Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,456 members, 7,770,132 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:07 AM

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam - Travel (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam (292767 Views)

Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach / I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... / Breathtaking Bridge In Vietnam Looks Like Something From Lord Of The Rings(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (114) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by TopeQs: 9:24am On Apr 03, 2021
*pick broom and dust everywhere...*

una happy new month, WhyNa, why na?? been a while. hope you're doing alright.
hope everyone else is fine as well.

to all the hustlers out there, stay blessed.✌️✌️✌️
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by SpeciallyUnique(m): 12:01pm On Apr 03, 2021
This place has been quiet for a while.

I know we will be hearing good news from @Whyna soon
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 3:20pm On Apr 03, 2021
TopeQs:
*pick broom and dust everywhere...*

una happy new month, WhyNa, why na?? been a while. hope you're doing alright.

hope everyone else is fine as well.

to all the hustlers out there, stay blessed.✌️✌️✌️

SpeciallyUnique:
This place has been quiet for a while.

I know we will be hearing good news from @Whyna soon

Make Una no vex mbok.

I've been mega busy. It's back to my normal schedule again so it's work work work.

Plus, I feel bad bad because I know you guys wanted pictures but I don't even know what to take pictures of again.

Yes we'll be hearing some good news soon.

Peace

7 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nobody: 11:41pm On Apr 03, 2021
Samuelmide69:
I pray make Vietnam open border for us by April, I thank God say we just finished our first semester through online and our second semester just started, my people Online class no easy but I Enjoy am...

The good news is that our school just open admission portal now @whyna and the moderator of nairaland I will like to talk with you..

Abeg link for online class
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 12:48am On Apr 04, 2021
angelusbrut:

Abeg link for online class

Lol. You follow pay school fees?

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nobody: 6:16am On Apr 04, 2021
WhyNa:

Lol. You follow pay school fees?

Babu,I follow but I don forget
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nobody: 8:59am On Apr 04, 2021
Abeg which University are you guys enrolled at? Or which can you suggest for me to pursue admission? My first degree in Nigeria was a huge mess and I’m yet to go for NYSC. Still thinking whether I should just go to Vietnam and start afresh with under-graduate studies.

Plus I’ve sent some mails to HUST, and two others still no reply. It’s been 3 weeks.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 11:59am On Apr 04, 2021
iamadonis2:
Abeg which University are you guys enrolled at? Or which can you suggest for me to pursue admission? My first degree in Nigeria was a huge mess and I’m yet to go for NYSC. Still thinking whether I should just go to Vietnam and start afresh with under-graduate studies.

Plus I’ve sent some mails to HUST, and two others still no reply. It’s been 3 weeks.

Like I said earlier, I don't know much about schools but I know 4 universities here that are good

British University Vietnam
Vietnam National University
Hanoi International University
FPT university

You can go to their website and check

Also, please please please, deal with only recognised universities and then rep. I wasn't comfortable with a sis here who said she was in contact with a university that wanted to do working visa for her. I told her this but after she said she did her research, I hands off cos like I said, wetin I know.

Just be careful guys. I'm in support of whatever would make those seeking greener pastures leave (except illegal activities)

Do what you must but be wise.

Oh and happy Easter

9 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nicoswit(m): 12:13pm On Apr 04, 2021
WhyNa ...give us gist nw
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nobody: 1:08pm On Apr 04, 2021
WhyNa:

Like I said earlier, I don't know much about schools but I know 4 universities here that are good

FPT university

Also, please please please, deal with only recognised universities and then rep. I wasn't comfortable with a sis here who said she was in contact with a university that wanted to do working visa for her. I told her this but after she said she did her research, I hands off cos like I said, wetin I know.

Just be careful guys. I'm in support of whatever would make those seeking greener pastures leave (except illegal activities)

Oh and happy Easter

You’re the best, WhyNa.

Happy Easter!

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by fredgod4332: 8:28pm On Apr 04, 2021
Please brother, which Visa is advisable for one to come to Vietnam with? Students ,tourist or work Visa? And how can one start the process.........thank you
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Samuelmide69: 12:16pm On Apr 05, 2021
Hello ma @ Whyna.. I want to discuss with you Please can I have your mail or number. Thanks
WhyNa:

FPT university

Oh and happy Easter
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 05, 2021
WhyNa:

FPT university

Oh and happy Easter

FPT and VNU look “within reach”. Can you help someone’s decision making process? grin grin You may not want to, but please...

My first degree is a mess, yet to go for NYSC though. I’m considering another undergraduate degree in Computer Science... Smart or dumb?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Tovai: 8:26am On Apr 06, 2021
Hello WhyNa. I am interested in the hair business. Please send me a mail.

WhyNa:
Hey guys,

It's been a minute. Again, apologies for not updating frequently. Like I said earlier, I only want to give out content that's new or that helps in anyway either by giving you insight of what life is like here or what to expect for those coming.

