Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,805 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Supreme Court Ruling On Bayelsa Perverse, Unjust, Unacceptable- Sagay - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Ruling On Bayelsa Perverse, Unjust, Unacceptable- Sagay (3593 Views)

INEC Replies Oshiomhole: We Obeyed Supreme Court On Bayelsa Like We Did On Imo / We Will Comply With Supreme Court Judgement On Bayelsa — INEC / INEC's Press Release On Bayelsa And Kogi Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Supreme Court Ruling On Bayelsa Perverse, Unjust, Unacceptable- Sagay by hisexcellency34: 8:29pm On Feb 13, 2020
Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN), Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC) has rejected the Supreme Court ruling nullifying the election of David Lyon, governor-elect of Bayelsa state.

Speaking in a chat with Daily Independent, Sagay said it is wrong for the apex court to ask Douye Diri of the PDP who lost the election to be sworn in as the governor of the state.

“That is very wrong. What they should have done is to nullify the election and let the APC nominate another person. This whole of idea of the Supreme Court becoming electors of people who are defeated over those who are victorious is perverse and very wrong”.

That was what I complained about in the Zamfara case. It is unfortunate and to that extent, I totally disagree with it because it is unjust".

“The PDP man lost. You can give him a second chance because the APC candidate did not get valid nomination. They are not to award victory to a man who people did not vote for. You can’t replace the votes of the electorates with your votes as the judiciary”.

That I can never reconcile myself to and I hope it is not the noise and acrimony the PDP made on the Imo election that is causing all these to happen” he said

https://www.independent.ng/supreme-court-ruling-on-bayelsa-governorship-election-perverse-unjust-sagay/

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Ruling On Bayelsa Perverse, Unjust, Unacceptable- Sagay by Officialgarri: 8:30pm On Feb 13, 2020
Sagay is wrong on this one.

What does electoral law state?

One doesn't just sit down and then begin to tell how things should be based on your personal feelings when there are well laid out rules.

Don't challenge INEC, challenge the law

11 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Ruling On Bayelsa Perverse, Unjust, Unacceptable- Sagay by hisexcellency34: 8:33pm On Feb 13, 2020
Sagay na Apc lawyer nah..why didnt he condemn Supreme Court on Imo

Officialgarri:

One doesn't just sit down and then begin t6o tell how things should be based on your personal feelings when there are well laid our rules.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Ruling On Bayelsa Perverse, Unjust, Unacceptable- Sagay by bolanto24(m): 8:36pm On Feb 13, 2020
Shut that your gutter of a mouth. We don't need your opinion.

18 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Ruling On Bayelsa Perverse, Unjust, Unacceptable- Sagay by Nobody: 8:38pm On Feb 13, 2020
Professor It's a gay.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Ruling On Bayelsa Perverse, Unjust, Unacceptable- Sagay by slivertongue: 8:41pm On Feb 13, 2020
too late to cry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Ruling On Bayelsa Perverse, Unjust, Unacceptable- Sagay by Nobody: 8:44pm On Feb 13, 2020
Congratulations to the winner;
Eeyah for the loser.
Na so this matter be o.
Ask pdp, dem wail pass this, dem even protest go US embassy, nothing changed.

8 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Ruling On Bayelsa Perverse, Unjust, Unacceptable- Sagay by slivertongue: 8:47pm On Feb 13, 2020
Officialgarri:

One doesn't just sit down and then begin to tell how things should be based on your personal feelings when there are well laid our rules.

to an extent I agree with him. the law of social contract has been abused by our court. imagine them awarding or allocating votes

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Ruling On Bayelsa Perverse, Unjust, Unacceptable- Sagay by masterflowx(m): 8:48pm On Feb 13, 2020
Prof Sagay, please your noise is too much here abeg.
Kindly call and his dead meat crew you people should go and protest in front of supreme court tommorow, ok!

Victory for democracy!
Nntooo...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Ruling On Bayelsa Perverse, Unjust, Unacceptable- Sagay by Sirjamo: 8:54pm On Feb 13, 2020
Anyone with questionable certificate shouldn't have been allowed to contest in an election in the first place. The party party should have screen him out!!!
Re: Supreme Court Ruling On Bayelsa Perverse, Unjust, Unacceptable- Sagay by OzilBaba50: 9:10pm On Feb 13, 2020
[s]
Officialgarri:

One doesn't just sit down and then begin to tell how things should be based on your personal feelings when there are well laid our rules.

[/s]
Re: Supreme Court Ruling On Bayelsa Perverse, Unjust, Unacceptable- Sagay by LibertyRep: 9:25pm On Feb 13, 2020
But the ruling on Osun, Imo and Kano were just and acceptable abi?

