Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,982 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

Boko Haram Kills 30 In Maiduguri, Kidnaps Dozens - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Kills 30 In Maiduguri, Kidnaps Dozens (54201 Views)

Boko Haram Kills Army Lieutenant, Six Others On Borno-Yobe Road / Boko Haram Kills 30 Soldiers In Borno / Military Invades Shangev-Tiev, Benue, Kills 30 Villagers, Burns 200 Houses - SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Kills 30 In Maiduguri, Kidnaps Dozens by shineeye1: 5:08pm On Feb 10, 2020
Dotez:
Boko Haram terrorists killed at least 30 people and abducted many women and children in a raid in Borno State, a regional government spokesman said on Monday.

The attack Sunday evening targeted the village of Auno on a key highway linking to regional capital Maiduguri.

The jihadists stormed in on trucks mounted with heavy weapons, killing, burning and looting before kidnapping women and children, state government spokesman Ahmad Abdurrahman Bundi said.

They aimed at travellers who had stopped for the night and torched vehicles.

The attackers “killed not less than 30 people who are mostly motorists and destroyed 18 vehicles,” Bundi said in a statement after visiting the scene.

The attack, some 25 kilometres (15 miles) west of Maiduguri, occurred in an area where fighters from the Islamic State West Africa Province have been active, mounting roadblocks to target security forces and civilians.

Witnesses said jihadists set alight 30 vehicles in the raid, including trucks that had stopped overnight on their way to Maiduguri.

“Many of the drivers and their assistants who were sleeping the vehicles were burnt alive,” civilian militia fighter, Babakura Kolo told AFP.

The jihadists combed through the village, looting and burning shops and property before withdrawing, he said.

Auno lies on the 120-kilometre highway linking Maiduguri to Damaturu, a major regional city in neighbouring Yobe state.

The highway has been increasingly targeted by ISWAP militants in recent months.

The surge has followed the creation of so-called “super camps” by the Nigerian military in the northeast – a strategy under which small army camps have withdrawn from several areas and combined into fewer, larger bases.

Last month four Nigerian soldiers were killed and seven injured when the jihadists attacked troops positioned in Auno.

The decade-long Islamist insurgency has killed 36,000 people and displaced around two million from their homes in northeast Nigeria.
The violence has spread to neighbouring Niger, Chad and Cameroon, prompting a regional military coalition to fight the insurgents.

https://punchng.com/boko-haram-kills-30-abducts-dozens-in-maiduguri/amp/

People are free to keep dying like flies. As long as there are still some numbers available to rule over and the sweet cake at the Center is available for continuous jollification, all is well in Nigeria! Welcome to next level - the voice from the heart of Femi Adesina.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 30 In Maiduguri, Kidnaps Dozens by ArmaniUhuru: 5:09pm On Feb 10, 2020
[s]
Officialgarri:
If there's actually a judgment day, Sambo Dasuki and all those who advised Goodluck on the issue of Boko Haram will never get close to the gate of heaven.

Goodluck himself will not make heaven.

The mercenaries —working for FG and those working for BH—will not make heaven

If Ayo Oritsejafor and his fellow CAN executives doesn't come to clear their name, they will rot in hell as well.

Finally, the oppositions who rejoices over the death of people for political and wailing points will not make heaven too

I almost forgot to add the NGOs who give negative and abstract reports to US, thereby preventing countries from selling weapons to us, just so they can be getting funds will be welcomed by Esu himself into a furnace burning with sulphur angry
[/s]

After the chibok girls were kidnaped in 2014, Jonathan stayed office for one more year. Your Olodo general came on board since 2015. He said he would end the activities of Boko haram in 6 months, and zombies like you were shining teeth and singing his praises. This is 2020, and Boko haram have waxed stronger than they were. Rather than calling Jonathan’s name, you should bury your head in shame.