Sadly, I haven't been able to do much of that compared to when I just arrived as I work work work and then this year's TET wasn't a fun one due to Covid-19 so I couldn't go out or take pictures.

Anyways, everything is under control now and schools are back on. Yayyyy. I'll be resuming on Monday.

So today, I visited another province 3 hours from mine and used the sleeper bus. See pictures attached.

Here's what my experience was like....

The journey to the province was amazing. We were just about 10 or so even though we left by 8am and the bus could take maybe 40 people.

The seat/bed was sooo comfortable with enoughhhh leg space and options to comfortable recline or adjust your seat/bed however you want.

There's AC and WiFi and blankets are provided. You also take off your shoes when you go in and you're given a nylon to put them. We had a brief stop one hour into the journey and when stepping out of the bus, slippers are provided so you don't need to put your shoes back on again.. I slept very well. Haha.

The journey back though wasn't so amazing for one sole reason. The bus was fiull. The only vacant seat/bed was Infront and I wast comfortable so the moment someone from the back alighted, I took the space and big mistake....foul odour. I jejely went back to my previous space.

This is my first experience though. Probably some people there had some BO issues or maybe that's the way it is when the bus is full but I doubt cos only that area had that foul odour.

In order news, I've started my quest on finding side hustles one can do here apart from teaching. I already have one but hey, I gat Igbo blood �

Did you know bone straight hair comes from Vietnam �. Let me know if you're into that let's do business.
[color=#990000][/color]
Someone asked about school and visa. I still don't know how schooling and visa works here. I only know about working and visas.

To those "waiting" for it to get "better" ....well, while it's good to have hope, I'd advise you either take your time and think fast or while thinking, have options b and c because as long as Covid-19 is around, there's no getting better.

I've watched visa prices increase with 100usd, then 500 USD, then more than 1000 USD thanks to the rules the government keeps dishing out.

As if that's not enough, IELTS will soon follow so make hay if you've really thought about it and you feel Vietnam is the place for you.

This changes are also good for us here already as compared to the stupid 800 USD per month they were offering our African brethrens, it's now 1200. It's still poor to me but very okay for a beginner.

Hopefully, I can give more frequent updates. It may help if there's a particular topic or there are pictures of particular things you want to see. Then I can work on that.

Peace

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by d0pekellz(m): 5:28pm On Apr 07, 2021
WhyNa:

Make Una no vex mbok.

I've been mega busy. It's back to my normal schedule again so it's work work work.

Plus, I feel bad bad because I know you guys wanted pictures but I don't even know what to take pictures of again.

Yes we'll be hearing some good news soon.

Peace

Can't wait to hear this good news ohh
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Marvelights: 11:05am On Apr 08, 2021
@whyna
Thank you for being ever amazing and for all these beautiful information you've shared.

I've seen beautiful pictures you've posted but haven't seen your face. lol
Mind sharing, so we can place a face with an amazing personality
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by AmNuhRegular(m): 10:09pm On Apr 11, 2021
Sending you a mail concerning hair please

WhyNa:
Hey guys,

It's been a minute. Again, apologies for not updating frequently. Like I said earlier, I only want to give out content that's new or that helps in anyway either by giving you insight of what life is like here or what to expect for those coming.

Sadly, I haven't been able to do much of that compared to when I just arrived as I work work work and then this year's TET wasn't a fun one due to Covid-19 so I couldn't go out or take pictures.

Anyways, everything is under control now and schools are back on. Yayyyy. I'll be resuming on Monday.

So today, I visited another province 3 hours from mine and used the sleeper bus. See pictures attached.

Here's what my experience was like....

The journey to the province was amazing. We were just about 10 or so even though we left by 8am and the bus could take maybe 40 people.

The seat/bed was sooo comfortable with enoughhhh leg space and options to comfortable recline or adjust your seat/bed however you want.

There's AC and WiFi and blankets are provided. You also take off your shoes when you go in and you're given a nylon to put them. We had a brief stop one hour into the journey and when stepping out of the bus, slippers are provided so you don't need to put your shoes back on again.. I slept very well. Haha.

The journey back though wasn't so amazing for one sole reason. The bus was fiull. The only vacant seat/bed was Infront and I wast comfortable so the moment someone from the back alighted, I took the space and big mistake....foul odour. I jejely went back to my previous space.

This is my first experience though. Probably some people there had some BO issues or maybe that's the way it is when the bus is full but I doubt cos only that area had that foul odour.

In order news, I've started my quest on finding side hustles one can do here apart from teaching. I already have one but hey, I gat Igbo blood �

Did you know bone straight hair comes from Vietnam �. Let me know if you're into that let's do business.

Someone asked about school and visa. I still don't know how schooling and visa works here. I only know about working and visas.

To those "waiting" for it to get "better" ....well, while it's good to have hope, I'd advise you either take your time and think fast or while thinking, have options b and c because as long as Covid-19 is around, there's no getting better.

