Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,577 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Deontay Wilder Vs. Tyson Fury II: (The Unfinished Business) February 22, 2020 - Sports (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Deontay Wilder Vs. Tyson Fury II: (The Unfinished Business) February 22, 2020 (49566 Views)

Anthony Joshua Beats Otto Wallin: Deontay Wilder Outboxed By Joseph Parker(video / Tyson Fury Vs Deontay Wilder 2: Photos As Fury Finishes The Unfinished Business / Deontay wilder Vs Tyson fury 3am Nigerian time on super sport 1 dstv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deontay Wilder Vs. Tyson Fury II: (The Unfinished Business) February 22, 2020 by somtookeke(m): 8:55am On Feb 23, 2020
Fury (30-0-1, 21 KO) now has to be considered the clear No. 1 heavyweight in the world, even considering he’s certainly not the undisputed champion, what with Anthony Joshua holding three of the four major sanctioning body titles. But Fury’s win gives him the WBC belt, which is a lot easier for most people to “get” than just the claim of being lineal champion, and he also gets the Ring Magazine belt back.

Read More:

https://speakersden2..com/2020/02/deontay-wilder-vs-tyson-fury-ii-video.html

grin angry sad

Re: Deontay Wilder Vs. Tyson Fury II: (The Unfinished Business) February 22, 2020 by Nobody: 8:57am On Feb 23, 2020
Enwhen:

Wilder will kill Furry .....I pity Furry in advance...
lol how far? How market na?
Re: Deontay Wilder Vs. Tyson Fury II: (The Unfinished Business) February 22, 2020 by Nobody: 8:58am On Feb 23, 2020
Charleys:

Noise maker with 42 wins and 41 of those wins by KO..... You know wetin KO Mean?

He knocked out his opponents.

Samuel Peter (the Nigerian nightmare) is better than and will always be better than Anthony Joshua. Until AJ wins that WBC title from Wilder.
Samuel Peter brought the fight to Nigeria and won.

No wonder AJ wants to set all his title for a shot at Wilders title.
bros how market? Noise maker don fall your hand
Re: Deontay Wilder Vs. Tyson Fury II: (The Unfinished Business) February 22, 2020 by Tonnyray: 8:59am On Feb 23, 2020
Ode noisemaker got beat like a bad child.
See as Fury demolished that lip and jaw.
Wilder needs a Welder urgently. grin

I fit borrow am Aremu my panelbeater grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Deontay Wilder Vs. Tyson Fury II: (The Unfinished Business) February 22, 2020 by Charleys: 9:01am On Feb 23, 2020
Heistman:
bros how market? Noise maker don fall your hand

Yeah na true, maybe him been dey make mouth.
But I believe he lost so he can face Anthony Joshua in the next match.

grin
Re: Deontay Wilder Vs. Tyson Fury II: (The Unfinished Business) February 22, 2020 by fineguy11(m): 10:00am On Feb 23, 2020
salford1:

Seems My niggi Whyte is getting brushed to the side again.
Even If Fury ask for 50-50 with AJ, he deserves it. He is a tested fighter than duckling Wilder grin
It's staying in Britain no matter what. Finally, no more ducking.
I don't think Eddie is honest! We shouldn't expect any unification fight soon. Joushua would rather fight Pulev than step in the ring with the Gypsy king.

Re: Deontay Wilder Vs. Tyson Fury II: (The Unfinished Business) February 22, 2020 by Openbusiness: 10:02am On Feb 23, 2020
[s]
KNIGHTBlaed:

