Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,258 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

How Come Igbos Do Not Give Money To Street Beggars - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Come Igbos Do Not Give Money To Street Beggars (4538 Views)

How Come Igbos Now Reject Sit At Home Protest? / David Hundeyin: Tinubu Has Links To Street Gangs And Drug Cartels / LASG Declares Zero Tolerance For Street Beggars, Destitute Persons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Come Igbos Do Not Give Money To Street Beggars by Charleys: 5:40am On Feb 17, 2020
Bighead9:

Yes, Igbo's have taking over begging from the North. There are Igbo beggars in every part of this Country. They are mostly found within busy traffics and round about. When you visit the East, you will see millions of Igbo beggers grin grin

Millions grin

1 Like

Re: How Come Igbos Do Not Give Money To Street Beggars by ServantsOfTruth: 5:49am On Feb 17, 2020
Any igbo man that gives any northern money is a big fool

Igbos when ever a northern beggar ask you for money tell him to go beg buhari

1 Like

Re: How Come Igbos Do Not Give Money To Street Beggars by rummmy: 5:49am On Feb 17, 2020
Charleys:

Kano is well developed than the whole of south east grin
which Kano, ebonyi is more developed than kano and zamfara put together.
Re: How Come Igbos Do Not Give Money To Street Beggars by Nobody: 6:18am On Feb 17, 2020
You now monitor all Igbos to know when they give money or not? This is an individual thing you gotta stop this nonsense.

1 Like

Re: How Come Igbos Do Not Give Money To Street Beggars by Amumaigwe: 6:36am On Feb 17, 2020
Charleys:
I've never seen an Igbo man give money to Street beggars.

This is why most northern beggars do not like going to the East to beg because there no "market" in the east.

My question is why does these happen?
Let's have reasons, no insult please.

They were all loaded in Dangote trailers from the South to the North during election to vote Buhari, who is the architect of their hsrdship. Now that hunger comes knocking, they quickly run down to the South with their different deformities and ailments to beg infidels for alms, same that they called names because they refused to vote incompetent Buhari. I have not given any Northern begger one Kobo since Buhari's reelection and never ever will again.

1 Like

Re: How Come Igbos Do Not Give Money To Street Beggars by rex444(m): 6:37am On Feb 17, 2020
is begging meant for only the same group of people ruling this country?
Re: How Come Igbos Do Not Give Money To Street Beggars by Charleys: 6:42am On Feb 17, 2020
rex444:
is begging meant for only the same group of people ruling this country?

So in otherwords People who rule the country do not need to beg for alms again.
Re: How Come Igbos Do Not Give Money To Street Beggars by rex444(m): 6:45am On Feb 17, 2020
Charleys:

So in otherwords People who rule the country do not need to beg for alms again.
only in Africa you will see so very many of that ....
Re: How Come Igbos Do Not Give Money To Street Beggars by AmuDimpka: 6:49am On Feb 17, 2020
Charleys:

This is why most northern beggars do not like going to the East to beg because there no "market" in the east.

I give ! I don't like stereotypes....why must they come to East to beg, they should come to East to invest not beg

Igbo don't encourage beggerly attitude

1 Like

Re: How Come Igbos Do Not Give Money To Street Beggars by Sunnycliff(m): 6:51am On Feb 17, 2020
SangoOlukosoOba:
Because they are naturally stingy
Yet we go to the village, pick a young kinsman, train him for six or seven years in a trade and empower him to start up. This our stinginess is amazing.

Igbos don't give you food on daily basis, we teach you and show you the way to make your own daily bread.

3 Likes

Re: How Come Igbos Do Not Give Money To Street Beggars by AmuDimpka: 6:53am On Feb 17, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Lolzz

Igbos done suffer on nairaland ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

No day passes without Igbo topic..

They are great tribe, they are enigmatic...people went to know what makes them thick

It shows that Igbo are awesome

2 Likes

Re: How Come Igbos Do Not Give Money To Street Beggars by AngryIgboMan: 7:19am On Feb 17, 2020
Seun Lalasticlala

I have said this once and I will say it again. This forum is becoming nauseating. The number of tribal threads opened everyday is becoming more terrible.

I am not comfortable coming online and seeing threads like

Igbo this, Igbo that.

Most times, its very generalised. It breeds tribal war.

3 Likes

Re: How Come Igbos Do Not Give Money To Street Beggars by Nobody: 8:26am On Feb 17, 2020
goodnessme1:
Why should i give money to president brothers.

Shebi they claim a Dem get dangote....
Make Dem go beg dangote and co.
Re: How Come Igbos Do Not Give Money To Street Beggars by Nobody: 8:30am On Feb 17, 2020
Rossippi:

It is you that is stupid and inhuman. When God created you, did He say it was not your job to help your fellow man in distress?

Did He say leave it all to government?

Every Sunday you go to church to pray for riches for yourself. Is that not what you Nigerian ''christians'' do? Church for you is simply an ATM to beg God for money. Is that what your bible says worship is for? Is it not for selflessness and loving your neighbour as yourself? When last did your corrupt pastors stress such virtues?

No wonder you think it's not your job to help others in distress.

In the UK a century ago, when people starved in the streets and govt corruption was rife, private citizens came together to set up charities, and 'soup kitchens' for the poor and hungry. They didn't say ''it's the govt's job, none of our business''.

They took responsibility for their fellow citizens. Those private charities still exist today, despite the existence of govt welfare programmes for the poor.

It is your moral DUTY to help your fellow man if you can, irrespective of what the govt is doing or not doing. Get that into your little selfish skull, you hear?

U what have u done

1 Like

Re: How Come Igbos Do Not Give Money To Street Beggars by edoairways: 8:32am On Feb 17, 2020
SangoOlukosoOba:
Because they are naturally stingy
No igbos believe in hard work

2 Likes

Re: How Come Igbos Do Not Give Money To Street Beggars by Alitair(m): 9:28am On Feb 17, 2020
Charleys:

The Igbo's value work. Begging is seen as laziness and that is why there are very few Igbo beggars.

1 Like

Re: How Come Igbos Do Not Give Money To Street Beggars by Alitair(m): 9:32am On Feb 17, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Like Igbo topics flooding nairaland every blessed day....how?

Before the day runs off, another Igbo thread will be opened.

Its a free world. You can also open up for wherever you wish... After all its free.
Re: How Come Igbos Do Not Give Money To Street Beggars by Collins4u1(m): 9:43am On Feb 17, 2020
They should go and meet their people in power to dash them money. Rubbish.
Re: How Come Igbos Do Not Give Money To Street Beggars by Charleys: 9:34pm On Feb 17, 2020
Alitair:

The Igbo's value work. Begging is seen as laziness and that is why there are very few Igbo beggars.

Really?
Re: How Come Igbos Do Not Give Money To Street Beggars by Dikegodspower(m): 11:15am On Feb 27, 2020
Rossippi:

Look at you. Selfish demon. But your people are in the north making billions of dollars annually, but you can't bring yourself to give 20 naira to a poor northern beggar with nothing. You will get your comeuppance. Selfish man.

are you aware that they are also here in the east begging?
they should join our people over there to make that billion.
Re: How Come Igbos Do Not Give Money To Street Beggars by tsdarkside(m): 12:30pm On Feb 27, 2020
they are sore loosers and bullies....

when bullies get pissed,they let out their frustrations on the weak and helpless....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: Nigeria Is In Hot Soup! / Sanwo-Olu: The Sacrifices Of Ex-Servicemen Won’t Be Forgotten / Tinubu Warned Not To Sack His Aide For Covering Nose Over Wet Cloth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.