Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,052 members, 7,821,627 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Toyota Tundra Or Tacoma ..... Help Me Choose - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Tundra Or Tacoma ..... Help Me Choose (5115 Views)

Help Me Choose Between Venza, Camry And BMW / Help Me Choose Chiefs. Acura MDX Or Lexus RX 330 / Help Me Choose Between ML350 2013 Vs GLK 350 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toyota Tundra Or Tacoma ..... Help Me Choose by Nobody: 4:22pm On Feb 16, 2020
adanny01:

grin grin grin
Humans are not perfect talk less of machines.
True talk
Re: Toyota Tundra Or Tacoma ..... Help Me Choose by adanny01(m): 5:17pm On Feb 16, 2020
conductor259:
[s][/s]
If a Toyota, ranked the most reliable car in the world, is problematic according to you, a yoosless Benzedes fanboy, that means that every other car in the world is useless.

Mugu cheesy

I can see Porsche is ahead of your favorite Toyota.

Is it not the Porsche Cayenne that is all over mechanic garages in Nigeria?

I also dont get the need for insults.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Tundra Or Tacoma ..... Help Me Choose by Nobody: 5:18pm On Feb 16, 2020
adanny01:

Why bother?
Bro what is the issue with EOD automatic transmission?
Re: Toyota Tundra Or Tacoma ..... Help Me Choose by conductor259: 5:25pm On Feb 16, 2020
adanny01:

Nah, if you look well you will see Lexus (Toyota product) on the number one spot. Toyota scored the same points with Porsche so they are both second place (only that Porsche is written first due to alphabetical order).

The ranking makes use of drivers' information from 2020 cars. The Porsches you see in mechanic are not 2020 models so what this ranking definitely means is that Porsche (unlike some other shitbox companies) have improved on their vehicle quality over the years to be on par with Toyota.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toyota Tundra Or Tacoma ..... Help Me Choose by adanny01(m): 10:05pm On Feb 16, 2020
Smartchoiice:

Why bother?
Bro what is the issue with EOD automatic transmission?

The issue is use the right transmission oil or nothing.
Re: Toyota Tundra Or Tacoma ..... Help Me Choose by adanny01(m): 10:16pm On Feb 16, 2020
conductor259:

Nah, if you look well you will see Lexus (Toyota product) on the number one spot. Toyota scored the same points with Porsche so they are both second place (only that Porsche is written first due to alphabetical order).

The ranking makes use of drivers' information from 2020 cars. The Porsches you see in mechanic are not 2020 models so what this ranking definitely means is that Porsche (unlike some other shitbox companies) have improved on their vehicle quality over the years to be on par with Toyota.

Come o!

If drivers information for 2020 is used for the dependability test, I bet you that data derived from such a test will be wrong. Even an Innoson vehicle should be very dependable if it just rolled out of the factory.

So it is either what you are saying is wrong or the research is wrong. I choose to believe you are wrong.

The year on your post says 2019. Does that mean the test was done before all the said brands even released their 2020 model year cars?

1 Like

Re: Toyota Tundra Or Tacoma ..... Help Me Choose by Nobody: 10:19pm On Feb 16, 2020
adanny01:

The issue is use the right transmission oil or nothing.
Buying Nigeria used...how much is the transmission toks
Re: Toyota Tundra Or Tacoma ..... Help Me Choose by conductor259: 10:27pm On Feb 16, 2020
adanny01:

Come o!

If drivers information for 2020 is used for the dependability test, I bet you that data derived from such a test will be wrong. Even an Innoson vehicle should be very dependable if it just rolled out of the factory.

So it is either what you are saying is wrong or the research is wrong. I choose to believe you are wrong.

The year on your post says 2019. Does that mean the test was done before all the said brands even released their 2020 model year cars?
Lol. African man strikes again. You wish but it doesn't work that way.

First off, many companies have finished selling most of their 2020 cars in 2019, many are selling 2021 models right now. By 2021 many people must have finished driven their 2021 model cars for a complete year and by then they will be able to vote in different studies whether the car was smooth or problematic.

One year is enough to know a car that is problematic. For example I know you aren't aware that Benzedes recalled nearly 1m C300 because they literally set themselves on fire when parked. Brand new cars, some burnt themselves on the same day they were bought.

