Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

How Do I Show Appreciation To Someone That Sheltered Me - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Show Appreciation To Someone That Sheltered Me (2235 Views)

Ex-Husband Gives Current Husband Appreciation Gift For Taking Care Of His Kids / Bricklayer Wife Organizes A Birthday Party For Her Husband In Appreciation / How Do I Show Him That I Like Him Genuinely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Show Appreciation To Someone That Sheltered Me by BlackTurf: 12:07am On Feb 16, 2020
I need suggestions with what I should do to show appreciation to a family that sheltered me during the course of my NYSC. This couple took me in like their son, makes sure I don't lack anything and sheltered me for almost one year. I'm at the verge of passing out and I need ways to show them how grateful I am for their graciousness.

Please your contributions will be highly appreciated.

CC:
RoyalRoy
Lalasticlala
Dominique

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Show Appreciation To Someone That Sheltered Me by ikh777: 12:18am On Feb 16, 2020
BlackTurf:
I need suggestions with what I should do to show appreciation to a family that sheltered me during the course of my NYSC. This couple took me in like their son, makes sure I don't lack anything and sheltered me for almost one year. I'm at the verge of passing out and I need ways to show them how grateful I am for their graciousness.

CC:
RoyalRoy
Lalasticlala
Dominique

use your LAST ALLOWEE to buy something for them or take them out to the movies and spa.

YOU COULD FIX ALL THE THINGS IN THEIR HOUSE SHA WITH THE MONEY

YOU PAY THEM YOUR FIRST SALARY rather than give a pastor tithe ot first fruit...

YOU COULD BUY THEM NEW PHONES (IF THEIR PHONES ARE OLD)

am here typing, are you not a fresh graduate, use your fresh brain to THINK FOR YOURSELF... we do not even know the people.

I wonder why people come here and ask questions that are not logical.

we dont know you
we do not know the people
so we do not know what they NEED

what someone might appreciate, another will not... SO WHY DA HECK DID YOU COME HERE TO ASK STRANGERS FOR SUGGESTIONS.

work your brain and dont be mentally lazy joor

9 Likes

Re: How Do I Show Appreciation To Someone That Sheltered Me by BlackTurf: 12:22am On Feb 16, 2020
ikh777 boss I'm confused. These people are made. There's nothing I can give them that is new to them, that's why I'm looking for novel ideas from someone that might have been in my shoes. Thanks for your contributions

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Show Appreciation To Someone That Sheltered Me by Chloraseptic: 12:54am On Feb 16, 2020
Since they already have everything just give them nothing.. As long as you become something great in life they will appreciate it.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Show Appreciation To Someone That Sheltered Me by tolufase: 1:12am On Feb 16, 2020
If they have a child or children you can buy something for them particularly something that will help them academically.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Show Appreciation To Someone That Sheltered Me by babythug(f): 1:46am On Feb 16, 2020
Ensure you tell them verbally individually or as a group how much you appreciate the gesture. Use words that will be genuine and long lasting in their minds.

You can buy a bag of rice , basket of fruits, an appliance for the kitchen , fabrics for the man of the house and his Mrs , decent leather slippers etc etc

15 Likes

Re: How Do I Show Appreciation To Someone That Sheltered Me by yeyeosoronga: 6:35am On Feb 16, 2020
You are very lucky to have met such good people.
Some corpers aren't as lucky. Imagine going to a strange town, knowing nobody.
No accommodation, no family, nothing.
Just some days ago on front page, a female corper was raped by the proprietor of the school she was posted to, the very first day she resumed there.
I don't have any suggestions, but I just always feel sorry for corpers

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Show Appreciation To Someone That Sheltered Me by BlackTurf: 6:45am On Feb 16, 2020
babythug:
Ensure you tell them verbally individually or as a group how much you appreciate the gesture. Use words that will be genuine and long lasting in their minds.

