Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,652 members, 7,955,364 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:36 AM

Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists - Health (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists (45047 Views)

Have You Heard Of The HPV VACCINE? Get In Here To Protect Our Young Girls / Coronavirus: FG To Ban Inter-State Travel, Close Motor Parks / This Is Where Fat Goes When You Lose Weight, According To Scientists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by aril: 8:07am On Feb 14, 2020
FactBoyz:
Hey people! even if you get the vaccine of the corona virus, DONT EVER SHARE THE INFO WITH FG.. LOCATE WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION AND PUT YOUR PRICE AT A BILLION DOLLARS.

Meanwhile, a scientist was interviewed recently on CNN about their progress in making a vaccine and he said, it would probably take them 6 months to develop one!

Coronavirus Is Biological Warfare Weapon....
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by bigtt76(f): 8:09am On Feb 14, 2020
Now we have every cause to be scared. Shei na our scientists wen never fit manage things well go begin research and in the process release a different strain of virus locally? cheesy

Anyway, we go soon hear those pastors pushing claims and testimonies in churches of being healed cheesy cheesy

We are just a joke

Updated
Didn't even know it was this joker that promised us made in Nigeria pencils #mtscheeeeeeew

Islie:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/fg-to-scientists-discover-conoravirus-vaccine-get-n36m.html
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by temielects(m): 8:11am On Feb 14, 2020
rottennaija:
That's misplaced priority. First of all, how will they test the efficacy of their discoveries? And how will they know it works unless the have an infected patients or the sample of the virus to test it with? How will they get the virus sample to test? You will end of having people who work for their selfish interest thereby working against the interests of the general public.sir you deserve some acolades

This is an unworkable solution.

Why not call for the assembly of the best scientist and biochemist in Nigeria, give them a good lap, feed them, provide 24 hrs electricity with the best electronic gadgets and laboratory equipments and have them work together towards having a solution to the virus?

Common, who advises these people self? They need better advisers.
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by Abeos(m): 8:15am On Feb 14, 2020
rottennaija:

Some years ago, a man claimed he had cure HIV on national TV. Govt delegations visited him and what proof, that's according to the show and he couldn't provide it or wouldn't (maybe he was scared his invention might be stolen from him).

Today, the story is dead. The man, if he had invented the cure to HIV would be swimming in cash today. My point is, any inventor wouldn't want to send his inventions to another place to be tested when he isn't there and where the idea can be stolen.

Your discovery is as good as void if he can't be confirmed by an independent body. Same goes for many untested medical claims for some traditional treatment.
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by Greenkira(f): 8:20am On Feb 14, 2020
i have the herbal remedy of it just give me 2k and I will publish it for free grin grin

I have the video
contact me for the full episode
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by lanrywalex(m): 8:22am On Feb 14, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by mvem(m): 8:26am On Feb 14, 2020
punisha:

You really are clueless.
Africa just got it's test kits some days ago.
Meaning that we don't know how many infected we have in our midst. So remind me again when and how where WHO shared its knowledge a virus we didn't have test kits for until 7th of feb?
You are the clueless one. Having the kits means the clinical facilities which is different from a scientist knowing the virology of the virus or having or studying the sample of the Virus. You are talking of clinical facilities which is way different from the knowledge of the Virus. You think everyone is dumb. You think knowledge is not shared between scientists which in this case are microbiologist and virologist. The fact is when there is a pending endemic from a new Virus or bacteria or whatever, the science community share and interact in effort to bringing solution. Come on!, this is like Academia...and yes WHO relay there statistical and clinical information from China to all countries of the world. Nigeria like every country have a Center for Disease Control and they are tasked in doing this...Don't be ignorant

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by dheolexaone(f): 8:33am On Feb 14, 2020
Provided that u see d cure today, pls never release it to d FG with d rate at which they have failed Nigerians, rather travel to China for proper documentation and blow big from.there.
Trust me, by the time u come back to Nigeria, they will be begging u to be a first class citizen.
We tend to appreciate what comes from abroad.

Plus, I hope d solution theory will not lead to Nigeria having Corolla V.

Don't just start what u can't finish, we are still dealing wt Lassa o.
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by baratech: 8:41am On Feb 14, 2020
Only 36 million naira
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by rottennaija(m): 8:59am On Feb 14, 2020
Horladipupo0505:
yes sir you have sense pls be prepared you are becoming our president in 2023 God bless you

Lol, thanks anyway but u wouldn't dream to rule Nigeria. No matter how good you are, try to rule Nigeria and your image is tainted.
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by vertueptime: 9:09am On Feb 14, 2020
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by Iheoforlex: 9:09am On Feb 14, 2020
dipopooo:
Yeyenatu... When Almighty China and America have not discovered it

Don't bring your slef so low just because the word leading countries haven't discovered the vaccine doesn't mean Nigeria can't..... Too much negativity
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by Iheoforlex: 9:11am On Feb 14, 2020
dipopooo:
Yeyenatu... When Almighty China and America have not discovered it
Just because the world leading countries haven't discovered the vaccine doesn't mean Nigeria can't.... Too much negativity
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by dipopooo(m): 9:15am On Feb 14, 2020
Iheoforlex:

