Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,152 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In (100157 Views)

Peter Obi Visits Governor Diri Duoye & Victims Of Flood Disaster In Bayelsa / Diri Duoye Gets Certificate Of Return From INEC / Diri Duoye Celebrating After Supreme Court Victory (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by eLcastro(m): 2:29pm On Feb 13, 2020
dallyemmy:
MUST WE WAIT UNTIL AFTER ELECTION BEFORE INEC DISCOVERS FALSIFICATION OF INFORMATION?
inec under this administration is a shame

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by Nobody: 2:29pm On Feb 13, 2020
APC used Supreme court steal Imo, PDP uses same supreme Court steal Bayelsa.

1- 1 draw game.

Naija is a joke.
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by Bigwig02(m): 2:29pm On Feb 13, 2020
APC Chairman.. Osho and Committee has failed again...! Lyon and Deputy purchase form, While not do proper screening on both, B4 presenting them as Candidate!

Well the Blind Leading the Blind...!

� Inside Life

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by OzilBaba50: 2:30pm On Feb 13, 2020
garfield1:

Its obvious.she should never have been allowed to head that panel.the connection is too strong
lol they never taught she can turn that

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by franchasng: 2:30pm On Feb 13, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:
That means Tanko is not as biased as we have been led to believe.

The problem now is people will still call him biased.

P.S Slowly we are getting there re rule of law and things being properly done.
cover up to make pepole forget Imo state APC governorship robbery
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by jaxxy(m): 2:31pm On Feb 13, 2020
Not good.
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by Sirdiq21: 2:31pm On Feb 13, 2020
BornagainXtain:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, I'm shocked to the bone that PDP will continue in bayelsa after years of misrule. We bayelsans must protest against this Supreme Court judgment sad
Born a What??Brother I'm from the North But I rejoice with you remember Bayelsa is Bayelsabecause of PDP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by Nobody: 2:31pm On Feb 13, 2020
When will the supreme court sack Buhari undecided

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by Antoeni(m): 2:31pm On Feb 13, 2020
What do you Expect when Mary Odili is there
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by ogbuefi677(m): 2:33pm On Feb 13, 2020
MrPrsdent:
Wrong judgment.
Even though i'm more aligned with the PDP this judgment is wrong. Same as that of Imo state.

The supreme court should have allowed Lyon to be sworn in and disqualified his deputy. Lyon would then pick another deputy. The people of Bayelsa voted for Lyon, not his deputy.
Our constitution states that it is political parties that actually run for elections not individuals.
When such infractions happen,the party suffers

7 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by Nobody: 2:34pm On Feb 13, 2020
franchasng:
cover up to make pepole forget Imo state APC governorship robbery

While I don't have a dog or cockerel in the fight between APC and PDP....Tanko has not been the pro APC judge we expected.

Especially as long before IMO, Zamfara was handed back to PDP.

Even Imo's case...all that was needed was for INEC and Ihedioha to provide proof that elections did not hold in the LG's Uzodinma was parading. Sadly they had no proof, and the case was lost.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by Ykc2(m): 2:34pm On Feb 13, 2020
So holy spirit no tell mbaka this one?
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by luvinhubby(m): 2:34pm On Feb 13, 2020
ojorich:
Who exactly is the electoral umpire in Nigeria, is it INEC or supreme court

Ask me ooo
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by DonroxyII: 2:34pm On Feb 13, 2020
OZAOEKPE:
grin grin

See as deputy use fake result spoil person own
The Governor will not greet the Deputy elect again forever.
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by seunmsg(m): 2:34pm On Feb 13, 2020
Sad as the judgement appears, it is the right thing to do. APC should have done a proper screening for all persons aspiring to fly the party’s flag.

Unfortunately, the people of Bayelsa are the major losers. They voted for a candidate of their choice only for the court to rely on other issues to deny them the governor they voted for. Sad!