Have you head anyone make mention of lower division fighters when talking about boxing greats. We have so many who have fought harder and better opponents then Money did, but do you hear their names being mentioned with Iron Mike, Ali, Foreman and the great heavyweights? That is why it is called heavyweight and is the elite division of boxing. Now give Mayweather Wilder's body and watch him become slower and see him get beaten to a pulp in heavyweight. I know all about Money, yes. But please respect the divisions too and stop comparing fighters from divisions. If money felt he was the best in the world, he could have taken on Klitchko or Ortiz as they were heavyweight champs when he was champion too. I am not a fan of Wilder but the guy is a beast. We cannot start assuming because how sure are you that Wilder would not have been a better skilled fighters if he has a smaller body?
[/s]
What kind of ridiculous statement is this? Even your entire post shows you don't understand the boxing sport at all. Check out ESPN list of 50 Greatest Boxers of All time, there are middleweight, featherweights, lightweights legendary fighters all in there. The fact you don't know these great boxers and think only heavyweight boxers know how to box means you don't know boxing at all. And the fact that you think when someone is fighting as a heavyweight means he's a good boxer shows I shouldn't even be talking or discussing boxing matters with you because you don't know jack about boxing. Being heavyweight simply means you belong in a particular weight category, has nothing to do with your fighting skills. Any boxer that weighs above 81kg is in heavyweight class, has nothing to do with whether he can box or not. Google the internet for top 10 greatest boxers of all time, every boxing body, boxing sport pundit, boxing promotion etc, all of their lists, legendary boxers like Mayweather, Oscar De La Hoya, Julio Chavez (world record holder of most successful title defense in boxing history) etc, will always make the Top 10 lists of GOAT boxers, and these guys are not in heavyweight division. And since you don't know people like this, then forget it, you don't know boxing. Abeg shift let me talk to people wey sabi boxing jare, thanks cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Deontay Wilder Vs. Tyson Fury II: (The Unfinished Business) February 22, 2020 by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 10:23am On Feb 23, 2020
Charleys:

Yeah na true, maybe him been dey make mouth.
But I believe he lost so he can face Anthony Joshua in the next match.

grin

Lol. Joshua cannot take that risk and it is almost impossible for that fight to happen if Wilder does not have his title back. Do you think if AJ had not won his titles back from Ruiz that Wilder will even dream of fighting AJ? Wilder already had agreement with Ruiz for them to fight for the unification should Ruiz win his defence against AJ.

This is boxing where you fight to win titles and not fighting to know who is better. As boxers I can beat you today and you beat me tomorrow. A lot of factors comes into play in boxing. As a champion, you only fight the mandatory challenger and not who you wish to fight. Those fighting when there is to title involved are fighting to become challenger number 1 which is the mandatory challenger. AJ is not fighting Pulev because Pulev is the mandatory challenger for this title. If he decides not to fight that fight, he gets stripped of the title.

As much as we all want to see a unification fight, it cannot happen this year and that is because AJ has to defend his titles against mandatory challenges for each titles he owns. For Fury, his mandatory opponent should be Dalian Whyte. Wilder has been ducking Whyte as he knows he would get beat by Whyte. Dalian Whyte is the most underestimated heavyweight fighter as he is in the same class as AJ, Wilder and Fury.

So as it is, Wilder will never see AJ to fight until he wins his title back and fights for a unification, or he goes back to climb the ladder to become number 1 challenger

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deontay Wilder Vs. Tyson Fury II: (The Unfinished Business) February 22, 2020 by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 10:25am On Feb 23, 2020
fineguy11:
I don't think Eddie is honest! We shouldn't expect any unification fight soon. Joushua would rather fight Pulev than step in the ring with the Gypsy king.

It is not his choice to fight Pulev. He would have loved rather for a third fight with Ruiz. But it is compulsory he fights Pulev or give up his titles.
Re: Deontay Wilder Vs. Tyson Fury II: (The Unfinished Business) February 22, 2020 by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 10:29am On Feb 23, 2020
salford1:

Dude na proper kraze guy. He has to be the most ambitious boxer of this era. He wants to fight everyone. grin
Atleast he will let Wilder rest small now grin
" Mondotry" grin

You are underrating the body snatcher? Whyte is as good of better than the top 3. He is a solid fighter also and all 3 have been ducking him. He has been number 1 challenger for Wilders title but Wilder has been ducking him. As good as Fury is, the only fighter I would tip to beat him is Whyte. That would be an explosive fight.
Re: Deontay Wilder Vs. Tyson Fury II: (The Unfinished Business) February 22, 2020 by Openbusiness: 10:30am On Feb 23, 2020
Fineman87:

