Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam - Travel (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam (299759 Views)

I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... / Breathtaking Bridge In Vietnam Looks Like Something From Lord Of The Rings(Pics) / My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (115) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Grrr8(m): 8:52pm On Jun 17, 2020
azubix:

Bro, 3k dollars will be very enough for that 6 months but my big fear is the posibility of getting a tourist visa as a Nigerian, bro i doubt if they still give tourist visa to Nigerians. The best option will be going through an agent of which you will need to be careful in looking for a reliable one. @WhyNa has written about this before so play your card well.

I Am not in Vietnam but from my research expect something like This, so you will now need to look for where and how to cut your expenses.

If you get accomodation of like $200×6=1,200
Feeding n utility per month $100x6=600
Flight $900
Total..........$2,700
Visa............xxxxx

If you can get an apartment of 150 or even 100 dollar, good.

@WhyNa should have more detailed info.

My advice.
Leave going to Vietnam for now, complete your NYSC and save more then just migrate fully to Vietnam or go to Vietnam for the 6months, get a teaching job and just stay there.

Trust me, you don't need to spend 1m to go and cool your brain then come back to do NYSC. That might not be the best decision.

If you want to cool off, trust me you can achieve that in Nigeria, relocate to another state that is cool.

Finally, I believe you might have more reasons for wanting to cool off there, if they are legit, by all means ride on. Maybe you should send @WhyNa a mail and give her more details, she might create time and guild you better.
Good luck bro.

Do you mean that it is hard to get visit Visa or they actually don't give it to Nigerians?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by u3fine(m): 8:59pm On Jun 17, 2020
[They issue Nigerians visa on arrival upon applying online. It's $55 for 3 months tourist visa.
quote author=Grrr8 post=90782817]

Do you mean that it is hard to get visit Visa or they actually don't give it to Nigerians?
[/quote]
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by VirusOO7(m): 9:01pm On Jun 17, 2020
Ebubeagu1:

Oil dey your head bro.. that's the bench mark i have given my self, next year at most. She already mentioned it earlier that 2mil will be enough when i asked her and since then i just dey on low dey hustle for money. Don't wanna keep fantasizing on travelling anymore as i believe once the money is ready, the dreams becomes real. It all boils down to OKPO lol... we can work together by sharing infos bro one love.

Carry me along oooo

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by azubix(m): 9:47pm On Jun 17, 2020
Grrr8:

My brother, its almost impossible oh except through an agent. To confirm for yourself chat any of those online Vietnam visa sites, they will tell you the truth.

I sent mails to many of them and they told me they don't do tourist visa for Nigerian. When I told them I want to do the 4 weeks TEFL course, they said I should get letter from the school with which they can do only 1 month visa for me of which I MUST LEAVE THE COUNTRY AFTER THE 1 MONTH.

When we lament that our brothers into scam and fraud abroad are spoiling the way for those who are genuine, this is what we mean.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by azubix(m): 9:50pm On Jun 17, 2020
u3fine:
[They issue Nigerians visa on arrival upon applying online. It's $55 for 3 months tourist visa.
quote author=Grrr8 post=90782817]

My brother that thing you see in the website was written long long ago. Just apply or send them a mail, they will give you the real updated news. NO TOURIST VISA FOR NIGERIANS.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by azubix(m): 9:53pm On Jun 17, 2020
Gentlerespect76:
@Millionstars you are right. But have you ever been inspired by other people's dreams?

Well I have. Don't go back again, let's concentrate on the task ahead, okay.

@ House, I was eventually able to send the introductory video as requested by the institution yesterday afternoon. But the way is still far from the dream, so I'll keep pushing relentlessly. Will update if anything positive comes up as promised earlier.

Modified:

Dear Mr. C....... G....n,

The video was well received and I will inform you if you're qualified for the next phase of hiring process. Thank you.

Regards,

Above is the response I received from the Institution. Meanwhile my chaplet is in the water; praying and waiting phase.

I am in need of your prayers ooo @house!