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Toyota Tundra Or Tacoma ..... Help Me Choose by adanny01(m): 10:48pm On Feb 16, 2020
Smartchoiice:

Buying Nigeria used...how much is the transmission toks

Less than 100k. I think about 70-90k. Last time I asked, engine and gear is about 230k.
Re: Toyota Tundra Or Tacoma ..... Help Me Choose by adanny01(m): 11:00pm On Feb 16, 2020
conductor259:

Lol. African man strikes again. You wish but it doesn't work that way.

First off, many companies have finished selling most of their 2020 cars in 2019, many are selling 2021 models right now. By 2021 many people must have finished driven their 2021 model cars for a complete year and by then they will be able to vote in different studies whether the car was smooth or problematic.

One year is enough to know a car that is problematic. For example I know you aren't aware that Benzedes recalled nearly 1m C300 because they literally set themselves on fire when parked. Brand new cars, some burnt themselves on the same day they were bought.

cheesy

How many 2021 models have you seen on the street?

So if I want to buy a 2020 model of any car, i wont get it because it was sold last year?

So you are telling me, JD did the research with 2020 models sold in 2019, then after 1 yr (2020), drivers were able to rate the dependability of their cars and then JD went back to February, 2019 to publish the article grin grin grin

What about the 2020 cars produced in December 2019, when will the drivers rate the dependability so that JD can add it to their 2019 research?

Are you sure you read the research yourself?

Read the underlined

Re: Toyota Tundra Or Tacoma ..... Help Me Choose by conductor259: 11:44pm On Feb 16, 2020
adanny01:

How many 2021 models have you seen on the street?

So if I want to buy a 2020 model of any car, i wont get it because it was sold last year?

So you are telling me, JD did the research with 2020 models sold in 2019, then after 1 yr (2020), drivers were able to rate the dependability of their cars and then JD went back to February, 2019 to publish the article grin grin grin

What about the 2020 cars produced in December 2019, when will the drivers rate the dependability so that JD can add it to their 2019 research?

Are you sure you read the research yourself?

Read the underlined
At bolded, how many Nigerians can buy 2018 cars let alone 2021 cars? Of course I'm not talking of Nigerians who buy 20-year-old cars I'm talking about Americans who purchase the vehicles directly not fifth-hand buyers who don't know the history of the cars.

About JD using 2016 models for 2019 ranking, its still accurate because most cars have 3 years warranty. When I was speaking of ranking, I meant car reliability rankings in general not particularly JD. Most of them I know use 2020 cars like Consumer Reports which appears to be the most-widely recognized source in products ranking.

How Does CR Get Its Reliability Information?
Where Is the Data From?
Consumer Reports obtains its reliability data from an Auto Questionnaire that is sent to Consumer Reports members. In all, we received responses on over 420,000 vehicles in our latest survey, detailing 2000 to 2019, and some early introduced 2020 models.
https://www.consumerreports.org/car-reliability-owner-satisfaction/consumer-reports-car-reliability-faq/
Re: Toyota Tundra Or Tacoma ..... Help Me Choose by adanny01(m): 1:18am On Feb 17, 2020
conductor259:

At bolded, how many Nigerians can buy 2018 cars let alone 2021 cars? Of course I'm not talking of Nigerians who buy 20-year-old cars I'm talking about Americans who purchase the vehicles directly not fifth-hand buyers who don't know the history of the cars.

About JD using 2016 models for 2019 ranking, its still accurate because most cars have 3 years warranty. When I was speaking of ranking, I meant car reliability rankings in general not particularly JD. Most of them I know use 2020 cars like Consumer Reports which appears to be the most-widely recognized source in products ranking.

https://www.consumerreports.org/car-reliability-owner-satisfaction/consumer-reports-car-reliability-faq/

Lets just stop derailing.
Re: Toyota Tundra Or Tacoma ..... Help Me Choose by EgunMogaji2: 4:52am On Feb 17, 2020
Tacoma for portability. You’re not giving up anything either.
Re: Toyota Tundra Or Tacoma ..... Help Me Choose by Kingdante(m): 11:59pm On Feb 17, 2020
conductor259:

Tacoma, Tacoma, Tacoma!

Both are strong, durable and very beautiful when tuned out/pimped just that Tundra is not too portable.

Ok well said... thanks a million
Re: Toyota Tundra Or Tacoma ..... Help Me Choose by EgunMogaji2: 4:14am On Feb 19, 2020
adanny01:

I too have noticed quite a few Porsche Cayennes at repair shops looking abandoned.

