|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,757,019 members, 6,551,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 23 October 2021 at 12:42 AM
|General Kitchen Tips And Tricks by jpilata(m): 12:32pm On Feb 10, 2020|
GENERAL KITCHEN TIPS AND TRICKS
1. If you want to know an original honey, just drop a spoon of honey in a glass of water; if it mixes with the water before you stir, it is fake, but if it is sticky and get to the bottom of the glass, then it is original.
2. Bay leaf can be used to drive cockroaches. You can even burn it and scatter it at the corner of the house.
3. If you mistakenly pour yourself hot water or burn yourself with hot oil, just put some honey, raw eggs, toothpaste or baking flour over it and it will be ok, without any trace of burnt. Baking flour is the best, that is why you must always have it in your kitchen. Honey is very good for treating burnt.
4. White vinegar can be used to wash your kitchen utensils.
5. White vinegar can be used to clean your kitchen tile.
6. You can use the other side of your bread knife to sharpen your knife.
7. Baking soda and white vinegar are perfect for cleaning your kitchen utensils, tools and equipment.
8. Lime, that is cut into 4 or 2 can be used to drive away cockroaches.
9. Whenever your oil catches fire while on heat or frying or about to fry, don't pour water over it, or else it will splash the oil on you. Turn off the gas or the fire source and quickly cover with pot cover or any metal or glass cover around it. Baking soda can also be used to extinguish the fire.
10. Do not let visitors know where you keep any thing in the kitchen, except your trusted family members.
11. It is good to serve food when it is not too hot, so that you can feel the real taste of the food.
12. Always measure your cooking ingredients before using them to cook.
13. Always label all your grounded food ingredients in bottles, containers or zip bags, to avoid using the wrong ingredient at the right time.
14. Do not expose any kitchen sharp objects, ceramics, breakable plates, to avoid home accident.
15. You can add pinch of salt to your fresh milk, to make it stay longer without sour taste.
16. To wash your burnt rice pot off without stress of scrapping it. Add water to cover the burnt surface and sprinkle little detergent into it; let it boil for 5 minutes. Bring it down and let it cool. Washing it now will be as easy as ABC.
17. Please, take note, never you answer calls or use your phone close to your gas cooker. It can cause explosion. It has killed few people. If you want to make use of your phone torch light in the kitchen, make sure you put it on flight mode.
18. If you want your avocado pear to ripe fast, put it in the midst of your onions.
19. Put slice bread in your waste bin, to control the odour in it.
20. The importance of egg shells.
•You can dry your egg shells and use it to provide calcium as feeds for your snails and other animals.
•Your egg shells can be used to whiten your teeth. It is ground to powder.
•It can also be ground and used to wash the back of your pots.
•It can be ground, mixed with Akamu/ogi and given to babies for strong bone ( calcium ).
|Re: General Kitchen Tips And Tricks by jpilata(m): 12:36pm On Feb 10, 2020|
We are here to share our kitchen knowledge.
For more kitchen knowledge and information, visit our blog link below:
|Re: General Kitchen Tips And Tricks by Nobody: 12:39pm On Feb 10, 2020|
If e shock your teeth which chewing. . It's ijebu garri
When frying meat, make sure you taste at least three pieces,thats how you know when it's done.
|Re: General Kitchen Tips And Tricks by jpilata(m): 12:43pm On Feb 10, 2020|
lovely tips, thanks.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44