Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,226 members, 7,953,859 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:56 AM

Batista & Ide: Nigerian Stoned His Fellow Nigerian To Death In South Africa - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Batista & Ide: Nigerian Stoned His Fellow Nigerian To Death In South Africa (56476 Views)

Two Nigerian Migrants Arrested For Murder Of Fellow Nigerian In Libya / Why Babakaka Shehu Ngorg Was Killed By Uzonna Maduabuchi, His Fellow Soldier / Hope Uzodima Arrested In India After A Fellow Nigerian Snitched On Him [Photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Batista & Ide: Nigerian Stoned His Fellow Nigerian To Death In South Africa by Litmus: 4:48pm On Feb 12, 2020
Nigerians need to be careful about videos like these before concluding anything, it’s very easy to place voice over videos in order to fool viewers. If we are concerned enough, we should look for as irrefutable evidence as possible or keep an open mind, conclude nothing. If we prove ourselves, easily convinced it will not be long before we start seeing videos of violence from anywhere in the world altered with voice over to make it seem for example some group of Yoruba are killing and Igbo man, vice versa or any number of combinations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWWcFF7MN4k

Incidentally, what finally became of the lady depicted in OP’s snipe video
Re: Batista & Ide: Nigerian Stoned His Fellow Nigerian To Death In South Africa by ernieboy(m): 5:06pm On Feb 12, 2020
Badgers14:
Lots of stuff wrong this video.. why was the police just standing there like status ?? They should have taken those two into custody ...

Those standbys that were watching and did not separate them until one was killed and they attacked the other guy.. how come they didnt separate the fight?? Beating the other guy is medicine after death..

But the look on that guy when he turned and saw the lifeless body while being shoved into ave maria..he must felt, hian.. had I known embarassed
the video did not show where he was beaten, how do u know he was beaten
Re: Batista & Ide: Nigerian Stoned His Fellow Nigerian To Death In South Africa by Litmus: 5:08pm On Feb 12, 2020
Let’s not allow ourselves to be groomed for the day a faked, voice over video will land and precipitate far reaching episodes... internet is anonymous, (it is also a weapon), you can’t take it for granted that the fellow who posts that his brother or father was there when such and such happened is telling you the truth...
Re: Batista & Ide: Nigerian Stoned His Fellow Nigerian To Death In South Africa by Collyno82(m): 5:26pm On Feb 12, 2020
annayawchee:
The guy's name is DC not Batista and they are not blood brothers but they are from the same town but different villages and how do I know this? They are both from my town.
different villages, same town now same destiny
Re: Batista & Ide: Nigerian Stoned His Fellow Nigerian To Death In South Africa by Litmus: 5:38pm On Feb 12, 2020
UK wants telecoms regulator to police social media companies

The UK government wants to put Ofcom in charge of regulating social media. Digital secretary Nicky Morgan and home secretary Priti Patel said they were "minded" to appoint the watchdog due to its experience and "proven track record" overseeing the UK's media and telecommunications industries. It would also avoid regulatory fragmentation, Patel and Morgan said, and be quicker to set up than a new regulator. Ofcom will be granted new powers to carry out its expanded responsibilities, which will cover any platform that hosts user-generated content, including comments and forum posts. It's safe to assume that social media giants including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and TikTok will be in its cross-hairs, then.

Actually, since Nigeria cannot regulate social media, it mightn’t be a bad idea if this or next government create some sort of ministry whose role it will be to research, for the purpose of clarity, the truth of some prescient matter. So for instance if videos of some order that may impact national cohesion immerge, ordinary or concerned parties know where to find evidence or make use of resources there to seek evidence before responding.
Re: Batista & Ide: Nigerian Stoned His Fellow Nigerian To Death In South Africa by Badgers14: 5:40pm On Feb 12, 2020
ernieboy:
the video did not show where he was beaten, how do u know he was beaten

I saw an extended version of the video..
Re: Batista & Ide: Nigerian Stoned His Fellow Nigerian To Death In South Africa by ernieboy(m): 5:54pm On Feb 12, 2020
Badgers14:

I saw an extended version of the video..
where?
Re: Batista & Ide: Nigerian Stoned His Fellow Nigerian To Death In South Africa by Badgers14: 6:13pm On Feb 12, 2020
ernieboy:
where?