Scatter what? I need not explain to you how contract works. Fury is a better boxer but Wilder the the real champion at heart.
I TOLD YOU SO! See Hearn's post below. When DAZN is talking shit happens, lol. They are the biggest money promoters in boxing today. Paid $1billion to get AJ from Showtime, is one billion dollars beans? $1billion dollar 8 year contract with AJ's promoter Matchroom Boxing. The Hearns offered Wilder $100m for a 3 fight contract, 2 with AJ and one for the road, dummy Wilder turned it down, says if he waits longer he will get more from them like $400m. The mumu boy must be crying now after he lost his belt, not just because Fury beat him, but also because no way the Hearns will offer him $100m again. The biggest money of his life. After this loss, even Showtime/Fox can't pay him $20m again, they lost money on his last fight with Ortiz. Wilder will go back to being a $2m fighter. Ooiin, heavyweight boxing is sweet again cheesy

Re: Deontay Wilder Vs. Tyson Fury II: (The Unfinished Business) February 22, 2020 by Horus(m): 10:41am On Feb 23, 2020
Re: Deontay Wilder Vs. Tyson Fury II: (The Unfinished Business) February 22, 2020 by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 10:53am On Feb 23, 2020
Openbusiness:
[s][/s]
What kind of ridiculous statement is this? Even your entire post shows you don't understand the boxing sport at all. Check out ESPN list of 50 Greatest Boxers of All time, there are middleweight, featherweights, lightweights legendary fighters all in there. The fact you don't know these great boxers and think only heavyweight boxers know how to box means you don't know boxing at all. And the fact that you think when someone is fighting as a heavyweight means he's a good boxer shows I shouldn't even be talking or discussing boxing matters with you because you don't know jack about boxing. Being heavyweight simply means you belong in a particular weight category, has nothing to do with your fighting skills. Any boxer that weighs above 81kg is in heavyweight class, has nothing to do with whether he can box or not. Google the internet for top 10 greatest boxers of all time, every boxing body, boxing sport pundit, boxing promotion etc, all of their lists, legendary boxers like Mayweather, Oscar De La Hoya, Julio Chavez (world record holder of most successful title defense in boxing history) etc, will always make the Top 10 lists of GOAT boxers, and these guys are not in heavyweight division. And since you don't know people like this, then forget it, you don't know boxing. Abeg shift let me talk to people wey sabi boxing jare, thanks cheesy

Oga know it all. I will not even waste my time arguing with you since you claim you know it all already.
First let me tell you that never in my years of following boxing have I heard anyone compare fighters from different divisions. Your oversabi made you compare them as na you know it all. Then, since na you know GOAT boxers, Congratulations. Never in my years of following boxing have I seen a list of 5, 10, 15, 20 GOAT boxers containing all categories of boxing. There can be a list of GOAT boxers for Lightweight division and that would different from Cruiser weight and Light Heavyweight and Heavyweight and the list goes on, so for your oversabiness where you have your own list that would place Mayweather over Mohammed Ali because Mayweather has a perfect 50 to 0 record, na you sabi that one. Every division has it's greats and never will you find a comparison of Mayweather and even a Lightweight fighter. I assume since you know it all, you already know this. grin grin grin grin The day Mayweather changes division and fights in the Heavyweight division, then we can compare him and Wilder. Probably you do not know that Wilder has the greatest KO% in boxing history.

When we talk about Heavyweight, I repeat, we are talking about the elite level of boxing. ELITE is the keyword. I believe you didn't watch Mayweather's fight from fight 1, even if you might want to claim oversabiness, you didnt. Now, permit me to say that there is more to boxing than what we watch and follow, probably you know that already. Mayweather reigned supreme because he was champ at a time Europe was dominating the Heavyweight and trust America to always bring someone better to promote and make the face of boxing. Canelo is doing excellently well at the moment, but we are not hearing so much about him. He even moved up the division and won his last match at the Light Heavyweight division. Also permit me to say that Mayweather also fought 80% bums. He fought Manny when Manny was out of his prime and making a comeback. Maybe I don't know anything. But please don't ever compare Mayweather with any other Heavyweight Champion. Mayweather is a champion and the greatest for his own division and Heavyweight is a different division all together. Besides, unless you want to compare win % for all divisions, then stop what you are doing, you are ruining the sport

