Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,224 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

The Awka Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Project - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Awka Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Project (15629 Views)

For Sale:block Of 4 Flats Of 3 Bedroom Each At Akobo Ojurin Ibadan #pics. N25m / 6 Flats Of Two Bedroom Apartments For Sale (location: Warri) / Building A 4 Flats Of 3 Bedroom House At Emene Enugu. Costs And Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Awka Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Project by omanzo02: 8:07pm On Mar 26, 2020
Spyder,
I notice u lay plastic under some decking and don't sometimes, what are the reasons behind those decisions?
Re: The Awka Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Project by spyder880(m): 9:55pm On Mar 26, 2020
omanzo02:
Spyder,
I notice u lay plastic under some decking and don't sometimes, what are the reasons behind those decisions?

Sometimes, its the future use of the wood. We tend to use plastic sheeting if we are going to reuse the wood. We would have used nylon here but since rains has started falling in this location, I am not worried about good curing since the atmosphere is humid enough.

1 Like

Re: The Awka Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Project by spyder880(m): 1:27pm On Mar 29, 2020
Decking cast of this decking completed.

2 Likes

Re: The Awka Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Project by spyder880(m): 8:19am On Mar 30, 2020
More pictures of this completed decking later.......

1 Like

Re: The Awka Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Project by spyder880(m): 10:24am On Apr 02, 2020
We are planning to restart this project soon.
Re: The Awka Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Project by saajus: 8:31am On Apr 05, 2020
Oga Spyder, what is the house land size.
Re: The Awka Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Project by spyder880(m): 11:41am On Apr 05, 2020
saajus:
Oga Spyder, what is the house land size.

About 60x100
Re: The Awka Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Project by sirabbey(m): 2:24pm On Apr 15, 2020
spyder880:
On the deck......

Good Job, however the use of various thickness of stones to achieve concrete cover as shown is unprofessional and unacceptable in civil engineering/construction. The correct process is to produce uniform concrete "biscuits" with or without binding wire to be placed under the slab reinforcement to achieve the required concrete cover (between 25mm to 40mm). Plastic concrete cover can also be purchased for use.

The essence of concrete cover is to protect the reinforcement used in the concrete from quick rusting which is defeated when irregular stones are used.

Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Re: The Awka Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Project by spyder880(m): 3:48pm On Apr 15, 2020
sirabbey:

Good Job, however the use of various thickness of stones to achieve concrete cover as shown is unprofessional and unacceptable in civil engineering/construction. The correct process is to produce uniform concrete "biscuits" with or without binding wire to be placed under the slab reinforcement to achieve the required concrete cover (between 25mm to 40mm). Plastic concrete cover can also be purchased for use.

The essence of concrete cover is to protect the reinforcement used in the concrete from quick rusting which is defeated when irregular stones are used.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks so much for your contribution. Welcome.

1 Like

Re: The Awka Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Project by Tonero2162: 4:19pm On Apr 24, 2020
spyder880:

Thanks so much for your contribution. Welcome.
I'm planning to do exactly this next year. How much would this house cost

1 Like

Re: The Awka Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Project by spyder880(m): 5:14pm On Apr 24, 2020
Tonero2162:
I'm planning to do exactly this next year. How much would this house cost

Where do you plan to build the house?
Re: The Awka Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Project by Tonero2162: 5:17pm On Apr 24, 2020
spyder880:

Where do you plan to build the house?
Anambra State. Awka Or Agulu to be precise. Can I please get a quote?
Re: The Awka Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Project by spyder880(m): 6:28pm On Apr 24, 2020
Tonero2162:
Anambra State. Awka Or Agulu to be precise. Can I please get a quote?

Please describe the terrain, normal hard ground, swampy, sandy, sloped?

Do you have a building plan because all 2 bedroom flats are not the same.

Thanks.
Re: The Awka Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Project by Tonero2162: 7:15pm On Apr 24, 2020
spyder880:

Please describe the terrain, normal hard ground, swampy, sandy, sloped?

Do you have a building plan because all 2 bedroom flats are not the same.

Thanks.

It's a sandy place. I don't have a building plan yet cos I want to start work on it latest February next year, (coronavirus already spoilt this year lol). This is just exactly what I had in mind to do
Re: The Awka Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Project by spyder880(m): 7:17pm On Apr 24, 2020
Tonero2162:

It's a sandy place. I don't have a building plan yet cos I want to start work on it latest February next year, coronavirus already spoilt this year lol)

Budget about N19.5m for the carcass
All materials and workmanship
Parapet fascia
Aluminium long span
Transportation and loading
Supervision

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: The Awka Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Project by Tonero2162: 7:20pm On Apr 24, 2020
spyder880:

Budget about N19.5m for the carcass
All materials and workmanship
Parapet fascia
Aluminium long span
Transportation and loading
Supervision

Thanks.