Guy howfar? Any update base on This?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by coronavirus19: 11:42am On Jun 18, 2020
Hadampson:

But why are they covering their face with nose cover?
Hahaha, me reading this and saying this guy doesn't know that shit is about to go down in coming months in Nigeria
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by azubix(m): 4:55am On Jun 20, 2020
MY JOURNEY SO FAR

Hello, how has the research and every every been? I have a little update for us specifically on my own moves.

I wish to In a special way appreciate @WhyNa for creating this thread and sharing her journey oth us.

Just as she said earlier, there are many ways to enter Vietnam and we know many people will discover many routes. The fact that you are reading this could be a sign that you want to travel therefore I encourage everybody to share their experiences or successes so far.

I want to share on the study route, for those who want to enter Vietnam through study route. I have made some little progress on this regard.

My own research started with finding good but cheap countries I could study In and work and stay back after my study to work. The first place I found was North Cyprus, it was actually cheap but my findings showed that WORK NO DEY THERE OH, NA SUFFER THINGS. I was wise enough to move on. I came across India again and ran away fast because I have researched them some few year back, it's very cheap but no work even for their people talk less of Nigerians and they don't like us.

Finally, I came to Vietnam. My findings was cool, I some some schools and applied while waiting for them, my research brought me to this thread. I focused my energy on trying to enter Vietnam through the work permit route of which @WhyNa's posts and updates have been of great blessing. In May, one of the schools got back to me and that was FPT university in Hanoi its a university that deals more on IT and business courses. I asked them about the visa and everything. They will prepare the visa for you while you get the Visa Stamp at the Vietnamese embassy Abuja.

I asked how much is The visa stamp they said they don't really know that I should contact the embassy. When I contacted the embassy, they said it varies depending on the type of student visa but that it's between 200 to 300 dollar.

Now, this process is very easy and you don't need to ask much questions and you don't need an agent.

1. Research top universities in Vietnam.
2. Get their admission office WhatsApp number. This guys are very helpful through their whatsapp, ask any questions. I always tell the person handling the FPT university admission WhatsApp number that am sorry for my to many questions and he/she will always tell me dont worry just ask.
3. Ask about their support systems. FPT university for example, helps with airport pick up, helps to get accomodation, help you get a part time job at most in 3 months after you arrive Vietnam.
4. Apply and ask if their are scholarship oppourtinties available. Due to this corona virus pandemic effect on the economy, Vietnam education industry dey find student and they are likely to give out discounts just as is happening in North cyprus now. So, if you don't ask they might not tell you.
5. Arrange soft copies of your documents and send to their mail then await their admission/Scholarship report. Note: No school will give you full scholarship, you can only get discounts and trust me their tuition fees are relatively cheap.
6. Make payment and they will start working on your visa which should take not more than a month.

Concerning coming to Vietnam, my school said they are working with their immigration department to make sure they allow international students and professors to enter the country when they open the borders hopefully by July ending so please confirm from your school before making payment. Me I never pay tuition few, I still dey hustle he money but once am ready to pay, I will reconfirm from the school because I need to be sure if I pay Now, I should come over before September.

Also, I don't know of other university but for my school, you get 1 year temporal residence to enable you get a job after your graduation. This to me is cool.

Finally, this process is very easy, you don't need to ask many questions or send me a mail or look for agent as long as study route is concerned, just get the school and the course of your choice, send them mail or chat their WhatsApp number and they will take it up from their.
Their Bsc it 3 years or 4 years those that are 3 years do 3 semesters per year while those that are 4 years do 2 semesters per year.
Masters is 2 years.
Most of the schools are also affiliated to universities in UK, US, Australia

I wish all luck, if any other person is making progress through another route please share too for those who might be interested.

Udo diri anyi.

73 Likes 12 Shares

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by DAramis: 8:40am On Jun 20, 2020
Good one.

The information was really detailed.
Thanks
CC azubix

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by kevwemanuel: 9:21am On Jun 20, 2020
I want to share on the study route, for those who want to enter Vietnam through study route. I have made some little progress on this regard.

