Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,254 members, 7,811,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network (37468 Views)

FG Extends NIN-SIM Verification Deadline Till March 31, 2022 / FG Extends NIN-SIM Verification Deadline Till End Of The Year / Pantami Directs NCC To Block 9.2m Improperly Registered SIM Cards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 12:39am On Jan 23, 2021
Nbote:
Instead of dem to b working towards creating a database for Nigerians dey are busy pursuing ppl with multiple sim cards..

grin
u dey mind dem
Re: SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network by edoairways: 8:20am On Jan 23, 2021
Flier:
Only kids buys new sim if they lost their sim or it’s stolen
You don’t change SIM card anyhow,I have been using my lines since 2003
Don't say what you don't know. It cost more to retrieve your line.
Re: SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network by edoairways: 8:25am On Jan 23, 2021
AerialMapper:
Nigerian Institutions and big big complicated nonsense!

Soon the mobile networks will ask us to come and queue to update our sim reg with our NIN or BVN.

The amount of data collected by individual organizations is alarming. FRSC, Banks, mobile networks, Passport office, NIMC, VIO, JAMB. Simply harmonize the database and you can cross reference. By now, a simple thumb print scan in any agency of the government should be able to draw out all the information about you but that is too much work

This is happening now
Re: SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network by AerialMapper: 8:57am On Jan 23, 2021
edoairways:

This is happening now

Couldn’t even remember I wrote this but it isn’t very accurate! At least the mobile networks made it easy for us to link the NIN, the problem is NIMC making it extremely difficult to get a useless NIN!

Many many years ago, I received my NHS number, National Insurance Number and passport via post; these are identity documents that confer at least some sort of benefit to the holder. Please of what benefit to us is the NIN other than for the FG to use it to block/harass critics?
Re: SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network by FEGEITOK: 4:03pm On Jan 23, 2021
Crime on what law to own 57 sim cards?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NCC Unveils New Unified Short Codes For All Mobile Networks In The Country / Rooting Samsung Grand Duos / How To Opt Out Of Unsolicited MTN SMS And Adds Yourself.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.