Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,672 members, 7,955,461 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:34 AM

Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors (41437 Views)

Atiku: Bandits May Soon Register With Corporate Affairs Commission, NSE / Nigerian Army Gets New Dress Code / Fire Guts Corporate Affairs Commission, CAC Headquarters In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by chinchonglee(m): 4:19pm On Feb 11, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:

Thanks for calling me a useless i"""t.

God bless, wise boy.

I called all Nigerians useless idiots so its nt directed to you.

Except u read it literally
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 11, 2020
chinchonglee:

I called all Nigerians useless idiots so its nt directed to you.

Except u read it literally

But I am a Nigerian....so by extension, I am a uselss i'''t.

God bless. At least I am , despite my country's many warts, and despite the fact that I don't like what PDP and APC have done to my country, and the mess....still proud and happy to be a Nigerian
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by Legendguru: 4:29pm On Feb 11, 2020
hmmm
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by Chuksgeo: 4:34pm On Feb 11, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:

So, do you dress casually on official visits to civil service offices?

Mark Zuckerberg dressing down does not mean everyone else should dress.down.

Or you would like it if your banker or doctor or lawyer dressed anyhow when transacting business with you?

Zuckerberg or no Zuckerberg, dressing well still carries better influence

Shut your useless mouth,
Can you sit down and think through what you just wrote, Idiot!
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by Nobody: 4:36pm On Feb 11, 2020
Chuksgeo:

Shut your useless mouth,
Can you sit down and think through what you just wrote, Idiot!

Hmm...

Do have a good and pleasant day, good sir.
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by debetmx(m): 4:37pm On Feb 11, 2020
I swear the problem of Nigeria is way beyond Buhari.
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by chinchonglee(m): 4:40pm On Feb 11, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:

But I am a Nigerian....so by extension, I am a uselss i'''t.

God bless. At least I am , despite my country's many warts, and despite the fact that I don't like what PDP and APC have done to my country, and the mess....still proud and happy to be a Nigerian

Am not a nigerian.
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by nicoleabiodun(f): 4:41pm On Feb 11, 2020
Are you looking for a driving Job? Are you between the age 25-40? Do you have a passion for driving and you can drive? Do you have a valid driver's license and you know your way around Lagos? Send your Cv to chauffeurcustodian@gmail.com or call 08073179459.
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by Nobody: 4:42pm On Feb 11, 2020
chinchonglee:

Am not a nigerian.

Goood

So, once again, dear foriegner, thanks for calling me and my countrymen useless i''dts.

Your comment on our intelect is well appreciated.
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by chinchonglee(m): 4:48pm On Feb 11, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:

Goood

So, once again, dear foriegner, thanks for calling me and my countrymen useless i''dts.

Your comment on our intelect is well appreciated.
U re a renowned clown.

Bros even a past south african leader once said black pple dnt have the mental capacity to to rule themselves.

We can't handle leadership positions. We must surely misuse it.
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by Abubauchi: 4:55pm On Feb 11, 2020
Citytrend:
Confuse people. How is dress code the Nigerian Problem. Is it the basic amenities the government should provide the people who voted them in?

Abeg joo, I will Design a Professional Logo for your Company or Product For 2k Only. Offer valid Today Only. See my info below to Chat me.
so if we understand u u are encouraging sexy dress right? U are encouraging ur ppl to violet the teaching of ur religion
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by freeman67: 5:04pm On Feb 11, 2020
CarlosTheJackal:
Is this the problem of Corporate Affairs Commission?

I'm not their staff so my dressing shouldn't be their concern.

Imagine if Zuckerberg came to register Facebook wearing a Polo shirt and a Jean he will be turned back.

Idiots are now growing geometrically in Nigeria

I do not know what many Nigerians youths have against rules, regulations and etiquette. Majority are so quick at copying and quoting the whites yet the white have etiquettes they follow for almost everything. You would not see Zuckerberg in club wearing suit. He wore jeans and t-shirt throughout mostly when visited but when it was time for corporate visits he was corporately dressed.

Why will you dress to people's office wearing bumshorts, tattered jeans, lowwaste and what have you all because you want to express yourself or because you feel you do not work there. Why don't they dress that way to their court rooms. Does it mean the court is restricting them from expressing themselves too.

Let's not be quick at supporting inappropriate behaviours please. As indiscipline as footballers can be that they dress anyhow. Sir Alex then still made all his players wore suit when going for their official business of playing football whether home and away.
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by Truthbites: 5:48pm On Feb 11, 2020
They have heareth
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by Neoteny(m): 6:06pm On Feb 11, 2020
Kai

We're cursed with brainless idiots at the helm of affairs.