I have your page bookmarked already. Who knows you might just do this for me. I'll contact you when the time comes.
Thanks
Re: The Awka Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Project by spyder880(m): 7:20pm On Apr 24, 2020
Tonero2162:

I have your page bookmarked already. Who knows you might just do this for me. I'll contact you when the time comes.
Thanks

I am always available. Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: The Awka Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Project by omanzo02: 7:02am On May 09, 2020
Spyder, I have been observing your deckings technics I don't find any ceiling fan hooks in the slab, is that no more relevant or there are other ways of installing hooks nowadays or ceiling fans are now outdated?
Re: The Awka Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Project by spyder880(m): 8:03am On May 09, 2020
omanzo02:
Spyder, I have been observing your deckings technics I don't find any ceiling fan hooks in the slab, is that no more relevant or there are other ways of installing hooks nowadays or ceiling fans are now outdated?

Oh, but there are ceiling fan hooks provisions made in this building and in all my other deckings. We can never forget it. True that it's getting harder to see people using ceiling fans in their houses these days, but there are other uses for the ceiling fan hooks, some use it as a hanger for their chandeliers, others to hang mosquito nets, or other room decorations.

2 Likes

Re: The Awka Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Project by omanzo02: 3:33pm On May 09, 2020
spyder880:

Oh, but there are ceiling fan hooks provisions made in this building and in all my other deckings. We can never forget it. True that it's getting harder to see people using ceiling fans in their houses these days, but there are other uses for the ceiling fan hooks, some use it as a hanger for their chandeliers, others to hang mosquito nets, or other room decorations.

I see, it's so camouflage that you won't notice it. I have to pay extra attention from now on lol....with airconditions in the house I still find ceiling fans more handy because it spread the air flow in every direction constantly unlike standing fans.

And another important question,....Are Nigeria's house owners aware of different sort of paints for different conditions, for example a satin based paint are more better for kitchen and bathroom due to its resistance to moisture and washability, and acrylic latex paints are more resistance to blistering, flaking, high moisture content and humidity for outside walls, when I see houses with these problems I kinda wonder if the house owners were ever adviced about different possibilities to preserve their building with right paints according the nature of the environment the house is situated, and are they really expensive?
Re: The Awka Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Project by spyder880(m): 11:49am On May 15, 2020
We will resume works in this house as from next week. We will start bringing in the materials needed for the next floor as soon as tomorrow.

More pictures when we start.

1 Like

Re: The Awka Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Project by spyder880(m): 6:14pm On May 19, 2020
Pictures from the top of the completed decking slab.....

Re: The Awka Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Project by spyder880(m): 6:17pm On May 19, 2020
More from the top of this building.....

Re: The Awka Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Project by spyder880(m): 6:21pm On May 19, 2020
Shopping for 9" vibrates blocks for our use in this house......

1 Like

Re: The Awka Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Project by spyder880(m): 8:33pm On May 25, 2020
Offloading blocks in this site........

2 Likes

Re: The Awka Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Project by spyder880(m): 9:31pm On May 25, 2020
We have brought up a lot of blocks to the top......

1 Like

Re: The Awka Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Project by spyder880(m): 8:05am On May 26, 2020
Works for the raising of the upper floors is planned to commence today........
Re: The Awka Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Project by Fonyeri(m): 9:37am On May 26, 2020
Hi spider880,what a wonderful job you're doing here, Kudos to you.
I'm a professional painter and also into decorative designs.
I'm proficient in substrate preparation, interior and exterior painting as well as decorative designs such as Swahili designs, travertino designs, istinto designs, Venetian plaster finishes"stucco", metallic velvet finish all are Italian decorative designs. I will love to add more value to your team by bringing in my expertise in Italian decorative designs, I can work anywhere in Nigeria.
You can contact me or whatsapp on
08090699076 - 08053187000.

2 Likes

Re: The Awka Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Project by spyder880(m): 3:48pm On May 29, 2020
Starting to form the block walls of this house.......

1 Like

Re: The Awka Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Project by spyder880(m): 3:51pm On May 29, 2020
As the walls climb higher........

1 Like

Re: The Awka Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Project by spyder880(m): 7:11am On Jun 02, 2020
We plan to speed up works here from today, more pictures later today.
Re: The Awka Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Project by spyder880(m): 7:14am On Jun 02, 2020
Parapet, roofing wood, roofing sheets are the next work we plan to do here and we will be starting them immediately after this stage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Our Daily Borehole Activities Report( with PICS) / Fire Outbreak At Alakia Ibadan / The New CONCRETE STAMP Floor Finish!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.