Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,985 members, 7,821,430 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State (52766 Views)

Picture Of Past Presidents, Governor And First Lady Standing For VP Shettima / We Will Protect Nigerians’ Rights Regardless Of Ethnic Origins – Shettima / These Images From Nigeria’s Past And Present Would Leave You Speechless (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by YorubaLord: 12:55pm On Feb 15, 2020
valarmorghulis:
What about shonekan?

Nnamdi Azikiwe?

2 Likes

Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by MoLayonu: 12:55pm On Feb 15, 2020
Ykc2:
The fact still remains that many northerners are foreigners thats why in the north fulani people bears name of local government or name of a town unlike in the east or west where every one knew where they came from,example Alhaji tofa of tofa town Alhaji shehu shagari of shagari town ,I never hear of ademola ijebu ode or ifeanyi nnewi as a surname angry

There is Remi Oshodi

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by isaacsegun(m): 12:57pm On Feb 15, 2020
mvem:
this is quite interesting...I will do some research about it
What he said might not be far from the truth. There are many ogbomosho people in Niger state even in remote villages that you will never expect, and the funniest thing is many of them have not been to ogbomosho or Yoruba land in decades. I heard that is how ogbomosho people scattered all over the north.
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by bizhop01: 12:57pm On Feb 15, 2020
Sammy07:
Judging from the write up.
2 Hausas
2 Fulanis
1 Yoruba
1 Igbo

Others are minorities.
This people are not real Nigerian, the came from Chad, Niger, Sudan.
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by AnanseK(m): 12:57pm On Feb 15, 2020
orisa37:

What about Abacha? He was an Abomination.

Abacha was a nationalist
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by adanny01(m): 12:58pm On Feb 15, 2020
360degreess:
All i know is;North is hausa and hausg is North.

It goes to say that the SW is Yoruba and the SE including SS is Igbo.

The second sentence of the OP said this about people like you
Nigeria’s education system robs Nigerians of basic knowledge about their country and its people.

Bigotry is a choice, you made yours.

2 Likes

Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by Donaldoni: 12:59pm On Feb 15, 2020
Deputy1111:
Has Osinbajo ever been voted for as the president of this country Mr busybody?? You can't just be ok until you mention Osinbajo, I beg pack well.

Was GEJ voted for before he became president
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by mitty1122: 12:59pm On Feb 15, 2020
ZombieHUNT:

Liar....
There is nothing like North

Just group of rag heads whose elites use religion to dupe and impoverish
you are insane
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by Auxtin85(m): 12:59pm On Feb 15, 2020
Ihategirls:
Daura, Katsina

Buhari Is a Sudanese
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by Donaldoni: 12:59pm On Feb 15, 2020
okefranci:

The write up said Nigeria past head of state and you are mentioning VP osinbajo,does VP among the past or present head of state ,you need to back to primary school and understand the meaning of head of state

Osinbajo was head of state for 100 days albeit in acting capacity... cool
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by modsfucker: 1:00pm On Feb 15, 2020
360degreess:
All i know is;North is hausa and hausg is North.

You need some school if that's the case.
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by modsfucker: 1:02pm On Feb 15, 2020
orisa37:

What about Abacha? He was an Abomination.

Abacha is Babur from Borno State, the same tribe as Buratai.

3 Likes

Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by Commentor: 1:03pm On Feb 15, 2020
alfasexy:
Afonja express new don arrive again with their fabricated news.

Everybody knows you won't learn.

Why you don't want others to learn can only be due to an evil longing.

Go for deliverance.

1 Like

Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by Laytin: 1:05pm On Feb 15, 2020
[s]
Commentor:

Everybody knows you won't learn.

Why you don't want others to learn can only be due to an evil longing.

Go for deliverance.
[/s]
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by Laytin: 1:05pm On Feb 15, 2020
[s]
YorubaLord:

Nnamdi Azikiwe?
[/s]
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by PHijo(m): 1:06pm On Feb 15, 2020
Ogbia is Ijaw just like any other Ijaw clan. Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't understand the history and dynamics of the Ijaw peoples.
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by Deputy1111(m): 1:08pm On Feb 15, 2020
Donaldoni:

Was GEJ voted for before he became president
How old are You? Where were you when GEJ was voted for in 2011 as the president of Nigeria.
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by Sammy07: 1:10pm On Feb 15, 2020
joepepsy:
Minority wey dey feed the whole country..una no dey shame

It's every tribe that feeds the whole country
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by millhouse: 1:11pm On Feb 15, 2020
Cool
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by alaira(m): 1:11pm On Feb 15, 2020
valarmorghulis:
What about shonekan?
WHAT ABOUT GENERAL IBRAHIM SANI ABACHA?
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by myobjective: 1:12pm On Feb 15, 2020
oyichi:
those guys from Mina are pure Gwari, no Hausa man ruled this country, they have been overshadowed by the Fulani in there own land

Minna has lots of Hausa settlers.
The former governor talba was a Sokoto man. Many of Nigeri elites are either Hausa or Fulani settlers from core North, a town like Suleja even have an emirate that is from Zaria, you will be surprised to know that the state has produced two Hausa governor.

