Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,549 members, 7,812,753 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:44 PM

Brachiaria Grass: A Must For Cow, Sheep,Goat,etc Farmers..now Available - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Brachiaria Grass: A Must For Cow, Sheep,Goat,etc Farmers..now Available (9202 Views)

Brachiaria Grass: A Must For Livestock Farmers..now Available / Contact Me For Cow Kidney And Gallstones / Order For Cow Skin A. K. A (pomo) From The Source (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brachiaria Grass: A Must For Cow, Sheep,Goat,etc Farmers..now Available by spinna: 1:14am On Feb 12, 2020
For those who keep livestock the scarcity of green fodder is at its peak right now.Brachiaria grass is a highly nutritious source of feed for animals. Its of African origin yet 'travelled out' for several years and is now back . (Remember Agric Minister Audu Ogbeh's comments on Importing grass years back?) Below are some interesting facts about it:

Brachiaria grass

1. It looks like ordinary napier/elephant grass from a distance. But on a closer look you’ll see that is has thicker leaves and does not have scratching and cutting hairs like Elephant grass. Brachiaria also produces seeds unlike Napier grass, and the seeds do not lose their hybrid vigor, meaning that you can plant the seeds and get good results.

2. It originates from Africa, but has been improved through scientific methods in South America into a grass with better yield and pest resistance.

3. It has more than 15% crude protein on a dry matter basis. It can reach 20% with good management.

4. It grows fast with little amount of water producing 18 to 20 tonnes of green forage per acre per harvest.

5. It is.more.drought-tolerant than Elephant grass.

6. Unlike Elephant grass, Brachiaria grass does not take up an excessive amount of nutrients from the soil. this means It will perform better even when planted in poor soils.

7. Napier/Elephant grass is vulnerable to diseases like Napier stunt and Napier smut diseases. Brachiaria is resistant to these diseases.

8. Some common names for Brachiaria are 'Congo Grass' or 'Signal Grass'

9. With Elephant grass, the animals can’t graze on it because growth after trampling is poor. This is not so with Brachiaria. It regrows fast after grazing and save you time of cutting and carrying the grass to the animals. However, you should not over-graze it.

10. Brachiaria can be propagated by seeds, root splits or stems. Mulato Brachiaria is best propagated by seeds, though it can also be planted from vegetative material. If you want to plant large area of land, it is better to use seeds. You’ll need 2.5-3kgs seeds per acre.

11. Where to buy: You can buy the seeds from Healing Field Farms 07063463851. We were blessed with some of the precious seed when we started our dairy farm

12. Once the grass is established, you can harvest it every 3-4 weeks, when the nutrient content is highest.

We sell seed and shoot splits..pls call for enquiries

Re: Brachiaria Grass: A Must For Cow, Sheep,Goat,etc Farmers..now Available by greenmonk: 2:20am On Feb 12, 2020
What are the livestock that can feed on this grass. Can it be used for rabbit?

spinna:
For those who keep livestock the scarcity of green fodder is at its peak right now.Brachiaria grass is a highly nutritious source of feed for animals. Its of African origin yet 'travelled out' for several years and is now back . (Remember Agric Minister Audu Ogbeh's comments on Importing grass years back?) Below are some interesting facts about it:

Brachiaria grass

1. It looks like ordinary napier/elephant grass from a distance. But on a closer look you’ll see that is has thicker leaves and does not have scratching and cutting hairs like Elephant grass. Brachiaria also produces seeds unlike Napier grass, and the seeds do not lose their hybrid vigor, meaning that you can plant the seeds and get good results.

2. It originates from Africa, but has been improved through scientific methods in South America into a grass with better yield and pest resistance.

3. It has more than 15% crude protein on a dry matter basis. It can reach 20% with good management.

4. It grows fast with little amount of water producing 18 to 20 tonnes of green forage per acre per harvest.

5. It is.more.drought-tolerant than Elephant grass.

6. Unlike Elephant grass, Brachiaria grass does not take up an excessive amount of nutrients from the soil. this means It will perform better even when planted in poor soils.