1 Like

Re: Deontay Wilder Vs. Tyson Fury II: (The Unfinished Business) February 22, 2020 by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 10:58am On Feb 23, 2020
Openbusiness:

I TOLD YOU SO! See Hearn's post below. When DAZN is talking shit happens, lol. They are the biggest money promoters in boxing today. Paid $1billion to get AJ from Showtime, is one billion dollars beans? $1billion dollar 8 year contract with AJ's promoter Matchroom Boxing. The Hearns offered Wilder $100m for a 3 fight contract, 2 with AJ and one for the road, dummy Wilder turned it down, says if he waits longer he will get more from them like $400m. The mumu boy must be crying now after he lost his belt, not just because Fury beat him, but also because no way the Hearns will offer him $100m again. The biggest money of his life. After this loss, even Showtime/Fox can't pay him $20m again, they lost money on his last fight with Ortiz. Wilder will go back to being a $2m fighter. Ooiin, heavyweight boxing is sweet again cheesy

I beg to differ, it was not all down to the money. Hearn and AJ wanted the fight to be in the UK but Wilder was demanding it should be in the US, that was where the disagreement started from.
Re: Deontay Wilder Vs. Tyson Fury II: (The Unfinished Business) February 22, 2020 by Abortedfetus(m): 10:58am On Feb 23, 2020
Bomgirl:

See trouble o!! grin grin grin
You guys are serious.
na so now.
We had to pause our morning safety Brief to watch the match.
The Americans on board our vessel were just jumping up and down.
Very thrilling.

1 Like

Re: Deontay Wilder Vs. Tyson Fury II: (The Unfinished Business) February 22, 2020 by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 11:01am On Feb 23, 2020
Openbusiness:

But seriously, Hearn sabi cause wahala. 2 of his fighters are mandatory challengers, I don't see why he is pushing for the unification when he knows his fighter is in line to challenge Fury or Wilder. He's only after his own pocket. We need a unification, but Whyte should be given a shot at the title, it's long overdue
Re: Deontay Wilder Vs. Tyson Fury II: (The Unfinished Business) February 22, 2020 by Horus(m): 11:18am On Feb 23, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6bWYbikn0I

Lennox Lewis Reacts to Tyson Fury's Tko Win Over Deontay Wilder "I Wasnt Surprised!"
Re: Deontay Wilder Vs. Tyson Fury II: (The Unfinished Business) February 22, 2020 by budaatum: 11:25am On Feb 23, 2020

1 Like

Re: Deontay Wilder Vs. Tyson Fury II: (The Unfinished Business) February 22, 2020 by DSHADOWWALKER: 11:33am On Feb 23, 2020
gargoylern:

Most people don't realize it, but Mayweather is probably one of the best punchers to ever live. He just has too much mouth and is not humble, so he'll never be seen as "great" like Ali and Frazier.

You certainly know nothing about Mohammed ali for you to say this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deontay Wilder Vs. Tyson Fury II: (The Unfinished Business) February 22, 2020 by Unclesamo(m): 12:13pm On Feb 23, 2020
Enwhen:

Wilder will kill Furry .....I pity Furry in advance...

. U said
Re: Deontay Wilder Vs. Tyson Fury II: (The Unfinished Business) February 22, 2020 by Enwhen(m): 12:18pm On Feb 23, 2020
Unclesamo:

U said

Show biz.... Just imagine, Furry beat Wilder , big lie...Boxing is now Wrestling....
Re: Deontay Wilder Vs. Tyson Fury II: (The Unfinished Business) February 22, 2020 by Dbeautyy(m): 12:54pm On Feb 23, 2020
Enwhen:

Show biz.... Just imagine, Furry beat Wilder , big lie...Boxing is now Wrestling....

Ahh, fear God na. I guess you didn't watch the match probably you listen to the commentary on Eko Fm.
Didn't you see the way red ink was coming out of Wilder's lips? Yet you called that match a show biz. Hm

Me, I fear God o.
Re: Deontay Wilder Vs. Tyson Fury II: (The Unfinished Business) February 22, 2020 by Enwhen(m): 1:11pm On Feb 23, 2020
Dbeautyy:

Ahh, fear God na. I guess you didn't watch the match probably you listen to the commentary on Eko Fm.
Didn't you see the way red ink was coming out of Wilder's lips? Yet you called that match a show biz. Hm

Me, I fear God o.