All of them are same. When they win the SC is the best thing but if it goes against them, then the SC is evil.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Ruling On Bayelsa Perverse, Unjust, Unacceptable- Sagay by Sonoyom(m): 10:13pm On Feb 13, 2020
This kpomo lip SANd again, he said nothing about Imo state judgement that was passed last month. We truly do not have intelligent leaders, their titles are just academic.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Ruling On Bayelsa Perverse, Unjust, Unacceptable- Sagay by garfield1: 10:25pm On Feb 13, 2020
Officialgarri:

That is why the electoral law is obsolete.we need to amend it,the court can only replace a winner if he actually won and not based on qualification issues.if one wasn't validly nominated,the courts should call for new polls
Re: Supreme Court Ruling On Bayelsa Perverse, Unjust, Unacceptable- Sagay by Splashme: 10:40pm On Feb 13, 2020
Nonsense, Prof Sagay can go and die.
He is a useless man

Why did I not hear him speak about
the fraud that took place in the IMO judgement?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Ruling On Bayelsa Perverse, Unjust, Unacceptable- Sagay by dprpikin: 10:41pm On Feb 13, 2020
garfield1:

That is why the electoral law is obsolete.we need to amend it,the court can only replace a winner if he actually won and not based on qualification issues.if one wasn't validly nominated,the courts should call for new polls

The law is not obsolete, only that people's mindsets change, especially when a court ruling does not favour them.
Re: Supreme Court Ruling On Bayelsa Perverse, Unjust, Unacceptable- Sagay by SarkinYarki: 10:45pm On Feb 13, 2020
But Osun Kano and Imo were okay ko? Sagay you are a useless man

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Ruling On Bayelsa Perverse, Unjust, Unacceptable- Sagay by garfield1: 10:49pm On Feb 13, 2020
dprpikin:

The law is not obsolete, only that people's mindsets change, especially when a court ruling does not favour them.
My brother,any law that doesn't favor the masses should be amended.it must take into consideration the feelings of majority,even when apc won imo i told canadabust that our laws needs amendment to suit modern times and to make it more understandable to the layman.
Morally,there should be a rerun in imo.morally,why should the crime of my running mate affect me? The law is archaic,still same thing existing in the 1960s
Re: Supreme Court Ruling On Bayelsa Perverse, Unjust, Unacceptable- Sagay by bumi10(m): 10:51pm On Feb 13, 2020
Taaa go and sit down SAGAY

Though I vote that the law is archaic and therefore should to be amended because the travails of my deputy shouldn't affect me,

But as the law stands now, the supreme court is right because they are judging according to law.

And let me correct you sir, the people voted for Diri massively, that your party rigged and triumph doesn't mean he lost the election. So coming second doesn't mean he lost the election.

And if you are saying there should be rerun, the their should be rerun in Imo State too. What is good for the goose is also good for the ganders.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Ruling On Bayelsa Perverse, Unjust, Unacceptable- Sagay by garfield1: 10:52pm On Feb 13, 2020
Light at the tunnel

Re: Supreme Court Ruling On Bayelsa Perverse, Unjust, Unacceptable- Sagay by thundafire: 10:53pm On Feb 13, 2020
With his bend bend mouth y didn't he condemn IMO own

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Ruling On Bayelsa Perverse, Unjust, Unacceptable- Sagay by Tomide007: 10:59pm On Feb 13, 2020
Officialgarri:

What does the electoral law state?

One doesn't just sit down and then begin to tell how things should be based on your personal feelings when there are well laid out rules.

Very vague about this matter. Its the discretion of the court to choose to do what they like. they can order the deputy to be replaced, remove the two, order a fresh primary. etc. the electoral law does not envisage forgery.
Re: Supreme Court Ruling On Bayelsa Perverse, Unjust, Unacceptable- Sagay by emeijeh(m): 10:59pm On Feb 13, 2020
thundafire:
With his bend bend mouth y didn't he condemn IMO own

No mind am
I recommend your moniker to am sef, make he taste thunder.
Re: Supreme Court Ruling On Bayelsa Perverse, Unjust, Unacceptable- Sagay by bumi10(m): 11:06pm On Feb 13, 2020
garfield1:

Is like saying:

If you get a job with forged certificate and it wasn't discovered during your screening time.

if the firm later discovered that you came in with a forged certificate, they should as a matter of law or st.upid morality let you continue with your job.

Are you well at all?

