Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Davido's Album Goes Platinum In The USA, Receives RIAA Plaque - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido's Album Goes Platinum In The USA, Receives RIAA Plaque (46098 Views)

Wizkid Hails Tems As 'Essence' Goes Platinum In USA / Wizkid Come Closer Goes Platinum In Canada / Dbanj Receives Silver Plaque From Youtube After Hitting 100,000 Subscribers [pho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Davido's Album Goes Platinum In The USA, Receives RIAA Plaque by CanadaOrBust: 4:16pm On Feb 11, 2020
Aidejay:
stop talking like someone who doesn't understand facts from fiction. Anything can be twisted or even faked to fit a specific narrative I'm not Saying davido isn't a platnum worthy artist I'm saying his album "A GOOD TIME" didn't achieve platnum status (i.e An equivalent of 1 million copies sold or shipped) in the USA as the OP said there and it can't even if davido puts all his entire discography on it. Abeg don't misquote me I don't appreciate it.

The news is all over the internet including US news outlets. You know better than all of them. Davido faked all of them. They can’t check the facts for themselves

Re: Davido's Album Goes Platinum In The USA, Receives RIAA Plaque by alfredilly: 4:18pm On Feb 11, 2020
Welcome to the era of bad music in USA
Re: Davido's Album Goes Platinum In The USA, Receives RIAA Plaque by Aidejay(m): 4:22pm On Feb 11, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

The news is all over the internet including US news outlets. You know better than all of them. Davido faked all of them. They can’t check the facts for themselves
go and read those articles and confirm with your eyes did any of them say platnum in the USA?

NOW READ THIS
davido's second studio album "A good time" recently got certified by the RISA. Not the RIAA that's in charge of cerification in the United States.

The Recording Industry of South Africa (RISA) represents the interests of major and independent record labels in South Africa. There are approximately 1,000 members, including the big four record labels, Sony Music Africa, Universal Music, EMI and Warner (part of Gallo Warner in South Africa).

According to the RISA website, a platinum cerification represents a sale of 30,000 units, while a gold certification represents a sale of 15,000 units.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recording_Industry_of_South_Africa
Re: Davido's Album Goes Platinum In The USA, Receives RIAA Plaque by Skodiswayze(m): 4:25pm On Feb 11, 2020
https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/hip-hop/8540155/davido-popcaan-risky-video-watch

opebiboy:
no be bad belle. He is stating the fact. Davido's album sales in the US is less than 15,000 copies. Platinum is one million copies. Even Kanye west, Rick Ross can't even sell one million copies these days
Re: Davido's Album Goes Platinum In The USA, Receives RIAA Plaque by Dollabiz: 4:37pm On Feb 11, 2020
hmmm
Re: Davido's Album Goes Platinum In The USA, Receives RIAA Plaque by sucess001(m): 4:37pm On Feb 11, 2020
This is extremely fake news. He attained the platinum in south Africa...not USA...

1 Like

Re: Davido's Album Goes Platinum In The USA, Receives RIAA Plaque by bbstarr(f): 4:46pm On Feb 11, 2020
Devgod:
your whatsapp number bruh?.. can I pm you?

I pity you. That site na scam
Re: Davido's Album Goes Platinum In The USA, Receives RIAA Plaque by KendrickAyomide: 4:48pm On Feb 11, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

See jealousy! U think it is everything u can fake.
Why don’t others fake it??
R u in USA?? People who are THERE say Davido’s songs are everywhere and very popular.
Stop saying what u don’t know.
KendrickAyomide
Greatfullheart
paultogo
Aidejay
you no well. Do you know what it means to sell 1 million copies in the US? Abi your head they pain u? You think they are talking about Radio Play there? Some well known American artiste never sell 1 Million talkmore Davido. RIAA no even recognize any Nigerian Musician what the Bleep are u talking

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Davido's Album Goes Platinum In The USA, Receives RIAA Plaque by BrutalJab: 5:12pm On Feb 11, 2020
shogsman:

You just made a fools out of yourself, unintelligent people like you like to argue blindly even though the tide is against you,the artiste in question did not claim he received a platinum plaque.
Stars like Chris brown ,Eminem that are 10 times bigger than him are still chasing platinum, anybody with half a brain would know the news is crap,but y'all are easy targets that's why bloggers keep churning out garbage for you.
Wtf knows davido in the US,son gets your facts right before running your mouth.

So your brainless skull didn't know that Davido never mentioned anything like Platinum before you started calling him a liar.?

Is it Davido fault that the bloggers decided to spin the story?

How many Americans do you even know?
Re: Davido's Album Goes Platinum In The USA, Receives RIAA Plaque by BrutalJab: 5:14pm On Feb 11, 2020
Churchill6767:

@bolded, Can u just read this nonsense you wrote, u mean each genre has a it's own "platinum" standard?

