Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,453 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

Nursing Mum Graduates With 1st Class Despite Writing Final Exams While Pregnant - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nursing Mum Graduates With 1st Class Despite Writing Final Exams While Pregnant (41299 Views)

Student Kicked Out Of OAU In Final Year, Graduates With 1st Class From FUTA / Noble Eyisi Graduates With 1st Class In The UK After Suspension From UNIZIK / Ahmad Idris Kareka Graduates With 1st Class From Shenyang University Technology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nursing Mum Graduates With 1st Class Despite Writing Final Exams While Pregnant by envoymedia: 2:35pm On Mar 29, 2021
Nursing Mum Graduates With First Class Despite Writing Final Exams While Pregnant (Photos)

A woman who sat for her final exams while pregnant and gave birth 3 days after her exams, has become the first person to ever graduate with a first class from the Linguistics and Communications Studies in University of Calabar (UNICAL), IgbereTV reports.

The woman identified as Colette Offiong Bassey took to Instagram to share her testimony following her convocation ceremony.

She revealed that it wasn't easy as she wrote her exams just days before her due date, yet she not only succeeded, but also set a record.

In the Unical department of Linguistics and Communications Studies' 44 years history, no one has ever graduated with a First Class in the department, until Colette.

She wrote;

"My testimony is on the next slide

To God be the glory!
I remember finishing exams on a certain Wednesday and giving birth that Saturday. It was one hell of a ride but it ended in praise.

After God, my gratitude goes to my husband who Pushed me hard and gave me great support. I have a great support system, the rest of family included.
Thank you

Thank You everyone. I’m super thankful for the show of love.

It’s never too late to achieve excellence, you just have to start. Take the step, whatever it is.

The journey to greatness goes on.

My name is Colette Offiong Bassey, First Class honors degree holder
Linguistics and Communication Studies

To God be the glory!

#firstclassdegree #beautyandbrains #notyourtypicalnerd"
https://www.instagram.com/p/CM7JmExAsHF/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nursing Mum Graduates With 1st Class Despite Writing Final Exams While Pregnant by envoymedia: 2:57pm On Mar 29, 2021

1 Like

Re: Nursing Mum Graduates With 1st Class Despite Writing Final Exams While Pregnant by shiki(m): 4:09pm On Mar 29, 2021
cheesy That's determination + Hard work
...the pikin will be 1st citizen one day

Can I claim this FTC and dedicate to my son, whose birthday is today

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nursing Mum Graduates With 1st Class Despite Writing Final Exams While Pregnant by omowolewa: 4:09pm On Mar 29, 2021
Congratulations.

On the double honor

12 Likes

Re: Nursing Mum Graduates With 1st Class Despite Writing Final Exams While Pregnant by Ghost1994: 4:10pm On Mar 29, 2021
Congratulations...

May God continue to be with you

4 Likes

Re: Nursing Mum Graduates With 1st Class Despite Writing Final Exams While Pregnant by Ololanla: 4:10pm On Mar 29, 2021
Congratulations
Re: Nursing Mum Graduates With 1st Class Despite Writing Final Exams While Pregnant by Musharraf7: 4:10pm On Mar 29, 2021
Good.
Re: Nursing Mum Graduates With 1st Class Despite Writing Final Exams While Pregnant by AMvanquish: 4:10pm On Mar 29, 2021
The real Slay Mama. Nice 1

15 Likes

Re: Nursing Mum Graduates With 1st Class Despite Writing Final Exams While Pregnant by Vyolet(f): 4:10pm On Mar 29, 2021
That is impressive, congrats to her and her baby kiss

6 Likes

Re: Nursing Mum Graduates With 1st Class Despite Writing Final Exams While Pregnant by Crypto4life: 4:10pm On Mar 29, 2021
thank God for his goodness
Re: Nursing Mum Graduates With 1st Class Despite Writing Final Exams While Pregnant by Matheusmartin: 4:11pm On Mar 29, 2021
Actually thought she finished and had the first class from nursing department.

Kudos to her.
Book work nor be moi moi.

Na abroad dey my eyes..