I 100% support the supreme court judgement and the last time i checked, forgery is a crime in Nigeria. The man should be jailed for forgery too.

nonsense
Re: Supreme Court Ruling On Bayelsa Perverse, Unjust, Unacceptable- Sagay by garfield1: 11:09pm On Feb 13, 2020
bumi10:

Is like saying:

If you get a job with forged certificate and it wasn't discovered during your screening time.

if the firm later discovered that you came in with a forged certificate, they should as a matter of law or st.upid morality let you continue with your job.

Are you well at all?

I 100% support the supreme court judgement and the last time i checked, forgery is a crime in Nigeria. The man should be jailed for forgery too.

nonsense
And the massive votes given by the electorate nko? Why crown a loser as a winner
Re: Supreme Court Ruling On Bayelsa Perverse, Unjust, Unacceptable- Sagay by Racoon(m): 12:12am On Feb 14, 2020
“That is very wrong. What they should have done is to nullify the election and let the APC nominate another person.This whole of idea of the Supreme Court becoming electors of people who are defeated over those who are victorious is perverse and very wrong”
Sagay is really an incredibly stupid hypocrite.
This man has no conscience @ all.So it was the supreme court that told the APC to field in a well known certificate forger as a deputy governorship candidate?

SC should cancel election to allow the APC(out of how many parties ) to re-field another candidate as if INEC does not have a lay down guidelines for conducting an election.Any wonder Nigeria is the way it's because of people like this useless SAN advising the govt?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Ruling On Bayelsa Perverse, Unjust, Unacceptable- Sagay by IduNaOba: 12:36am On Feb 14, 2020
Let him go and overule it nah.
See better wobbed ala enwe whose mụrụ mụrụ coconut requires some senselin balm.
Jamatule the goddamus and jamatule high tension via iweka road onitsha.
Re: Supreme Court Ruling On Bayelsa Perverse, Unjust, Unacceptable- Sagay by AlhajiImam: 1:26am On Feb 14, 2020
INEC is mad. Does it mean that they don't do background checks on documents submitted before the elections, in order to qualify or disqualify a candidate? Why should the court be doing this
Re: Supreme Court Ruling On Bayelsa Perverse, Unjust, Unacceptable- Sagay by hisexcellency34: 3:07am On Feb 14, 2020
What about APC whom he first submitted the fake certificates to??

AlhajiImam:
INEC is mad. Does it mean that they don't do background checks on documents submitted before the elections, in order to qualify or disqualify a candidate? Why should the court be doing this

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Ruling On Bayelsa Perverse, Unjust, Unacceptable- Sagay by sapientia(m): 3:23am On Feb 14, 2020
garfield1:

My brother,any law that doesn't favor the masses should be amended.it must take into consideration the feelings of majority,even when apc won imo i told canadabust that our laws needs amendment to suit modern times and to make it more understandable to the layman.
Morally,there should be a rerun in imo.morally,why should the crime of my running mate affect me? The law is archaic,still same thing existing in the 1960s

Stop all these.

Electoral law is not rocket science.

Anyone who can't follow it should not come close to the corridors of power.

Come 2023, you will see people making same mistakes again and you want to trust them with governance.
Re: Supreme Court Ruling On Bayelsa Perverse, Unjust, Unacceptable- Sagay by 9jahotblog: 3:25am On Feb 14, 2020
hisexcellency34:
Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN), Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC) has rejected the Supreme Court ruling nullifying the election of David Lyon, governor-elect of Bayelsa state.

Speaking in a chat with Daily Independent, Sagay said it is wrong for the apex court to ask Douye Diri of the PDP who lost the election to be sworn in as the governor of the state.

“That is very wrong. What they should have done is to nullify the election and let the APC nominate another person. This whole of idea of the Supreme Court becoming electors of people who are defeated over those who are victorious is perverse and very wrong”.

That was what I complained about in the Zamfara case. It is unfortunate and to that extent, I totally disagree with it because it is unjust".

“The PDP man lost. You can give him a second chance because the APC candidate did not get valid nomination. They are not to award victory to a man who people did not vote for. You can’t replace the votes of the electorates with your votes as the judiciary”.

That I can never reconcile myself to and I hope it is not the noise and acrimony the PDP made on the Imo election that is causing all these to happen” he said

https://www.independent.ng/supreme-court-ruling-on-bayelsa-governorship-election-perverse-unjust-sagay/
lol accept your fate.
Re: Supreme Court Ruling On Bayelsa Perverse, Unjust, Unacceptable- Sagay by Bighead9: 5:07am On Feb 14, 2020
Sagay is right.
PDP bought this supreme Court judgement.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kemi Olunloyo Takes To Twitter To Beg For Financial Assistance, Nigerians React / 2023: Why Igbos Should Support Amaechi For President Or Loose Out / Sardine Is Now N350

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.