Your mumu dey on steroids I swear.
Your own stupidity don burst scales self.

Fools like you should use Google before talking trash.

Different genre of music have different benchmark of declaring it Platinum, Gold or whatever. Senseless fool
Re: Davido's Album Goes Platinum In The USA, Receives RIAA Plaque by CanadaOrBust: 5:14pm On Feb 11, 2020
Aidejay:
go and read those articles and confirm with your eyes did any of them say platnum in the USA?

NOW READ THIS
davido's second studio album "A good time" recently got certified by the RISA. Not the RIAA that's in charge of cerification in the United States.

The Recording Industry of South Africa (RISA) represents the interests of major and independent record labels in South Africa. There are approximately 1,000 members, including the big four record labels, Sony Music Africa, Universal Music, EMI and Warner (part of Gallo Warner in South Africa).

According to the RISA website, a platinum cerification represents a sale of 30,000 units, while a gold certification represents a sale of 15,000 units.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recording_Industry_of_South_Africa

Forget all the long grammar. Simple question: Did Davido go platinum with that album ? Answer with one word: Yes or No.
If u answer “Yes”, case closed.
KendrickAyomide
Re: Davido's Album Goes Platinum In The USA, Receives RIAA Plaque by realoscar84(m): 5:17pm On Feb 11, 2020
I just read on Wikipedia that since 2013, owing to digitalization, track downloads and streaming are now part of the method being used to measure the number of records sold, it's no longer actual disc sold again. So, it's possible davido songs and album has actually achieved the platinum certification.

opebiboy:
no be bad belle. He is stating the fact. Davido's album sales in the US is less than 15,000 copies. Platinum is one million copies. Even Kanye west, Rick Ross can't even sell one million copies these days
Re: Davido's Album Goes Platinum In The USA, Receives RIAA Plaque by Auxigen(m): 6:04pm On Feb 11, 2020
opebiboy:
Chaiii! grin grin
Re: Davido's Album Goes Platinum In The USA, Receives RIAA Plaque by shogsman(m): 6:20pm On Feb 11, 2020
BrutalJab:

So your brainless skull didn't know that Davido never mentioned anything like Platinum before you started calling him a liar.?

Is it Davido fault that the bloggers decided to spin the story?

How many Americans do you even know?
You're a nonentity with a brain of a koala,stay in school and learn to comprehend.don't meddle into things you do not understand.
Re: Davido's Album Goes Platinum In The USA, Receives RIAA Plaque by shogsman(m): 6:27pm On Feb 11, 2020
Adaowerri111:

Sony posted and said more about it on Twitter, instead of arguing what you don't know isn't it better you go there and educate yourself, too many "know it all" on nairaland.
You just shot yourself in the face in a bid to sound out of the norm, if you were educated you'd know the difference between a correction and a rant.
Even a teenager with half a brain that knows one or two things about music will know he didn't get no platinum plaque.
FYI I'm on tweeter now and I've not seen the nonsense you said Sony posted.
If you can't get your facts rights do not try to banter words with people who reason better than you do.
Re: Davido's Album Goes Platinum In The USA, Receives RIAA Plaque by shogsman(m): 6:31pm On Feb 11, 2020
uvie66:
Why don't they hold the Oscars in Lekki or the Golden globe at magodo ?
The same reason they don't hold Africa magic awards or headies in Los Angeles.
Re: Davido's Album Goes Platinum In The USA, Receives RIAA Plaque by shogsman(m): 6:33pm On Feb 11, 2020
Aidejay:
stop talking like someone who doesn't understand facts from fiction. Anything can be twisted or even faked to fit a specific narrative I'm not Saying davido isn't a platnum worthy artist I'm saying his album "A GOOD TIME" didn't achieve platnum status (i.e An equivalent of 1 million copies sold or shipped) in the USA as the OP said there and it can't even if davido puts all his entire discography on it. Abeg don't misquote me I don't appreciate it.
Anybody with a working brain should know he didn't get a platinum plaque for his album, even big names like Chris brown which made album significant don't have platinum plaques.

1 Like

Re: Davido's Album Goes Platinum In The USA, Receives RIAA Plaque by BrutalJab: 6:56pm On Feb 11, 2020
shogsman:

You're a nonentity with a brain of a koala,stay in school and learn to comprehend.don't meddle into things you do not understand.

Your brain is as useless as the size of a rice.