You can buy a bag of rice , basket of fruits, an appliance for the kitchen , fabrics for the man of the house and his Mrs , decent leather slippers etc etc
Thanks for this. I'm also thinking about getting some expensive Champagne eg Moet& Chandon Ice Imperial , in addition to any other stuff.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Show Appreciation To Someone That Sheltered Me by mankettle(m): 7:27am On Feb 16, 2020
Very Simple. Study them for a week and look for what they like.
If Madam likes to read get her a book from her favorite author especially the latest.
And for Oga, check his dressing...if he is into Natives buy him a very good material. You can buy same for both of them. Or get him something tasteful like a very expensive tie set.
Or tell your parents to package good foodstuffs from your town and give them.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Show Appreciation To Someone That Sheltered Me by cococandy(f): 8:31am On Feb 16, 2020
Squillaci:

Who knows, they may have stolen your destiny.
Try to find out why they really helped you.
Re: How Do I Show Appreciation To Someone That Sheltered Me by Nobody: 8:43am On Feb 16, 2020
Re: How Do I Show Appreciation To Someone That Sheltered Me by BlackTurf: 8:54am On Feb 16, 2020
Squillaci:

Far from that... They're proper christians
Re: How Do I Show Appreciation To Someone That Sheltered Me by obo389(m): 8:57am On Feb 16, 2020
Identify what is seriously lacking and what they need most in their house and buy it as a token of appreciation for them.
You will be forever remembered in that home.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Show Appreciation To Someone That Sheltered Me by BlackTurf: 9:01am On Feb 16, 2020
mankettle:
Very Simple. Study them for a week and look for what they like.
If Madam likes to read get her a book from her favorite author especially the latest.
And for Oga, check his dressing...if he is into Natives buy him a very good material. You can buy same for both of them. Or get him something tasteful like a very expensive tie set.
Or tell your parents to package good foodstuffs from your town and give them.
Thanks sire. I had a little time with madam ( like 2 weeks) when they came back after a vacation in the USA. She travelled back to US again. I've been staying with Oga for like 6 months and counting. I'm really confused here! I've been chopping free food all this while, they literally pay for my TP to my PPA, to and fro. So you can imagine how privileged I am, and how I really feel about showing appreciation to them.
Re: How Do I Show Appreciation To Someone That Sheltered Me by namiji2598: 9:08am On Feb 16, 2020
BlackTurf:

CC:
RoyalRoy
Lalasticlala
Dominique
I remember during my NYSC, a woman has done such things for me, but as for me I always try to repay back, not until during my POP, I bought her a correct T-shirt during my service year which is last year, am hoping to get a better job and do her well

1 Like

Re: How Do I Show Appreciation To Someone That Sheltered Me by namiji2598: 9:10am On Feb 16, 2020
BlackTurf:

Thanks sire. I had a little time with madam ( like 2 weeks) when they came back after a vacation in the USA. She travelled back to US again. I've been staying with Oga for like 6 months and counting. I'm really confused here! I've been chopping free food all this while, they literally pay for my TP to my PPA, to and fro. So you can imagine how privileged I am, and how I really feel about showing appreciation to them.
get them a bible, if they have kids, buy correct shoes for their kids, if they don't have kids, buy a red wine for the husband and a correct shoe for the wife

1 Like

Re: How Do I Show Appreciation To Someone That Sheltered Me by Nobody: 9:14am On Feb 16, 2020
Go to them, kneel and thank them very well, expressing how much you appreciate their help, kindness to you.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Show Appreciation To Someone That Sheltered Me by BlackTurf: 9:18am On Feb 16, 2020
namiji2598:
get them a bible, if they have kids, buy correct shoes for their kids, if they don't have kids, buy a red wine for the husband and a correct shoe for the wife
Thanks sire. My focus is on the Man and something for the wife.
I'll definitely get a Champagne for the man and an additional stuff which I'm still trying to figure out. The wife is not in the country at the moment and I don't know her too well because we stayed together for a week plus before she travelled again. It's her own part that I'm still trying to wrap my head around
Re: How Do I Show Appreciation To Someone That Sheltered Me by Nobody: 9:33am On Feb 16, 2020
BlackTurf:
ikh777 boss I'm confused. These people are made. There's nothing I can give them that is new to them, that's why I'm looking for novel ideas from someone that might have been in my shoes. Thanks for your contributions
Don't mind that ikh777, people like them make worse mistakes.

