Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,913 members, 7,835,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Atiku Says Violence May Be Inevitable - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Says Violence May Be Inevitable (13113 Views)

NASS Leadership: Again, Tinubu Blasts Buhari, Atiku, Says They Are Disloyal / / Atiku Says We Need Govt That Values Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Says Violence May Be Inevitable by Nobody: 10:44am On Dec 16, 2010
onye_okwu:

i like this war game the north re trying to introduce but it will engulf then this time
this is not
1967 the south has waken up and easterners are getting united
if only igbos  could hold nigeria for 3yrs how much more the whole of south waging war against this almarjiris lepers called aboki/fulani=mallam
let the war start self
[s] let me also send this message to the armajiris that we igbos re combat ready and this time around we will take them squarely and no one will be spared[/s]
kiss
empty barrel makes the loudest noise. who are the we ? my friend,we is mutiny.speak for yourself.
Re: Atiku Says Violence May Be Inevitable by pingpong1: 10:46am On Dec 16, 2010
Every time they come out with these threats they lose more ground. The guy should take a week off and read the 'Art of War' if he has the composure to read. Did he not huff and puff against his boss in 2003, did fellow northerners (the late Rimi, Gemade, etc) in the PDP not contest against OBJ with the zoning arrangement intact. What are they saying. This inconsistency is a recurring decimal with this man and I tell every well meaning Nigerian - steer clear of this man.

And how many votes did they get from their northern brothers?  Sad fact is that whoever the north supports wins an election.  The south is too busy arguing just like we do on NL.
Re: Atiku Says Violence May Be Inevitable by mekaboy(m): 10:50am On Dec 16, 2010
[b] ITS REALLY A SHAME TO NIGERIA, THAT  A CORRUPT FORMER VICE PRESIDENT IS TRYING TO BECOME PRESIDENT OF THIS COUNTRY, EVEN THOUGH HIS IMAGE IS DENTED INTERNATIONALLY HE STILL WANT TO BE PRESIDENT, A PRESIDENT WITH A DENTED IMAGE WILL PRODUCE A COUNTRY WITH A DENTED IMAGE.

WHAT IS IT THAT ATIKU WANTS TO DO FOR NIGERIANS THAT HE COULD NOT DO AS A VICE PRESIDENT ? INSTEAD OF HIM TO BUILD UP NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES TO INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS SO THAT THE COMMON NIGERIAN CAN HAVE GOOD EDUCATION, HE RATHER STOLE NIGERIANS MONEY TO BUILD HIS OWN UNIVERSITY FOR THE RICH ALONE.  FOR THE FACT THAT HE BROUGHT LECTURERS FROM AMERICA AND PAY THEM $1MIL MONTHLY, SHOWS HE DOES NOT BELIEVE IN NIGERIA.

HOW CAN SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO BE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA, THREATEN THE COUNTRY WITH VIOLENCE? THAT MEANS HIS GOVERNMENT WILL BE A VIOLENT ONE.

WHAT IS ZONING? HOW CAN THEY BE TAKING TURNS TO RULE NIGERIANS? SO IF ITS THE TURN OF THE NORTH,SOUTH,WEST OR EAST  THEY HAVE TO PRODUCE SOMEONE AND FORCE HIM ON NIGERIANS WHETHER THEY LIKE IT OR NOT BECAUSE ITS THEIR TURN ? THAT'S NONSENSE, NIGERIANS ARE HUMAN BEINGS NOT COWS OR GOATS, WE ARE A PEOPLE, WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE WHO WILL RULE US WITH OUR VOTES.

SO EVEN IF ITS THE TURN OF THE NORTH, THEY PRODUCE CRIMINALS TO RULE US AGAIN ? NIGERIA SHOULD UNITE AND FIGHT THESE CRIMINALS WITH OUR VOTES. THEY THOUGHT THEY HAVE KILLED NIGERIA, NOW THEY WANT TO COME BACK AND FINISH IT UP.

THOSE WHO SAY THERE WILL BE NO PEACE IN NIGERIA, COME 2011, MAY THEY NOT LIVE TO SEE THE ELECTION,  AMEN[/b]
Re: Atiku Says Violence May Be Inevitable by JERRYLEX: 11:03am On Dec 16, 2010
After OBJ don laff, me don start my own laff.
hiohiohiohiohio, hahahahahaha, hohohohohoho.

