Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,282 members, 7,836,254 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva (49879 Views)

Secrecy, Doubts Trail One Billion Barrels Oil Discovery In North / Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC / Oil Discovered In Lagos Water Wells (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by 9jaRealist: 6:28am On Feb 13, 2020
Amotolongbo:
When other nations are looking away from crude oil as the only source of revenue, we keep on making explorations of crude oil with part of the resources we have.

Yes, we should diversify away from oil as virtually our "only" revenue source, but NOT from crude exploration..

The US (a leader in renewable energy development) has INCREASED its exploration, even into previously protected areas...
Meanwhile, leading environmentalist nations like Norway and Canada issued their HIGHEST-EVER exploration licenses in 2019.

>
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by membranus: 6:33am On Feb 13, 2020
ikorodureporta:
oil wey Boko don dey drill since

Hen en, na true o. So dats where dem get money to buy all thos munitions.

Ol'boy sense no go kill u.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by 9jaRealist: 6:41am On Feb 13, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
It doesn't matter at this point in life.

Crude oil is not a dirty word.

The exploration money should be spent on solar and wind farms.
GamalNasser:
The era of oil is gone , the UK has announced 2035 as the year to stop the sale of petrol engine vehicles . You will not see any IOC invest in that useless oil from the north

Car engines are NOT the only consumers of petroleum (and hybrids use petrol anyway)...

The US (a leader in renewable energy development) has INCREASED its exploration, even into previously protected areas...
Meanwhile, leading environmentalist nations like Norway and Canada issued their HIGHEST-EVER exploration licenses in 2019.
>
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by Nneziwili(m): 6:42am On Feb 13, 2020
HisSexcellency:
Found oil in which state and in what local government
All these political statements just to justify the enormous amount of money spent drilling dust in the North.
oil has been found in Kolmani, a border town between Bauchi and Gombe state.

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by Codes151(m): 6:49am On Feb 13, 2020
We keep looking for oil we can’t even manage
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by MrFly(m): 6:50am On Feb 13, 2020
i see an asslicker impressing his paymasters. Wetin u gain
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by 9jaRealist: 6:52am On Feb 13, 2020
nairalandbuzz:

USA wants to stop importation of Oil, so they discovered oil for themselves... By fracking

So not to export

The US exports more than THREE TIMES the amount of oil that Nigeria does - 7.6 million per day in 2018!
>
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by 9jaRealist: 6:55am On Feb 13, 2020
grandstar:
If Nigeria was a country of 10m, this should be exciting news.

For Nigeria, a country of 190m people to be jubilant finding 1billion barrels of crude because the resource contributes over 70% of the government's revenue is lamentable. Britain, with a population of 66m, has a budget of 842billion pounds. That is more than double Nigeria's GDP.

It even produces crude oil but it is hardly ever mentioned in the revenue projections. It probably contributes no more than 2% of the country's budget.

People in the UK pay taxes...
And are PRODUCTIVE, rather than sharing money.

Nonetheless, North Sea oil SAVED the UK economy...
Before then, the UK was in rapid economic DECLINE!
>
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by Princeton92(m): 7:00am On Feb 13, 2020
After so much transportation of our 'CRUDE OIL' to the North, that dry land?

You contribute for them na, that's why you got your seat, Mr Sylva!
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by Nobody: 7:10am On Feb 13, 2020
grandstar:
If Nigeria was a country of 10m, this should be exciting news.

For Nigeria, a country of 190m people to be jubilant finding 1billion barrels of crude because the resource contributes over 70% of the government's revenue is lamentable. Britain, with a population of 66m, has a budget of 842billion pounds. That is more than double Nigeria's GDP.

It even produces crude oil but it is hardly ever mentioned in the revenue projections. It probably contributes no more than 2% of the country's budget.
Wait don't tell me our GDP is about 200 billion dollars cause that is what I heard.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by sheller(m): 7:11am On Feb 13, 2020
Audio oil :-)
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by Damibiz(m): 7:14am On Feb 13, 2020
Every well Reasoning minded Nigerian Know that they have being Crude oil in the Northeast Just that it is not in Commercial quantity if not ask yourself this question..why is Boko Haram only interested in the northeast ?..they know the Richness of that Region and want to size control so that it will be under their control...any way what do i knw
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by APCNig: 7:24am On Feb 13, 2020
donbachi:
1 billion barrels of tomato oil.

Spit out the hatred which your parents planted in you before it suffocate you to death.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by rummmy: 7:26am On Feb 13, 2020
Positivepoint:
Alot of u guys don't understand why the North has so much Insecurity. The reason is simple the total control of the natural resources of the region. And it's a serious fight between Western countries. They are developing Alqida, ISSI type situation that may engulfed the country in serious crises.

We need to rise up as Nigerians to fight this deadly covert invasion for it will affect us all at the end.

May God help us.
Rise up alone.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by joiyke89: 7:31am On Feb 13, 2020
Audio Oil grin grin grin
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by Jack500: 7:32am On Feb 13, 2020
executive12:

Last time the Igbos tried leaving the shithole, it's still the confused ones like you that took up arms against them.

Lolz, u tried leaving the shit hole, yet the larger % of u are still in the SW and north. I expect all of u to be in ur mud land now, so that Nigerians can take u serious.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by rummmy: 7:32am On Feb 13, 2020
fk002:
If Niger and Chad Republic can discover crude oil then definitely there is crude oil in Northern Nigeria. And we must explore it.
.................if the money wasted so far in oil exploration in the north is used to explore in the south west and south east, by now Nigerian will have enough oik than this but they prefer to waste the money in searching for audio oil up north.... The 1b barrel oil will soon dry up just like that of Lagos shaaaaa
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by EgunMogaji2: 7:36am On Feb 13, 2020
9jaRealist:

Car engines are NOT the only consumers of petroleum (and hybrids use petrol anyway)...