From Pantami restricting each Nigerian to a maximum of 3 phones, to this oppression of civic rights, to Lai claiming $500m will turn NTA to CNN.
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by Comedian2019: 6:08pm On Feb 11, 2020
And they will allow a woman whose face and legs are covered beyond recognition. You can't even know what she is carrying.
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by ebby9z(m): 7:05pm On Feb 11, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:

So, are we saying that only Muslims dress decently?

Okay

MODIFIED

Looking through the comments, one sees that most commenters are opposed to the concept of dressing well.

To be honest, I used to think like that...until I graduated and entered the real world.

And in the real world, people do business better with well dressed people, not with casually dressed people.

The funny thing is that most of the 'I dress how I want' edgelords and egdeladies here...as well as the guy I quoted above who believes that decent dressing =islamization (how reassuring)...will the minute their boss puts a notice saying that they should dress corporate...will dress as ordered. Edgelordisim dies when your salary is at stake.

Look, in the real world , people judge you primarily by your dressing. I'm sorry, but it is the sad fact. So , dress well. Because, if a foreigner comes to our CAC office or any government office and sees people dressed anyhow conducting official business, he is going to carry the image of Nigeria as being an unserious country...and that image is going to mutate and spread like a virulent fungus...until it starts stifling things like investment, and so on...and then jobs get lost...and then we have high crime rate....

Sorry, but when I am on offcial business, I dress well. Just because...

The more you wrote, the less sense your write-up made.
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by CaptainFM1: 7:06pm On Feb 11, 2020
Are u going to buy clothes for people? Why not just ensure that virtually all the registrations are done online?

Imagine if banks come up with this same policy?
Or BRT operators issue the same policy for passengers?

There are better ways to pass this message very softly......
And trust me people will consciously or unconsciously do it right.

We don't have to use sticks all the time to get things done.
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:28pm On Feb 11, 2020
CaptainFM1:
Are u going to buy clothes for people? Why not just ensure that virtually all the registrations are done online?

Imagine if banks come up with this same policy?
Or BRT operators issue the same policy for passengers?

There are better ways to pass this message very softly......
And trust me people will consciously or unconsciously do it right.

We don't have to use sticks all the time to get things done.
did u read the part where someone wore bumshot onto the premises of CAC?
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by Nobody: 7:32pm On Feb 11, 2020
ebby9z:

The more you wrote, the less sense your write-up made.

And to you sir, I say good evening
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by oluwaSavage: 8:18pm On Feb 11, 2020
What I really don't understand is "What exactly is corporate dressing?" Wearing suit and tie? In Nigeria? Wearing a Traditional attire? Religious clothings? Why should an organization dictate for you when they don't feed you, cloth you, secure you, or look after you? I am a FishFarmer and you expect me to register my business while putting on Suit or mandating me on what to wear to your office to for busines? how's that important? while I'm there to pay them? or my workers to dress corporate to my farm? dress corporate and be very bad at the real job? The Lawyers should stick to their dress code and not we clients, we still have a whole lot to change in Africa, we are too backward and not getting our priorities right.
Suit and Tie is equivalent to Dressing Corporate? our thinking is way redundant in this part of the world. A football player with a painted hair and putting on a Suit and Tie dresses corporate too? indecent dressing is morally wrong and varies from beliefs, religions, cultures, countries. Let us focus more on what we can do, it's the most important. Oyinbo weather cold so, Suit and Tie suites them, it's not for us Biko... God bless us all.
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by darealez(m): 8:34pm On Feb 11, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:

So, are we saying that only Muslims dress decently?

Okay

MODIFIED

Looking through the comments, one sees that most commenters are opposed to the concept of dressing well.

To be honest, I used to think like that...until I graduated and entered the real world.

And in the real world, people do business better with well dressed people, not with casually dressed people.

The funny thing is that most of the 'I dress how I want' edgelords and egdeladies here...as well as the guy I quoted above who believes that decent dressing =islamization (how reassuring)...will the minute their boss puts a notice saying that they should dress corporate...will dress as ordered. Edgelordisim dies when your salary is at stake.

Look, in the real world , people judge you primarily by your dressing. I'm sorry, but it is the sad fact. So , dress well. Because, if a foreigner comes to our CAC office or any government office and sees people dressed anyhow conducting official business, he is going to carry the image of Nigeria as being an unserious country...and that image is going to mutate and spread like a virulent fungus...until it starts stifling things like investment, and so on...and then jobs get lost...and then we have high crime rate....

