Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,535 members, 7,770,390 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:15 AM

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam - Travel (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam (292801 Views)

Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach / I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... / Breathtaking Bridge In Vietnam Looks Like Something From Lord Of The Rings(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (114) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 1:40am On Jun 03, 2021
Vietnam has started issuing visas again

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by mystery22: 8:25am On Jun 03, 2021
WhyNa:
ohh great,but what about the school route you said you are working on..has it clicked?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by dlordy100: 6:30pm On Jun 03, 2021
Southeast restricted from making international passport since November till date what a country all hail UAR zoo

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by regizoch(m): 8:50pm On Jun 03, 2021
Both tourist, student and business visa?
WhyNa:
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 9:13am On Jun 04, 2021
mystery22:
ohh great,but what about the school route you said you are working on..has it clicked?

Schools are all closed now so the meeting wasn't held

They offered virtual meeting but I told them I'd rather wait because I need to try and secure a good deal and also take a tour of the facility

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 9:13am On Jun 04, 2021
regizoch:
Both tourist, student and business visa?

Business
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 9:22am On Jun 04, 2021
WhyNa:

UPDATE:

A country like Vietnam doesn't waste time in changing and implementing new rules.

In addition to issuing visas again, a condition has been attached....both good and bad

While quarantine has been reduced to 7 days, you can only be issued visa after you have taken your complete dose of the vaccine.

Also, there has been a mass exodus of foreigners out of Vietnam. The government has stopped renewing their visas as many of them have been here for years teaching on tourist and business visa and renewing it monthly. They have put an end to it so they are leaving en-mass.

The good news for those already here is, this means more jobs and increase in salary because demand will again outweigh supply.

Same thing happened when I just came. Due to the closure of international airport and non issuance of visa, no-one was offering the stupid $8-10 per hour job again. 1200 USD became the minimum as against 800 USD.

I see the same thing happening and 1200 USD going up to Maybe 1500. Fingers crossed.

In the meantime, schools are still closed till likely August/ September. Everyone is just doing private inline classes for those who have connections.

MODIFIED: So the 7 days and vaccine thingy is still a decree and hasn't been effected yet.

5 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Pureheart91(m): 4:18pm On Jun 04, 2021
WhyNa:

Great, how is the price now?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by mystery22: 10:58pm On Jun 04, 2021
WhyNa:

Schools are all closed now so the meeting wasn't held

They offered virtual meeting but I told them I'd rather wait because I need to try and secure a good deal and also take a tour of the facility
ok,will be waiting,because I can on coming through school

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 11:41pm On Jun 04, 2021
Pureheart91:

Great, how is the price now?

We're still waiting for information. You should contact whoever is helping you for info
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 11:41pm On Jun 04, 2021
mystery22:
ok,will be waiting,because I can on coming through school
Sure thing. Just keep following the thread. I'l update as soon it pulls through
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by sappy1981: 9:54am On Jun 09, 2021
Hello Sis! Many thanks for your time in guiding people in this journey.

I tried to send you a mail to no avail. I have followed this page for over a year and I have learnt a lot.

I am over 38 with a BSC and a TOFEL band 8 certificate and just wondering if it is advisable for me to relocate. Also, I am considering taking an In-class Tesol course in Vietnam. Is it advisable i do so? I have considered the financial Implications and it is what i can conveniently invest in. But my fear is with the new laws regarding Work visas and TRC. Will it be possible to get a sponsor after the course and probably stay back or do i have to return to Naija?

I will appreciate hearing from you and best regards.

WhyNa:

Sure thing. Just keep following the thread. I'l update as soon it pulls through
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 10:02am On Jun 09, 2021
sappy1981:
Hello Sis! Many thanks for your time in guiding people in this journey.

I tried to send you a mail to no avail. I have followed this page for over a year and I have learnt a lot.

I am over 38 with a BSC and a TOFEL band 8 certificate and just wondering if it is advisable for me to relocate. Also, I am considering taking an In-class Tesol course in Vietnam. Is it advisable i do so? I have considered the financial Implications and it is what i can conveniently invest in. But my fear is with the new laws regarding Work visas and TRC. Will it be possible to get a sponsor after the course and probably stay back or do i have to return to Naija?

I will appreciate hearing from you and best regards.

Not advisable. Use that money and get yourself a sponsor and visa

In the long run, if you want to go ahead and do in-class TEFL, then that's fine
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by sappy1981: 12:32pm On Jun 09, 2021
Dear Whyna,

I really appreciate your prompt response. Can I PM you for further clarification.

Best regards.

WhyNa:

Not advisable. Use that money and get yourself a sponsor and visa

In the long run, if you want to go ahead and do in-class TEFL, then that's fine
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 5:40pm On Jun 09, 2021
sappy1981:
Dear Whyna,

I really appreciate your prompt response. Can I PM you for further clarification.

Best regards.

I replied your mail
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by salanda: 5:07pm On Jun 10, 2021
Guys if you want to go to Vietnam and study or you just have to go there, that's all well and good but there are some things you should consider.

First, the US embassy has been far more receptive to Nigerians like never before ever since Biden assumed power and repealed Trump's travel ban. It is so much easier to get American visit visa or student visa now and better still you can now try for an L1 Visa.
The US infrastructure plan proposed by Biden and already signed into law is also going to create an estimated "19 million jobs" of varied types. From what I have seen before now some Nigerians already in the US are making up to $3,000 (BT) a week as nurses/caretakers! I cannot even begin to list the numerous other advantages of chasing US visas. Even if it is easier to get Vietnamese visa than its American counterpart (which is most definitely unlikely now), it doesn't matter because we all know that nothing really worth having comes easy.

