Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In (100208 Views)

Peter Obi Visits Governor Diri Duoye & Victims Of Flood Disaster In Bayelsa / Diri Duoye Gets Certificate Of Return From INEC / Diri Duoye Celebrating After Supreme Court Victory (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by garfield1: 4:02pm On Feb 13, 2020
noisy45:

It was to right the wrong supreme Court judgement of Imo state
It is not.bayelsa is more important than imo
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by fergie001: 4:03pm On Feb 13, 2020
Congrats Diri and the new Sheriff in town....Dickson/
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by mullerman: 4:05pm On Feb 13, 2020
Wao...unbelievable
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by Nobody: 4:06pm On Feb 13, 2020
edoairways:

Why didn't PDP turn SS to the aforementioned cities?
im trying to tell you that all the money they stole they spend on properties in those places.
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by Renforce: 4:06pm On Feb 13, 2020
anonymous1759:

You're too Dumb. This is 2020 you're still doing party things is Lyon from the North? The Atiku you supported was a former Apc member, why did you vote for him? Better wise up and stop being brainwashed by the politicians. Without individual party will not exist. There's nothing like Demonic party the individuals are the devil.

I just tire for am.
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by bigtt76(f): 4:07pm On Feb 13, 2020
The judgement is flawed because the deputy governor wasn't standing election on a standalone basis and so his qualification shouldn't affect that of the main candidate. If in the case of the running mate to the late governor-elect of Kogi State was not allowed to take over the mandate because he wasn't a sworn-in yet before the death occured, then I see no reason why this should hold. Buh .....this is Nigeria, the result of this wahala will have a lot of input to the Imo State wahala at the Supreme court.....abeg na dem wahala cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by JimohMomoh: 4:07pm On Feb 13, 2020
Wow, so an Urhobo man will now be Deputy governor of Bayelsa State for the first time shocked
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by olajizz01(m): 4:07pm On Feb 13, 2020
CyberWolf:
You’re very wrong. Without deputy, you can’t contest for governorship election.
Yes,but that doesn't say if your deputy committed an offence,they should sacked his principal.It doesn't make sense at all and bad precedent for our justice system.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by rottennaija(m): 4:07pm On Feb 13, 2020
bonnyhope:

We are on the same page

It is by that advice I said He TB JOSHUA was not sure because it was contradicting i.e don't give testimony yet till after inauguration and again advising the same person on how to govern well

We are not. His advice not to give testimony yet was not in the context of how sure he was of being sworn in, but in the context of service delivery to Bayelsans.

My point is, TBJ never saw this coming. In his mind, it was already settled. He was going to be sworn in.
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by NGpatriot: 4:08pm On Feb 13, 2020
garfield1:

There was no forgery in buhari case

Don't mind the illiterate.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by noisy45(m): 4:08pm On Feb 13, 2020
garfield1:
It is not.bayelsa is more important than imo
They don't what APC to have an oil rich state
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by masseratti: 4:08pm On Feb 13, 2020
NORSYK:
I said it last year that the second runner up might end up becoming the governor of bayelsa state if he's a smart politician.

If apc bayelsa feels shortchanged they should protest, nobody will stop them its their rights.

APC Government now has 2 options either to restore Ihedioha and stand a chance of retaking oil rich bayelsa state
show us your last year post. Am not a fan of either APC or pdp.. So show us.
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:08pm On Feb 13, 2020
Angelfrost:

So, you are saying the powers that be chose to sacrifice Bayelsa on the altar of the apex court, in order to solidify their grip on Imo state??!...

This is interesting... But, it begs the question: What's so special about Imo??!
PDP had Governor in every region,APC didn't have a Gov in SE and was termed a regional party.
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by OzilBaba50: 4:09pm On Feb 13, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

Don't mind the illiterate.
[/s]
e pain am well well
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by Sammysparkcutie: 4:10pm On Feb 13, 2020
Reference:
Sad day for democracy. The people of Bayelsa have lost (or been robbed of) a golden opportunity to change the narrative of decades of misrule.

