passive agressive ethnic and religious bigots). Damned souls without redemption. Poor Jesus! When he came to save the world, I don't think he knew Nigerians existed. . . or he would have made a beehive turn without a re-think. Honestly.

Blazay:

Only a white man can do that. . . no fear of the consequences. . .all sheer guts and a matter of principles.
A black man would have been thinking of his wallet and his precious dusty black skin that lead into all evils and temptations.
Foolish, baseless empty pride without any meaningful underlying principles.
What a curse!

My take: I thought since the start of this decade we'd have learned that the Great United States of America is also run by multinationals. Enough books have been written, enough Michael Mann movies have been made, what is the point of ranting exactly?

So Shell says they have links in every government department in Nigeria. What's new? They probably do in most of everywhere they operate. Nigeria can't be an exception. Espionage, particularly corporate espionage, is a multi-billion dollar business.
Re: What Wikileaks Has Taught Me - Thisday Editor by bestsales1: 1:54pm On Dec 14, 2010
nitrogen:

Aganga is a coward.

i dont agree with you, this is not just the best time to say such, im sure he saw holes in the claim and it would be very difficult for him to defend such claims,
Re: What Wikileaks Has Taught Me - Thisday Editor by yodiyokun(f): 1:56pm On Dec 14, 2010
AjanleKoko:

At the end of the day more  of the much-vaunted self-hate has been spouted by almost everybody commenting here:

My take: I thought since the start of this decade we'd have learned that the Great United States of America is also run by multinationals. Enough books have been written, enough Michael Mann movies have been made, what is the point of ranting exactly?

So Shell says they have links in every government department in Nigeria. What's new? They probably do in most of everywhere they operate. Nigeria can't be an exception. Espionage, particularly corporate espionage, is a multi-billion dollar business.

I agree with you. It's just appalling thats all.

Anyway, I hope we move past self hate or self-loathing to making individual changes in every relationship every intercation we have as Nigerias, Change starts from us, during our every day interactions. Without us the people there can be no change in Nigeria or change in leadership. You see every half sane leader that has tried something in nigeria has been murdered or assasinated bacuse the people around them are traitors and did not taotally believe in their cause or the Nigerian Cause.
Re: What Wikileaks Has Taught Me - Thisday Editor by BetaThings: 2:04pm On Dec 14, 2010
shevchenko:

Useless editor,do your work,let others do theirs.your own work of xposing corrupt pple,u r non challant about it,yu rather paint their name in gold
Useless? I hope you know the meaning of the word. An editor writing about social ills is useless! So pray what is your job, and have you done it? Or is it yahoozee?
Re: What Wikileaks Has Taught Me - Thisday Editor by Mariory(m): 2:04pm On Dec 14, 2010
If it's not the "white" man (Westerner), it's the "Chinese" man (Far East). If it's not the "Chinese" man, it's the Arab. If it's not the Arab it's the foreigner.

When will you all stop decieving yourselves. Is the problem here not Nigerians themselves? If Nigerians were the only people on Earth, will we then start blaming aliens?

We must change our mentality in Nigeria. We must stop decieving ourselves.
Re: What Wikileaks Has Taught Me - Thisday Editor by VALIDATOR: 2:06pm On Dec 14, 2010
Nigerians,we are doing what we normally do.TALK.
We are just realizing what the arabs and chinese realized several decades ago and stopped blaming the colonial masters for their backwardness. Enough of the talks. Let each one of us try to be the best in what we do. If we are talented enough, it will be almost impossible for anybody to come to our father's land and be master over us. if we develop our own technologies that rival foreign technologies in the oil and gas sectors,shell and the rest can not succeed in bossing us around.
Re: What Wikileaks Has Taught Me - Thisday Editor by BetaThings: 2:13pm On Dec 14, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Very silly conclusion in my opinion. The man lived for a period, and even operates his business out of Sweden. if he did commit sex crimes in Sweden, should he not be arrested and brought to book for it? What has arresting a man for possible sex offences/crimes to do with Mugabe or African dictators? What the heck?

The case he has in Sweden is NOT the same case he has or the US is trying to bring against him in America. Anyone with half a brain would have. not only figured that out by now but also realized that if he is extradited to Sweden, there are chances that America will not be able to get it's hands on him to charge him for espionage since Sweden's laws do not prohibit that.
But the stories told by the ladies are wooly!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1336291/Wikileaks-Julian-Assanges-2-night-stands-spark-worldwide-hunt.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
Re: What Wikileaks Has Taught Me - Thisday Editor by AjanleKoko: 2:15pm On Dec 14, 2010
It's even unfortunate to say black people are cowards.
Even here in Nigeria we had the likes of Bagauda Kaltho (not sure of the spelling) who was killed by Abacha's dogs. In the heady days of June 12, we had the likes of The News, Tell, Tempo and Razor continually embarassing the government. Their editors were either dropped into Omenka's underground cell, like Moshood Fayemiwo, or hounded into exile. The cells were full. Why not ask men like Gani and Beko, Femi Falana, Ayo Obe, Chima Ubani, and all those activists of that era, the number of army beatings and tortures they endured?