Do you know the reason why?

Thanks.
Re: Toyota Tundra Or Tacoma ..... Help Me Choose by radautoworks: 1:48pm On Feb 19, 2020
Kingdante:
Hello everyone.....

I am having a hard time choosing between 07 tundra (v6) and 08 Tacoma (v6).

Basically I need a pick up truck to move raw materials to my factory, I also need something abit sylish that i can sometime use for my every day run around.

Help me choose base on these factors

1. Durability
2. Maintenance
3. Availability of parts and man power
4. Ruggedity
5. Stylish
6. Resellers value

You need the tundra not the Tacoma. Tow/weight rating is more because you said you're moving raw materials and the ride is better in a tundra as it was also designed to be a people mover so your family will be comfortable in it. The Tacoma cab is small and anyone in the rear will be uncomfortable. Every other factor you mentioned is virtually the same between the two. Used to work for Toyota.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Tundra Or Tacoma ..... Help Me Choose by paix(m): 10:11pm On Feb 19, 2020
KINGreignn:

It's a body on ladder frame offroad work truck. Not meant for high speeds and sudden evasive maneuvers.
That applies to all SUVs, because of their ground clearance.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Tundra Or Tacoma ..... Help Me Choose by conductor259: 10:28pm On Feb 19, 2020
paix:
That applies to all SUVs, because of their ground clearance.
Although there are some SUV that are balanced. Eg Rx350, Landcruiser (not Prado), 2nd gen Highlander, Venza and Rav4.

But you see Rx330, first generation Highlander, Tacoma, Hilux, those ones are way too high /narrow for balance.
Re: Toyota Tundra Or Tacoma ..... Help Me Choose by paix(m): 10:30pm On Feb 19, 2020
conductor259:

Although there are some SUV that are balanced. Eg Rx350, Landcruiser (not Prado), 2nd gen Highlander, Venza and Rav4.

But you see Rx330, first generation Highlander, Tacoma, Hilux, those ones are way too high /narrow for balance.
I see.
Re: Toyota Tundra Or Tacoma ..... Help Me Choose by Kingdante(m): 12:51pm On Feb 20, 2020
radautoworks:

You need the tundra not the Tacoma. Tow/weight rating is more because you said you're moving raw materials and the ride is better in a tundra as it was also designed to be a people mover so your family will be comfortable in it. The Tacoma cab is small and anyone in the rear will be uncomfortable. Every other factor you mentioned is virtually the same between the two. Used to work for Toyota.

That is another side of it tho..... that is very true I just say.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Tundra Or Tacoma ..... Help Me Choose by adanny01(m): 9:26am On Feb 21, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I too have noticed quite a few Porsche Cayennes at repair shops looking abandoned.

Do you know the reason why?

Thanks.

I honestly have no idea.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Tundra Or Tacoma ..... Help Me Choose by conductor259: 10:38am On Feb 21, 2020
radautoworks:

This is a very nice advice although he can still buy Tacoma and put hauling cart behind his car when he needs to carry so much.

Thay Tundra still too big for my eyes.
Re: Toyota Tundra Or Tacoma ..... Help Me Choose by radautoworks: 1:00am On Feb 22, 2020
conductor259:

This is a very nice advice although he can still buy Tacoma and put hauling cart behind his car when he needs to carry so much.

Thay Tundra still too big for my eyes.

He can but wear and tear will be more on the Tacoma
Re: Toyota Tundra Or Tacoma ..... Help Me Choose by sultaan(m): 7:23am On Feb 22, 2020
Tundra will do more work over time, better to get the Tundra
Re: Toyota Tundra Or Tacoma ..... Help Me Choose by sultaan(m): 7:06am On Mar 09, 2020
For those buying Innoson, Nigerian built cars, or South African new cars take a look at this video to understand why those who know cars always choose western imported versions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL_2MdSTM7g

When you don't want to compromise on safety. We have all seen the wreckage of the Hiace, corollas(SA) and the fatalities involved

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Toyota Tundra Or Tacoma ..... Help Me Choose by chukiz(m): 9:49pm On Mar 13, 2020
I have Toyota Takoma 2009 for sale. @ 4.5m
Call or what's app 08168953362

(1) (2) (Reply)

Recent Prices Of Car Parts / Does Painting A Car Bright Makes It Less Vulnerable To Theft? / Please Help Me With The Basic Information About 2015 Toyota Rav4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.