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nursing Mum Graduates With 1st Class Despite Writing Final Exams While Pregnant by slawormiir: 4:11pm On Mar 29, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright..nice

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nursing Mum Graduates With 1st Class Despite Writing Final Exams While Pregnant by BlessedNuel: 4:11pm On Mar 29, 2021
Congratulations to her

1 Like

Re: Nursing Mum Graduates With 1st Class Despite Writing Final Exams While Pregnant by 4tomandchi: 4:11pm On Mar 29, 2021
Congratulations to her. He who has found this wife has found a good thing.

I hope all these girls wey dey post nudity online go see there mate!!!

I wonder where this generation will rank in world history?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nursing Mum Graduates With 1st Class Despite Writing Final Exams While Pregnant by Mayng01(m): 4:11pm On Mar 29, 2021
Calabar! tongue
Re: Nursing Mum Graduates With 1st Class Despite Writing Final Exams While Pregnant by Nobody: 4:11pm On Mar 29, 2021
Yes! and so what!? undecided

1 Like

Re: Nursing Mum Graduates With 1st Class Despite Writing Final Exams While Pregnant by OlayemiAshraf(m): 4:11pm On Mar 29, 2021
So... What's all the hyping for !

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nursing Mum Graduates With 1st Class Despite Writing Final Exams While Pregnant by femi4: 4:12pm On Mar 29, 2021
Kini big deal... pregnancy no be sickness

No wonder, It can only be from one of those waka pass courses. Lingui... whatever

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nursing Mum Graduates With 1st Class Despite Writing Final Exams While Pregnant by tolumizzy(m): 4:12pm On Mar 29, 2021
This is so amazing.... I love this type of female future... Not all those send me 2k olosho

2 Likes

Re: Nursing Mum Graduates With 1st Class Despite Writing Final Exams While Pregnant by phoenix90(m): 4:12pm On Mar 29, 2021
She come fine join, super babe

1 Like

Re: Nursing Mum Graduates With 1st Class Despite Writing Final Exams While Pregnant by Racoon(m): 4:13pm On Mar 29, 2021
Brainy mum!
Re: Nursing Mum Graduates With 1st Class Despite Writing Final Exams While Pregnant by jeff1607(m): 4:13pm On Mar 29, 2021
Heathrow44:
Yes! and so what!? undecided

Hug transformer

2 Likes

Re: Nursing Mum Graduates With 1st Class Despite Writing Final Exams While Pregnant by walozanga(m): 4:13pm On Mar 29, 2021
Some babes here na to .......... grin make I no talk
Re: Nursing Mum Graduates With 1st Class Despite Writing Final Exams While Pregnant by sotall(m): 4:13pm On Mar 29, 2021
Pregnancy doesn't impede intelligence

4 Likes

Re: Nursing Mum Graduates With 1st Class Despite Writing Final Exams While Pregnant by CassJanet: 4:13pm On Mar 29, 2021
Kudos to you madam.Congratulations
Re: Nursing Mum Graduates With 1st Class Despite Writing Final Exams While Pregnant by macphilip: 4:13pm On Mar 29, 2021
displaying people's names in your convocation material on a public platform is a breach of their privacy
they can actually sue you for that ma'am

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nursing Mum Graduates With 1st Class Despite Writing Final Exams While Pregnant by oluwaseyi0: 4:14pm On Mar 29, 2021
So all this parents advice of forget boys and face your study na scam

You can actually be collecting it steadily and still finish above the team virgin, wawu

On the other hand what happen to Ekanem Faith Mfon and Eshua Mary Elizabeth that they finish with 3rd class?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nursing Mum Graduates With 1st Class Despite Writing Final Exams While Pregnant by Grace001: 4:14pm On Mar 29, 2021
What’s the big deal...pregnancy doesn’t stopped her brain from functioning
Re: Nursing Mum Graduates With 1st Class Despite Writing Final Exams While Pregnant by Gbest90(m): 4:14pm On Mar 29, 2021
Ah don't understand.

Was the pregnancy supposed to affect her brain.

1 Like

Re: Nursing Mum Graduates With 1st Class Despite Writing Final Exams While Pregnant by kingsleefolli(m): 4:14pm On Mar 29, 2021
She don't have a look of a serious student,abeg check the DNA before I comment.cant waste my comment please.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

University With The Highest Number Of Broke Students / Education Section Chat Room / Hilarious Picture Of A UNN Finalist's Celebration Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.