Why can’t you zombis open your eyes and see that your general has failed more. If you admit that buhari has failed Nigeria, will you die? How do you people sleep at night?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Kills 30 In Maiduguri, Kidnaps Dozens by Coolcalmcollect(m): 5:12pm On Feb 10, 2020
I read bokoharam news with great joy.... north killing North's, Muslims killing Muslims..... lolzzzz ;DI read bokoharam news with great joy.... north killing North's, Muslims killing Muslims..... lolzzzz

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kills 30 In Maiduguri, Kidnaps Dozens by Sexycardib: 5:13pm On Feb 10, 2020
Re: Boko Haram Kills 30 In Maiduguri, Kidnaps Dozens by Dybala11(m): 5:14pm On Feb 10, 2020
rentAcock:

Jajajajajajaja I laugh in spanish grin grin cheesy
Kikikikikikikikikikikiki, I'm also laughing in Japanese right now. These people no go kill us with their absurdity.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 30 In Maiduguri, Kidnaps Dozens by DEROX: 5:15pm On Feb 10, 2020
Successlane:

Are you human?

So you believe all the inhabitants of those areas are 100% Northerners?

If you know the population of southerners - Igbos, Yorubas, among others living and pursuing their livelihood (workers, traders, students, …. etc ) in

those core North areas, you will discover you know NOTHING about the composition of this country called Nigeria.
ion care when the zoo breaks then you can talk sense
Re: Boko Haram Kills 30 In Maiduguri, Kidnaps Dozens by Nobody: 5:15pm On Feb 10, 2020
osuofia2:
FEMI ADESINA HOW FAR NA,
FROM ALL OF US AT , WE WISH TO STATE THAT THE PERPETRATORS OF THIS EVIL ACT ARE Igbos AND PDP MEMBERS BECAUSE OUR DADDY THE DARLING PRESIDENT HAS MADE THE COUNTRY THE BEST IN AFRICA. IT IS ONLY OUR DARLING PMB THAT CAN MAKE NIGERIA GREAT.

Have u taken over
Re: Boko Haram Kills 30 In Maiduguri, Kidnaps Dozens by egoldman(m): 5:18pm On Feb 10, 2020
Officialgarri:
If there's actually a judgment day, Sambo Dasuki and all those who advised Goodluck on the issue of Boko Haram will never get close to the gate of heaven.

If Ayo Oritsejafor and his fellow CAN executives doesn't come to clear their name, they will rot in hell as well.

Finally, the oppositions who rejoices over the death of people for political and wailing points will not make heaven too

I almost forgot to add the NGOs who give negative and abstract reports to US, thereby preventing countries from selling weapons to us, just so they can be getting funds will be welcomed by Esu himself into a furnace burning with sulphur angry

The previous administration left 5 years ago, what your BUBU done since then? Get real angry angry
Re: Boko Haram Kills 30 In Maiduguri, Kidnaps Dozens by osuofia2(m): 5:18pm On Feb 10, 2020
Xavfra:

Have u taken over
LOLS, THE DEAD MEAT GRILLER IS BETTER OFF IN ZOMBIE-ISM THAN ME
Re: Boko Haram Kills 30 In Maiduguri, Kidnaps Dozens by Officialgarri: 5:20pm On Feb 10, 2020
egoldman:

The previous administration left 5 years ago, what your BUBU done since then? Get real angry angry

I can sleep with both eyes closed now. I can go to parties, I can go to church, I can attend public functions , all without fear of bomb blast.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 30 In Maiduguri, Kidnaps Dozens by Nobody: 5:20pm On Feb 10, 2020
osuofia2:

LOLS, THE DEAD MEAT GRILLER IS BETTER OFF IN ZOMBIE-ISM THAN ME

He's naw hiding his face.....
Re: Boko Haram Kills 30 In Maiduguri, Kidnaps Dozens by gidgiddy: 5:20pm On Feb 10, 2020
Insurgents are slaughtering people up North. Meanwhile, this clueless Government is deploying Soldiers to Nnamdi Kanu's peaceful community to harass those who come for his parents burial

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills 30 In Maiduguri, Kidnaps Dozens by DexterousOne(m): 5:21pm On Feb 10, 2020
shogsman:
Our mediocre government will not do something about this,it is USA visa ban that they're worried about, stupid set of people.
I know if it was a news about trump or USA our half baked brain youths would have stormed here showing their unneeded irrelevant support for people who don't care if you exist or not,this is your countrymen they're killing like animals but you won't say nothing about this.

