Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,224 members, 7,825,857 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State (52782 Views)

Picture Of Past Presidents, Governor And First Lady Standing For VP Shettima / We Will Protect Nigerians’ Rights Regardless Of Ethnic Origins – Shettima / These Images From Nigeria’s Past And Present Would Leave You Speechless (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by NOHOLDSBAR: 3:07pm On Feb 15, 2020
[s]
MelesZenawi:

Hausa-fulani remains the right word...both must be together.
[/s]
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by TUANKU(m): 3:07pm On Feb 15, 2020
360degreess:
All i know is;North is hausa and hausg is North.
Imagine how a bigot reasons. Even if they use chisel to open your block head and stuff knowledge inside it still won't work.

2 Likes

Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by AMvanquish: 3:18pm On Feb 15, 2020
ogaemma:
The Murtala Mohammed history is true. After the civil war, because of trade and commerce so many people from Auchi, Ida and Okene left for Kano and never returned. Today their children are claiming hausa or Fulani.
Thanks for this history.

I can believe this, coz I have come across alot of Kano indigenes/friends who have Kogi/Edo/Auchi ancestry but claim Kano wholeheartedly now. They don't even even want people to know their true origins.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by PHijo(m): 3:21pm On Feb 15, 2020
TUANKU:

Imagine how a bigot reasons. Even if they use chisel to open your block head and stuff knowledge inside it still won't work.

Don't mind them!
This is one of the reasons terrorists have held this country hostage. People have refused to inform themselves, work with others to change the narrative in a positive way.

2 Likes

Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by AMvanquish: 3:27pm On Feb 15, 2020
360degreess:

If that's what you think, go and collect your school fees cos history lessons failed you in this aspect.

1 Like

Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by juman(m): 3:30pm On Feb 15, 2020
Next president likely would come from south west.
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by Laytin: 3:37pm On Feb 15, 2020
[s]
NOHOLDSBAR:
[/s]
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by Huffington: 3:49pm On Feb 15, 2020

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by uyibaba: 3:50pm On Feb 15, 2020
Good write up I am interested in the ethnicity of General Sanni Abacha some fact points to Chad. Especially the kanuri race
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by DanZubair(m): 3:53pm On Feb 15, 2020
I never knew Abdulsalam Abubakar was Hausa until now, but i know that of IBB.

1 Like

Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by thundafire: 3:55pm On Feb 15, 2020
I know Buhari own will be different
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by belovedaja(m): 4:26pm On Feb 15, 2020
Aguiyi Ironsi is from Bende and Umuahia
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by Donaldoni: 4:31pm On Feb 15, 2020
Deputy1111:
How old are You? Where were you when GEJ was voted for in 2011 as the president of Nigeria.

So GEJ first became president in 2011

Forgetful dulllards everywhere...
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by Juniorangel(m): 4:32pm On Feb 15, 2020
Where is Zik?
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by Donaldoni: 4:32pm On Feb 15, 2020
Mandeyy:
Why didn't you add Nwafor Orizu?

Who is/was he
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by NamelessOGBENI(m): 4:34pm On Feb 15, 2020
Wickedfacts:

I think so.
They migrated to the North to trade as a lot of Ogbomoso people do.

Today, the largest population of Yorubas in the North are from Ogbomoso. Many of their children have never been to Ogbomoso. They are scattered all across the North.
It's a wicked fact but that's just the bitter truth...
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by Bassa1: 4:47pm On Feb 15, 2020
Shekau is not a Fulani man, he is a Kanuri man just like most BH member.
seunlayi:

Fulani will soon have their own country, shecow will be the first President of the region that has 4ever bn a burden infested with parasites, he has warned someone never to come to near that territory again

Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by iamDrRhymes(m): 4:52pm On Feb 15, 2020
What of Zik, Abacha and shonekon?
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by Octimusprime: 4:59pm On Feb 15, 2020
How good are your logos?.
Citytrend:
Not a bad idea for History Students
One the other hand, I wish God will open our eyes to see what ethicity has done to this country

Abeg joo, I will Design a Professional Logo for your Company or Product For 2k Only. Offer valid Today Only. See my info below to Chat me
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by juman(m): 5:14pm On Feb 15, 2020
Caseless:
where is abacha and shonekan?
We all contributed to the mess we have today. No one is living the wreckage.