Second, how much is it really to get a visa, US or Vietnam? And if you are to get the help of a true, tested travel agent how much will they add on top? Why would anyone choose to spend more money in getting to Vietnam (where discrimination is higher and wages lower) than to US where you will make many times more in wages with even the opportunity to be a citizen?!
If you have to go to any country, do it yourself and if you can't, make sure you get that true connection to the travel agent you are dealing with so don't end up telling stories that touch the heart. Meeting someone on Nairaland that says you should send him/her money to get you visa is illegal and if the person disappears tomorrow with your money which police will you cry to?
A situation where someone has not even left the shores of Nigeria but is already sending thousands of dollars to an unidentified (undocumented) person on Nairaland claiming to be an agent or promising to hook you up with an agent is highly risky.

Third If your frame of mind is; I cannot get a visa myself because I don't know how, so I have to spend some money hiring a travel agent. Then by all means do so, but like I said be careful where you get your agent from so one doesn't get tied into illegal documentations, deceptions and scams. Also get a solid agent that can go that extra mile and actually facilitate an L1 Visa. They say whatever is worth doing is worth doing well.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by u3fine(m): 5:23pm On Jun 10, 2021
Na them shocked shocked shocked

4 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 10, 2021
Nahwa o, some people ehn, nahso USA easy to enter abi, abi d work they promise thy would just pack foreigners there without there Citizen first.

WO! Every way na way, just pray and work towards it.

4 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by dustydee: 9:42pm On Jun 10, 2021
@Justwise, salanda wants you to go to US instead
Pls patronise him grin
salanda:

Guys if you want to go to Vietnam and study or you just have to go there, that's all well and good but there are some things you should consider.

4 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Gharnew112(m): 10:33pm On Jun 10, 2021
WhyNa:

Business

What are needed for the tourist visa and the total cost ma’am?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 11:53pm On Jun 10, 2021
Gharnew112:

What are needed for the tourist visa and the total cost ma’am?

They aren't issuing tourist visa for now
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Gharnew112(m): 2:59am On Jun 11, 2021
WhyNa:

What about the business visa, how much does it cost ?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by BenNash: 7:26pm On Jun 16, 2021
WhyNa:

Hello Whyna please this is urgent. What visa do you advise I apply for? I plan to be in Vietnam for like a year. I have the funds and everything but it'll be good if I can work a little to by the side during my stay. Btwn, I don't have a degree.

I'm trying to get into Vietnam without paying $2k and above for tuition fees alone.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 5:21pm On Jun 17, 2021
BenNash:

Hello Whyna please this is urgent. What visa do you advise I apply for? I plan to be in Vietnam for like a year. I have the funds and everything but it'll be good if I can work a little to by the side during my stay. Btwn, I don't have a degree.

I'm trying to get into Vietnam without paying $2k and above for tuition fees alone.

Honestly speaking, 2k CAN'T get you into Vietnam now.

This is also tough because to work, you'll need a degree first. If you're thinking of staying for one year, then there are two ways, 3 months business visa to be renewed every 3 months. ( i'l be weary of this as thousands of foreigners had to leave Vietnam because govt stopped renewing the visa) (Plus you can't get any serious job with this visa)

The second option would e a one year visa which comes with a work permit.

All the best
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by BenNash: 6:17pm On Jun 17, 2021
WhyNa:

Honestly speaking, 2k CAN'T get you into Vietnam now.

This is also tough because to work, you'll need a degree first. If you're thinking of staying for one year, then there are two ways, 3 months business visa to be renewed every 3 months. ( i'l be weary of this as thousands of foreigners had to leave Vietnam because govt stopped renewing the visa) (Plus you can't get any serious job with this visa)

The second option would e a one year visa which comes with a work permit.

All the best

Thanks for the reply.

I don't plan to use $2k for everything. What I mean is I don't want to pay $2k on Tuition fees just to get into Vietnam. So going on school package is not an option I'd want

The second option you stated. One year visa with work permit, I'll need a degree and job offer for that, right?

And thanks for replying, I can only imagine how busy you are.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by BenNash: 5:29pm On Jun 19, 2021
WhyNa:

No idea about students visa. I only know about the three months visa which you can use to come in and then extend to 2 years after you come in

WhyNa please I'm interested in this. Are they issuing this now? I don't have a Degree that's the wahala. And I don't really need to work( but e no go bad if I see some part-time jobs).
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by santos123(m): 1:10pm On Jun 23, 2021
@whyna, what do you think is the future of English teaching generally,in 5 or 6 years time?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Victormimi(m): 1:43pm On Jun 23, 2021
What's up here, it's been days without updates.

Hope you guys are doing great??
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 1:58am On Jun 25, 2021
santos123:
@whyna, what do you think is the future of English teaching generally,in 5 or 6 years time?

Still booming especially in the smaller provinces.

More and more kids are getting really good at speaking English. They however still have the problem of mixing up their tenses

That aside, I also see the requirements getting stricter. Has already started
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nicoswit(m): 8:21am On Jun 25, 2021
WhyNa:

Still booming especially in the smaller provinces.

More and more kids are getting really good at speaking English. They however still have the problem of mixing up their tenses

That aside, I also see the requirements getting stricter. Has already started
Ginger us with pictures na
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Phlinx: 5:20pm On Jun 28, 2021
This is nice really nice tread. @whyna, your story is so inspiring, I am so happy for you and wishing you success and more winnings on this journey. Vietnam sounds like such a delightful place with affordable living conditions

however how is Vietnam coping with the coronavirus, are there still lockdowns in place and I heard school resumptions are still pending?

I started reading from page 1 and been able to peruse half of the thread and feel so pumped and inspired, I would like to contact you most urgently.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (114) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.