Youtube
Re: Batista & Ide: Nigerian Stoned His Fellow Nigerian To Death In South Africa by Nobody: 6:56pm On Feb 12, 2020
-
Re: Batista & Ide: Nigerian Stoned His Fellow Nigerian To Death In South Africa by Nobody: 7:00pm On Feb 12, 2020
Now I understand the meaning of "when in Rome, do as the Romans do".

1 Like

Re: Batista & Ide: Nigerian Stoned His Fellow Nigerian To Death In South Africa by engrchykae(m): 8:17pm On Feb 12, 2020
My people just dey shame me.
All these our Igbo brothers in south Africa need to be ostracized.
Never seen a good Igbo in South Africa.
If I hear you are in south Africa,I will be looking at you somehow.
That's how some silly igbos in South Africa came to ozubulu and killed lots of people in church over a drug business in far away south Africa.
They cause shame to the Igbo race especially orlu,umuaka and anambra guys in South Africa.
Shameless subhumans
Re: Batista & Ide: Nigerian Stoned His Fellow Nigerian To Death In South Africa by Johans1991: 8:55pm On Feb 12, 2020
ipob killed osu.
its a family affaires
Re: Batista & Ide: Nigerian Stoned His Fellow Nigerian To Death In South Africa by OnniSilver: 9:01pm On Feb 12, 2020
[s]
Johans1991:
ipob killed osu.
its a family affaires
[/s]
Re: Batista & Ide: Nigerian Stoned His Fellow Nigerian To Death In South Africa by ojaysam25(m): 9:30pm On Feb 12, 2020
Igbo man and money....☺��
Re: Batista & Ide: Nigerian Stoned His Fellow Nigerian To Death In South Africa by slysteel: 9:43pm On Feb 12, 2020
Tochi2020:
Nigerian man kills another Nigerian man, who is his relative, in a brawl in South Africa over a failed business transaction.

A statement released by the President, Nigeria Citizens Association South Africa, NICASA, Ben Okoli, said the incident happened in Kempton Park on Monday night February 10th, at 7:30 pm.

The statement reads in part

Watch The Video Below,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYernGBV8sk

He killed him with that stone,dude later died in hospital yesterday

Re: Batista & Ide: Nigerian Stoned His Fellow Nigerian To Death In South Africa by Litmus: 10:06pm On Feb 12, 2020
A statement released by the President, Nigeria Citizens Association South Africa, NICASA, Ben Okoli, said the incident happened in Kempton Park on Monday night February 10th, at 7:30 pm.

Btw what happened in the case of the " Nigerian man" who supposedly killed the south African police officer? And for which another President of yet another Nigeria citizens association, was also rumoured to have made corroborative statements? And I quote: Adetola Olubajo, president of Nigeria Union in South Africa, disclosed this in a statement on Thursday.

Below is that article:

Some indigenes of Keimoes and Upington areas of northern cape province in South Africa, on Thursday morning, gave Nigerians and other foreign national a 12-hour ultimatum to vacate their communities.

Adetola Olubajo, president of Nigeria Union in South Africa, disclosed this in a statement on Thursday.

Olubajo said the development was as a result of an “ugly incident” that took place between a police officer and a Nigerian on Wednesday.

He said the Nigerian, an indigene of Abakaliki in Ebonyi state, allegedly stabbed to death the police officer, Nico Visagie, during a disagreement.

Olubajo said the details of the disagreement were still not very clear as the “major witness” was also stabbed multiple times and was still in critical condition at the hospital.

“After the horrific incident, the community members of Keimoes and environs went on rampage burning and destroying properties belonging to foreign nationals, Nigerians in particular,” he said.

“These attacks spread to Upington and Nigerians and other foreign nationals were also expelled from Upington.

“Prompt Police intervention this morning brought about calm but the situation is still tensed. Some locals were arrested by the police for public disturbance and malicious damage to properties.

“They appeared in a magistrates’ court this morning for bail hearing.”

He added that the suspect who stabbed the police officer had been arrested and would appear in court on or before Monday.

“We commend the swift intervention of the members of the South African Police Service (SAPS) and the arrest of the suspect is a welcome development,” he said.

“We hope the police will continue to maintain law and order in the area.”

There was tension in August following xenophobic attacks in South Africa and reprisals in Nigeria.

Many Nigerians were forced to leave the country while a diplomatic face-off was prevented between Nigeria and South Africa.

