Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,061 members, 7,828,741 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Japanese Engine Versus German Engine, Which Last Longer? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Japanese Engine Versus German Engine, Which Last Longer? (4902 Views)

2019 Mercedes-benz G550 Versus 2019 Mercedes-amg G63, Which Is Your Favourite? / Diesel Engine And Petrol Engine Which Do You Prefer / This Japanese Robot Car,Earth-1,Can Fold & Park In Tight Spaces & It Costs £52k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japanese Engine Versus German Engine, Which Last Longer? by yungboss(m): 8:27pm On Feb 18, 2020
AmuDimpka:
The truth is that most Benz and German cars comes with cast iron engine and it is more durable than aluminum...a simple physics and chemistry would tell us that aluminum isn't stronger than cast iron

One thing that makes some of the engines in Mazda, Nissan and Mitsubishi wear easily is because of aluminum engine blocks ...also the property used in .along the Pistons matters also....

I am trying to use physics! Also the maintenance and driving style matters also

Aluminum does have some drawbacks, however. As a metal, it's not as strong as iron and doesn't hold up to high levels of heat as well. Many early aluminum block engines had problems with cylinders warping, leading to concerns over durability.

End of discussion
Alot of German engines have aluminium block, e.g, most bmw engines. The Mercedes M272 engine block is aluminium.
I think the issue with how long an engine will last has to do more with maintenance, regardless of manufacturer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japanese Engine Versus German Engine, Which Last Longer? by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:53pm On Feb 18, 2020
yungboss:

Alot of German engines have aluminium block, e.g, most bmw engines. The Mercedes M272 engine block is aluminium.
I think the issue with how long an engine will last has to do more with maintenance, regardless of manufacturer.

You're replying someone who's completely clueless. Who still makes cast iron blocks these days?

2 Likes

Re: Japanese Engine Versus German Engine, Which Last Longer? by Bizzyliss(m): 12:28am On Feb 19, 2020
AmuDimpka:

That was when Toyota were using cast iron to build their cars ..today they have all gone aluminum in Japan bro
my own is still moving fine, that vehicle strong sha

1 Like

Re: Japanese Engine Versus German Engine, Which Last Longer? by CHINEDUMAPERANT: 11:27am On Jun 23, 2022
Hmmmm
Re: Japanese Engine Versus German Engine, Which Last Longer? by okoroemeka(m): 8:06pm On Jun 23, 2022
AmuDimpka:
German engineering.....I still see 1978 Benz 230 flat boots around and I still see 1956 Vboots

But I can't even see 1990 Toyota whatever around

It's German engineering
I am a Honda lover but the true test of reliability to me is the use of a vehicle for transportation on the hell roads of Nigeria,Honda, Mitsubishi,Mercedes,Hyundai,Kia,Nissan,etc all have buses or minivans that are far more cheaper than Toyotas, don't you ask yourself why is it Toyota buses ,Sienna's, picnics,previas dominate the long haul transportation routes of Nigeria,ask yourself why?ROCK SOLID reliability,try and use an Odyssey for transportation from portharcort to Lagos and you can see your gearbox falling out at shagamu after a few trips ,a Mitsubishi will simply burst into flames at ore

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japanese Engine Versus German Engine, Which Last Longer? by Bizzyliss(m): 1:26am On Jun 26, 2022
nurey:

The Ford and UK cars I know are 1920s, they are used to haul water from Lagos water corporation in ikoyi infront of ikoyi club, anybody living or passing that area can attest.

I was at UDO in Edo state last week and a certain truck for hauling logs of wood I am certain is an 1800 vehicle, it is red in color I don't know the make but that vehicle plenty there.Toyota dyna too

There are 1950s Nissan atlas along Abeokuta Iseyin road, Honda sef no carry last alot of 1970 Civic and 70s accord in kaduna and Kano There are a lot of extremely old cars in Nigeria only when you travel often would your mouth be agape at seeing history in real life.

There are even very clean Benz W140 in the north park there with no use in villages.
Re: Japanese Engine Versus German Engine, Which Last Longer? by Bizzyliss(m): 1:26am On Jun 26, 2022
ogbuefi677:

Toyotas have the most fragile engines.
Small abuse,kaput.
1 in every 5 Camry or Corolla has had an engine or transmission change or rebuild
what of the Toyota dyna
Re: Japanese Engine Versus German Engine, Which Last Longer? by okoroemeka(m): 5:27am On Jun 26, 2022
nurey:

The Ford and UK cars I know are 1920s, they are used to haul water from Lagos water corporation in ikoyi infront of ikoyi club, anybody living or passing that area can attest.

I was at UDO in Edo state last week and a certain truck for hauling logs of wood I am certain is an 1800 vehicle, it is red in color I don't know the make but that vehicle plenty there.

There are 1950s Nissan atlas along Abeokuta Iseyin road, Honda sef no carry last alot of 1970 Civic and 70s accord in kaduna and Kano There are a lot of extremely old cars in Nigeria only when you travel often would your mouth be agape at seeing history in real life.

There are even very clean Benz W140 in the north park there with no use in villages.
the red colour truck you are seeing is Steyr diesel,also Bedford , Austin Leyland,and Morris these are the old trucks used for logging in the most inhospitable places in Nigeria,very reliable old workhorses

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should I Buy This EOD? / Hissing Sound Wen Steering My Car; What's Wrong / Please Advise Me: Seller Has No Custom Papers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.