My own research started with finding good but cheap countries I could study In and work and stay back after my study to work. The first place I found was North Cyprus, it was actually cheap but my findings showed that WORK NO DEY THERE OH, NA SUFFER THINGS. I was wise enough to move on. I came across India again and ran away fast because I have In May, one of the schools got back to me and that was FPT university in Hanoi .[/quote]

Thanks alot for sharing. Please how much is the tuition fee at FPT?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by uptimum123(m): 9:23am On Jun 20, 2020
azubix:
MY JOURNEY SO FAR

Finally, this process is very easy, you don't need to ask many questions or send me a mail or look for agent as long as study route is concerned, just get the school and the course of your choice, send them mail or chat their WhatsApp number and they will take it up from their.
Their Bsc it 3 years or 4 years those that are 3 years do 3 semesters per year while those that are 4 years do 2 semesters per year.
Masters is 2 years.
Most of the schools are also affiliated to universities in UK, US, Australia

I wish all luck, if any other person is making progress through another route please share too for those who might be interested.

Udo diri anyi.

Thanks for this,how about you let us know what the tuition fee amount is for that school
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by azubix(m): 9:49am On Jun 20, 2020
1. Vietnam National University, Hanoi - International School.

2. FPT University

3. RMIT UNIVERSITY

These are the 3 universities I focused on for my research, you can find more.

I finally settled with FPT University because they were actually faster in response and follow up. The tuition fee varies, some $1,300 depending on the course.

For Vietnam National University, you will see courses of $1,000.

RMIT is actually costlier but seems to have more international presence, I can't remember their tuition fee.

Finally, this thing is very simple, visit their website by just googling it, read it up thoroughly then chat them up with their WhatsApp number on their website and ask them future questions.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Svelte98(f): 9:45pm On Jun 20, 2020
azubix:
1. Vietnam National University, Hanoi - International School.

2. FPT University

3. RMIT UNIVERSITY

These are the 3 universities I focused on for my research, you can find more.

I finally settled with FPT University because they were actually faster in response and follow up. The tuition fee varies, some $1,300 depending on the course.

For Vietnam National University, you will see courses of $1,000.

RMIT is actually costlier but seems to have more international presence, I can't remember their tuition fee.

Finally, this thing is very simple, visit their website by just googling it, read it up thoroughly then chat them up with their WhatsApp number on their website and ask them future questions.
Their tuition fees are shocking! People should really make use of this opportunity. Its legit, cheaper, easier, and most importantly, straightforward.

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by GermanyChaser: 11:05pm On Jun 20, 2020
I want to thank you op for what you are doing..
My question for you is what was your course of study in Nigeria?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jun 24, 2020
justwise:

I guess that is a much stronger word

Lolx.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by jizzyjordan: 8:51pm On Jun 24, 2020
justwise:

I guess that is a much stronger word
always active bro kudos. what about disguy I no dey too see am
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by VirusOO7(m): 1:29pm On Jun 25, 2020
The tuition fee is fair, if you think you need the certificate, it's great... But do your findings.... Per year in most schools, you'll be paying between $1000 to $2500 for bachelor's degree.... But as a head start, they allow you pay in instalments, which they do in other schools abroad too.

So approximately, in 3 years, you'll have paid nothing less than $3k to $7k... Obviously, you'll be working. So, it's a fair bargain!
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by lucasalves: 2:13pm On Jun 25, 2020
VirusOO7:
The tuition fee is fair, if you think you need the certificate, it's great... But do your findings.... Per year in most schools, you'll be paying between $1000 to $2500 for bachelor's degree.... But as a head start, they allow you pay in instalments, which they do in other schools abroad too.

So approximately, in 3 years, you'll have paid nothing less than $3k to $7k... Obviously, you'll be working. So, it's a fair bargain!

sorry you mean working in Vietnam or other countries?? cos if you are saying people can work in Vietnam with student visa that's a big NO..

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by azubix(m): 4:26pm On Jun 26, 2020
The update I got is that international students might be allowed to come to Vietnam but will be quarantined for 14days which the student will pay $1,400 for and the $1,400 will be paid before getting your visa.