FOOL!
Re: Atiku Says Violence May Be Inevitable by Nsiman(m): 11:27am On Dec 16, 2010
@ mekaboy, ur sermon is interesting. The nplf (not north) just organise that opportunity to tell us nigerians that they are prepared for violence. Ok! The God of the south will always make it that nplf's hidden agenda is disclosed b4 time. Mme unam ikot
Re: Atiku Says Violence May Be Inevitable by sppnig(m): 11:47am On Dec 16, 2010
Until the South fights for its independence, this nonesense will have no end. Let Atiku bring his voilence on, he may just in for a huge surprise! Brainless Aboki.
Re: Atiku Says Violence May Be Inevitable by shudi(m): 12:47pm On Dec 16, 2010
Well, it's true that " if a peaceful means to revolutionary change is impossible, violence means becomes inevitable". However, Atiku may never get the mandate to rule this country because of his desperation.
Re: Atiku Says Violence May Be Inevitable by marcus1234: 12:53pm On Dec 16, 2010
Re: Atiku Says Violence May Be Inevitable by otukpo(f): 12:53pm On Dec 16, 2010
aboki remains aboki.
Re: Atiku Says Violence May Be Inevitable by nigerbabe: 1:09pm On Dec 16, 2010
very cheap threat!
Re: Atiku Says Violence May Be Inevitable by lindalee(f): 1:15pm On Dec 16, 2010
Why should a Presidential candidate who has promised us a change in Nigeria be talking about things like violence, this alone goes a long way to tell he is not fit and proper to even contest let alone become Nigeria's Next President. Please Atiku should just go and sleep and stop playing on the northerners' emotions using Zoning. Afterall that is not what makes a Credible candidate.
Re: Atiku Says Violence May Be Inevitable by Nsiman(m): 1:16pm On Dec 16, 2010
Inevitable violence in 2011 = inevitable distintegration of nigeria
Re: Atiku Says Violence May Be Inevitable by Nsiman(m): 1:16pm On Dec 16, 2010
Re: Atiku Says Violence May Be Inevitable by Dede1(m): 1:21pm On Dec 16, 2010
Nsiman:

I had been praying for your ordinate summation to become a reality so that nation states bunched up into the cesspit called Nigeria should go their different ways.
Re: Atiku Says Violence May Be Inevitable by sley4life(m): 1:25pm On Dec 16, 2010
Atiku is a nincompoop. Why make such a comment
Re: Atiku Says Violence May Be Inevitable by Solozzo(m): 1:31pm On Dec 16, 2010
All this is caused by GEJ who had refused to respect the rules of his own party by which he came to power. After a brief taste of power he is so desperate to continue that he is not willing to give up and respect his own party arrangement of zoning of the presidency. He should respect and pull out of the race. This is a common problem with Nigerian leaders.

He had not even done anything that would make us support his presidential bid anyway. GEJ SHOULD STEP DOWN from the race. Zoning may not be the best but the party had agreed to use it as a means of producing candidates and GEJ a chief beneficiary should do the honourable thing.

He is doing the same thing we complained about late Yar'Adua.
Re: Atiku Says Violence May Be Inevitable by pingpong1: 1:39pm On Dec 16, 2010
^^^ I agree with with you. Many of us saw it coming. Even if his wins, his tenue will be dogged by unending feud of this same issue. Even those with him now who he will obviously not be able to satisfy will be the first to start fermenting trouble.
Re: Atiku Says Violence May Be Inevitable by kleechy: 2:01pm On Dec 16, 2010
No amount of intimidation can make us vote for these ABOKIS.The had their own to make Nigeria a better country but did not.Majority of the so called have been in Government since independence,but notting to show while their people die of polio and ravaging in serious poverty.I think they should look beyond getting power again and concentrate on developing their region.90% of northerners are poor which is the highest in Nigeria.
Re: Atiku Says Violence May Be Inevitable by jason12345: 2:03pm On Dec 16, 2010
9ja voice:

Jason1234 do you see why i continue crying out for all southerners to unite especially igbo's and yoruba's. Do you now see the true color of your dear friend alh harem. I said it b4 that all core northerners are blood taste people. They cry war today because of joint forces of all Nigeria states against biafra state. Ok lets see what it will look like when all tribe will give way and allow igbo's and hausa/fulani's to fight the war how much more a united south plus middle belt joint forces against core north(hausa/fulani).

what am seen today is simply a turn around and a pay back time. its the Northerner's turn to provide the Lamb for the sacrifice and "JESUS THE MESSIAH" have this to say "those that kill by the swords dies by the sword" We don't want war but if its the only solution for the north to respect other tribes in Nigeria then i vote for it,lets go.

bro, i started off exactly like you. i preached southern unity even on this forum. what did people tell me (especially the pro-biafran), nonsense. they even told me that it would never happen and cursed all their southern neighbours. they even said i was from a minority!. anyway, i see what you are saying but bro, its going to take a lot of effort. i know we all started out as southern brothers in the southern protectorate until the land grabbing war (no offence) and see where we are today. the north terrorises the south at will and all we can do is just talk on the internet but if any southerner tries it, there would be blood shed all over the north. just imagine that!  if only we southerners can unite! from yoruba to ss to igbo then, you would see how insignificant the "north" is in the grand scheme of things in nigeria. UNTIL THE NORTH LEARNS TO RESPECT THE SOUTH AS EQUALS THEN THERE WOULD BE NO PEACE!!! goodluck with your campaign. i would be helping you from time to time
Re: Atiku Says Violence May Be Inevitable by appletango: 2:29pm On Dec 16, 2010
this is the problem when you send illiterate journalists to cover political events; inevitably the rule message gets lost and distorted.

Gbawe:

Where did Atiku talk of Court battle in this article ? Why not try to operate within the parameters of what we are all reading rather than be quick to insult others? You cannot link what you have read elsewhere to what is written here to then pronounce others "morons". To be on the same page , we must all speak based on this article or show links to other articles to strenghten our arguements.

and then you go on to say this:

A Presidential aspirant on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar Wednesday warned that if the leadership
of the Party and that of the country jettison the already existing zoning arrangement, it would amount to making violence change inevitable.

can you see that all you have done is to quote a journalist? can you see that you have just quoted their opinions and their evaluation of the situation which is no more valid than yours or mine. if you are going to quote anybody then i think it would be advisable to quote Alhaji Atiku Abubakar himself.

And this is what he said:

"Before I end this short address let me send a message to our great party the PDP: if the PDP does not reform, it stands the risk of making itself
irrelevant. Let me again send another message to the leadership of PDP that those who make peaceful change impossible, make violent change
inevitable.”

any clown can see that this message is addressed to members and leaders of PDP because he has clearly said so in his statement. he is talking about the futures success of the party, the future stability of the party, the future relevance of the party.

this is a internal pdp affair and seeing that most of you are anti pdp i fail to understand why you are becoming so clearly distressed by the saga that eventually kills this Behemoth.

Re: Atiku Says Violence May Be Inevitable by bisiaet: 2:50pm On Dec 16, 2010
I think this old f o o l is the most experience to be president as his fellower would say isnit? How can someone contesting to be president be envisaging violent that mean he has get some macinery ready for the violent somewhere that is just the simple truth so he is ready for war isnit? Oh Atiku God will punish you if you dont do your worst??

Both you,Atiku and those of them that gathered up with you planning or thinking of such may you all rotten in
H E L L. Let heaven falls zoning is irrelevant and no longer an issue so go and prepare your war battle ok we are waiting because you can not intimidate Nigerians to follow you or the North so pls go and do your worst Atiku.