I've watched visa prices increase with 100usd, then 500 USD, then more than 1000 USD thanks to the rules the government keeps dishing out.

As if that's not enough, IELTS will soon follow so make hay if you've really thought about it and you feel Vietnam is the place for you.

This changes are also good for us here already as compared to the stupid 800 USD per month they were offering our African brethrens, it's now 1200. It's still poor to me but very okay for a beginner.

Hopefully, I can give more frequent updates. It may help if there's a particular topic or there are pictures of particular things you want to see. Then I can work on that.

Peace

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Airborne02(m): 1:52am On Apr 17, 2021
Ohhh aunty whyna come and feed us ooo .. my eyes itching to seeing fine places.. at least we pray one day we will b out there too amin..hows the Muslims observing Ramadan over there
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by dlordy100: 12:06pm On Apr 25, 2021
any updates so far @whyna
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 10:41am On May 01, 2021
***Dusts Pen***

Wow. It's really been a while since I wrote here. How is everyone doing?

First, Big Congratulations to the 2 nairalanders who just got their visas and would be leaving soon. I'm happy for you guys. Seen you soon.

More to follow. I hope they share their story from their own point of view when the time comes. It would be good to read from someone else. Me I don old cheesy cheesy

Also, I'm working on something big and juicy for the studuents. Mostly Art, Hospitality and Business related students. I pray it pulls through as many people out their have been enquiring about student's visas. Stay tuned

We're about getting to the end of Spring. I don't like Spring at alllll. Summer is even worse.

Spring is a combination of Rain, Sun and cold. You can experience all 3 of them in 30 minutes. Like when you're going out, you don't know how to dress and what to take because weather can change drastically in 5 minutes. I'm not looking forward to the hot summer at all

On Covid situation, neighbouring countries like Cambodia, Thailand and Laos are not doing well and this is a threat to Vietnam.

Two days ago, we had a new case after some months of rest. An Indian in quarantine tested postive for Covid, the second strain. Then a staff where he is being quarantined got it. The Staff in turn gave it to 4 members of a family who then passed it on. Phew.

Right now, they've started taking precautions and shutting down karaoke bars, pub and all those unnecessary public places. Fingers crossed.

All this is happening just less than one month to summer vacation when lots of people travel.

I was acyually looking forward to traveling so i can take pictures and share with you guys because Vietname has looooots of beautiful tourist places in different provinces

Anyways, hope y'all are doing well and congrats again to those whose visas came out. More testimonies to follow soon

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by SpeciallyUnique(m): 4:36pm On May 02, 2021
TO GOD BE THE GLORY... @WhyNa

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 12:50pm On May 04, 2021
SpeciallyUnique:
TO GOD BE THE GLORY... @WhyNa

Yea. I'm thankful to God and happy for them. They will share their story at the right time

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 05, 2021
GreAt for them.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 05, 2021
Samuelmide69:
I pray make Vietnam open border for us by April, I thank God say we just finished our first semester through online and our second semester just started, my people Online class no easy but I Enjoy am...

The good news is that our school just open admission portal now @whyna and the moderator of nairaland I will like to talk with you..

Bro which school do u apply in

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 11:39pm On May 14, 2021
Welcome Welcome Welcome!

10 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Pureheart91(m): 9:12am On May 15, 2021
WhyNa:
Welcome Welcome Welcome!

Congrats sis... Hope to be there soon.

Meanwhile, how much is the overall cost now ranging from all the process to settling down in the first three months.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by aminusodiq(m): 7:51pm On May 22, 2021
emperorblog21:

Bro which school do u apply in
hello bro... Can I mail you? Will be glad if its a yes
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 11:18am On May 23, 2021
Pureheart91:

Congrats sis... Hope to be there soon.

Meanwhile, how much is the overall cost now ranging from all the process to settling down in the first three months.

Running into 5000 USD now.

We've been on a partial lockdown since the beginning of May. Vietnam is currently having iher 4th wave of the virus and it's worse than the previous three. Luckily, it's under control

Quarantine has been increased to 21 days so the price shot up. Issuing of visa has also been paused.

The two Nairalanders were lucky to have left one week after their visa came out cos 3 days after they came, everything changed

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by dehiero: 12:23pm On May 23, 2021
WhyNa:

Running into 5000 USD now.

We've been on a partial lockdown since the beginning of May. Vietnam is currently having iher 4th wave of the virus and it's worse than the previous three. Luckily, it's under control

Quarantine has been increased to 21 days so the price shot up. Issuing of visa has also been paused.

The two Nairalanders were lucky to have left one week after their visa came out cos 3 days after they came, everything changed
Did they come in with a student visa or work?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by aguizm(m): 10:32am On Jun 01, 2021
Please someone should recommend a reputable TEFL institute whose certificate is internationally recognized.

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (114) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.