Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,543 members, 7,827,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) (78872 Views)

Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja / Dolphins Migrating Through Dolphin Estate, Lagos Caught On Camera By Fishermen / A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by BRATISLAVA: 11:04am On Feb 11, 2020
ZombieHUNT:

This is sad
Illiteracy prevented them from knowing they could make a lot of money through tourism once they preserve Nature....

What prevents them from eating each other when there's no more widelife to devour

Everyday this useless line. Show us the money generated from keeping animals they cannot feed anywhere in Nigeria, and show us the people who are ready to look at a hippo. Did you consider they will need to build where it will live? Pay staff? Get medication for it in case it gets sick? Transport it? Or has watching TV in a 3rd world nation made you fantasize when the citizens are hungry and have different tastes?

They watch national geographic channel and froth at the sight of animals. Who said that literacy must mean the animal is used to make money? Illiterate literates.

1 Like

Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by ZombieHUNT: 11:10am On Feb 11, 2020
BRATISLAVA:

Everyday this useless line. Show us the money generated from keeping animals they cannot feed anywhere in Nigeria, and show us the people who are ready to look at a hippo. Did you consider they will need to build where it will live? Pay staff? Get medication for it in case it gets sick? Transport it? Or has watching TV in a 3rd world nation made you fantasize when the citizens are hungry and have different tastes? They watch national geographic channel and froth at the sight of animals. Who said that literacy must mean the animal is used to make money? Illiterate literates.

Something that Congo.. Uganda is currently doing... The only thing you lots think about is Niger delta oil...
One day it will surely be worthless..

Till then...
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by BRATISLAVA: 11:12am On Feb 11, 2020
ZombieHUNT:

Something that Congo.. Uganda is currently doing... The only thing you lots think about is Niger delta oil...

Till then...

Go and think it through before spouting that illiteracy balderdash.
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by ZombieHUNT: 11:18am On Feb 11, 2020
BRATISLAVA:

Go and think it through before spouting that illiteracy balderdash.

You are certainly ill informed and not in touch with happenings around Africa...
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by shogsman(m): 11:26am On Feb 11, 2020
angelicwing:
You people are too hypocritical. Can you swear if you see a snake in your compound you will let it live?
The farmers did the right thing to have killed the hippopotamus.
Ogbeni have captured a snake twice now,throw a bowl over it and wait for professionals, moreover we don't kill snakes where I'm from.
FYI a snake onl y attacks if it senses hostility,a snake once lived in my 2 bedroom flat for more than 5 months without attacking me,it was when I fumigated the house that the poor soul lost her life.
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by shogsman(m): 11:28am On Feb 11, 2020
oldtruth:

So, Canada, Australia and the rest watch their citizens wallow in poverty? Are you children sane at all?
I don't think you're educated at all, arguing with someone that ooze of ignorance like you do is a fool's errands one I don't plan on running.
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by berbs: 11:32am On Feb 11, 2020
Wait ooo, dem dey chop hippopotamus Nawa oooo.
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by igwegeorgiano(m): 11:39am On Feb 11, 2020
This is shameful and inhuman . In our various zoos in nigeria, do we still hippo in our zoos? This animal should have been captured alive and taken to the zoo where it will be taken care of but they choose to kill it. After eating it, toilet will be the next room to visit. Ndiara Dem.

1 Like

Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by blank(f): 11:47am On Feb 11, 2020
endy69:
Hunger go make us eat anything. We no wan know, we just wan eat. We need reorientation

This wasn't about hunger. The hippo was destroying their farmland which is their livelihood. And hippo bites are very deadly, can kill.
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by explosiveskull(m): 11:56am On Feb 11, 2020
luminouz:
White Hippo

Very rare.
Not white, albino
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by qtx(m): 11:59am On Feb 11, 2020
World Wild Life Fund must hear this. Black people, why are you killing the hipo? All because you want to eat meat , hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by explosiveskull(m): 11:59am On Feb 11, 2020
ZombieHUNT:

Till then...
Don't be replying or quoting these guys, the hunger in their subconscious mind already made them rabid and aggressive, they can never reason with you except they've gulped in all the wild bush meat their eyes see. Just ignore them and stop wasting your time cos they are irredeemable and irresponsible.
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by luminouz(m): 12:03pm On Feb 11, 2020
explosiveskull:

Not white, albino

Thanks, prolly what I meant.
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by Originalsly: 12:04pm On Feb 11, 2020
Hmmm.... one hippo destroying local farms. There is no other option but to kill it. That's how narrow minded soooo many of us are.... and determined to remain so.... then we wonder why we are not progressing.
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by explosiveskull(m): 12:08pm On Feb 11, 2020
Eteka1:
you are a typical idiot. I guess I am old enough to be your father. You may also have been a toddler when I was doing my Youth Service after graduation.

See below; they partner/collaborate WWF and many others. Therefore they know exactly how to handle this kind of case (by collaboration).

They don't do only birds you idiot.
I don't know how you didn't recognize that guy is a tout and stopped talking to him, they are all shades of saucy and very foolish with useless manners.

1 Like

Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by ZombieHUNT: 12:13pm On Feb 11, 2020
explosiveskull:

Don't be replying or quoting these guys, the hunger in their subconscious mind already made them rabid and aggressive, they can never reason with you except they've gulped in all the wild bush meat their eyes see. Just ignore them and stop wasting your time cos they are irredeemable and irresponsible.