You this Hausa want to cow the entire nation but is a lie it will not work. Keep threatening and lets see how far it would go. Nonsense.
Re: Atiku Says Violence May Be Inevitable by Reference(m): 2:58pm On Dec 16, 2010
I started developing a different line of thought lately. Why is it that southerners react by this 'secession thing' whenever the north flaunt thieir 'we own Nigeria' stuff. Is it that the north feels hey cannot be led by the 'pagans in the south'. Let Atickle and his ilk realise and understand that the south WILL rule Nigeria for as long as it likes. Times have changed. The west has done so, the south is and the east will follow. There is nothing to rotate. The north will just have to accept it. No one is going anywhere now. They will have to find medicine for that lump in their throat that can't swallow alternate rule and repay 30+ years of mismanagement. Enough of looking down on others. There are no second class citizens in Nigeria. If they want to prove Ikemba wrong then it should be INDEED.
Re: Atiku Says Violence May Be Inevitable by orgasm(m): 3:05pm On Dec 16, 2010
Atiku threatening us with violence?what impudence! we are certainly going to resist him with any means possible.This man should be in jail for goodness sake!
In as much i believe is the turn of the northerners to produce the next presidential aspirant under the PDP umbrella going by their Zoning arrangement(which is not Nigeria arrangement) they should give us a credible candidate which i believe the northerners are not short of.not a supposed jail bird like Atiku.
1. He fraudulently bought and acquired Govt.holdings in public companies during the privatisation exercise which was directly under him.
2. He has a case to answer in the Haliburton scandal.
3. The PTDF scam has his name smeared all over it.
4. He has a case of financial impropriety in the USA. Not to mention his massive loot of the federal coffer.
He retired as a custom officer and we know they are not paid the best salary so where did his fortune come from if not from fraudulent dealings? He built a university with his salary? And brought in expatriates to lecture with huge salaries when our level of unemployment is suffocating. Giving employment to citizens of countries of very low unemployment rate while the country he wants to lead(rule?) is having one of the lowest per capital income in the world. He is full of ironies! If only our legal system has not failed us he would not have be enjoying his loots freely up to the extent of having the effontery to spit on our face and asked to be made president and even threatening us with violence to have his way. This is so pathetic and i cant wait for things to change. It has to start with us and am saying my own right here that Atiku is a thief and belongs to Kirikiri maximum prison and not Aso rock villa.
Re: Atiku Says Violence May Be Inevitable by marcdunu: 3:06pm On Dec 16, 2010
Solozzo:

All this is caused by GEJ who had refused to respect the rules of his own party by which he came to power. After a brief taste of power he is so desperate to continue that he is not willing to give up and respect his own party arrangement of zoning of the presidency. He should respect and pull out of the race. This is a common problem with Nigerian leaders.

He had not even done anything that would make us support his presidential bid anyway. GEJ SHOULD STEP DOWN from the race. Zoning may not be the best but the party had agreed to use it as a means of producing candidates and GEJ a chief beneficiary should do the honourable thing.

He is doing the same thing we complained about late Yar'Adua.

[size=18pt]I agree with you. If this country goes into flames GEJ should be held responsible.[/size]
Re: Atiku Says Violence May Be Inevitable by marcdunu: 3:08pm On Dec 16, 2010
The CNN's Aisha Sessay also asked GEJ the same issue. GEJ should not cause confusion, he must respect the rules of his own party or quit the party all together.

A man who is not worth running a Local Government is holding a whole country to ransomn because he has been lucky enough to emerge President through zoning and now want to ditch a system he has imensely benefited from.
Re: Atiku Says Violence May Be Inevitable by Meristem: 3:10pm On Dec 16, 2010
Now I know that retard called Atiku is also brain-dead
Re: Atiku Says Violence May Be Inevitable by juman(m): 3:38pm On Dec 16, 2010
Let see. grin grin grin grin
Re: Atiku Says Violence May Be Inevitable by Reference(m): 3:43pm On Dec 16, 2010
Marcdunu, GEJ, Zoning, the PDP and other interests are not bigger than the aspirations of the majority of well meaning and progressive Nigerians. If we say we want GEJ it is for a reason, a structural reason not based on sentiments or some undemocratic political manipulation. If the south felt in 1999 that rotation was its best chance of assuming power so be it. This is 2010 and things have changed or are you saying the south cannot change its mind. Does the north want to take over the MINDS of southerners as well.