2 Likes

Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by slivertongue: 1:12pm On Feb 15, 2020
Atiku abubakar is Tuareg
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by myobjective: 1:18pm On Feb 15, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Most of them especially the Muslims easily identify with the Hausa-Fulani tag. I've met with several of them. Ask them their tribe and they'll fall silent. But they behave and speak in such a way as to be construed as Hausa.

Don't mind the writer of that article.
Any Muslim from the northwest identify has Hausa despite having minorities in some of the states.

Muslims from States like Bauchi, Yobe, and Gombe either identify as Fulani or Hausa despite not being Hausa. Hausa is now an identity used by northern Muslims who are originally Hausa or Fulani
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by joepepsy(m): 1:19pm On Feb 15, 2020
Without the south south nigeria is mali or niger.
Sammy07:

It's every tribe that feeds the whole country

1 Like

Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by adanny01(m): 1:22pm On Feb 15, 2020
Amanda4life:

So who is fooling who.

Those people saying rubbish against Biafra
Should just shut up their smelly mouth. If they don't know what is good for them, other people do.
Since you people do not know what will be good for you and your generation, shut the hell up and leave those who know what is good them.

Now let me asked you , how do you expect me to love a country I know fully well will not allow me and my generation to smell presidential seat, a country where certain set of people feel they are born to rule forever. Other tribes spend a lot of money to get educated which they don't, still they are valued more than the educated one.

A country where certain tribes kill others because of religion and ethnicity like that.

Those that are saying things against Biafra are dirty pigs.

Its simple, I don't want to belong to your country, please deport me to USA

Or you change your ways talk to your brother's and sisters.
Or let us be in our own smaller country.
I don't think its a big deal.

Why are you angry?

Do not forget that a group of Igbo military officers went on rampage, killing every other ethic officer in the way of Gen. Ironsi with the support of Igbos.

Up till, today Igbos don't subscribe to Nigeria as a nation, they are either thinking of an Igbo president or secession.

If an Igbo man still thinks of secession, how can he be made president when he can just put an end to the Nation.

Civil war happened because an Igbo man was passed over for president. Till today, the Igbo man has not shown any sign of unity with all ethic groups. How do you expect the Igbo man to be president with such behavior.

The SS has decided to move on and the have gotten recognition from the rest of Nigeria, when will the Igbo do same?

2 Likes

Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by mvem(m): 1:23pm On Feb 15, 2020
Wickedfacts:

Yeah.
Ogbomoso is a town in Oyo State.
That's where LAUTECH is.
alright...So IBB denied his roots
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by karwa: 1:23pm On Feb 15, 2020
10 Gen. Sani Abacha: Kanuri Originally From Borno To Kano

1 Like 1 Share

Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by Ykc2(m): 1:26pm On Feb 15, 2020
MoLayonu:

There is Remi Oshodi
oshodi is uhrobo name like agege too
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by WelcomeToBiafra: 1:27pm On Feb 15, 2020
Nigeria is a name of a group created by British terrorist led by terrorist lugard and prostitute Fulani terrorist journalist named Flora Shaw.

A nigeria with zero hour electricity, even to charge our phones or use our appliances.

Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by Scamperlee(m): 1:27pm On Feb 15, 2020
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by Enculer2: 1:28pm On Feb 15, 2020
jaxxy:
What has ethnic origin got to do with good governance? We keep deceiving ourselves with tribal bigotry and using ethnicity as benchmarks for performance.

When sm1 is capable and can perform it’s obvious by certain traits and attributes ethnicity isn’t one.

If u like u can keep glorifying ur tribal bigotry and languishing in ur absolute ignorance.

What an idiot you are. Have the presidents be competent?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG To Pardon Orji Kalu, Dariye, Nyame. Ignores El-Zakzaky - Sahara Reporters / Rally For Bola Tinubu In Akure (Photos) / Check Out The Easter Card Presented To Mr President, GEJ And His Wife [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.