This is getting hard oh, the money much. If you have enough cash, this is your opportunity.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by techjeff: 1:14pm On Jun 27, 2020
@AzUbix   
What school did you apply $1,400 said you should paid before getting the visa? I did chat with the school representative on WhatsApp @ FPT University and the University said l most pay first payment before getting a student below 
includes:- 1st year tuition fee: 3,900 USD- administration fee: 200 USD- health insurance: 160 USDTotal: 4,260 USD
Did you add administration fees and health insurance on the $1,400? What names of the school you a
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 3:39am On Jun 28, 2020
Hey guys, its's been a while and for good reasons too. I don't even know where to start from....

First off, big shout outs to Azubix for taking time to do research, get more info and share with the group. Bless up and more grease to your elbow.

Second, to the niaralander who I know would want to stay anon, thanks for trusting me...it's been 3 months and counting. Thanks. More on this later.

Now to updates......it's been 4 wonderful months of staying in Hanoi, vietnam and it has been a great experience. I'll start with the old and new jobs....

4 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 3:50am On Jun 28, 2020
JOBS

When I came in, I already had a job offer but I rejected it cos the pay was I think 8 dollars an hour, no accomodation and it was in a somewhat rural area. Now 8 dollars an hour may be good for a start especially if you don't have experience. You can save at least 500-600 dollars monthly but then you can get much more.

After rejecting the job, the lockdown began so I was sorta stuck. This is where your BTA comes to help. We were on lockdown for a month or so. Can't even remember again. Lol

I started teaching online and few one on ones. The salary wasn't great but it was enough to get by plus I was learning.

Immediately after the lockdown, I went full out again and started sending out CVs. Honestly, things were slow at first, between May and June, I got lots of part time jobs enough to sustain me but it wasn't easy and I'll tell you why.

Now depending on the part time job and number of hours offered, you can have just enough or much more than enough. Just enough being enough for food, rent and some savings. At one schools, I taught just 2 hours a week and 2 hours private lesson at the $18 per hour. At another center, I taught 3 hours a week at same rate, and then at another for same rate 3 times a week. This was just enough for me. I spent most mornings sleeping and watching movies on Netflix and honestly it was cool at first but like they say, I no come Lagos come count bridge. I kept applying everyday though but things were slow especially in May and beginning of June

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 4:01am On Jun 28, 2020
PS: Don't worry pictures are coming.....

Still on jobs....

By Mid June, things changed drastically and fast!

I started getting replies, calls, interviews at least twicw a week...(I got them all by the way) and job offers. It happened sooooo fast!

One of the interviews I went for way in a place called Ecopark. After I went there, I fell in love with the place so I started applying specifically to that province. It's a one hour drive from hanoi.

Thos guys said they'll get back to me in one week. Before one week elapsed, I had gotten two job offers from that same area and had accepted one.

When they finally replied and asked me to start, It felt good replying that I had gotten a better offer.

The best part is the one bedroom apartment it came with and it was just a Monday to friday job. Damn! 4:30 minutes a day. Since I already had a bike, they agreed to give me fuel stipends monthly and free lunch in school grin

That's not all, within this period, I also got another full time weekend job which was almost equivalent to the salary of the full time job in Ecopark!. But it was in hanoi. After weighing it careful, I accepted it because I'll be making double, I have a bike, there are free shuttle buses that run from Ecopark to hanoi so it was a win win. Stressful maybe but worth it and definitely not as stressful as the useless job I had back home where I did my job and still had to do other people's job yet wasn't appreciated.

Sorry for digressing jare, y'all need to leave the country and see how things are done. I'm not saying it's all rosy here but definitely much better.

Anyways, it really felt sad leaing 2 of my jobs. One was easy cos I had just started. One was sad to see me leave but they all agreed I was lucky and needed to go, the other school threw me a sendforth party. I'm a cry baby and it took a lot not to cry. Lol. undecided undecided

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 4:03am On Jun 28, 2020
Picture break....
Welcome to Ecopark

5 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 4:04am On Jun 28, 2020
My neighborhood

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 4:05am On Jun 28, 2020
It's all green and clean here

4 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 4:05am On Jun 28, 2020
Neighborhood

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 4:06am On Jun 28, 2020
Westbay

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (115) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.