I think good governance has nothing to do with party or party affiliation. We should not write off the PDP candidates, who knows they might actually be the saviors Bayelsans have been clamoring for for over the years. Peace!
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by Fucklove(m): 4:11pm On Feb 13, 2020
This is Victory for Democracy
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by OgaBuhari: 4:15pm On Feb 13, 2020
fatymore:

Come and beat me now tongue
honestly I've lost faith in Nigeria's politics.
whether APC OR PDP they're all the same
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by 1stdammy: 4:15pm On Feb 13, 2020
MrPrsdent:
Wrong judgment.
Even though i'm more aligned with the PDP this judgment is wrong. Same as that of Imo state.

The supreme court should have allowed Lyon to be sworn in and disqualified his deputy. Lyon would then pick another deputy. The people of Bayelsa voted for Lyon, not his deputy.
It doesn't work that way. Remember they contested on a joint ticket. And that is how it as always been, until otherwise stated.
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by IsioStar1: 4:16pm On Feb 13, 2020
Biafrannuke:
Another fake judgement from Fulani cabal

It is a judgement of the Perpetual Injunction Justice oo. Not Fulani this time oo.
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:16pm On Feb 13, 2020
garfield1:
If i am buhari,that judgment will not be obeyed
E pain am.
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by Leeprince: 4:17pm On Feb 13, 2020
Supreme Court of Nigeria is the real fucking inec of this zoo now
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by OgaBuhari: 4:17pm On Feb 13, 2020
PrinceMajestic:
lol, u still cannot change the supreme court decision
I've lost faith in Nigeria.
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by durangokid: 4:18pm On Feb 13, 2020
OzilBaba50:
honestly I'm a pdp but not exited with this news
PDP destroyed Bayelsa so it's just fair APC try
just like imo this is will of people being truncated

but i blame Oshiomole for granting the deputy with forged certificate

just like Zamfara, Rivers APC did themselves here
. Omo, you are not PDP, with your comments, you have said the truth, but this case does not relate with Imo State case
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 4:19pm On Feb 13, 2020
Best news of 2020....PDP Power to the people
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by HRMK: 4:19pm On Feb 13, 2020
hmmm...let us now see apc with their protests,video or sponsored!something tells me the judiciary is working against apc!look at what happened in zamfara,rivers and now bayelsa!!
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by CSTR2: 4:20pm On Feb 13, 2020
Please pray for Jonathan.

Dickson will fucckk him up very well. And I hate Dickson.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by CyberWolf: 4:22pm On Feb 13, 2020
olajizz01:
Yes,but that doesn't say if your deputy committed an offence,they should sacked his principal.It doesn't make sense at all and bad precedent for our justice system.

When you have a deputy/running mate that doesn’t meet the requirements to contest, it means you don’t have a deputy.
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by edoairways: 4:22pm On Feb 13, 2020
isthatso:

im trying to tell you that all the money they stole they spend on properties in those places.
Yeah
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by sundayoluwatimi(m): 4:23pm On Feb 13, 2020
Amazing things happen in this world. Sudden downfall.
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by NORSYK(m): 4:24pm On Feb 13, 2020
masseratti:
show us your last year post. Am not a fan of either APC or pdp.. So show us.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by HRMK: 4:24pm On Feb 13, 2020
two wrongs dont make a right!anything can happen in 9ja!!
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by CyberWolf: 4:25pm On Feb 13, 2020
bigtt76:
The judgement is flawed because the deputy governor wasn't standing election on a standalone basis and so his qualification shouldn't affect that of the main candidate. If in the case of the running mate to the late governor-elect of Kogi State was not allowed to take over the mandate because he wasn't a sworn-in yet before the death occured, then I see no reason why this should hold. Buh .....this is Nigeria, the result of this wahala will have a lot of input to the Imo State wahala at the Supreme court.....abeg na dem wahala cheesy
The Governor-elect was sacked because he doesn’t have a running mate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Nigerians React As MC Oluomo Is Stabbed At APC Lagos Rally. Lands In Hospital / Kwara Poll: Gbemi Saraki Tackles Her Brother, Bukola Saraki (Pix, Video) / EndSARS: Comedian, Mr Macaroni, Other Protesters Stripped, Tied (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.