Don't bring your slef so low just because the word leading countries haven't discovered the vaccine doesn't mean Nigeria can't..... Too much negativity

Bro, it's not about negativity. There's nothing working in this country.
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by prettyliz(f): 9:28am On Feb 14, 2020
Islie:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/fg-to-scientists-discover-conoravirus-vaccine-get-n36m.html
No thanks,then on the way they will send their kidnappers to kidnap the scientist on the road abi....
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by prettyliz(f): 9:29am On Feb 14, 2020
Islie:

No thanks,so that they can send their kidnappers to attack them on the road to collect it back abiii.
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by punisha: 9:33am On Feb 14, 2020
mvem:
You are the clueless one. Having the kits means the clinical facilities which is different from a scientist knowing the virology of the virus or having or studying the sample of the Virus. You are talking of clinical facilities which is way different from the knowledge of the Virus. You think everyone is dumb. You think knowledge is not shared between scientists which in this case are microbiologist and virologist. The fact is when there is a pending endemic from a new Virus or bacteria or whatever, the science community share and interact in effort to bringing solution. Come on!, this is like Academia...and yes WHO relay there statistical and clinical information from China to all countries of the world. Nigeria like every country have a Center for Disease Control and they are tasked in doing this...Don't be ignorant

You see why I don't exchange words with empty heads here? When and where did WHO tell you it sent samples to countries? u can't answer, but ramble back and forth stoopidly like a he goat on heat. Until 7th Nigeria didn't know what to test for or look out for. Get it into ur head Udeme WHO didn't send any samples world wide and especially not to Third World countries who don't even have the facilities to handle such virus powerful to take out billions of people. China has downplayed figures. Over 20k people are dead. Mr ITK it's not a virus to toy with and wasn't sent to Nigeria for studies. Now run along. You must be an ediot to reply me without facts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by mechanics(m): 10:07am On Feb 14, 2020
He should take the lead.
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by knowhowk: 10:32am On Feb 14, 2020
If it's discovered how will the efficacy be treated .Will they send it to China...Anyway I heard about Some people already infected we're about to be killed if Government Approves it .If at any Scientist discovers that such person better save His head oooo .He would need a sample of the virus as well for Working purpose in the Laboratory now,Hope that would not portends danger to us in Naija .How about Natural therapist taking up the task as well .
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by dipopooo(m): 10:39am On Feb 14, 2020
Iheoforlex:

Just because the world leading countries haven't discovered the vaccine doesn't mean Nigeria can't.... Too much negativity

Bros, kindly tell me a good thing that has ever come out of Nigeria?
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by gudugudumeje: 10:48am On Feb 14, 2020
What a foolish government? What a frivolous, irresponsible statement from a Baseless, despoilating and serendipitious govt.!
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by tammie24: 11:04am On Feb 14, 2020
rottennaija:
That's misplaced priority. First of all, how will they test the efficacy of their discoveries? And how will they know it works unless the have an infected patients or the sample of the virus to test it with? How will they get the virus sample to test? You will end of having people who work for their selfish interest thereby working against the interests of the general public.

This is an unworkable solution.

Why not call for the assembly of the best scientist and biochemist in Nigeria, give them a good lap, feed them, provide 24 hrs electricity with the best electronic gadgets and laboratory equipments and have them work together towards having a solution to the virus?

Common, who advises these people self? They need better advisers.
no

They rather take care of Boko Haram
Feed them well with our tax money and release them to the public

I'm even more worried about rehabilitated terrorists that this virus sef

Do you even believe them?
Make your discovery come back and hear stories
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by xeju: 11:18am On Feb 14, 2020
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by Nobody: 11:34am On Feb 14, 2020
chatinent:
How much was given to the MOUAU professor who discovered a cure for HIV? His discovery died a natural death.

That was a bogus claim.
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by Excellent7(m): 11:56am On Feb 14, 2020
A lot of utterances from people at the helm of affairs leaves much to be desired and little hope for the future.
The usual Naija solution to problems is to throw money at it.
Money that will often times develop "k-leg".
I beg help me as the Oga that said this just two questions;
(1) Oga, do you have a sample of the virus to work with?
(2) How many biosafety level 3 and level 4 laboratories do you have in the country and their locations.
Nigeria that is scared to even extract its citizens from China like other countries.
I doubt the 36 million Naira will be even enough to build and equip the right specification of laboratory for such studies. This guys do not seem to have an idea of what is involved.

1 Like

Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by Hotspotbro(m): 12:30pm On Feb 14, 2020
APC shit

Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by CYBERWEAVER(m): 12:46pm On Feb 14, 2020
What if I say I have the cure?
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by Afamsi: 1:14pm On Feb 14, 2020
LadySwitz:

Lmao

A wise Nigerian Scientist will have the FG sign an agreement first. Shikena!
Even that is not a guarantee, cos rule of law in Nigeria is in a coma
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by Adeebiwa09(m): 1:21pm On Feb 14, 2020
LadySwitz:

I didn't pick any sense in your write up... Read carefully what you've just posted.

