Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,608 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanz~!On Stranger Tides - ***Review*** - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanz~!On Stranger Tides - ***Review*** (4000 Views)

Johnny Depp Of "Pirates Of The Caribbean" Faces Possible 10-year Prison Sentence / Johnny Deep Confirms Pirates Of The Caribbean 5 / X-men Fanz;; X-men june 3rd, 2011 ***Review*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanz~!On Stranger Tides - ***Review*** by ijawgirl: 1:31pm On May 20, 2011
I dnt feel like watching pirates this time
Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanz~!On Stranger Tides - ***Review*** by iice(f): 3:11am On May 21, 2011
Loved it cheesy
Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanz~!On Stranger Tides - ***Review*** by obinna5000(m): 8:57am On May 21, 2011
@iice and ijaw_girl
Pirates of the Caribbean - On Stranger Tides has been getting mixed reviews on the internet lately.
I still check it out hopefully by next weekend. wink
Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanz~!On Stranger Tides - ***Review*** by iice(f): 3:19pm On May 21, 2011
Don't really care about internet reviews unless it's a critic i like undecided.
Just so happy Barbosa was there and a new guy - Black Beard cheesy
Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanz~!On Stranger Tides - ***Review*** by bgees(m): 4:10pm On May 21, 2011
Most reviews I've read gave it low ratings. must be the new director.
Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanz~!On Stranger Tides - ***Review*** by obinna5000(m): 4:20pm On May 21, 2011
@iice
The mixed reviews are from both critics and movie-goers. I'm not going to mention any critic's name but its more like 50% positive and 50% negative reviews.
Anyway, I'm still checking it out next week when it premieres in Nigerian cinemas.
Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanz~!On Stranger Tides - ***Review*** by iice(f): 5:20pm On May 21, 2011
Even worse with movie goers. Shiver me timbers
Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanz~!On Stranger Tides - ***Review*** by obinna5000(m): 5:33pm On May 21, 2011
@iice
No be only shiver me timbers. grin Na shiver me bambooes. grin

The movie is still getting mixed reviews. But that won't affect the box office numbers. cheesy
Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanz~!On Stranger Tides - ***Review*** by tripledub: 8:06pm On May 21, 2011
True talk. I heard dat alaba pirates ve started burning it into CDs. imagine pirates pirating our beloved pirates of d c
Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanz~!On Stranger Tides - ***Review*** by teeluv(m): 11:43pm On May 21, 2011
it was ok but i think ill give it a 50/50 as well, didnt really enjoys depp's character, i feel director didnt really allow him to flow freely and was to rigid. it could be me but i kinda noticed that jacks lines were not as much as id expected them to be, but on d other side my jack sparrow did perform,

@ iice pray tell and correct if im wrong so i could shiver in mi boots,
Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanz~!On Stranger Tides - ***Review*** by iice(f): 7:30am On May 22, 2011
Lmao! Me be bewildered grin
Actually i didn't think his lines were fewer. He talked too much in the last one undecided Unnecessary especially in a man. Take Barbosa. . .doesn't prattle like a woman but you know each line is effective. I was expecting Jackie's dad to be in more scenes. . .me be bewildered tongue Maybe because i'm comparing it to the last one which i didn't really like too much.
Teeluv, i think you mean his lines weren't as twisted as before. Yeah that's true, but Jack sparrow did perform.
Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanz~!On Stranger Tides - ***Review*** by obinna5000(m): 10:00am On May 22, 2011
@iice and teeluv
I just heard there's a scene after the end credits of Pirates of the Caribbean - On Stranger Tides. Did y'all see it?
Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanz~!On Stranger Tides - ***Review*** by ijawgirl: 7:59pm On May 22, 2011
I think am gonna watch it today
review coming soon

am so bored. .off to the cinema~
Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanz~!On Stranger Tides - ***Review*** by teeluv(m): 10:51pm On May 22, 2011
@ obinna nope, is it like what dey did in iron man 2, ?,
Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanz~!On Stranger Tides - ***Review*** by obinna5000(m): 12:34am On May 23, 2011
teeluv:

@ obinna nope, is it like what dey did in iron man 2, ?,

@teeluv
Yes.
Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanz~!On Stranger Tides - ***Review*** by iice(f): 2:02am On May 23, 2011
I didn't stay ooo, so i didnt see it. I left the cinema at 2 am and i had work the next day so had to rush out after it ended.
Will maybe see it again and check out the extra scene
Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanz~!On Stranger Tides - ***Review*** by coogar: 2:46pm On May 23, 2011
saw it in 3-d. it was decent but not all that. the best part for me were the mermaids. if mermaids are that beautiful, i want to marry one.
Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanz~!On Stranger Tides - ***Review*** by teeluv(m): 4:59pm On May 23, 2011
@ coogar, go marry nah, mermaid koh mammy water ni,

i pity u,
Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanz~!On Stranger Tides - ***Review*** by ijawgirl: 11:08pm On May 25, 2011
gonna watch u this weekend~
Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanz~!On Stranger Tides - ***Review*** by jessica001: 9:53am On May 26, 2011
I am a big pirates of the Caribbean movir fan but this time it disappointed me.
Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanz~!On Stranger Tides - ***Review*** by Brisingr(m): 1:32am On Jun 04, 2011
i support d missionary position dis line just cracks me up one statement 2 meanings.dis part 4 is it b4 or afta d will and katarine saga ?can't recall any blackbeard at d pirate conclave
Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanz~!On Stranger Tides - ***Review*** by ragdollz: 2:43am On Jun 04, 2011
Lol, to think I was actually able to see some of the shooting of the film (on location in UK: University of Greenwich) it was freaking surreal grin. Whole markets constructed, with fruits looking so real you'd want to grab one (but all the food was fake grin) this one's not making as much as the others but is still respectable. Urrmm, am I the only one missing Kiera and the gorgeous Bloom grin. The producers shouldn't have chopped those two out like that sad
Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanz~!On Stranger Tides - ***Review*** by user32(m): 8:01am On Jun 04, 2011
i have seen it this part is wack and boring,
Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanz~!On Stranger Tides - ***Review*** by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:17am On Jun 04, 2011
[size=13pt]IJAW GIRL a special thanks for starting this thread . like you've said i see no need to still drag or create another movie from the same PIRATE OF THE CARIBBEAN ? I can't believe that they spent all that time, money and talent on a dragging storyline like this epic abomination. Too much drunken chatting by Depp and not enough story line to hold water. The subplot of the mermaid and the holy man was absolutely lost on the cutting room floor. . . . hook, line and stinker.

Everyone, cast, crew, writers, producers, Mickey Mouse and the whole Disney monolith should make a big pass on any more sequels to this worn out franchise.

Still, as always, the only bright spot in the entire 2-plus hours was Ian McShane. He could be snoring and it would be full of character and devious charm. Makes one hell of a pirate in a stormy sea of schlock.
[/size]

Please, stop the madness and move on to other rides at Disney World.
Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanz~!On Stranger Tides - ***Review*** by ijawgirl: 11:30pm On Jun 06, 2011
all dese reviews aint encouraging

so I am not gonna watch POC lol cheesy
Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanz~!On Stranger Tides - ***Review*** by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:43am On Jun 07, 2011

ijaw_girl:

all dese reviews aint encouraging

so I am not gonna watch POC lol cheesy

Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanz~!On Stranger Tides - ***Review*** by annita19(f): 4:36am On Jun 07, 2011
Really suck
Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanz~!On Stranger Tides - ***Review*** by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:10pm On Jun 08, 2011
[size=13pt]I feel the same thing too somehow . . . lipsrsealed.
[/size]

annita19:

Really suck
Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanz~!On Stranger Tides - ***Review*** by obinna5000(m): 7:02pm On Jun 08, 2011
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides has made $806 million worldwide so far. shocked Quite impressive.

But the reviews so far are not encouraging at all.
Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanz~!On Stranger Tides - ***Review*** by JSparrow(m): 7:25pm On Jun 10, 2011
well the movie was okay,expected more though. the extra scene showed the vodoo doll of Jack sparrow bein washed ashore on the island he left Penelope cruz
Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanz~!On Stranger Tides - ***Review*** by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:23pm On Jun 10, 2011
[size=13pt]Yeah- your point is that the $806 mILLION is bigger than the low rating on reviewers ? grin grin wink[/size]

obinna5000:

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides has made $806 million worldwide so far. shocked Quite impressive.

But the reviews so far are not encouraging at all.
Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanz~!On Stranger Tides - ***Review*** by obinna5000(m): 12:38am On Jun 11, 2011
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]Yeah- your point is that the $806 mILLION is bigger than the low rating on reviewers ? grin grin wink[/size]

@Ogaga4Luv
cheesy grin
It's not all the time commercial success translates to good film.
The franchise has a huge fanbase anyway.

I'll still check it out whenever it starts showing in Nigerian cinemas.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Terminal List (download Links) / Scariest Movies You Have Ever Seen Are: / Best And Worst Movies For 2008

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.