Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,219 members, 7,836,064 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva (49877 Views)

Secrecy, Doubts Trail One Billion Barrels Oil Discovery In North / Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC / Oil Discovered In Lagos Water Wells (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by olisaEze(m): 11:51pm On Feb 12, 2020
Ibe Kachikwu came with these same lines when he served as Min. Of State for Petroleum.

Can we now peacefully revert back to the original regional style of governance? Develop and sustain ur region with ur pocket.

But not before u pay the SS for using theirs so wastefully all these years. You know, just for equity sake. grin

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by grandstar(m): 11:52pm On Feb 12, 2020
If Nigeria was a country of 10m, this should be exciting news.

For Nigeria, a country of 190m people to be jubilant finding 1billion barrels of crude because the resource contributes over 70% of the government's revenue is lamentable. Britain, with a population of 66m, has a budget of 842billion pounds. That is more than double Nigeria's GDP.

It even produces crude oil but it is hardly ever mentioned in the revenue projections. It probably contributes no more than 2% of the country's budget.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by Btruth: 11:54pm On Feb 12, 2020
Good news to the north. They now have reason to be separated. I wish them good luck.
But wait ooo..... How will dey now export the oil since there's no sea/ocean in the north?
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by netflicks(m): 11:56pm On Feb 12, 2020
Can Nigeria now break in peace ? The oil that has been the bedrock of crime in the country has been discovered in the North so please can Nigeria break in peace now ?

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by IntellectOzone(m): 11:58pm On Feb 12, 2020
[s]
budaatum:

Other nations except the United States of America!
[/s]
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by einsteine(m): 12:04am On Feb 13, 2020
Audio oil
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by Ykc2(m): 12:05am On Feb 13, 2020
usba:
Here to read some Major Pains.
audio oil like the one they found in lagos till today we dont know how many barrels is been produced there every day,I repeat Audio oil
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by Tannhauser(m): 12:09am On Feb 13, 2020
gbagyiza:

I am from the North, all these r lies n conspiracy to continue to hold d country down. If North truly discovered oil, it will be hidden n suddenly they will be pushing for a breakup. But with this noise, they just want to strategies because they realised that the call for a breakup is seriously heating up down there in the south.

Too much sense no go kill you. Nuff said.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by kikake: 12:13am On Feb 13, 2020
dre11:

https://dailynigerian.com/over-1-billion-barrels-of-crude-oil-discovered-in-the-north-says-minister/

Bayelsa oil state man but Minister of State for Petroleum.

If you are Minister for Petroleum making this announcement, we for take you serious.

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by Dedetwo(m): 12:18am On Feb 13, 2020
I want the northern region of Nigeria to be flooded with crude oil so that we can deliberate how to go our separate ways in peace. Whatever it takes within my powers to disintegrate the shithole called Nigeria, I shall do.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by lormarx: 12:22am On Feb 13, 2020
dre11:

https://dailynigerian.com/over-1-billion-barrels-of-crude-oil-discovered-in-the-north-says-minister/
its better to dump the south as they now have this stagaring quantity of oil at there disposal.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by feedthenation(m): 12:23am On Feb 13, 2020
The North are free to drink their 1 billion barrels of oil
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by Dedetwo(m): 12:33am On Feb 13, 2020
kikake:

Bayelsa oil state man but Minister of State for Petroleum.

If you are Minister for Petroleum making this announcement, we for take you serious.

He is a willing tool and must be met with treatment of a toilet paper. There are bunch of them from his neighborhood.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by Samoluwatoyin: 12:50am On Feb 13, 2020
We shall see !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by executive12: 12:59am On Feb 13, 2020
Good news. Maybe with this news, the North will finally embrace restructuring.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by Originalsly: 12:59am On Feb 13, 2020
Just watching how sooo many people sooo gullible..... and the politicians know that very well. One billion barrels of oil in the north..... and people shouting good news! Did he personally discovered it last night?... maybe under his house? Fools everywhere.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by executive12: 1:05am On Feb 13, 2020
Jack500:
Glory to God, can we now divide this country now, I dont want Fulani terrorist in our land, likewise I dont want the ibo fugitives and parasites.

