Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,097 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

I Have A Job Interview And Its My First,need Advice - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Have A Job Interview And Its My First,need Advice (591 Views)

7 Impressive Questions To Ask In A Job Interview And Why / 4 Funny Ways To Impress Interviewers At Any Interview And Get The Job / Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have A Job Interview And Its My First,need Advice by Thinee(m): 12:39pm On Feb 13, 2020
I recently got a job interview with one of the leading real estate group of company in Nigeria
They need a social media marketer/strategist. got to know about the job from a friend and he gave me the CEO's number directly ...I'm currently in service but will be done next month
I spoke to the CEO,sent my details and answer all necessary question ....i got his message this morning that the HR will call me for an interview, a social media influencer and an IT professional will also be part of the panel that will interview me.....I've been really scared as this is my first interview,tho I've worked in a micro finance bank during my IT days as CRO but I've not really worked as a social media strategist for any organization (PS : I've been into social media marketing on my own for up to 2 years now,so i have an idea of what and what i will be doing)
This is a really big opportunity that came as a surprise to me and i wouldn't want to mess it up,I'm really scared...so please any advice will be highly appreciated
Re: I Have A Job Interview And Its My First,need Advice by mslilybeth(f): 1:28pm On Feb 13, 2020
Thinee:
I recently got a job interview with one of the leading real estate group of company in Nigeria
They need a social media marketer/strategist. got to know about the job from a friend and he gave me the CEO's number directly ...I'm currently in service but will be done next month
I spoke to the CEO,sent my details and answer all necessary question ....i got his message this morning that the HR will call me for an interview, a social media influencer and an IT professional will also be part of the panel that will interview me.....I've been really scared as this is my first interview,tho I've worked in a micro finance bank during my IT days as CRO but I've not really worked as a social media strategist for any organization (PS : I've been into social media marketing on my own for up to 2 years now,so i have an idea of what and what i will be doing)
This is a really big opportunity that came as a surprise to me and i wouldn't want to mess it up,I'm really scared...so please any advice will be highly appreciated
I suggest you calm down, its normal to be nervous in the first ever interview. I passed through the process too and I scaled through even when I knew not much about the job, you can always learn on the job,whatever question they ask and you don't know, tell them you are open to learning it. All the best.
Re: I Have A Job Interview And Its My First,need Advice by Thinee(m): 2:15pm On Feb 13, 2020
mslilybeth:
I suggest you calm down, its normal to be nervous in the first ever interview. I passed through the process too and I scaled through even when I knew not much about the job, you can always learn on the job,whatever question they ask and you don't know, tell them you are open to learning it. All the best.

Thanks alot ❤
Re: I Have A Job Interview And Its My First,need Advice by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 4:09pm On Feb 13, 2020
will advise you get yourself familiar with the job description ahead of the interview and ask yourself questions on the JD ahead, also calm down.
Re: I Have A Job Interview And Its My First,need Advice by ellasky24: 5:52pm On Feb 13, 2020
also note your CV is your interview do not add anything u can't defend on it cos questions will be asked from there

(1) (Reply)

At Last Npower Pays Beneficiaries / The Rules Of The Workplace Are Changing. Here's How. / Chat Operators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.