7. Napier/Elephant grass is vulnerable to diseases like Napier stunt and Napier smut diseases. Brachiaria is resistant to these diseases.

8. Some common names for Brachiaria are 'Congo Grass' or 'Signal Grass'

9. With Elephant grass, the animals can’t graze on it because growth after trampling is poor. This is not so with Brachiaria. It regrows fast after grazing and save you time of cutting and carrying the grass to the animals. However, you should not over-graze it.

10. Brachiaria can be propagated by seeds, root splits or stems. Mulato Brachiaria is best propagated by seeds, though it can also be planted from vegetative material. If you want to plant large area of land, it is better to use seeds. You’ll need 2.5-3kgs seeds per acre.

11. Where to buy: You can buy the seeds from Healing Field Farms 07063463851. We were blessed with some of the precious seed when we started our dairy farm

12. Once the grass is established, you can harvest it every 3-4 weeks, when the nutrient content is highest.

We sell at N 1000 per 10 grammes

1 Like

Re: Brachiaria Grass: A Must For Cow, Sheep,Goat,etc Farmers..now Available by spinna: 3:05am On Feb 12, 2020
greenmonk:
What are the livestock that can feed on this grass. Can it be used for rabbit?

Yes of course rabbits can eat it. The high protein in brachiaria will see the rabbits looking robust.
Brachiaria is useful to Cattle, Sheep, Goat, pig, grasscutter,rabbit and even chicken farmers.

There must be some other animals i didnt mention..but yes those are the main ones

Re: Brachiaria Grass: A Must For Cow, Sheep,Goat,etc Farmers..now Available by FarmTech(m): 9:43pm On Feb 12, 2020
@Op, pls post where u have planted this grass.

1 Like

Re: Brachiaria Grass: A Must For Cow, Sheep,Goat,etc Farmers..now Available by Nobody: 12:07am On Feb 13, 2020
FarmTech:
LOL! Ah bro, you want to scatter show.
Re: Brachiaria Grass: A Must For Cow, Sheep,Goat,etc Farmers..now Available by greenmonk: 5:26pm On Feb 13, 2020
happybrother:

Na true oo. Even photo where he is feeding his animals with it. We no want internet photo again oo.

1 Like

Re: Brachiaria Grass: A Must For Cow, Sheep,Goat,etc Farmers..now Available by FarmTech(m): 10:52pm On Feb 14, 2020
I think this is the best way to curb scamming on NL. @Op, I am interested in the grass but I have to be sure. Don't get me wrong.
Re: Brachiaria Grass: A Must For Cow, Sheep,Goat,etc Farmers..now Available by spinna: 6:32am On Feb 15, 2020
FarmTech:

FarmTech:
I think this is the best way to curb scamming on NL. @Op, I am interested in the grass but I have to be sure. Don't get me wrong.
FarmTech:
happybrother:

Sorry guys i did not notice your concerns. Please rest assured i am not a scammer or spammer. Even in this dry season i have been planting more of brachiaria both via root splits and seed harvested late last year.
The very first pic above is my grass planted by me in my yard.

Sometimes pics dey fall hand ..u will assume u have many but you dont.

1 Like

Re: Brachiaria Grass: A Must For Cow, Sheep,Goat,etc Farmers..now Available by spinna: 7:45am On Feb 15, 2020
planting..can you notice the feathery green leaves? My pics..

Re: Brachiaria Grass: A Must For Cow, Sheep,Goat,etc Farmers..now Available by spinna: 11:18am On Feb 15, 2020
The Brachiaria i transplanted last year has helped me feed my cows in this dry season. It is a very tough and quick spreading grass even though the cows aggressively grazed on it its stub cannot be uprooted and its core remains green. Once rain come it starts to grow quickly again.