Shonekan came from abeokuta.
Abacha was from borno. Maryam abacha was said came from niger republic.
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by JayB11(m): 6:05pm On Feb 15, 2020
360degreess:
Uwaka...shege kawai
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by JayB11(m): 6:06pm On Feb 15, 2020
ZombieHUNT:

Liar....
There is nothing like North

Just group of rag heads whose elites use religion to dupe and impoverish
You indeed are a joke....
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by Nobody: 6:17pm On Feb 15, 2020
Donaldoni:

Who is/was he
Google will help you.
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by komols856: 6:30pm On Feb 15, 2020
Thank you for the sensitization. it is indeed an eye opener.

Reasons why you must invest in Lekki free trade zone area of, Lagos �
✴️ The value of the land increases exponentially ✴️ There is freedom from Omonile and Government Acquisition ✴️ Proximity to luxury locations and resorts ✴️ Nearness to the Lekki-Epe Airport ✴️ The Lekki/Epe Export Free Trade Zone
The land is fully Gazetted and with great future return on investment.
Pay #1.5m now and be a landlord.
Call 08030897019 to get your plot now..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by Bekool(m): 6:56pm On Feb 15, 2020
sarrki:

https://www.farooqkperogi.com/2020/02/true-ethnic-origins-of-nigerias-past.html?m=1

Very educative and interesting thread so the hausas have actually ruled nigeria while the ijaws have'nt.
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by wonder233: 9:19pm On Feb 15, 2020
Why does ethnicity mean so much to Nigerians? I conducted a social experiment spanning 6years (2013 - 2019): during that period, I declined answering the "where are you from"? Question.
Every new acquaintance I met during that period refused talking to me further.
The irony is that, everyone claims they are not tribalistic, yet cannot let it go if you refuse to "disclose" your tribe!
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by Deputy1111(m): 9:26pm On Feb 15, 2020
Donaldoni:

So GEJ first became president in 2011

Forgetful dulllards everywhere...
Mumu, GEJ first completed Yaradua's tenure, he was not voted for then, but was voted for after Yaradua's tenure. Let your brain work guy.
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by gaskiyamagana: 9:36pm On Feb 15, 2020
valarmorghulis:
What about shonekan?
Shonekan is not a Nigeria president. Was there any National holiday when he died?
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by watchindelta(m): 10:02pm On Feb 15, 2020
Fulanis are not Nigeria but from Chad n Niger rep shocked shocked but they are very smart and take over Nigeria Crown. cheesy
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by matiandu(m): 10:36pm On Feb 15, 2020
Nigerian history is full of assumptions and few facts.
God knows y we have no trust in our history.
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by alezzy13: 11:11pm On Feb 15, 2020
modsfucker:

Abacha is Babur from Borno State, the same tribe as Buratai.

Are you sure? I believe I read somewhere that he's Kanuri
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by Donaldoni: 11:21pm On Feb 15, 2020
Deputy1111:
Mumu, GEJ first completed Yaradua's tenure, he was not voted for then, but was voted for after Yaradua's tenure. Let your brain work guy.

So when he was completing Yar'Adua's tenure, was it your father that was referred to as the president

My point remains that you don't have to be voted for to become president.

Dulllards everywhere...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Okonjo-Iweala: Swiss Newspapers Call New WTO DG ’66-Year-Old Grandmother' / INEC Withdraws Peter Nwaoboshi's Certificate Of Return / Thugs Attempting To Snatch Ballot Boxes In Akwa Ibom Caught, Beaten To Pulp (Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.