We all participated in the June 12 riots in 1993 and 1994. At least I did, since most of the posters here were children back then. I saw people shot to death at Ojuelegba right before my eyes, and at Iyana Oworo. And people are here writing all sorts of stuff. Abeg make una save the hot air jare.
Re: What Wikileaks Has Taught Me - Thisday Editor by BetaThings: 2:18pm On Dec 14, 2010
best_sales:

i dont agree with you,  this is not just the best time to say such,  im sure he saw holes in the claim and it would be very difficult for him to defend such claims,
Of course, Aganga is a Coward! There was the question of what he said. Look at the chronology
"I am going to reduce NASS (national secret society) recurrent expenditure" - the papers reported
NASS to Aganga. Did you say that? "No, I never did. I was misquoted. As public officials, we should be careful of what we say to ensure that we are not misquoted"
Then Mon last week Aganga said "Recurrent expenditure is too high, we need to reduce it"
Re: What Wikileaks Has Taught Me - Thisday Editor by Orikinla(m): 2:27pm On Dec 14, 2010
Nigerians idolize White people.

Nigerians will do their best to impress white people.

NA INFERIORITY COMPLEX.
Re: What Wikileaks Has Taught Me - Thisday Editor by Kobojunkie: 2:57pm On Dec 14, 2010
BetaThings:

But the stories told by the ladies are wooly!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1336291/Wikileaks-Julian-Assanges-2-night-stands-spark-worldwide-hunt.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Well, regardless of our opinion of their story , the fact is they has accused him of despoil and there is ABSOLU_FRELLING_LUTELY no reason why he should be given automatic pardon just because he is "Assange".

Also, that he is to face the music in that case, has NO CONNECTIONS WHATSOEVER to the case which the US is still in decisions as to whether to charge him with or not to. So the Writer in this case is stupidly mistaken in his write up about how it Democracy is crap and Mugabe is this and that. That is RUBBISH thinking and not much else.
Re: What Wikileaks Has Taught Me - Thisday Editor by Kobojunkie: 3:02pm On Dec 14, 2010
slap1:

Nigerians are capable and some are even better than these white things. We just have an insupportive government.

The key is SHOWING OURSELVES capable here, not continue to rely on our presumptions that we are. We have OVERUSED that "Nigerians are smart just because we can say they are" argument, it is now time to SHOW we are really as smart as we think we are.

We all know the reason why our companies started bringing in expatriates by the busload and we all know why the practice continues even to this day, and our own people now go abroad to get degrees in order that they can get jobs in their own country. There is a VALID reason, albeit not a justified one, why we have expatriates in our country and there will definitely be some arses shipped in as well. But ain’t is no justification for people to make it a BLACK vs WHITE issue, as if we do not have equal arses as Nigerians in offices across that same nation.
Re: What Wikileaks Has Taught Me - Thisday Editor by Beaf: 3:07pm On Dec 14, 2010
BetaThings:

Of course, Aganga is a Coward! There was the question of what he said. Look at the chronology
"I am going to reduce NASS (national secret society) recurrent expenditure" - the papers reported
NASS to Aganga. Did you say that? "No, I never did. I was misquoted. As public officials, we should be careful of what we say to ensure that we are not misquoted"
Then Mon last week Aganga said "Recurrent expenditure is too high, we need to reduce it"

He is not a coward. He was only being diplomatic in the presence of the NASS while his mind was made up all the time. All he did was employ an oblique Strategy to achieve the exact same goal as Sanusi, while Sanusi's approach was the frontal, railroad sort. The major difference is that Aganga will likely succeed, while Sanusi will fail and be punished.
Re: What Wikileaks Has Taught Me - Thisday Editor by deboski4u: 3:09pm On Dec 14, 2010
i beg to disagree on the issue of the bombings and other issue raised by the editor, i tink the writer doesnot know how security works, u just tink that carrying gun all around is security. try and get security know how, thanks.
Re: What Wikileaks Has Taught Me - Thisday Editor by bencobenz(m): 3:10pm On Dec 14, 2010
Nigerians worship White men as if they are gods. We travel to their country, they oppress us, they come to our own country they still oppress us, no thanks to our leaders rulers. I see everyday the number of soldiers attached to a few white men that works in one of the oil companies where i reside, its really annoying. You need to see the way they delay people just to create road for these idiots to pass.
Re: What Wikileaks Has Taught Me - Thisday Editor by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 14, 2010
God bless you Mr Kolawale !
Good to read the truth bluntly written. Especially glad our politicians also get to read it.

