Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,145 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Union Bank Is On Strike? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Union Bank Is On Strike? (7635 Views)

Help! First Bank Is Charging Me Monthly Withdrawal Fee On My Savings Acct!! / Victor Ezenwoko Of Diamond Bank Is Dead (Lagos ED) / Dead Man Withdraws N4.3M From Union Bank In Kaduna: Mysterious (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Union Bank Is On Strike? by abbyode(m): 5:18pm On Dec 14, 2010
I just heard and confirmed from a friend that union bank is on strike from today.
Na wa ooo, wonders shall never end in Nigeria !
How can a bank go on strike?
Re: Union Bank Is On Strike? by GeeCee(m): 5:58pm On Dec 14, 2010
I got 2 their Chevron Lekki branch only to be turnd back at d gate dat d bank is on strike.
Wat is d reason 4 d strike?
Re: Union Bank Is On Strike? by michaelsch: 10:43pm On Dec 14, 2010
How could it be? and Why is it happened?
Re: Union Bank Is On Strike? by Carlc: 1:22am On Dec 15, 2010
i heard about it and from a reliable source, they are trying to undo some of the inhumane doings of the CEO, Osibodu
Re: Union Bank Is On Strike? by violent(m): 1:28am On Dec 15, 2010
A bank goes on strike?  shocked shocked shocked
Re: Union Bank Is On Strike? by kayc33(m): 1:59am On Dec 15, 2010
shocked only in my beloved country kiss
Re: Union Bank Is On Strike? by xammy(m): 2:07am On Dec 15, 2010
part of her reform is to stop them 4rm going on strike, truly Union Bank (Ministry of Finance) urgently need reform, it's only that the staff are fighting back which to me does not make sense.
Re: Union Bank Is On Strike? by OvieE: 2:08am On Dec 15, 2010
Banks are private entity. Can the a useless bank go on strike.
It's a shame and embarrassing to even a bank is on strike.
Re: Union Bank Is On Strike? by consultmartins(m): 2:26am On Dec 15, 2010
It seems you are all chicken hearted. Ye men of little faith, why are you all panicking? Have you forgotten that Nigeria is a country where the unimaginable is the norm. Welcome to the country where 3 month old babies struggle for their daily bread from their mother's bosom; a country where 10 year old kids smoke marijuana with reckless abandon and where 12 year old girls become pregnant. A country where over N600million is used for renovating a single apartment; a country where our pot bellied law makers engage in a free for all without recourse. Welcome to the country where the abnormal is the norm.

As for Union bank, i see nothing wrong in them going on strike. I expected them to fold up but i am surprised they are still allowed to crawl instead of being crushed. That bank is worth scrapping. LOL.

Re: Union Bank Is On Strike? by doctorT(m): 3:00am On Dec 15, 2010
^^^^ Though I quite agreed with some of your comments but its not only in Nigeria that happens. Even in the UK, 12 years old girls get pregnant and others.

Reformation of Union Bank is long overdue. The bank staffs behaves exactly like the local Government workers.
Re: Union Bank Is On Strike? by Anoruo(m): 3:02am On Dec 15, 2010
i cant even believe that there still people banking with them,
Re: Union Bank Is On Strike? by Ndipe(m): 3:13am On Dec 15, 2010
Na new thing for Naija?, as far back as 94, banks used to go on strike thereby frustrating people's chances of withdrawing money from their account.
Re: Union Bank Is On Strike? by kcjazz(m): 4:32am On Dec 15, 2010
I am more surprised that Union Bank still exists
Re: Union Bank Is On Strike? by TLU(m): 6:00am On Dec 15, 2010
What's the reason for the strike? Someone, pray, tell.
Re: Union Bank Is On Strike? by HkEbuka(m): 6:02am On Dec 15, 2010
Has the Bank Fallen to this extent, i think they are the most old fashioned bank in Nigeria.
Re: Union Bank Is On Strike? by dotmana1: 6:28am On Dec 15, 2010
Nairalanders!
People should just watch the kind of comments on some serious issue.
This is the new trnd of what is happening in the banking industry.
They were on strike basically because of the havoc the Managing director has caused in the bank.
Who told you the bank is on the verge of collapsing?
You beta pray that this Lamido guy will not succeed on the script he is reading to sell the bank cheaply
as THEY proclaim that the bank is .
THE STRIKE IS ORCHESTRATED BY LAMIDO SOLUTION.
Re: Union Bank Is On Strike? by osasyankee(m): 6:49am On Dec 15, 2010
dotman_a:

Nairalanders!
They were on strike basically because of the havoc the Managing director has caused in the bank.
You beta pray that this Lamido guy will not succeed on the script he is reading to sell the bank cheaply

grin With this your fallacious info, I think you will do a better job working with Sahara reporters grin
Re: Union Bank Is On Strike? by osasyankee(m): 6:53am On Dec 15, 2010
dotman_a:

Nairalanders!

grin With this your fallacious info, I think you will do a better job working with Sahara reporters grin
Re: Union Bank Is On Strike? by slyopez(m): 7:04am On Dec 15, 2010
Inassdd
Re: Union Bank Is On Strike? by dotmana1: 7:10am On Dec 15, 2010
@Osasyankee
If u dont have any meaningful contribution here,please find something better to do.
This is Wednesday morning.
Your assignment-Find out what happened and revert.
Re: Union Bank Is On Strike? by Frank3n2(m): 7:13am On Dec 15, 2010
for what? They just want to suffer their customers. Hope they resolve it fast.
Re: Union Bank Is On Strike? by apoti(m): 7:20am On Dec 15, 2010
dotman_a:

Nairalanders!

guy u dey vex o, or are you d one leading the strike? grin
Re: Union Bank Is On Strike? by rotimiland(m): 7:23am On Dec 15, 2010
It reminds me of their old advert tail end - Union Bank, Big , Strong, Reliable.
Where is the size, strength and reliability?  lipsrsealed
Re: Union Bank Is On Strike? by chukz4real(m): 7:25am On Dec 15, 2010
Hmmm, just hope they call off their strike before next Tuesday
Re: Union Bank Is On Strike? by bibelo: 7:37am On Dec 15, 2010
Most of u do not know d politics involved.let me give a few hints to the problems.1 union bank is d major competitor to first bank where sanusi comes from 2.union bank does charge ridiculous charges ur new generation banks such as the gtbs charge.3.they want to kill bank by retrenching d best brains of d bank and hiring people frm failed banks in place of them which accounts for d poor services u are recieving cos b4 d retrenchment union bank was d best administratively which sanusi can attest to.4.madam osibodu is milking d bank resources by collecting N1 million every friday for the weekend.5 the problem of union bank stated when it acquired broad bank which had no assets at all only liabilities and absolved broad banks staff,also paying them on a scale higher than wat it pays its original staff.6.the retrenched staffs have not bn paid their entitlements despite disengaging and also short paying and the management embezzled the staffs entitlements.THIS IS A FEW OF THE REASONS AND SOME ARE HIGHLY CLASSIFIED.
Re: Union Bank Is On Strike? by Emperoh(m): 7:41am On Dec 15, 2010
Only those in the know of the internal wrangling in this bank will realise that the purge madam Osibodu is doing is long over-due!!!

That bank needs to re-engineer itself!!!
Re: Union Bank Is On Strike? by dotmana1: 7:42am On Dec 15, 2010
@bibelo
You are on course broda.We need the likes of you not people with small brain
Re: Union Bank Is On Strike? by Irk(m): 7:57am On Dec 15, 2010
Imagine the nonsense. This is a country planning to be among the biggest economy in some years time and look at wats happening. I weep for our future
Re: Union Bank Is On Strike? by wendoworld(m): 8:00am On Dec 15, 2010
dotman_a:

@bibelo
You are on course broda.We need the likes of you not people with small brain
shattap ja re tongue you couldnt even analyse it the way he did tongue grin
Re: Union Bank Is On Strike? by dotmana1: 8:09am On Dec 15, 2010
@Wendoworld
I reserve my comment for you.small brain
Re: Union Bank Is On Strike? by Jeezy: 8:25am On Dec 15, 2010
As usual, people are always quick to criticize without finding out the facts. Im sure there are GOOD reasons why the staff of the bank decided to go on strike. Its probably the last resort-especially since there is no employee right protection in this country, Until people begin to assert their rights, things will continue to decline.

I work in a bank, and i have a fair idea of how 'management' can stuff their foreign bank accounts with all kinds of dodgy 'allowances' while cutting the salaries of the staff at the same time. U'll be suprised to know the extent to which the senior management of banks line their pockets at the expense of the staff that do the real work. Its unfair, to say the least.

Ifthe information posted by bibelo is true, how can an MD take 1 million every Friday?. I know its possible, cos ive seen worse things happen in the banking industry.

Please let us know the facts before blasting the bank. Going on strike may be the only option left for the staff to force management to even consider their basic rights as employees.
Re: Union Bank Is On Strike? by odedele: 8:35am On Dec 15, 2010
sanusi's appointed managers of dis banks r out 2 wreck d banks. from PHB 2 FINBANK,OCEANIC ,SPRING D stories r d same.i'm suprise all "perfect "sanusi is turning deaf ears 2 all dis allegations.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Business Can I Do With 200-300k? / Please Are These Fixed Games Vendors Real / Are Olive Trees Grown In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.