Once you establish even a plot or two of Brachiaria then you can expand with root splits.
Re: Brachiaria Grass: A Must For Cow, Sheep,Goat,etc Farmers..now Available by spinna: 11:27am On Feb 15, 2020
This dry season with the help of some irrigation i was able to establish some new areas because what i planted last year was insufficient. I used both seed and root splits.
Re: Brachiaria Grass: A Must For Cow, Sheep,Goat,etc Farmers..now Available by FarmTech(m): 10:13pm On Feb 15, 2020
Thanks for the pics. Where did u get the seeds?
Re: Brachiaria Grass: A Must For Cow, Sheep,Goat,etc Farmers..now Available by spinna: 10:37am On Feb 16, 2020
FarmTech:
Thanks for the pics. Where did u get the seeds?
You're welcome i got them at a Dairy enhancement programme in Oyo state.
Anyone involved in livestock rearing should take advantage of this opportunity because these seeds are scarce, supply is limited and the grass is good!

Re: Brachiaria Grass: A Must For Cow, Sheep,Goat,etc Farmers..now Available by FarmTech(m): 3:57pm On Feb 16, 2020
spinna:

You're welcome i got them at a Dairy enhancement programme in Oyo state.
Anyone involved in livestock rearing should take advantage of this opportunity because these seeds are scarce, supply is limited and the grass is good!
Ok. U are the one that commented on my website. I will contact u when ready. Thanks. And pls, can u open a thread and tell us about your dairy cows. Many people will love it. You will also get more sales.
Re: Brachiaria Grass: A Must For Cow, Sheep,Goat,etc Farmers..now Available by spinna: 12:14pm On Feb 18, 2020
FarmTech:

Ok. U are the one that commented on my website. I will contact u when ready. Thanks. And pls, can u open a thread and tell us about your dairy cows. Many people will love it. You will also get more sales.

Yes im the one..i have thought of starting a dairy thread but i want to reach some milestones first.

Thanks i will be expecting to hear from you.
Re: Brachiaria Grass: A Must For Cow, Sheep,Goat,etc Farmers..now Available by Willie2015: 1:02pm On Feb 18, 2020
How much per Kg...
Re: Brachiaria Grass: A Must For Cow, Sheep,Goat,etc Farmers..now Available by spinna: 10:19pm On Feb 18, 2020
Willie2015:
How much per Kg...
Pls call me dont be annoyed
Re: Brachiaria Grass: A Must For Cow, Sheep,Goat,etc Farmers..now Available by spinna: 11:16pm On Feb 18, 2020
Dont miss it..its not that much left. Its the real deal..make the most of your land by planting lush brachiaria. In three months the grass go dey hungry you ma sef grin

Cattle and Livestock rearing done right demands that you plant you plant pastures not just throwing animals into the bush where they will pick pestsand diseases..be part of the new wave. Seize this opportunity .. dont let it go.

Re: Brachiaria Grass: A Must For Cow, Sheep,Goat,etc Farmers..now Available by spinna: 7:26pm On Feb 22, 2020
Baby brachiaria emerging from seeds with their transplanted big brother Irrigation works well

Seeds still available now..07063463851

1 Share

Re: Brachiaria Grass: A Must For Cow, Sheep,Goat,etc Farmers..now Available by Newway2(m): 9:47am On Jul 08, 2020
Re: Brachiaria Grass: A Must For Cow, Sheep,Goat,etc Farmers..now Available by spinna: 8:07pm On Jul 08, 2020
Newway2:
*Brachiaria : The Wonder Grass Of Africa*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwALzUVwlCk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u38HTS5EO5I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EjlK5m7ttk

Why havent you gotten yours livestock farmers? Still available
Re: Brachiaria Grass: A Must For Cow, Sheep,Goat,etc Farmers..now Available by spinna: 8:28pm On Jul 08, 2020
Buying brachiaria grass and establishing pastures is the best decision you will take as a livestock farmer..

Re: Brachiaria Grass: A Must For Cow, Sheep,Goat,etc Farmers..now Available by spinna: 9:57pm On Jul 08, 2020
New supply of Brachiaria seeds from South Africa just arrived good people..treated and pre-shelled.