Study the couple and observe what you think they really need which you can afford, then buy them that. When you are presenting it to them, use emotional words of mouth and Express how impactful they have been in your life. Assure them of your undying gratitude for what they have done, promise to always keep in touch and stick to it.

What you do for them after you have left their house will show how much grateful you truly are

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Show Appreciation To Someone That Sheltered Me by Uyi168: 10:25am On Feb 16, 2020
Squillaci:

Get sense..

Re: How Do I Show Appreciation To Someone That Sheltered Me by BlackTurf: 10:54am On Feb 16, 2020
FortifiedCity:
Don't mind that ikh777, people like them make worse mistakes.

Study the couple and observe what you think they really need which you can afford, then buy them that. When you are presenting it to them, use emotional words of mouth and Express how impactful they have been in your life. Assure them of your undying gratitude for what they have done, promise to always keep in touch and stick to it.

What you do for them after you have left their house will show how much grateful you truly are
I'm very much grateful for this insightful thought.
Thanks
Re: How Do I Show Appreciation To Someone That Sheltered Me by Oluneutral: 11:21am On Feb 16, 2020
How's the family related to you?
Re: How Do I Show Appreciation To Someone That Sheltered Me by Nobody: 11:34am On Feb 16, 2020
Squillaci:

You think people can help others without getting anything in return?
I remember when I was a deeper lifer. I was only interested in winning souls just to get more "stars to my my crown" in heaven.

Re: How Do I Show Appreciation To Someone That Sheltered Me by khatea: 1:33pm On Feb 16, 2020
Don't just buy dem edibles, get them something dey will always see and remember u like say an artwork or probably a family picture enlarged in a beautiful piece of art and ensure u always pray for them. U r a grateful soul, God bless u n grant u a good job

1 Like

Re: How Do I Show Appreciation To Someone That Sheltered Me by bdchange(m): 2:00pm On Feb 16, 2020
If you can get them a family frame will be better since you said they are well to do. But remember to use spoken words to show appreciation, it goes a long way.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Show Appreciation To Someone That Sheltered Me by adextetoo(m): 2:22pm On Feb 16, 2020
- Buy nice ceramic plates for the kitchen + dish wash

- Buy the wife a purse (small purse) try and guess her best color (note: women like fashion wears even if they won't use it)

- Buy sock + tie even if he won't wear it

- Buy about 6 yards of quality Ankara/Senator material and add maybe #2000 in-between with a nice letter expressing your gratitude.

Dont over do sha o

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Show Appreciation To Someone That Sheltered Me by ChaoHendrix: 2:24pm On Feb 16, 2020
If the man is a weak man in bed,help him service the wife.. Nothing will make her happier. A family with a woman who gets well fvcked is a happy family..

1 Like

Re: How Do I Show Appreciation To Someone That Sheltered Me by vincentjk(m): 2:34pm On Feb 16, 2020
During my diploma days, a family once sheltered me until I rented my own apartment then packed out. I'd visit and make them nice new dishes they've never tasted before as my mum (chef) thought me how to make nice meals and present them well.

They still talk about it till date when we talk on phone because their kids still wanna have a taste of uncle vincent's meal lol

1 Like

Re: How Do I Show Appreciation To Someone That Sheltered Me by Nobody: 9:29pm On Feb 16, 2020
vincentjk:
During my diploma days, a family once sheltered me until I rented my own apartment then packed out. I'd visit and make them nice new dishes they've never tasted before as my mum (chef) thought me how to make nice meals and present them well.

They still talk about it till date when we talk on phone because their kids still wanna have a taste of uncle vincent's meal lol

When u lie finish, lemme no
Re: How Do I Show Appreciation To Someone That Sheltered Me by trendyprettygir: 1:05am On Feb 17, 2020
Get a very very good artist to do a pencil art work for the man and his wife.

You need a very good picture of them to pull this work. The pencil work should be big and in a frame that they can hang.

Buying them expensive wine or champagne makes no sense. They will drink it today and forget. But a pencil art work they will remember forever...

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Show Appreciation To Someone That Sheltered Me by missidy: 10:21am On Feb 17, 2020
Make a portrait of him or him and his wife. A drawing or a painting. They will value it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should I Tell My Mum About My New House? / N/A / Living With Inlaws!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.