Honestly I don't mean to sound rude or perhaps insulting but you are the one not seeing the sense in what he wrote. First like he said it's not workable. Aside from the fact that the money is small a reward which is excusable. How can you discover the cure for a virus in proxy. Everyone is running away from it, you stop importation of goods from there, shut down their supermarket in Abuja just so that it won't get into the nation and then you said we should get their cure. Honestly I think some of these people take us for been stupid. One must get the virus and patients (plural) to work work before one can discover a vaccine.

Secondly, it's just irritating, so appealing the way the supposedly distinguished minister of science and technology thinks. We'll have lassa, ebola, etc you don't announce a reward and a cure but far away in Asia you are trying to solve their own problems (meanwhile Australian scientists with resources far beyond ours are way ahead of us). We don't even have scientific research institutions of world class repute. You want to carry our FTIR, TEM etc you have to travel abroad or send your sample. The last I checked we only have 3 electronic microscopes in Nigeria one of which is bad. Then you say they should be applauded, I am very sorry I totally disagree with your point thank you
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by Adeebiwa09(m): 1:23pm On Feb 14, 2020
Excellent7:
A lot of utterances from people at the helm of affairs leaves much to be desired and little hope for the future.
The usual Naija solution to problems is to throw money at it.
Money that will often times develop "k-leg".
I beg help me as the Oga that said this just two questions;
(1) Oga, do you have a sample of the virus to work with?
(2) How many biosafety level 3 and level 4 laboratories do you have in the country and their locations.
Nigeria that is scared to even extract its citizens from China like other countries.
I doubt the 36 million Naira will be even enough to build and equip the right specification of laboratory for such studies. This guys do not seem to have an idea of what is involved.

My brother the thing tire me o. To now say one girl was hailing the minister was really infuriating. Anyways thank God more people have sense than those that don't
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by mvem(m): 2:42pm On Feb 14, 2020
punisha:

You see why I don't exchange words with empty heads here? When and where did WHO tell you it sent samples to countries? u can't answer, but ramble back and forth stoopidly like a he goat on heat. Until 7th Nigeria didn't know what to test for or look out for. Get it into ur head Udeme WHO didn't send any samples world wide and especially not to Third World countries who don't even have the facilities to handle such virus powerful to take out billions of people. China has downplayed figures. Over 20k people are dead. Mr ITK it's not a virus to toy with and wasn't sent to Nigeria for studies. Now run along. You must be an ediot to reply me without facts.
you called me clueless now with insults...why are you behaving like an animal, am I quarreling with you. When I said there are samples you can google and see for yourself. Recently in Hong Kong and Australia a form of vaccine is already being experimented with. What are they working with? Samples!... There are other labs in the world that are working on the virus. And I said WHO do send statistical data and clinical information to all countries,this is basic and I don't need to show a link. Every country has a center for disease control and normally there are meetings with WHO occasionally. The last one was held not long ago. WHO will inform these countries at what stage the developments are at and will give advise. These data are what the Chinese Gov relay to the WHO. These countries will now use these data and strategize, this is common sense. I did not say WHO is sending virus samples to everyone. I am only highlighting the fact that the science community share information. The cure can come from anywhere. Many Nigerian scientist are all over the world working for WHO,an independent labs of theirs etc etc. Just like when you want to write a project, you go for conferences, you review past/present works, you go for symposium to know the latest trends etc. Same as this novel virus. This is not rocket science... Why you dey para

Funny enough you said the virus is not something to be toiled with, it is not even as bad the Ebola virus. The only thing making it more contagious is it is airborne. Even the fatality rate is not as same as SARS of 2003. And it is a coronavirus, same as the SARS virus but if different strain/genome. Numerous labs are having ongoing work on studying the virus. You need an electron mircroscope and possible a containment material to carry out these work. What was supplied was kits/facilities that will enable diagnosis and treatment. It doesn't prevent study and research on the sample. It is a virus, it is not Uranium or Cyanide or Nerve gas...come on!...with time the incidence rate will surely stabilize and that's what everyone is waiting for, that's to prevent further spread. Then they will handle the known cases effectively...about China underreporting cases, they are known for that. China practise a communist Gov and try to downplay a lot of things to show they are in control. Atleast as of yesterday they changed the way figures were given to douse the questions of under reporting.
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by macIB(m): 2:56pm On Feb 14, 2020
OChimex:

Poor arguments you only attacked the person instead of the topic. Very poor logical arguments.

I repeat, you have a very poor basic scientific analytical mind hence your initial statement. Truth is bitter but live with the truth.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

COVID-19: Akeredolu To Deploy Drones For Disinfection Of Public Places (PHOTOS) / Man Commits Suicide In Jigawa After His Girlfriend Married Another Man / 627 New COVID-19 Cases, 397 Discharged And 12 Deaths On June 12 - (2032 Tested)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.