We don't want rotation, period. Nigeria does not belong to any section neither did GEJ did kill Yaradua. He got there by fate. I repeat, no one is saying GEJ represents the best the South-South, the South or Nigeria has to offer but at this time - December 2010 he represents the best agent of structural change in this country. Let us fix the building before we take care of the furniture. The election of GEJ will prove that outside the north and west other regions belong and if you feel there are second class citizens in Nigeria with no aspirations as and when they want to rule, stand up and defend that position.
Re: Atiku Says Violence May Be Inevitable by namdo(m): 3:58pm On Dec 16, 2010
empty threat cool If Atiku wins PDP primaries, PDP will run the presidential elections to a loss mark this. It is better for another party to emerge than for an aboki to rule this country into further abis from where we are currently. The Abokis have nothing to offer in tems of governance. they have proved this since independence.
Re: Atiku Says Violence May Be Inevitable by marcdunu: 4:09pm On Dec 16, 2010
Reference:

Marcdunu, GEJ, Zoning, the PDP and other interests are not bigger than the aspirations of the majority of well meaning and progressive Nigerians. If we say we want GEJ it is for a reason, a structural reason not based on sentiments or some undemocratic political manipulation. If the south felt in 1999 that rotation was its best chance of assuming power so be it. This is 2010 and things have changed or are you saying the south cannot change its mind. Does the north want to take over the MINDS of southerners as well.

We don't want rotation, period. Nigeria does not belong to any section neither did GEJ did kill Yaradua. He got there by fate. I repeat, no one is saying GEJ represents the best the South-South, the South or Nigeria has to offer but at this time - December 2010 he represents the best agent of structural change in this country. Let us fix the building before we take care of the furniture. The election of GEJ will prove that outside the north and west other regions belong and if you feel there are second class citizens in Nigeria with no aspirations as and when they want to rule, stand up and defend that position.

Which is why GEJ should leave PDP to safeguard whatever majority aspirations he thinks he represents. There are rules as enshrined in PDP constitution which even a Nigerian court of law has recognised. In the interest of peace GEJ must respect the PDP constitution or quit the PDP. Rules are rules, they are there to be obeyed.

They are not designed for you to ignore claiming to represent any ridiculous majority aspirations because if our politics has always been about majority aspirations GEJ would have still been a Bayelsa local politician by now.

He should not destroy Nigeria, the constitution of the PDP on zoning must be respected by members of that party. Anybody who does not agree with it are well in their right to disagree but they will also have to quit.

Disobeying the internal rules of a party is a recipe for catastrophe and confusion.
Re: Atiku Says Violence May Be Inevitable by Meldrick(m): 4:35pm On Dec 16, 2010
THIS MAN AND HIS INORDINATE AMBITION. HE SURE WANTS TO BE PRESIDENT AT ALL COST EVEN WITH HIS UGLY PAST CHASING HIM.
HE IS TOO DESPERATE AND CAN NEVER BE PRESIDENT.
OBJ SAW ALL THIS AND THAT EXPLAINS WHY HE PUT THIS MAN IN A POCKET SIZE HOLE.
I GUESS THE LITTLTE POWER HE HAD AS BPE CHAIRMAN MADE HIM FEEL LIKE A PRESIDENT BUT AGAIN I SAY THAT WAS THE ONLY MISTAKE OBJ MADE. HE TRIED TO BE FAIR BY MAKING HIM BE CHAIRMAN BUT ATIEKFU WANTED MORE.

ATIEFKU YOU ARE A LIAR. IF YOU PUSH TOO HARD TO BECOME PRESIDENT, YOU'LL JOIN YOUR COLLEAGUE (ABACHA) ANY WHERE HE IS.
Re: Atiku Says Violence May Be Inevitable by Felixwins(m): 5:01pm On Dec 16, 2010
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL NIGERIAN YOUTHS, OUR WOULD-BE PRESIDENT ATIKU ABUBAKAR {GCON} IS RECRUITING COURAGEOUS YOUTHS WHO WILL PARTICIPATE IN THE FORTH COMING QUANTUM 007 {naija verson} AND ALSO IN PRISON BREAK AND THE GREAT WAR OF TROY [northern/southern edition}.
All interested youths should upload their CV at www.atikuviolencecrew.com. Application closes on Jan 15th 2011.
For more info, send enquiries to: violence2011@atiku.com.
Minimum pay is $10,000
TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY
lol.
Atiku is such a funny dumy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Jonathan To Sack Ministers With Governorship Aspirations / Ahmed Lawan Defends N13.5m Running Cost: 'Many Don’t Understand Our Functions' / What Happened To The Federal Government's Whistle-Blowing Policy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.