Brachiaria root splits also available for fast pasture establishment (remember rains are here now)...i call it pasture in a ghana must go..this is faster than seed and surer..but a bit more labour intensive.

call now you won't regret planting this wonderful grass

Re: Brachiaria Grass: A Must For Cow, Sheep,Goat,etc Farmers..now Available by Newway2(m): 10:19pm On Jul 08, 2020
spinna:
Egungun Newway2 no go enter express o..you know it is wrong and you went ahead to do the same. You are spoiling your own business name in my opinion

So sorry about this
Re: Brachiaria Grass: A Must For Cow, Sheep,Goat,etc Farmers..now Available by PayneEdward: 2:03pm On Aug 06, 2021
Ugh, I assure you that it’s almost impossible to get rid of those on your own. There is a higher probability that you will remove the bacteria for a certain amount of time, but it will inevitably come back. That’s why I think that the best solution for your garden’s health is to go see a company like floydstreeservicebakersfield.com and let them do their job. It’s costly, but the level of professionalism is simply impressive. You will end up with an amazing and healthy garden, protected from any kind of diseases. That’s a very good thing, don’t you think so?
Re: Brachiaria Grass: A Must For Cow, Sheep,Goat,etc Farmers..now Available by spinna: 8:38am On Aug 16, 2021
September is the deadline set by Nigerian govs for the enforcement of the ban on open grazing..

Other livestock farmers all over the country are getting theirs.. We have happy customers from Oyo,Jos, taraba, kano, abuja, port harcourt.. no issues..

the rains are going order now..seeds and suckers available 07063463851
Re: Brachiaria Grass: A Must For Cow, Sheep,Goat,etc Farmers..now Available by cattlefarming01: 11:14am On Aug 17, 2021
How To Make Your Cow Grow Bigger And Healthier For More Profit

Cattle require minimum of correct proportion of nutrient and volume of feed to maintain optimal health.

Livestock - Zyme ensures your cattle to absorb the nutrients from their feed to enable them efficiently use it to grow bigger, increase their milk production and also boost their immune system for prevention of diseases.

Livestock - Zyme is a must use for all Cattle farmers who desire to make the most of their effort and resources within the shortest period of time to make profit in cattle fattening

Why You Should Use Livestock - Zyme For Your Cattle.

It makes your cattle grow bigger within a short period of time

It increases milk production

It increases their immune system for prevention of diseases

It reduces rearing period and hazards

It increases animal carcass meat

It increases your profit

How To Use

Simply add 1 Capful of Livestock - Zyme into 40 litres of water or 1 bottle of Livestock - Zyme into 2,400 liters of water and feed the animals normally

For more inquiries of delivery of the product kindly call us on 08033492090

To learn more about our products kindly visit Www.zenithenergyenzyme.com

Re: Brachiaria Grass: A Must For Cow, Sheep,Goat,etc Farmers..now Available by Generalfalad: 3:10pm On Dec 30, 2021
Please I want to buy the seeds. Give my contact
Re: Brachiaria Grass: A Must For Cow, Sheep,Goat,etc Farmers..now Available by spinna: 4:30pm On Feb 13, 2022
Have you gotten yours? Why not upgrade that livestock farm once and for all

We have two happy customers this week.. from Niger state and Abuja..

The north is embracing ranching bit by bit

Panicum Maximum also available

0706 346 3851

Re: Brachiaria Grass: A Must For Cow, Sheep,Goat,etc Farmers..now Available by Earthstorms(m): 8:29am On Feb 14, 2022
spinna:
Have you gotten yours? Why not upgrade that livestock farm once and for all

We have two happy customers this week.. from Niger state and Abuja..

The north is embracing ranching bit by bit

Panicum Maximum also available

0706 346 3851

Nice. Everyone should embrace ranching

1 Like

Re: Brachiaria Grass: A Must For Cow, Sheep,Goat,etc Farmers..now Available by spinna: 12:12pm On Feb 27, 2022
The rain is coming,. That livestock dream plan is not complete till you get your Brachiaria seeds for pasture

(1) (2) (Reply)

Banking Sector Plans Fresh N300b Agriculture Financing For 2016 / Profitability Of Plantain Farming / Starting Local Fowl Farming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.