Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,932 members, 7,952,755 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:17 PM

ECOWAS Challenges Nigeria’s Border Closure, Sets Up Committee - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ECOWAS Challenges Nigeria’s Border Closure, Sets Up Committee (23131 Views)

President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure / Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others / Ghana Resorts To Diplomacy To Get Nigeria Border Opened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ECOWAS Challenges Nigeria’s Border Closure, Sets Up Committee by MumuCountry: 1:58pm On Feb 12, 2020
I pity you nigerians. Ghana is opposed to the nigerian border closure because it is wrong and flouts existing ecowas protocols. I live in Ghana and the border closure has not affected anything here. The Ghanaian economy is growing rapaciously at 6.8 percent. Food prices are going down. grin Inflation is going down, currently at less than 8% grin grin grin Jobs are being created.

Who are the people suffering from the border closure? Where is food prices escalating? Where is inflation galloping? Heard inflation in Nigeria has reached 12.5% and still galloping grin grin chai grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ECOWAS Challenges Nigeria’s Border Closure, Sets Up Committee by TommyAnthem(m): 2:12pm On Feb 12, 2020
These countries you mentioned are predominantly muslims/fulanis,
no gate was shot against them. They come in an out unhindered. I dunno why you are struggling to believe what I said,
I renowned lawmaker from that same region went to a border town and noticed beehive of activities and raised the issue, but his voice got drowned among a cacophony of other voices.
mvem:
you are wrong by saying most ECOWAS trade route is in the south. Niger, Mali,Mauritania, Burkina Faso, Chad etc all have borders or close borders to the North and actively uses those routes
Re: ECOWAS Challenges Nigeria’s Border Closure, Sets Up Committee by Area4Area: 5:31pm On Feb 12, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

PRO kini?
I didn't ask you about the state of mind if Nigerians. I asked you if the border closure has achieved what you guys said it will. Lean to understand before giving a response. Don't be itchy fingered.
Learn to spell properly next time.
Nigerians aren't complaining aside other ECOWAS countries and smugglers
Re: ECOWAS Challenges Nigeria’s Border Closure, Sets Up Committee by budaatum: 6:42pm On Feb 12, 2020
nony43:
Biko, someone should tell me the head and the tail of this border closure, cos the cost of buying a bag of local rice is still expensive, insecurity is still on the high side. This border closure some people are benefitting from it monetarily
Actually, the price of local rice has gone up, making schoolfees easier to pay for local farmers to the extent that farmers in Thailand are now wailing while local farmers are rejoicing.

So, true. Some hardworking people are indeed benefitting monetarily from border closure!

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Challenges Nigeria’s Border Closure, Sets Up Committee by Lovelive: 7:00pm On Feb 12, 2020
post=86577034:
*They said we are the poverty capital of the world.
Our Darling President decided that we should just close our poverty stricken borders to the outside world so that we can manage on our own.
Suddenly, scarcity hits Benin republic, Togo, Niger.
Demonstration hits Ghana. Vietnam, Thailand and other envoys all came calling.*
*Their economy depends on our poverty.

They are begging the most corrupt nation on Earth to do business with them.
They have no buyers for their commodity.
In our neighbors domain, scarcity have hit them hard.*

It turned out they need us more than we need them.
We have all it takes to stand alone as a nation.
All we need is a plan and a willing leader.

God bless Nigeria*

��������
��������

Good one on this border closure by the FG.

At the end of it all, SANE Nigerians will enjoy all the benefits.

A drastic change requires a drastic solution.

WE continue to STAND WITH THE BORDER CLOSURE,
It is for the good of all sane, honest and hardworking Nigerians.

Again, God bless Nigeria.

Correct niggarrr.
You are mouthed!
Cheers!!

U just shown the way.
Na turn by turn o.
Re: ECOWAS Challenges Nigeria’s Border Closure, Sets Up Committee by MumuCountry: 5:55pm On Feb 14, 2020
Rubbish. Pure rubbish!

Blindersoff:

Thank you and you can carry a megaphone and rant from the top of Mount Afadja in Volta region, your rantings are like the yelling of an ant.

Nobody hears you and nobody will act on it.

Borders remain closed. Make use of the alternatives.

If Nigerians are suffering from it as you claimed, that is Nigerias business and not yours. Go and show concern to kasapreko
Re: ECOWAS Challenges Nigeria’s Border Closure, Sets Up Committee by vannessa7(f): 10:31pm On Feb 20, 2020
2cul2care:
When I see some peoples comment on this border closure of a thing it makes me wonder, those of you supporting the border closure, do u really think any nation can survive on its own, without the help of other nations, no nation is self sufficient, even AMERICA WORLD POWER can't survive on its own without help from other nations.

The same way goods are being imported into NIGERIA is the same way we also export goods to other nations, so when we are unable to export our own products aren't we loosing too.

If Buhari claims he closed the border because of smuggling then my question is, the custom officers at the border what exactly are they doing, are they there to fry Akara, if our customs do their job their will be no case of smuggling.

Buttom line is our president and the goverment in general doesn't give a damn about us, if u don't already know that by now, I really don't know what to say to u.

Just imagine Lai Mohammed wants to borrow $500m to upgrade NTA a channel nobody watches anymore, a channel that has stopped being relevant since the 90's, with all our debts they still want to plunge the country into more debt and worsen the economic situation.

[b][/b]SERIOUSLY DO THE MATH, AND REASON FOR YOURSELF

China closed its border for forty years and by the time they opened it they were already developed, it took decades to destroy Nigeria economy by flooding our market with foreign goods while our own goods were abandoned leading to massive unemployment and lack of innovation leading to backwardness, it will therefore take a while to see the benefit of the border closure and not a few months,
Its not the import and export that is the problem but import exceeding export resulting in a consumer economy, we go to schools and cone back to joblessness while we give jobs to youths of other countries massively by consuming only foreign goods, how many years do you think it will take to revive Bata shoe company and Aba textile mill which are some of the victims of foreign goods importation, meanwhile if you watch nta like I do and most elites in Nigeria must do to be in the know you will see many testimony and evidence of the border closure.
Lack of education is the reason people are still questioning the essence of the border closure,
Re: ECOWAS Challenges Nigeria’s Border Closure, Sets Up Committee by anihsheltermode(f): 3:00pm On Mar 23, 2020
Turkey and China importation

I have a group where you can buy at wholesales prices. We buy directly from manufacturers and suppliers as a group at cheaper rates so as to meet minimum order of quantity (MOQ)

It is scam free, reliable trusted and tested
Private chat me on +2348085941033.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boko Haram Attacks Army Base In Borno, 10 Soldiers Killed - ISWAP / President Buhari Arrives Borno For Nigerian Army Day Celebration(pics) / Lagos Thugs Impose N100 Levy On Individuals Using Yaba Pedestrian Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.