Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,645 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) (78851 Views)

Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja / Dolphins Migrating Through Dolphin Estate, Lagos Caught On Camera By Fishermen / A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by BRATISLAVA: 3:45pm On Feb 11, 2020
ZombieHUNT:

You are certainly ill informed and not in touch with happenings around Africa...

You are the ill-informed fantasist in here. With your illiterate literate lies about local people deep in the villages making money from caught animals that they cannot maintain

Go and do some deep thinking.
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by otokx(m): 3:47pm On Feb 11, 2020
emperorblog21:
pepper soup

last last
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by biomedics(m): 3:52pm On Feb 11, 2020
Our own na kill and eat.
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by Kokoebapluse(m): 4:09pm On Feb 11, 2020
Anything that can enter pot can enter stomach
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by double0seven(m): 4:28pm On Feb 11, 2020
igwegeorgiano:
This is shameful and inhuman . In our various zoos in nigeria, do we still hippo in our zoos? This animal should have been captured alive and taken to the zoo where it will be taken care of but they choose to kill it. After eating it, toilet will be the next room to visit. Ndiara Dem.

Animal should have been captured you say. Captured by who exactly? Wound u have helped them capture it if they call you?

I think many guys here dont know what a hippo is. Would you advise any group of people to attempt to capture a lion or tiger? Yes, hippo so as dangerous as those two, and hippos are more more know for attacking humans than any of those two.

In short, hippos are fond of killing humans
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by double0seven(m): 4:29pm On Feb 11, 2020
Horus:

Hippopotamuses are not predators, they are Herbivore. The main source of food for the Hippo is the short grass
and they consume any type of plants that are found in the water

Hippos eat grass, but they love killings humans all the same. Hippos kill more humans than lions. Hippo is a very dangerous predatory animal.
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by double0seven(m): 4:33pm On Feb 11, 2020
Some guys should get knowledge before talking

Hippos are very damgoeous animals fond of killing humans. They don't eat flesh, but they love killings humans all the same. That hippo is a clear and present danger to the people of the village of left alive.

It will definitely kill somebody at the river sooner than later. And once it kills one person, it will keep coming back to the river to for more killings

So who cares about wild life conservation when human lives are involved
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by GreatSage: 4:38pm On Feb 11, 2020
oldtruth:

Is it the farmers that will protect the wildlife? Didn't you read where it was stated that the said animal has caused havoc to farmlands?
What of the "higher" and "lower" animals that have been destroying farmers and farmlands? My guy preserve our wildlife..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by double0seven(m): 4:53pm On Feb 11, 2020
GreatSage:

What of the "higher" and "lower" animals that have been destroying farmers and farmlands? My guy preserve our wildlife..

Human lives comes first

So you wnat poor simple villagers to sacrifice their lives for one stupid hippo
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by foshe36: 5:06pm On Feb 11, 2020
I read many comments on NL and many times I shake my head
People who doesn't see meat in killing animal such as that hippo others see money in its captivity....
But we always forget every living things and every single organism has a role to play in balance of nature.. When a specie extinct it causes a big impact on the planet that's irreversible... Even your doctors warn you of antibiotics usage because if you annihilate some bacterial in your body YOU GO DIE.
Let humans stop invading animal territory and let wild animals be wild as they should.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by ZombieHUNT: 5:52pm On Feb 11, 2020
BRATISLAVA:

You are the ill-informed fantasist in here. With your illiterate literate lies about local people deep in the villages making money from caught animals that they cannot maintain
Go and do some deep thinking.

Pity
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by govomotors: 6:36pm On Feb 11, 2020
Animal taken to Nigeria zoo wished they were killed earlier.
I enjoy visiting zoo to watch animal behavior but my brother Nigeria zoo are like our prison. All the animal in Nigeria Zoo as starving and just waiting to die.

1 Like

Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by stanliwise(m): 7:09pm On Feb 11, 2020
stevmatt15:

Blame the government
How do you think those farmers can feed them if been preserved?

And how will they feel if the preserved finally dies?
From the look of things, the trap drowned the hippopotamus, since it is dead, it is only good for nothing but to be eaten.

But if caught alive, sending it back deep into the forest where it wouldn't reach man easily is the best option, Mother Nature knows how to feed it.

Man is the biggest threat to this wildlife.

1 Like

Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by double0seven(m): 7:18pm On Feb 11, 2020
stanliwise:
From the look of things, the trap drowned the hippopotamus, since it is dead, it is only good for nothing but to be eaten.

But if caught alive, sending it back deep into the forest where it wouldn't reach man easily is the best option, Mother Nature knows how to feed it.

First, how do you suggest the villagers catch the Hippo alive. Its just like trying to catch a lion alive.

Then two, how do u suggest they transport the Hippo deep deep into his habitat?

I don't think u know what u talking about
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by Nobody: 7:20pm On Feb 11, 2020
stanliwise:

Exactly! Even the skeleton of such wild animals are needed.
We are not helping ourselves in this country.
Because am sure, there are educated and rich society people in the area that such hippopotamus was killed.
They should have directed the killers to peel off the skin, flesh and meat, and leave the bones and skeleton for research or for educational purposes,
But they will keep quiet, only to end of thinking of sending their children to UK, USA, China and even Togo to school. Even the traditional rulers won't say anything.
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by stanliwise(m): 8:11pm On Feb 11, 2020
double0seven:

First, how do you suggest the villagers catch the Hippo alive. Its just like trying to catch a lion alive.

Then two, how do u suggest they transport the Hippo deep deep into his habitat?

I don't think u know what u talking about
Rangers can send the hippo back to the forest without breaking a sweat. It is their jobs, they know how to tranquilize it and transport it. But getting in touch with them is a big problem in the country, because we have simply never invested in them.

The hippo could be alive while caught but could be weak too, sending it into the ultimate death is nothing but leaving it to stay longer to die.
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by koolaid87: 9:58pm On Feb 11, 2020
Perhaps we'll get there someday but as of now, our ppl need to eat

ZombieHUNT:

Dont you think it's time... Things changed around here... It's 2020.. We can't continue living like its the stone age...
There are countries that depends solely on tourism industry for IGR
I have a tourist site in my village... Though it has nothing to do with wildlife..

Though this is Buhari time.. Hunger in the land
It's eat or be eaten... Rule of the jungle
But common sense must persist

Let me tell you a story about a rat that got stuck in a sewer lid somewhere in Europe ..
It took the Service of the City Fire department to free it and release it back where it belongs.

I mean a rat... Think about this
And put a value on life

1 Like

Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by Antichristus: 10:03pm On Feb 11, 2020
#Coronavirus strain B
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by Brainbox2020(m): 10:46pm On Feb 11, 2020
All these people go kill nature still get mind dey snap with am like they receiving trophy for the killls, people wey dem suppose track down and jail.... Mental poverty, ignorance...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ray Fish Caught Near The God's Island, Ibeno In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / What My Friend found In a 40gig HDD / This TV Will Cost #174M To Buy And #12M To Install In Your Living Room(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.