These deaths are getting out of hand
Re: Boko Haram Kills 30 In Maiduguri, Kidnaps Dozens by F117nighthawk: 5:23pm On Feb 10, 2020
The next thing they will say is that BOKO HARAM is not holding anything territory, yet these terrorists will come kill and kidnap nigerian citizens in borno state, abi borno is no more part of Nigeria?I tell u, this APC led BUHARI GOVERNMENT, is a disgrace and total failure,this country is doomed under this GOVERNMENT

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kills 30 In Maiduguri, Kidnaps Dozens by osuofia2(m): 5:25pm On Feb 10, 2020
Xavfra:

He's naw hiding his face.....
HE NEEDS TO BE SMOKED OUT
Re: Boko Haram Kills 30 In Maiduguri, Kidnaps Dozens by Paschy88(m): 5:27pm On Feb 10, 2020
Technically defeated...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Kills 30 In Maiduguri, Kidnaps Dozens by Nobody: 5:28pm On Feb 10, 2020
osuofia2:

HE NEEDS TO BE SMOKED OUT

Somehow he'll come out hiding

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kills 30 In Maiduguri, Kidnaps Dozens by mechanics(m): 5:29pm On Feb 10, 2020
From the news I heard, they said the military officers closed the entrance to the city and left the gate, they should have allowed the drivers to enter since that place is a dangerous route where BH could attack any time, don't know why the military authorities are doing this kind of thing, some of them don't want this issues to stop, was even told that soldiers are even doing business over there, the lives they are meant to protect they won't, it's what they will benefit from that they are after.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 30 In Maiduguri, Kidnaps Dozens by kiddkash(m): 5:31pm On Feb 10, 2020
rentAcock:
I thought one baba in Aso Rock said Boko Haram has been defeated, annihilated, asphyxiated, decimated and obliterated to smithereens.

Baba is a pathological liar.
1st of all, he said boko haram hab been depeated. not defeated

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kills 30 In Maiduguri, Kidnaps Dozens by egoldman(m): 5:38pm On Feb 10, 2020
Borno people make una kpele abeg, Buratai and his men are at NNAMDI KANU'S house for his parent's burial, that burial affects the national security, and as you may know the national security trumps every other thing grin grin
Re: Boko Haram Kills 30 In Maiduguri, Kidnaps Dozens by Enwhen(m): 5:39pm On Feb 10, 2020
Officialgarri:

Bro stop this nonsense o... Thesame reason GEJ gave when these idiots started ,mostly when they said Baba Buhari would stand for them in Saudi I. Their peace plan.....

There is no excuse for any life lost....we must all come together to fight those idoits
Re: Boko Haram Kills 30 In Maiduguri, Kidnaps Dozens by shineeye1: 5:39pm On Feb 10, 2020
Officialgarri:

I can sleep with both eyes closed now. I can go to parties, I can go to church, I can attend public functions , all without fear of bomb blast.

So bomb blast is your only fear, right? Bless you!
Anyway, don't forget that you and bubu are now your own predecessor in government..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Kills 30 In Maiduguri, Kidnaps Dozens by Dpharisee: 5:40pm On Feb 10, 2020
Even ISIS does not kill randomly like this to promote Islam. This is madness from ISWAP, they are just terrorists. I blame Buhari for being soft on them. Nigeria is the only country that rehabilitates terrorists and send them to the society
Re: Boko Haram Kills 30 In Maiduguri, Kidnaps Dozens by Nobody: 5:48pm On Feb 10, 2020
Seems most Nigerians don't understand that there are more than one terror group in Nigeria competing with one another for the title of "most deadly".

This wasn't Boko Haram. This was ISWAP.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 30 In Maiduguri, Kidnaps Dozens by Litmus: 5:49pm On Feb 10, 2020
Dotez:
Boko Haram terrorists killed at least 30 people and abducted many women and children in a raid in Borno State, a regional government spokesman said on Monday.

The attack Sunday evening targeted the village of Auno on a key highway linking to regional capital Maiduguri.