Only Omoluabi should stay in the 6 south west state.

Divide the damn contraption.

God bless Southwest.
God bless Oduduwa republic.

Last time the Igbos tried leaving the shithole, it's still the confused ones like you that took up arms against them.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by gaskiyamagana: 1:09am On Feb 13, 2020
Simplyleo:

Anyone holding you?
Yes.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by bigtt76(f): 2:23am On Feb 13, 2020
I hope it's not the pipeline from South South to Kaduna refinery that got burst and leaked crude oil to the ground deep that they're claiming tongue North that has no vegetation ow come?

dre11:

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by cuteboy2: 2:42am On Feb 13, 2020
donbachi:
1 billion barrels of tomato oil.

Lol ���
Maybe he meant 1 billion barrels of groundnut oil
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by ensamy(m): 2:59am On Feb 13, 2020
Although it's a major lie, but now that the oil has been discovered can the north divorce us so we can have peace in our own country shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked since they now have what is binding us together.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by EgunMogaji2: 3:01am On Feb 13, 2020
It doesn't matter at this point in life.

Crude oil is not a dirty word.

The exploration money should be spent on solar and wind farms.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by AFONJACOW(m): 3:20am On Feb 13, 2020
Paper crude oil ... Nah this ediot they bring this time around to lie to sai barbar Zone-B followers We all knw northern is landlocked, cursed and will forever remain oil barren till Jesus comes

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by AreaFada2: 3:41am On Feb 13, 2020
gidgiddy:
I hope its true so that they can finally declare Arewa Republic which they have long delayed because of the Oil in the South

My prayer is that they should discover 100 billion barrels in Sambisa Forest. So that Arewa can end Boko Haram terrorism and will finally walk away from Nigeria. They need to sort out the 87% of the poor people they contribute to Nigeria's poorest population. They'll need that much oil.

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by ikorodureporta: 4:09am On Feb 13, 2020
oil wey Boko don dey drill since
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by Benwallt(m): 5:14am On Feb 13, 2020
The Northerners are pressing this one's neck to get words out of him.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by ajl: 5:17am On Feb 13, 2020
The people running Nigeria are not wise. Why would a minister disclose to the world that an area of the country facing insurgency with a territorial
implication contains huge reserve oil. This would be more motivation for Boko Haram as well as enemy countries like France, Turkey and others to continue to fund them with hope of cashing in later. This man has no clue. No power of foresight, nothing.

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by Annie939(f): 5:21am On Feb 13, 2020
apc and scam are like bread and butter

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by silverkings: 5:52am On Feb 13, 2020
Lanre4uonly:
That's a good news. Anyway, fingers crossed.
r
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:11am On Feb 13, 2020
Mathscum:
At last they can now divide the country

Really?

And create a landlocked northern Nigeria?

How will the tankers reach the oilfields?

No matter what, they got oil, but no coastline, they must pipe the oil, right?

Through where?

Benin Republic?

We siddon dey look, naa!
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:12am On Feb 13, 2020
ajl:
The people running Nigeria are not wise. Why would a minister disclose to the world that an area of the country facing insurgency with a territorial
implication contains huge reserve oil. This would be more motivation for Boko Haram as well as enemy countries like France, Turkey and others to continue to fund them with hope of cashing in later. This man has no clue. No power of foresight, nothing.

I tell you, APC is full of dumdums!

A region full of rebels, fa!

The wolves will begin to offer Shekau arms, ordnance and training in exchange for a juicy cut of the revenue and a massive pipeline deal through their vassal territories like Cameroon.

That's if the story's true, though.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by xelly: 6:23am On Feb 13, 2020
Oya, give me one oil well make I know say you sure pass.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buratai: I Won’t Return To Abuja Until Boko Haram Is Defeated / Brigadier’s Convoy Jumps Red Light, Hits Obafemi Hamzat’s Convoy / Picture Of Buhari And Ministers Who Are Leaving The Cabinet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.