Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

5 Habits That Make People Stay In Poverty For Life - Jobs/Vacancies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5 Habits That Make People Stay In Poverty For Life (29784 Views)

Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. / 5 Habits That Will Increase Your Chances Of Landing A Job / 9 Sad Reasons People Stay In Jobs They Don’t Like (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Habits That Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by Distinct123: 6:53pm On May 25, 2020
facenglish:
its my pleasure
what are we doing next after I finish
Re: 5 Habits That Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by facenglish: 7:14am On May 26, 2020
Distinct123:
what are we doing next after I finish
I access you to know your performance on the next challenge
Re: 5 Habits That Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by ocheola01: 8:04am On May 26, 2020
Happiness most times comes with knowledge of how much we have in our accounts as our savings or investing in a viable business that's sure to bring in good ROI. If you chose to live above your means, in the short run, you wont be able to sustain that lifestyle and bankruptcy would be unavoidable.

Please spend on things that are very very necessary and don't forget to earn before you spend.
Re: 5 Habits That Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by Distinct123: 6:46pm On May 26, 2020
facenglish:
I access you to know your performance on the next challenge
OK! ask me questions I will answer
Re: 5 Habits That Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by facenglish: 7:35am On May 27, 2020
Distinct123:
OK! ask me questions I will answer
what do you learn from the book
Re: 5 Habits That Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by Distinct123: 7:55am On May 27, 2020
facenglish:
what do you learn from the book
The rich don't work for money,financial education is not taught in school
Re: 5 Habits That Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by Distinct123: 8:16pm On May 27, 2020
Distinct123:
The rich don't work for money,financial education is not taught in school
I hope I got this right
Re: 5 Habits That Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by facenglish: 10:50am On May 28, 2020
Distinct123:
I hope I got this right
yes! you are very correct
Re: 5 Habits That Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by iyasegun: 2:19pm On May 28, 2020
I will like to raise a point to the op about living within your means.

If I work hard and smart on a daily basis and gather enough money to rent a room and then save the little remaining, this is purely me living within or below my means.

Op are you saying I should borrow loan from bank and rent a duplex which is obviously above my means? If I have enough money to get a small salon car, are you saying that I should borrow more and buy a jeep?

Op you need to understand the difference between thinking big and having financial discipline.

You can live below your means and still aim to increase your income. There is no wealthy man in this world that is living above his means.
They maintain financial discipline while the keep looking for more money.

You asked if someone feel comfortable in Camry when he can drive a Venza. Man if you buy that Venza with a loan and you are finding it difficult to pay up, it is hypertension that will kill you last. In fact you will end up selling it for peanuts.

Alexander Song lived above his means by buying an expensive mercedez Benz, he returned it to the car dealer two weeks after cos he couldn't even maintain it..

My message is this: Keep focusing on ways to increasing your income but don't live above your means especially if what you are spending money on does not increase your capital

You must always have an eye for bargain.
Re: 5 Habits That Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by facenglish: 7:44pm On May 28, 2020
iyasegun:
I will like to raise a point to the op about living within your means.

If I work hard and smart on a daily basis and gather enough money to rent a room and then save the little remaining, this is purely me living within or below my means.

Op are you saying I should borrow loan from bank and rent a duplex which is obviously above my means? If I have enough money to get a small salon car, are you saying that I should borrow more and buy a jeep?

Op you need to understand the difference between thinking big and having financial discipline.

You can live below your means and still aim to increase your income. There is no wealthy man in this world that is living above his means.
They maintain financial discipline while the keep looking for more money.

You asked if someone feel comfortable in Camry when he can drive a Venza. Man if you buy that Venza with a loan and you are finding it difficult to pay up, it is hypertension that will kill you last. In fact you will end up selling it for peanuts.

Alexander Song lived above his means by buying an expensive mercedez Benz, he returned it to the car dealer two weeks after cos he couldn't even maintain it..