We are getting there,
Re: What Wikileaks Has Taught Me - Thisday Editor by mekay(m): 3:20pm On Dec 14, 2010
Security situation in this country is alarming. What is happening to our security agencies?
Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption
Re: What Wikileaks Has Taught Me - Thisday Editor by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 14, 2010
Beaf:

He is not a coward. He was only being diplomatic in the presence of the NASS while his mind was made up all the time. All he did was employ an oblique Strategy to achieve the exact same goal as Sanusi, while Sanusi's approach was the frontal, railroad sort. The major difference is that Aganga will likely succeed, while Sanusi will fail and be punished.

two words: NNPC audit
Re: What Wikileaks Has Taught Me - Thisday Editor by xoxogg(f): 3:29pm On Dec 14, 2010
Beaf:

okay, so he was less brave and more diplomatic than sanusi. but given the state of things in this country, i think its about time we threw diplomacy out the window.
Re: What Wikileaks Has Taught Me - Thisday Editor by olaolabiy: 3:33pm On Dec 14, 2010
AjanleKoko:

At the end of the day more  of the much-vaunted self-hate has been spouted by almost everybody commenting here:

Our grouch is not about corporate espionage or lobbying but the blatant disregard for rule of law. It's true lobbying by corporate giants is a worldwide phenomenon. But, would journalists from Nigeria have easy access to the corridors of power in America? I doubt that.
Would they allow their resources to be plundered by MNCs? It is impossible!
Would their state corporation like the NNPC be reduced to a glorified contract-awarding, muribund and overhead-gulping entity just to satisfy the pecuniary motives of a greedy few?
Would they allow this espionage at the expense of their people?
Would they allow a corner of their territory to be reduced to a raging battlefield all in the name of resources?
Re: What Wikileaks Has Taught Me - Thisday Editor by 9ijaMan: 3:43pm On Dec 14, 2010
ola olabiy:

Our grouch is not about corporate espionage or lobbying but the blatant disregard for rule of law. It's true lobbying by corporate giants is a worldwide phenomenon. But, would journalists from Nigeria have easy access to the corridors of power in America? I doubt that.
Would they allow their resources to be plundered by MNCs? It is impossible!
Would their state corporation like the NNPC be reduced to a glorified contract-awarding, muribund and overhead-gulping entity just to satisfy the pecuniary motives of a greedy few?
Would they allow this espionage at the expense of their people?
Would they allow a corner of their territory to be reduced to a raging battlefield all in the name of resources?

Ola Olabiy,
All the questions you asked are valid, but it's not the white man's fault that our own government prefers them to their fellow 9jans. We should be asking ourselves such questions and stop wasting out time with the delusion that the white man will help us to develop. They are less concerned about you and I, hence we should also worry about our own selves only.
Re: What Wikileaks Has Taught Me - Thisday Editor by Beaf: 3:47pm On Dec 14, 2010
xoxo, :

okay, so he was less brave and more diplomatic than sanusi. but given the state of things in this country, i think its about time we threw diplomacy out the window.

Most times its the calmer methods that turn out the most incisive; more haste, less speed.
The country is in the state it is because of past hotheaded rulers, who have only done the same thing for 50 years. My sister, their results are predictable and visible all around us.

Most have agreed that Nigeria;s main issue is an inferiority complex. We don't need types that will continue the bruising behaviour that caused it, rather, a different style of leadership is required in these trying times.
Re: What Wikileaks Has Taught Me - Thisday Editor by bestsales1: 4:07pm On Dec 14, 2010
BetaThings:

u need to understand that the fact that Aganga came out with that revealing story about their expenses, u can hardly report them to anyone, so coming out wild would not get you anywhere, the best way to approach these thieves is the best way he did it without causing any reverberation btw the NASS and his ministry.
defending in-front of the NASS is not a small issue oga, u can't get there and say what you planned to say. im sure Sanusi didnt spit 10% of what he planned to, it was very obvious,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Confuse Titles With Professions / Wahab Dosumu Is Dead (Ex-NADECO Chieftain) / Opposition Parties Mobilising Bandits, Boko Haram Against Elections, FG Alleges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.