Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,673 members, 7,809,563 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

Nigeria/Nigerians should be big in the chocolate business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria/Nigerians should be big in the chocolate business (743 Views)

How To Start A Chocolate Business From Home / Buhari Is Hell-Bent On Destroying Nigeria: Nigerians To Be Charged N4 For USSD / Why Nigerians Should Embrace Snake Rearing - Abubakar Ballah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria/Nigerians should be big in the chocolate business by Mariangeles(f): 6:25pm On Feb 14, 2020
With all the resources that we have in Nigeria, I feel that we are not exploiting and taking full advantage of them.
Like cocoa beans for example, I believe we should learn to explore it more than export it.

One of our major problems in Nigeria is the QUICK WEALTH SYNDROME. We always want that quick cash.
Instead of us to learn to different ways to explore our natural resources to their full potential, thereby creating wealth, we prefer to export them raw, which will be manufactured into byproducts and sold back to us.

It hurts to know that even though we grow cocoa in Nigeria, pure chocolate and cocoa powder are still very expensive. Why? That is because there are not much manufacturers into the business.

Also, the way we value imported goods is unhealthy. Of course, most of these imported goods are not only of low quality, but expensive too.
We should be manufacturing and exporting these products, instead of exporting the raw material for a few change.
Nigeria should be known for quality chocolates and pure cocoa powder.
It is a good business to tap into.
It can create massive wealth because the world can never get enough of chocolates.
Also, because the nutritional benefits of pure chocolate and cocoa powder on one's health can never be overemphasized.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria/Nigerians should be big in the chocolate business by Commentor: 6:54pm On Feb 14, 2020
Mariangeles:
With all the resources that we have in Nigeria, I feel that we are not exploiting and taking full advantage of them.
Like cocoa beans for example, I believe we should learn to explore it more than export it.

One of our major problems in Nigeria is the QUICK WEALTH SYNDROME. We always want that quick cash.
Instead of us to learn to different ways to explore our natural resources to their full potential, thereby creating wealth, we prefer to export them raw, which will be manufactured into byproducts and sold back to us.

It hurts to know that even though we grow cocoa in Nigeria, pure chocolate and cocoa powder are still very expensive. Why? That is because there are not much manufacturers into the business.

Also, the way we value imported goods is unhealthy. Of course, most of these imported goods are not only of low quality, but expensive too.
We should be manufacturing and exporting these products, instead of exporting the raw material for a few change.
Nigeria should be known for quality chocolates and pure cocoa powder.
It is a good business to tap into.
It can create massive wealth because the world can never get enough of chocolates.
Also, because the nutritional benefits of pure chocolate and cocoa powder on one's health can never be overemphasized.

Totally agree but watch how the usual lazy gits would complain about everything.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria/Nigerians should be big in the chocolate business by Redman44(m): 8:42pm On Feb 14, 2020
It is a very good idea. It is not only Cocoa and Chocolates alone, but so many other products. One thing I have observed is that intelligence and knowledge is not often appreciated in Nigeria. People will regard you as a very arrogant person if you display signs of knowing a lot of things. Intelligence and Creativity is not encouraged in our children and in our schools. I know Chocolate venture in Nigeria though. The lady is on twitter. She makes Chocolates in her small factory and the Chocolates are enclosed in lovely packaging. But they are very expensive. We need more chocolate makers in Nigeria. Africa and Nigeria is really blessed with so many food crops and grains that can be converted into snacks etc. It is very hard to get affordable meat pies and sausages that are well produced in the country. So many opportunities to explore smiley smiley smiley smiley.
Re: Nigeria/Nigerians should be big in the chocolate business by Mariangeles(f): 8:49pm On Feb 14, 2020
Redman44:
It is a very good idea. It is not only Cocoa and Chocolates alone, but so many other products. One thing I have observed is that intelligence and knowledge is not often appreciated in Nigeria. People will regard you as a very arrogant person if you display signs of knowing a lot of things. Intelligence and Creativity is not encouraged in our children and in our schools. I know Chocolate venture in Nigeria though. The lady is on twitter. She makes Chocolates in her small factory and the Chocolates are enclosed in lovely packaging. But they are very expensive. We need more chocolate makers in Nigeria. Africa and Nigeria is really blessed with so many food crops and grains that can be converted into snacks etc. It is very hard to get affordable meat pies and sausages that are well produced in the country. So many opportunities to explore smiley smiley smiley smiley.

That is correct.
We need to exploit our potentials to the fullest to create wealth.
It is possible. All we need to do is think, and if we're too lazy to come up with new ideas, we can at least "borrow" proven ideas.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Save For A Year Without Touching It. / Facts About Why Girls Love Chocolates Via Chocolate Boxes / Bread, Cake, Chin Chin, Doughnut, Burger, Business Made Easy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.