My message is this: Keep focusing on ways to increasing your income but don't live above your means especially if what you are spending money on does not increase your capital

You must always have an eye for bargain.
based on my understanding of the information. what he was saying was don't live below your means expand your means.

buy more asset that caters for liability.

borrow to buy car is bad liability.

buy asset that bring cash flow.

note: live below is not the same as live within. check you dictionary for clarification. the author made mention of below
Re: 5 Habits That Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by Distinct123: 7:26am On May 29, 2020
facenglish:
yes! you are very correct
thanks what next
Re: 5 Habits That Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by facenglish: 7:05pm On May 29, 2020
Distinct123:
thanks what next
I'm going to place you on another book to prepare your mind
Re: 5 Habits That Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by adewale4great: 6:29am On May 30, 2020
I love this! keep it up
Re: 5 Habits That Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by facenglish: 7:49pm On May 30, 2020
adewale4great:
I love this! keep it up
Re: 5 Habits That Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by adewale4great: 6:36am On May 31, 2020
[quote author=facenglish post=90134241][/quote] great contents
Re: 5 Habits That Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by facenglish: 6:51pm On May 31, 2020
adewale4great:
great contents
welcome to this thread, we can learn together
Re: 5 Habits That Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by adewale4great: 7:23am On Jun 01, 2020
facenglish:
welcome to this thread, we can learn together
yes oo! I have questions to ask if you can answer
Re: 5 Habits That Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by facenglish: 7:34pm On Jun 01, 2020
adewale4great:
yes oo! I have questions to ask if you can answer
go ahead!
Re: 5 Habits That Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by adewale4great: 7:44am On Jun 02, 2020
facenglish:
go ahead!
in your second point, you said we call liabilities as assets
Re: 5 Habits That Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by facenglish: 8:09am On Jun 02, 2020
adewale4great:
in your second point, you said we call liabilities as assets
I said it and that is what most people do
Re: 5 Habits That Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by adewale4great: 8:29pm On Jun 02, 2020
facenglish:
I said it and that is what most people do
is my car a liability or asset
Re: 5 Habits That Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by adewale4great: 7:21am On Jun 03, 2020
adewale4great:
is my car a liability or asset
before you consider your car as asset or liability?
look at the cash flow.

doest it take money out of your pocket or put money into your pocket.
Re: 5 Habits That Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by adewale4great: 6:54pm On Jun 03, 2020
adewale4great:
before you consider your car as asset or liability?
look at the cash flow.

doest it take money out of your pocket or put money into your pocket.
it take money out of my pocket but I use it for transport. i enjoy it
Re: 5 Habits That Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by facenglish: 7:11am On Jun 04, 2020
adewale4great:
it take money out of my pocket but I use it for transport. i enjoy it
that's not a reason for calling it an asset. it is just your necessity. if you don't have car you can take a taxi or bike. but the point am making here is that you need to build or buy assets that will cater for all your liabilities ike car or home
Re: 5 Habits That Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by adewale4great: 7:32pm On Jun 04, 2020
facenglish:
that's not a reason for calling it an asset. it is just your necessity. if you don't have car you can take a taxi or bike. but the point am making here is that you need to build or buy assets that will cater for all your liabilities ike car or home
how can I build asset and make big money?
Re: 5 Habits That Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by facenglish: 7:15am On Jun 05, 2020
adewale4great:
how can I build asset and make big money?
I will have to take you through the three phases of financial education
Re: 5 Habits That Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by adewale4great: 6:45pm On Jun 05, 2020
facenglish:
I will have to take you through the three phases of financial education
what are the three phases ?
Re: 5 Habits That Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by facenglish: 8:41am On Jun 06, 2020
adewale4great:
what are the three phases ?
mindset,skill set, and practical
Re: 5 Habits That Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by adewale4great: 7:58pm On Jun 06, 2020
facenglish:

mindset,skill set, and practical
let's start with the first phase
Re: 5 Habits That Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by facenglish: 8:00am On Jun 07, 2020
adewale4great:
let's start with the first phase
I'm going to place you on personal finance book challenge
Re: 5 Habits That Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by adewale4great: 8:06pm On Jun 07, 2020
facenglish:
I'm going to place you on personal finance book challenge
how long will that take?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. / What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? / Did Anyone Received This Message From Union Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.