The jihadists stormed in on trucks mounted with heavy weapons, killing, burning and looting before kidnapping women and children, state government spokesman Ahmad Abdurrahman Bundi said.
/

The method described above is almost quintessential Bokoharam; now, setting aside the fact that after a decade of this barley altered method, Nigeria military and security services should have worked out how to prevent it, could someone better informed please tell us how is it that military and police aren’t able to at least track them down?

Given 21st century progress in surveillance capability, historic law enforcement lesson learnt, bank robbers have a neigh impossible task today escaping successfully in vehicles and yet such a convoy presumably has a smaller footprint than terrorist mounted on trucks, roaring into town, nosily machine gunning people, burning vehicles and kidnapping and setting off on the highway with kidnapped women and children. Why are they never tracked down? How difficult could it be to track them down, especially given that this is a regular occurrence?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kills 30 In Maiduguri, Kidnaps Dozens by SavonEric: 5:52pm On Feb 10, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:
Seems most Nigerians don't understand that there are more than one terror group in Nigeria competing with one another for the title of "most deadly".

This wasn't Boko Haram. This was ISWAP.
[/s]
Re: Boko Haram Kills 30 In Maiduguri, Kidnaps Dozens by SavonEric: 5:52pm On Feb 10, 2020
[s]
Officialgarri:

[/s]
Re: Boko Haram Kills 30 In Maiduguri, Kidnaps Dozens by Slimdada(m): 5:53pm On Feb 10, 2020
And baba dey Ethiopia
Re: Boko Haram Kills 30 In Maiduguri, Kidnaps Dozens by ahaz: 5:53pm On Feb 10, 2020
Dotez:

They aimed at travellers who had stopped for the night and torched vehicles.

The attackers “killed not less than 30 people who are mostly motorists and destroyed 18 vehicles,” Bundi said in a statement after visiting the scene.

The attack, some 25 kilometres (15 miles) west of Maiduguri, occurred in an area where fighters from the Islamic State West Africa Province have been active, mounting roadblocks to target security forces and civilians.

Witnesses said jihadists set alight 30 vehicles in the raid, including trucks that had stopped overnight on their way to Maiduguri.

“Many of the drivers and their assistants who were sleeping the vehicles were burnt alive,” civilian militia fighter, Babakura Kolo told AFP.

The jihadists combed through the village, looting and burning shops and property before withdrawing, he said.

Auno lies on the 120-kilometre highway linking Maiduguri to Damaturu, a major regional city in neighbouring Yobe state.

The highway has been increasingly targeted by ISWAP militants in recent months.

The surge has followed the creation of so-called “super camps” by the Nigerian military in the northeast – a strategy under which small army camps have withdrawn from several areas and combined into fewer, larger bases.

Last month four Nigerian soldiers were killed and seven injured when the jihadists attacked troops positioned in Auno.

The decade-long Islamist insurgency has killed 36,000 people and displaced around two million from their homes in northeast Nigeria.
The violence has spread to neighbouring Niger, Chad and Cameroon, prompting a regional military coalition to fight the insurgents.

https://punchng.com/boko-haram-kills-30-abducts-dozens-in-maiduguri/amp/
yet after all this heinous crimes the government will set them free when captured in the name of they have accepted Christ... yet some folks are too afraid to see and talk of this impunity but will find there cowardly voices when it involves nnamdi Lani.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kills 30 In Maiduguri, Kidnaps Dozens by sapientia(m): 5:55pm On Feb 10, 2020
Only a clown with a single digit IQ could have believed that the unapolegitc coupist retired general will do anything about Boko Haram.

Both have same idealogy of implementing sharia.

Conflict of interest.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kills 30 In Maiduguri, Kidnaps Dozens by rentAcock(m): 5:59pm On Feb 10, 2020
kiddkash:

1st of all, he said boko haram hab been depeated. not defeated

grin grin
Re: Boko Haram Kills 30 In Maiduguri, Kidnaps Dozens by israelmao(m): 6:13pm On Feb 10, 2020
Here is the Boko Haram that Ndume said they been chased to their enclaves,I even forgot that he is one of them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos Embarks On “Operation Show Your Planning Permit” (photos) / Could These Be Why Electricty Is Stable In Nigeria Now??? Photos / Caption!! Sanwo-olu's Face During Election Win Celebration (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.