Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,014 members, 7,835,437 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Uniabuja Ex-sug PRO Breaks Nigerian Record- First Student Leader With 1st Class - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Uniabuja Ex-sug PRO Breaks Nigerian Record- First Student Leader With 1st Class (429 Views)

John Adaigbe: UNIBEN's First Student Ever With Matric. Number 001 / Noble Eyisi Graduates With 1st Class In The UK After Suspension From UNIZIK / Nursing Mum Graduates With 1st Class Despite Writing Final Exams While Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Uniabuja Ex-sug PRO Breaks Nigerian Record- First Student Leader With 1st Class by Mcpikin: 1:17pm On Feb 15, 2020
It seems to be a harvest of First class degrees and setting of records in the Nigerian higher institutions as another young Nigerian guy has made history in the North- Central part of part of the country (FCT).

Comr. Ozioma Collins Oguine the ex-SUG PRO of University of Abuja (Uniabuja) who convocated on the 15th of February, 2020 has bagged a first class degree in Computer Science making him the first Students Union Executive in Nigeria to achieve this feat.

The handsome guy who is well renowned and admired by many for his impacts in student's activism in the University and beyond has successfully joined the list of history-making individuals in Nigeria. He also emerged the best graduating Computer Science student and broke a 23 years record in his department alongside his sister.

According to several students, Comr. Ozioma Collins Oguine is a very hardworking student with great humility, personality and vision which altogether made him who he is today. Most students were left astonished as to how he was able to joggle students politics and academics together, others were filled with love and joy for the history breaking graduate.

In an interview with our History breaker her has this to say:

"I want to appreciate God for his faithfulness, guidance and protection all through. In truth, the journey was not an easy one. I had visions and ideas to positively transform and improve the welfare of students in my university and those visions drove me into students politics. I served at the departmental level before transcending into full student Unionism, NANS and thus my journey to becoming a comrade. I still remember situations where i had to skip classes to attend to issues regarding to the welfarism and well-being of students (my brothers and sisters) which i do not regret. And i recall how i had to do several TDB's to recover the lost class time, serious hunger strikes and most especially the Mosquito bites. I want to in all love and appreciation thank my wonderful parents and siblings for being my backbone and for always believing in me when i needed it the most. As future leaders of this country i am of the believe that if we need to bring about positive National changes and transformation, then we must start from the grassroots (our institutions) to build and prepare ourselves for the task at hand and the call to serve our fatherland. It is necessary for us all to imbibe the mindset of activism and selflessness to enable us rise to the occasion to make things right. Where i am today, i owe to the mercies of God".

He further advised that:

"Youth should be interested in our politics, so we can help put things right in this country. Many students say they want to graduate with good results hence they stay clear off politics as it is believed to be a distraction. But that's not true. i want all Nigerian scholars to know that fighting for justice and the rights of humanity does not stop your from being where you want to be, No; rather it encourages you and boost your potentials to be the best you can be. I am a living testimony. Let us all rise to the occasion, Nigeria's call obey. Long Live Uniabuja, Long Live Nigeria; VIVA A LUTA".

Comr. Ozioma Collins Oguine is one of the 26 graduands from various faculties in the university who bagged first class degrees at the 24th Convocation Ceremony, with 866 making second class upper; 2,317 with second class lower. In the third class degree category are 339 students and 52 Pass.

Re: Uniabuja Ex-sug PRO Breaks Nigerian Record- First Student Leader With 1st Class by Lebrai: 1:21pm On Feb 15, 2020
nice one you went there for degree not for infant politics
keep it up

(1) (Reply)

2020 Waec Examination Details / Library Science As A Course Of Study / How Did You Know About Nairaland? Share With Us.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.