President Muhammadu Buhari had visited the country in October and both nations renewed their diplomatic ties while President Cyril Ramaphosa apologised to Nigerians.

What happend in the end?
Re: Batista & Ide: Nigerian Stoned His Fellow Nigerian To Death In South Africa by BennyDGreat: 10:48pm On Feb 12, 2020
daddytime:
Bad...this is bad Michael Jackson.

Reminds me of the day I witnessed someone got stabbed from the back with the knife coming out on the other side, and the victim falling face down, while the knife handle sticking out from the back.

The guy died instantly.

This happened in Amsterdam.

Mehn that's horrible
Re: Batista & Ide: Nigerian Stoned His Fellow Nigerian To Death In South Africa by Litmus: 11:01pm On Feb 12, 2020
For example, the Zimbabwean Preymore Dube accused of killing a senior South African police officer has a coherent story that one is able to follow to the conclusion. Story seems convincing because there are articles online and Video detailing beginning, middle and end there is even a video of him in custody.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzxYPbfAIWI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30FC_x9PAkc
Zimbabwean Preymore Dube in custody.

However, tales of supposed Nigerian wrong doing in South Africa, e.g. our man from Abakaliki in Ebonyi state that supposedly killed the South African police officer Nico Visagie sort of dissolves in the face of research into the veracity of the case. He, the Nigerian with no name, is only merely accused and indicted online, everyone then agreed that we Nigerians are monsters, everyone came and indulged in an orgy of abusing Nigerians and that was kind of it, no evidence anywhere in the form or newspaper articles, videos, court case etc…
Re: Batista & Ide: Nigerian Stoned His Fellow Nigerian To Death In South Africa by BennyDGreat: 11:23pm On Feb 12, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

One of the most prudent things you should do for yourself in Nigeria today is keeping out of trouble. One of the worst things that can happen to a person is to be sent to jail in Nigeria.

Jail in Nigeria is halfway house to hell. Maryam Sanda will probably never be executed, most Governor's do not sign the death warrant anymore. Orji Kalu Uzor will probably never serve full-time.

But still Nigerian prisons are like Nazi concentration camps. The food is calamitous, healthcare is none existent.

I have seen a prisoner holding his eye ball in his hand, it was still attached to his eye socket by a tendril. Someone used a spoon to scoop out his eye ball in a fight. The nurse was off duty. Nobody cared, he died.

I had a client once who was remanded in prison. He was HIV positive and did not tell me. Maybe that would have been further grounds for bail. He could not take his drugs and he relapsed. Before I could try to get him out it was too late, he died.

The food given to prisoners is not fit for human consumption, even animals should not be made to eat such rubbish. Meanwhile, huge sums of money has been budgeted for feeding prisoners.

Avoid trouble, infact, flee from trouble. Anything that will involve police charging you to court is trouble. If you can kill a matter in the police station, by all means do it. Stop shouting,

"I know my right!"

This is Nigeria. Your right and left can change anytime.

Police will definitely ask for big money, if you have it and you suspect your case is not very solid kill the matter there. Even if you think you have a good case, this is Nigeria.

If your lawyer is shouting,

"we will meet in court!" in Police station tell him to calm down.

It is your case, not his. The use of "we," is merely figurative. He will not stand in the accused box with you.

Remember, it is not what you know that matters in court, it is what you can prove. Besides, this is Nigeria. Ihedioha can testify.

I was attacked once by a pedestrian in Lagos. The car I was inside brushed him slightly. I was not the one driving. I just told him to be more careful.

That is how the guy attacked me. He threw 4 punches, I blocked two and dodged two.

I had the opportunity to counter punch but I did not. I am not Anthony Joshua. A police man eventually stopped him. I quickly removed myself from the scene.

I was happy enough I was not going home with a broken jaw, neither was I being charged for assault. Sometimes it is better to let some things go.

I do not mean that you should turn to everyone's foot mat, but if you are going to take up an issue, ensure you are blameless, or almost blameless.

Avoid wahala. If people are beating up a thief do not join, or even stand and watch, even if it is your property that was stolen.

If someone hits your car don't start fighting because of that.

Do not lend people money. It hardly ends well.

Do not surety people you don't absolutely trust.

Avoid too much night movement, partying and clubbing should be with wisdom and decency.