6 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by DonroxyII: 2:34pm On Feb 13, 2020
OZAOEKPE:
grin grin
The
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by millionboi2: 2:34pm On Feb 13, 2020
BornagainXtain:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, I'm shocked to the bone that PDP will continue in bayelsa after years of misrule. We bayelsans must protest against this Supreme Court judgment sad
shut up

Thy r all politicians

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by Kingosytex(m): 2:34pm On Feb 13, 2020
mauchiz:
Supreme has has pdp and apc version,
Tanko is Apc
Mary Odili is Pdp,

The supreme Court of Nigeria now declares results.

Naija I dey hail una

You nailed it at the bolded.
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by garfield1: 2:34pm On Feb 13, 2020
OzilBaba50:
lol they never taught she can turn that
This will set bayelsa on fire
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by Reference(m): 2:35pm On Feb 13, 2020
Sad day for democracy. The people of Bayelsa have lost (or been robbed of) a golden opportunity to change the narrative of decades of misrule.
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by millionboi2: 2:35pm On Feb 13, 2020
CHIDOHSKI:
Wonderful supreme court . I urge Nigeria government to scrab INEC and replace with supreme court. Also electorates should cease to vote and let supreme court nominate the leaders for us.
E pain dis one ooo
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by GamalNasser: 2:35pm On Feb 13, 2020
Thank God no Bokoharam party in the SS
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by DonroxyII: 2:35pm On Feb 13, 2020
ojorich:
Who exactly is the electoral umpire in Nigeria, is it INEC or supreme court
INEC is just a referee grin
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by OgaBuhari: 2:35pm On Feb 13, 2020
OZAOEKPE:
grin grin

why didn't they deliver judgement that will only affect him and leave the Innocent Lyon alone?
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by xrayj(m): 2:35pm On Feb 13, 2020
RichDad1:
Where are those PDP miscreants ?? Time to tag US,UN, UK, EU because democracy is in danger.
Lol
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by GamalNasser: 2:36pm On Feb 13, 2020
Reference:
Sad day for democracy. The people of Bayelsa have lost (or been robbed of) a golden opportunity to change the narrative of decades of misrule.

Robbed of what ..please no Bokoharam party in the ss

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by Centcanada: 2:36pm On Feb 13, 2020
Bayelsa remain PDP state. I love this!
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by Urchman200: 2:36pm On Feb 13, 2020
24kmagic:
9ja is the real comedy Central.

I mean, wtf is this?

I'm so disappointed in this judgement, not because I'm from Bayelsa or APC supporter, but because the people's mandate has been stolen.

People weh don run go join APC go still run come back PDP, and the cycle continues.

What sort of a country is this for God's sake?
that is the reason we all should stand for justice at all times not minding whose ass is guard ok,supreme court keep removing the people Choice replacing them with their own, then y do we conduct election and asked the people to vote?
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by Seylad2009(m): 2:37pm On Feb 13, 2020
I don't understand something, I believe we still vote for parties and not individually candidates, so how can a fake credential of an elected deputy affect the governor or the party that won the election.
Can someone please explain or enlighten me on this Supreme Court ruling?
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by Angelfrost(m): 2:37pm On Feb 13, 2020
It will be interesting to see or know if PDP will use the same voice they used in maligning the Apex court, on the issue of IMO state, to equally praise them for handing them Bayelsa...

It's always fun to see people speak from both sides of their mouths...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by OzilBaba50: 2:37pm On Feb 13, 2020
garfield1:

This will set bayelsa on fire
honestly I'm a pdp but not exited with this news
PDP destroyed Bayelsa so it's just fair APC try
just like imo this is will of people being truncated

but i blame Oshiomole for granting the deputy with forged certificate

just like Zamfara, Rivers APC did themselves here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by LZAA: 2:37pm On Feb 13, 2020
Iceberg3:
Lzaa immhotep Biko bia o...is this a joke or something?!?!

Nna,that deputy governor better disappear for him life o!

grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Nigerians React As MC Oluomo Is Stabbed At APC Lagos Rally. Lands In Hospital / Kwara Poll: Gbemi Saraki Tackles Her Brother, Bukola Saraki (Pix, Video) / Olaiya Igwe Campaigning Naked For Tinubu (Video, Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.