I have stopped following boxing...finally

Permanently in football..Chelsea for life!!!
Re: Deontay Wilder Vs. Tyson Fury II: (The Unfinished Business) February 22, 2020 by Dbeautyy(m): 1:49pm On Feb 23, 2020
Enwhen:

I have stopped following boxing...finally

Permanently in football..Chelsea for life!!!

Why?

Well, we all have our preferences. As for me I don't fancy watching television, but that does not me I don't watch at all.
Re: Deontay Wilder Vs. Tyson Fury II: (The Unfinished Business) February 22, 2020 by themonk(m): 1:58pm On Feb 23, 2020
BluntBoy:

How market?

I have said it here countless times that Wilder is a fraud, and Fury is the greatest of this generation.

It was the same thing I said about Anthony Joshua. I called him a big fraud, but many Nigerians came for my head. In the end, he was exposed by Ruiz who literally used him to wipe the floor.

Now, when next I talk boxing, you must either pay attention in silence or you don't comment trash.

Nonsense!!!
Oga calm down, I never said Fury or Wilder werent great figthers, I only spoke about thre last fight.
Re: Deontay Wilder Vs. Tyson Fury II: (The Unfinished Business) February 22, 2020 by Enwhen(m): 2:26pm On Feb 23, 2020
Dbeautyy:

Why?

Well, we all have our preferences. As for me I don't fancy watching television, but that does not me I don't watch at all.

If not for sports games and foreign news...I DONT HAVE ANYTHING WITH THE TV...throughout my 5years in school , I watched TV twice, Chelsea vs Bayern UCL final and Nig vs Boukina final ... but for Boxing, the end... Maybe because Wilder Dare God , that's y he lose, but I'm done with boxing , football is more real.

1 Like

Re: Deontay Wilder Vs. Tyson Fury II: (The Unfinished Business) February 22, 2020 by Dude1993(m): 2:41pm On Feb 23, 2020
Enwhen:

If not for sports games and foreign news...I DONT HAVE ANYTHING WITH THE TV...throughout my 5years in school , I watched TV twice, Chelsea vs Bayern UCL final and Nig vs Boukina final ... but for Boxing, the end... Maybe because Wilder Dare God , that's y he lose, but I'm done with boxing , football is more real.

You are on point bro,the day wilder said "Even God can't save fury" in the rematch ,that was when I gave the winning ticket to Fury.
Re: Deontay Wilder Vs. Tyson Fury II: (The Unfinished Business) February 22, 2020 by Nobody: 2:50pm On Feb 23, 2020
Openbusiness:

So a post from Eddie Hearn is now a Deal. You are a slowpoke. Please swerve.
Re: Deontay Wilder Vs. Tyson Fury II: (The Unfinished Business) February 22, 2020 by Unclesamo(m): 3:33pm On Feb 23, 2020
Enwhen:

lol..
no nah d beating was real ooo.... now all those Hollywood scripts Wey WWE dey act upandan
Re: Deontay Wilder Vs. Tyson Fury II: (The Unfinished Business) February 22, 2020 by Enwhen(m): 3:43pm On Feb 23, 2020
Unclesamo:

lol..
no nah d beating was real ooo.... now all those Hollywood scripts Wey WWE dey act upandan

I don't want to believe is real or maybe it's because Wilder dared God.

1 Like

Re: Deontay Wilder Vs. Tyson Fury II: (The Unfinished Business) February 22, 2020 by Gidelodoi(m): 3:54pm On Feb 23, 2020
‘I’ve already spoken to Anthony Joshua, he wants Fury next!' - AJ's agent and promoter Eddie Hearn says after Fury's win over Wilder
Click to read full gist/new: https://www.gd9ja.com.ng/2020/02/ive-already-spoken-to-anthony-joshua-he.html

https://www.gd9ja.com.ng/2020/02/ive-already-spoken-to-anthony-joshua-he.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Photo Of Mikel Obi And His Daughter Cooking / Donald Trump's Family Pose With Kylian Mbappe In Qatar (Photos) / Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.