Avoid people who cannot control their alcohol, they always start brawls.

Realize that a bad situation can always get worse, or better, depending on how you handle it.

Avoid people who talk too much.

Be wary with your speech. Do not talk about people behind their backs.

Always assume that someone is recording your speech and videoing your actions.

Even if someone comes with negative gossip about another person, do not say anything. If you talk, it is what you said that will somehow find its way to the person's ear.

Stop saying things like,

" Do you know who I am?"

"I no dey fear anybody!"

"My yes is my yes and my no is my no!"

Finally, remember to keep your anger and ego in check, the world does not revolve around you, it revolves around the sun �.

Jude Abu Oshuks

Thanks for this post. Full of wisdom
Re: Batista & Ide: Nigerian Stoned His Fellow Nigerian To Death In South Africa by berrystunn(m): 11:48pm On Feb 12, 2020
sosospence:
Lie

Then you are not an Igbo man .
Or you have issues of belonging if you are one
Re: Batista & Ide: Nigerian Stoned His Fellow Nigerian To Death In South Africa by sammyonal: 9:41am On Feb 13, 2020
Dagrace01:

Mining for skull is heartless but it's quite different from killing ur own kinsman for money or using ur mother rituals. Yes this happens everywhere but more than 80% of such case comes from the East.
Boko Haram is terrorism and this happens everywhere in the world, Is, Al-Queda, Al-shabaab and the likes are all terrorists that needs to be wiped out of the world, but this doesn't correlate with the fact that Igbo man's god is money.
Everything u listed above aren't valid with what I wrote, u know the fact and u won't admit it.
You called me a racist for stating the obvious about Igbos, will you call an American a racist for condemning the atrocities of Hitler and those that believe in him?
Listen I'm a Yoruba guy and I know where we have flaws, u guys usually say we are cunning and that our women are dirty, it is the obvious about some Yorubas and that won't be a racist statement..
You guys love money and that is a known fact.
I work with Chinese, they tell us stories of what Igbo men do for money in China, it's very very ridiculous.
Igbo Kwenu, I hail una o!
u murdered this guy, I like ur write up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Batista & Ide: Nigerian Stoned His Fellow Nigerian To Death In South Africa by raphy(m): 9:41am On Feb 13, 2020
jesus fhuxking christ brother kill brother cus of.money in foreign country..let h.just bury his head in shame for disgracing a shithole country wit a fake president who don't care if you are dead or alive.
Re: Batista & Ide: Nigerian Stoned His Fellow Nigerian To Death In South Africa by Ndipe(m): 6:32pm On Feb 14, 2020
May his soul rest in peace.

By all means possible, stay out of trouble and avoid bad company. Its just tragic that it led to murder.
Re: Batista & Ide: Nigerian Stoned His Fellow Nigerian To Death In South Africa by Ifywildrose1(f): 2:03pm On Feb 17, 2020
annayawchee:
I bu Onye amorie?
yes oo
Re: Batista & Ide: Nigerian Stoned His Fellow Nigerian To Death In South Africa by Ifywildrose1(f): 2:08pm On Feb 17, 2020
nzeobi:
nwobi kam by na umunna.
my mother is from umunna
Re: Batista & Ide: Nigerian Stoned His Fellow Nigerian To Death In South Africa by annayawchee: 2:14pm On Feb 17, 2020
Ifywildrose1:
yes oo
Udo di
Re: Batista & Ide: Nigerian Stoned His Fellow Nigerian To Death In South Africa by nzeobi(m): 8:18pm On Feb 17, 2020
Ifywildrose1:
my mother is from umunna
Which part of umunna.
Re: Batista & Ide: Nigerian Stoned His Fellow Nigerian To Death In South Africa by Ndipe(m): 8:11am On May 19, 2020
But why are all these crime reports happening in South Africa? I read of the Ozubulu massacre which was traced to a squabble between Nigerians in South Africa?
Re: Batista & Ide: Nigerian Stoned His Fellow Nigerian To Death In South Africa by SaintBishop: 12:10pm On Jan 04, 2021
WorWorBoy:
Igbo people. undecided
The so called hard workers

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Father Kills Son For Sleeping With Sister (photo) / "I'm Not A Ritual Killer" Ifeanyi Dike Cries Out / Student Killed Over ‘girlfriend With 6 Boyfriends’ - (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.