Sorry, but when I am on offcial business, I dress well. Just because...

You lost the point. CAC is a public institution, what those who transact does isn't their problem. Face your business. Just like bank saying, come dressed this way...like it's there business undecided
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by Nobody: 8:38pm On Feb 11, 2020
darealez:

You lost the point. CAC is a public institution, what those who transact does isn't their problem. Face your business. Just like bank saying, come dressed this way...like it's there business undecided

Okay, just wear a pair of shorts and a singlet when doing business with the bank, the civil service or any establishment

Since you believe that dressing properly on official business is rubbish.

Or wear your singlet and jeans when going to meet your in-laws.

Since you believe dressing properly is hypocrisy.
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by CaptainFM1: 9:26pm On Feb 11, 2020
VeeVeeMyLuv:
did u read the part where someone wore bumshot onto the premises of CAC?

I won't have an open/general perverted mind to every bumshorts or sport wears I see. Tolerance is very important when dealing with the public. I'm not sure she has that attribute!

I bet you did not read the part, I wrote "registration" should be done online. And I did say, there are better ways her message can be hammered very softly. I'm not against the policy, but how it was conveyed. For a broad and secular nation such as Nigeria, policy makers need to very careful and show some sensitivity when and how they present their policies.

The point is this, A Public Agency belongs to "All" . The "suited", the "Agbadas", the "Jalabias" et al. You don't use sticks, when you haven't provided the "carrots". That autocratic position can only come from Buhari & Sanwo Olu!

Its just like demanding "Respect" when you haven't commanded it. Do embassies need to tell people the same when coming for Visa Application?
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by tammie24: 9:54pm On Feb 11, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:

Oh, I guess they should improve their service...!

But at the same time, people should also dress properly.

Sorry, but this is the real world. People judge what they see, not what you have.
whats your business with what they have

You are there to offer service to people
Focus on that
In the real world
People are not being dictated to what to wear
Especially when dealing with adults
Misplaced priorities
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by Nobody: 9:57pm On Feb 11, 2020
tammie24:
whats your business with what they have

You are there to offer service to people
Focus on that
In the real world
People are not being dictated to what to wear
Especially when dealing with adults
Misplaced priorities

Yes, in the real.world.you are free to.dress.as you want and you are also free to follow your bosses' advice about appropriate office wear, as well as being free to demand that your doctor or lawyer or househelp or employee does not interact with you while wearing nothing.

Freedom, eh?
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by tammie24: 10:27pm On Feb 11, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:

Yes, in the real.world.you are free to.dress.as you want and you are also free to follow your bosses' advice about appropriate office wear, as well as being free to demand that your doctor or lawyer or househelp or employee does not interact with you while wearing nothing.

Freedom, eh?
oh yes

Freedom

And it shouldn't be another adult's business to tell adults what to put on while going about their business
People should be allowed to feel comfortable and not always trying to impose their beliefs on others especially when they have other important things they can put their energy into
Goodbye
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by AreaFada2: 3:00am On Feb 12, 2020
Is the legal mandate of CAC to dictate dress code for lawyers? shocked shocked shocked shocked

So a Rasta woman cannot come and register her business? Because long waist-length hair can be seen as indecent too.

In all I see disguised Sharia stuff in it.
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by Nobody: 4:55am On Feb 12, 2020
tammie24:
oh yes

Freedom

And it shouldn't be another adult's business to tell adults what to put on while going about their business
People should be allowed to feel comfortable and not always trying to impose their beliefs on others especially when they have other important things they can put their energy into
Goodbye

Okay, just tell that to your boss.
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by darealez(m): 8:54am On Feb 12, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:

Okay, just wear a pair of shorts and a singlet when doing business with the bank, the civil service or any establishment

Since you believe that dressing properly on official business is rubbish.

Or wear your singlet and jeans when going to meet your in-laws.

Since you believe dressing properly is hypocrisy.

You're simply not getting the point.
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by orisa37: 9:33am On Feb 12, 2020
It's good to keep out Touts from CAC.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Unknown Gunmen Set Access Bank ATM Ablaze In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) / Ambode Ignored As Tinubu, Fashola Join Sanwo-olu For Lagos Cabinet Retreat / Sowore VS DSS: Falana, Deji Adeyanju Arrive The Court Premises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.