>

I’ve stated my position and I stand by it.

Internal combustion engine is the most used derivative of crude oil.

It and the other uses dies not justify the environmental damage caused by oil extraction and there are clean alternatives to every single derivatives.

I don’t care what Canada does. I care what Nigeria do.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by Blindersoff: 7:38am On Feb 13, 2020
Amotolongbo:
When other nations are looking away from crude oil as the only source of revenue, we keep on making explorations of crude oil with part of the resources we have.

This administration is just so clueless.

No nation has looked away from oil. Oil is still a very high demand commodity because it is used for so many things beside in cars.

What he is talking about is Oil reserves.

United States has one of the highest oil reserves in the world because they buy from others and store it up.

They are doing this for a reason.

Nigeria is diversifying to other areas of economic sustainability but we still need to have reserves just as people need to save up money in the bank.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by 9jaRealist: 7:44am On Feb 13, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
I’ve stated my position and I stand by it.

Internal combustion engine is the most used derivative of crude oil.

It and the other uses dies not justify the environmental damage caused by oil extraction and there are clean alternatives to every single derivatives.

I don’t care what Canada does. I care what Nigeria do.

Strawman Argument....
That was NOT the point you made or the one I commented upon.

As for what Canada and Nigeria does..
EDUCATED Nigerians are voting with their feet which one they prefer what it does! SMH
>
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by Samstrong12(m): 7:45am On Feb 13, 2020
SS and SE politicians should go and buy oil Wells there. It will be a shame if they don't.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by Kingsleyomonua: 7:48am On Feb 13, 2020
Crude oil has become a burden to Nigeria.
Despite the huge reserve in the Niger Delta, there's no comesorate development in that region.
Even if a trillion deposit of crude oil is discovered in the north, with this same crop of leaders, nothing good will come out of it.
Crude oil, in the north, will only result to more billionaires, more money in the vault of banks in SaudI Arabia, in Dubia and other safe haven.
More poverty for the vast majority in that region.
More pollution, more banditry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by 9jaRealist: 7:53am On Feb 13, 2020
Ausrichie:

Wait don't tell me our GDP is about 200 billion dollars cause that is what I heard.

Officially it is ESTIMATED (emphasis added) at between 400-500 billion dollars...

But the reality is that no one knows for sure because the vast majority of Nigerian economic activity is INFORMAL!
Personally, given that informality and prevalence of UNDER-REPORTING in the semi-formal sector, I would guess in the region of 1-1.2 trillion dollars.
>
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by EgunMogaji2: 7:55am On Feb 13, 2020
9jaRealist:

Strawman Argument....
That was NOT the point you made or the one I commented upon.

As for what Canada and Nigeria does..
EDUCATED Nigerians are voting with their feet which one they prefer what it does! SMH
>

The mistake I made was giving you an audience before recognizing your UserID.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by NeoWanZaeed(m): 7:59am On Feb 13, 2020
This news smells fishy
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by mekuso89(m): 8:01am On Feb 13, 2020
1 billion barrel of audio oil
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by Amotolongbo(f): 8:08am On Feb 13, 2020
Blindersoff:

No nation has looked away from oil. Oil is still a very high demand commodity because it is used for so many things beside in cars.

What he is talking about is Oil reserves.

United States has one of the highest oil reserves in the world because they buy from others and store it up.

They are doing this for a reason.

Nigeria is diversifying to other areas of economic sustainability but we still need to have reserves just as people need to save up money in the bank.
Read what you quoted very well.

when other nations are looking away from crude oil as their only source of revenue
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by NaMeAboki: 8:13am On Feb 13, 2020
Sheer painment from the usual quarters.
Lol, E dey sweet me as e dey pain una cheesy grin

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by Blindersoff: 8:14am On Feb 13, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Read what you quoted very well.

when other nations are looking away from crude oil as their only source of revenue

Read what I wrote very well yourself.

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by mechanics(m): 8:45am On Feb 13, 2020
The minister is working.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by Nobody: 9:01am On Feb 13, 2020
9jaRealist:

Officially it is ESTIMATED (emphasis added) at between 400-500 billion dollars...

But the reality is that no one knows for sure because the vast majority of Nigerian economic activity is INFORMAL!
Personally, given that informality and prevalence of UNDER-REPORTING in the semi-formal sector, I would guess in the region of 1-1.2 trillion dollars.
>
We try small na.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva by GamalNasser: 9:10am On Feb 13, 2020
9jaRealist:

>
They are not the only consumers of petroleum but but are substantial consumers of petroleum products which means demand for fosssil fuels will drop greatly and the price of a barrel drop significantly which inturn means oil explorers will opt for Wells with with the cheapest cost of production per barrel which automatically knocks out any oil in the. North because it will be too expensive to produce and evacuate . By 2035 the price of a barrel of oil will be about 20 dollars so where is the north going to see any IOC that will drill oil there when there are far cheaper oil sources out there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buratai: I Won’t Return To Abuja Until Boko Haram Is Defeated / Brigadier’s Convoy Jumps Red Light, Hits Obafemi Hamzat’s Convoy / Picture Of Buhari And Ministers Who Are Leaving The Cabinet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.