Thanks boss
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by okeynelson: 12:24pm On Feb 11, 2020
this guys should be careful ooo... mk DM no go carry disease enter our country oo
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by Nobody: 12:33pm On Feb 11, 2020
pepper soup

1 Like

Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by Horus(m): 12:40pm On Feb 11, 2020
Every creature on this planet play an important role in maintaining the balance on the planet. That is what scientists say today.
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by orbgoblin: 1:09pm On Feb 11, 2020
RiyadhGoddess:
Was the skin peeled?
Hippos are very vulnerable under the sun. It's why they spend most of their time in water and mainly graze at night. The reason for this color of the skin is an oily secretion that acts as a natural sunscreen to protect from drying and sun burns.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by Nobody: 1:25pm On Feb 11, 2020
God this hippo big oo
only God knows how many hours they gonna spend while cutting it
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by GogetterMD(m): 1:39pm On Feb 11, 2020
RiyadhGoddess:
Was the skin peeled?
Read my signature

God is too faithful to us, He's too faithful to disappoint us, He's proven himself in our life. He's too loving to leave us half way, what He starts He will always finish...

The "skin" wasn't peeled. It is a white hippo, an endangered specie
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by Fixedmatch9076: 1:40pm On Feb 11, 2020
SEE BLEW
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by Nobody: 1:46pm On Feb 11, 2020
shogsman:

I don't think you're educated at all, arguing with someone that ooze of ignorance like you do is a fool's errands one I don't plan on running.

Would have kept mute but you deserve a response. I know foolishness runs in your gene but will just pretend not to see it. The question here is, when people are hungry and felt it was their sole right to defend their teritory, they can do and undo. Most South American and Asian countries are a bit developed than most African countries but you still see them hunting this animals down. It takes years of sentization which actively involves developing your citizens by providing ameneties and close to zero hunger. Then they will apppreciate nature and help preserve but when there is hunger in the land, your citizens will still see them as prey..

Also for your information, I will gladly tell you that your parent failed.

Thank you
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by Nobody: 1:49pm On Feb 11, 2020
Eteka1:
you are a typical idiot. I guess I am old enough to be your father. You may also have been a toddler when I was doing my Youth Service after graduation.

See below; they partner/collaborate WWF and many others. Therefore they know exactly how to handle this kind of case (by collaboration).

They don't do only birds you idiot.

I believed you know it is your father that you are calling idiot. That aside.

NCF should have been into forest and nature conservation but I am telling you authoritatively that NCF lacks funding and presently their focus is on bird. Which year did you served at NCF? Thanks and greetings to your idiotic dad
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by ibietela2(m): 1:49pm On Feb 11, 2020
oldtruth:

So, hippo only lives in water? Lost souls everywhere grin

Your lost too
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by ibietela2(m): 1:49pm On Feb 11, 2020
anonimi:

Hippopotamus live on water and land.

I know, which means their farm is near the river
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by shogsman(m): 1:52pm On Feb 11, 2020
undecided
oldtruth:

Would have kept mute but you deserve a response. I know foolishness runs in your gene but will just pretend not to see it. The question here is, when people are hungry and felt it was their sole right to defend their teritory, they can do and undo. Most South American and Asian countries are a bit developed than most African countries but you still see them hunting this animals down. It takes years of sentization which actively involves developing your citizens by providing ameneties and close to zero hunger. Then they will apppreciate nature and help preserve but when there is hunger in the land, your citizens will still see them as prey..

Also for your information, I will gladly tell you that your parent failed.

Thank you
Like I said you don't deserve a response, there are levels to this discussions, seek some response from people that are your mate.your comments shows how myopic your inclination is.so respect yourself and do not address me again.
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by Nobody: 2:14pm On Feb 11, 2020
shogsman:
undecided
Like I said you don't deserve a response, there are levels to this discussions, seek some response from people that are your mate.your comments shows how myopic your inclination is.so respect yourself and do not address me again.

shut up! where are you? we can meet up for a chat. The problem with you kids is lack of reasoning. Comparing citizens of developed countries to undeveloped (not even developing) country. Let's meet one on one and let me tell it to your face
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by Eteka1(m): 2:18pm On Feb 11, 2020
oldtruth:

I believed you know it is your father that you are calling idiot. That aside.

NCF should have been into forest and nature conservation but I am telling you authoritatively that NCF lacks funding and presently their focus is on bird. Which year did you served at NCF? Thanks and greetings to your idiotic dad
Did I tell you I did serve at NCF? You are just irredeemably stupid.
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by Nobody: 2:41pm On Feb 11, 2020
Eteka1:
Did I tell you I did serve at NCF? You are just irredeemably stupid.

Keep describing your dad. Keep it up. Your child will see nothing in addressing you as such.
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by nams77: 3:43pm On Feb 11, 2020
endy69:
Hunger go make us eat anything. We no wan know, we just wan eat. We need reorientation

Those quoting me should know that farmlands don't exist inside water. I still maintain my stance that the Hipo was killed for food. They just gave it a bad name to kill it
Hippos eat grass. It will surprise you to know, and they do come to land. So the farmers may be right. But killing it is not the solution

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ray Fish Caught Near The God's Island, Ibeno In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / What My Friend found In a 40gig HDD / This TV Will Cost #174M To Buy And #12M To Install In Your Living Room(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.