Reason before you hate on Davido. Foo.l
Re: Davido's Album Goes Platinum In The USA, Receives RIAA Plaque by Aidejay(m): 7:00pm On Feb 11, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Forget all the long grammar. Simple question: Did Davido go platinum with that album ? Answer with one word: Yes or No.
If u answer “Yes”, case closed.
KendrickAyomide

don't be a fool
Davido's Album Goes Platinum In The USA, Receives RIAA Plaque
Is the name of the thread
Simple question is this fake news answer with one word Yes or No
If u answer "Yes" case closed
Re: Davido's Album Goes Platinum In The USA, Receives RIAA Plaque by ckzo(f): 7:02pm On Feb 11, 2020
GamalNasser:

Why are you advertising bitmistress

Lol

I been think say na only me see am
No mind the alaye wey wan scam gullible people.

If you go d site na bitcoin dem take pay and I sure say na dis guy get the site forget all those stories way he dey yarn because all na format
Re: Davido's Album Goes Platinum In The USA, Receives RIAA Plaque by ckzo(f): 7:08pm On Feb 11, 2020
Slimdope:

Liar! You're a bastard...
That's your way of scamming.... and you'd need more people to subscribe to the website you created last year. After u milk people of $60 atleast, and you'd need them to pay with BTC..... PLEASE GUYS STAY WOKE!. Imagine if 100 peeps subscribe to the website, na $6,000 be that....

finally someone else can see through his deceit

1 Like

Re: Davido's Album Goes Platinum In The USA, Receives RIAA Plaque by GamalNasser: 7:16pm On Feb 11, 2020
ckzo:

Lol

I been think say na only me see am
No mind the alaye wey wan scam gullible people.

If you go d site na bitcoin dem take pay and I sure say na dis guy get the site forget all those stories way he dey yarn because all na format

Ofcourse na format na
Re: Davido's Album Goes Platinum In The USA, Receives RIAA Plaque by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 11, 2020
bbstarr:

I pity you. That site na scam
lol.. I know. it was registered last year.
Re: Davido's Album Goes Platinum In The USA, Receives RIAA Plaque by CanadaOrBust: 8:02pm On Feb 11, 2020
pmoye:
For your mind now you have shared a testimony? You have simply chronicled the gist of an unfortunate life you are living. You have planted wind and you will definitely reap thunderstorm.
You called it G, that you did G in December. Stop using euphemism and call it what it is.
You made someone cry in December.
Or better still,
You stole from someone in December.
Or,
You used deceit to steal from someone in December.

So no matter what you call it, and no matter how far you go in life, you will always be a thief. The tree you planted from the seed of stealing will not produce for you any acceptable fruit. You will reap the fruits of bitterness from it.

All of you Nigerians that keep walking the path of stealing which you call G, you shall reap violence and destruction. So shall it be. Ase gun!

How come it didn’t work like that for Buhari, or OBJ, or IBB, or Danjuma, or Rawlings? They killed people!! And how come innocent good people wallow in poverty?
Just asking
Re: Davido's Album Goes Platinum In The USA, Receives RIAA Plaque by themes009(m): 8:08pm On Feb 11, 2020
One thing Is certain! All the albums that Goes Platinum in the state are always in wikipe.. Make I go check it out first grin
Re: Davido's Album Goes Platinum In The USA, Receives RIAA Plaque by adigun98(m): 9:01pm On Feb 11, 2020
DonMustafa:

See, my room mates hides everything including the dating site he uses. Once he finds a good site, he would hide it from everyone. My aim is to make everybody know the site. I wan cast am. By the time enough G guys enter that site, he would go somewhere else. I will still spy his new site and update here.
Afa Bros abeg I need update o
Re: Davido's Album Goes Platinum In The USA, Receives RIAA Plaque by Adaowerri111: 9:03pm On Feb 11, 2020
shogsman:

You just shot yourself in the face in a bid to sound out of the norm, if you were educated you'd know the difference between a correction and a rant.
Even a teenager with half a brain that knows one or two things about music will know he didn't get no platinum plaque.
FYI I'm on tweeter now and I've not seen the nonsense you said Sony posted.
If you can't get your facts rights do not try to banter words with people who reason better than you do.

Okay Sir, so tell me ...what was presented to him? Is the plaque made for only American musicians or America? Stop being foolish and quit ranting like a mad dog, you're just insulting everyone on this thread and you know nothing, put that energy to work and make yourself a better human, this is my last reply to you, I've got better things to do with my life, wether plaque or not It adds nothing to my life, I have better things to think of, get busy boy and stop letting little things bother you, I won't be surprise if you're still living with your parents, good night
Re: Davido's Album Goes Platinum In The USA, Receives RIAA Plaque by Chatbot1234: 10:20pm On Feb 11, 2020
yes he had a platinum certification in UNITED SOUTH AFRICA

davido, lie and payola goes together grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Blackface's Father, Ahmedu Ocholi Is Dead / Mr Ibu To Daughter: You Are Lucky You Don’t Look Like Me (Video) / Davido Shows Off Some Of His Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.