Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,152 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development (6576 Views)

President Buhari Virtually Commissions 3-Projects In Kano And Kaduna (Photos) / Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer / Kano And Kaduna Get Lion Share; Six Highlights Of Buhari’s Cabinet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by Sammy07: 6:59pm On Feb 17, 2020
Marine54:
The north is big, yet they can't do without the se.. I am frm ss..

Listen and listen good.
The north can do without you.
When they're done sucking your oil, then they'll let you go.
Use your head.
Apart from Oil, what do south east have?

2 Likes

Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by Bighead9: 7:22pm On Feb 17, 2020
Aboki leave Igbo's alone. All the houses in the North belongs to us. That's why the East is like paradise. grin grin grin

We have swimming pools in every nuke and cranny of the East. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by Westbestside: 7:25pm On Feb 17, 2020
[s]
Nowenuse:

Southwestern cities have huge sizes, but they are very very underdeveloped and nothing to write home about.... I mean no hatred.

Most Southwest cities developed from old congested settlements, and these evolved into gigantic messes.

Besides, that size for Akure is very impossible, unless you are including rural areas... Where is the population to back it up? I can agree with that of Ibadan, it is very big and has the population to back it up.

PH is big and developed no doubt. The most developed in the South after Lagos, but Kaduna can withstand it... PH just keeps on having more and more oil money while Kaduna is a shadow of it's past glory and that is the edge PH has over Kaduna.

Uyo & Calabar are the only other green, neat and sane cities in the South, but they are small and non-commercial.
Warri & Benin are the next 2 largest and populated cities in the South after Lagos & PH... I have lived most of my life in both places and I am very sad to say that both places are very embarrassing and shameful considering where they are located.

Smaller cities in the north like Yola-Jimeta, Bauchi & Gombe even look more sane than both places... Warri is becoming a shadow of itself by the day and Yahoo boys/runs girls are the only things in both cities.

Asaba is the next promising city of the South and in a short time from now it will overtake Warri & Benin.

Although, Benin and Warri wouldn't have been so bad if only they had good roads...
Good roads are like a miracle in both cities.
[/s]You must be dumb, Akure town is 991sqkm, since you don't travel, how will you know. Which rural are you talking about. Awka that is just 120sqkm included rural areas. So I don't understand what you are saying. OK, let me now divide Akure in south and north. Akure south Alone is 331sqkm whick is almost 3times bigger than the whole awka as well as portharcourt. Educate yourself.

4 Likes

Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by Bighead9: 7:29pm On Feb 17, 2020
Sammy07:

Listen and listen good.
Use your head.

Oga let me not lie, we don't have Oil in alaigbo (East) It's only the South South that have Oil. But we have the best Roads and transportation system. All our Roads are world class and designed like Red Mud. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by Movic1(m): 7:41pm On Feb 17, 2020
Sammy07:

A local government in Niger state will swallow 3 states in the east...

Guy, have you ever been to Niger before??

We aren't talking about size but development. There's nothing in Niger state. The state is just big for nothing...

1 Like

Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by Bighead9: 7:43pm On Feb 17, 2020
Nowenuse:

I have been to majority of the states and cities in Nigeria. .... I love traveling! And I am the kind of person, If I visit a city for the first time, I will get a car and fuel it almost full tank just for a driver to take me round every nook and cranny of the city while I am on my Google map!
So, you are not just talking to anyone bro.

I know everywhere in Warri...I have lived there most of my life there ...
Warri is big no doubt, especially since Udu LGA and some part of Ughelli south & Okpe LGAs have merged with Warri south and Uvwie LGA.

Warri, Benin, Jos and Kaduna are all about the same size! .... Just that Kaduna murders the other 3 cities when it comes to development!
I lived and schooled in Benin for 7 years.

Only PH can withstand Kaduna in development, but I think PH is slightly larger than Kaduna in Landmass.
Kano is just something else when it comes to size abeg... The only thing is that Kano has too many poor and low income areas compared to Kaduna, but even the high income areas in Kano alone are almost bigger than all the other cities I mentioned above individually.

In the SE, Onitsha & Aba are the biggest cities, and they can compare Warri, Benin, Jos & Kaduna in size, but they are very very dirty, unkept and unorganised... Although, Onitsha is having a new look, I was impressed the last time I visited, compared to the way it was in the past. .... Owerri and Enugu are the sane ones but they are smaller in size.

Oga, we Igbo's developed Warri, Benin, Kaduna and all. That's why our own states are far more developed that than Kaduna, Kano, Benin, Abuja, Lagos e.t.c. grin grin grin

Our Brother, Mazi Rochas Okorocha build Dubai standard Roads in Oweri. grin

Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by Sammy07: 7:49pm On Feb 17, 2020
Bighead9:

Oga let me not lie, we don't have Oil in alaigbo (East) It's only the South South that have Oil. But we have the best Roads and transportation system. All our Roads are world class and designed like Red Mud. grin grin

Lol,

1 Like

Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by Sammy07: 7:50pm On Feb 17, 2020
Movic1:

We aren't talking about size but development. There's nothing in Niger states. The state is just big for nothing...

It's possible the east will develop faster than the north.

It's easy to develop small area of landmass than big landmass...
Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by Nobody: 1:26am On Feb 18, 2020
some individuals relating development with population and size

some people commenting here lacks comprehensiveness.
Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by Nobody: 1:27am On Feb 18, 2020
Sammy07:

It's possible the east will develop faster than the north.

It's easy to develop small area of landmass than big landmass...
......and who said the East isn't developed,??

2 Likes

Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by Biafrarep(m): 6:24am On Feb 18, 2020
Nowenuse:

I have been to majority of the states and cities in Nigeria. .... I love traveling! And I am the kind of person, If I visit a city for the first time, I will get a car and fuel it almost full tank just for a driver to take me round every nook and cranny of the city while I am on my Google map!
So, you are not just talking to anyone bro.

I know everywhere in Warri...I have lived there most of my life there ...
Warri is big no doubt, especially since Udu LGA and some part of Ughelli south & Okpe LGAs have merged with Warri south and Uvwie LGA.

Warri, Benin, Jos and Kaduna are all about the same size! .... Just that Kaduna murders the other 3 cities when it comes to development!
I lived and schooled in Benin for 7 years.

Only PH can withstand Kaduna in development, but I think PH is slightly larger than Kaduna in Landmass.
Kano is just something else when it comes to size abeg... The only thing is that Kano has too many poor and low income areas compared to Kaduna, but even the high income areas in Kano alone are almost bigger than all the other cities I mentioned above individually.

In the SE, Onitsha & Aba are the biggest cities, and they can compare Warri, Benin, Jos & Kaduna in size, but they are very very dirty, unkept and unorganised... Although, Onitsha is having a new look, I was impressed the last time I visited, compared to the way it was in the past. .... Owerri and Enugu are the sane ones but they are smaller in size.

My dear you really need to stop spewing fallacies here. Who told you that Warri is a bigger city than Enugu and Owerri?

Aba may still be dirty but who told you that Onitsha is dirty? Or are you talking about Onitsha of 1999?

The way some ignorant people will come to nairaland and start saying trash can be quite disturbing indeed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by LegendHero(m): 6:47am On Feb 18, 2020
Biafrarep:

My dear you really need to stop spewing fallacies here. Who told you that Warri is a bigger city than Enugu and Owerri?

Aba may still be dirty but who told you that Onitsha is dirty? Or are you talking about Onitsha of 1999?

The way some ignorant people will come to nairaland and start saying trash can be quite disturbing indeed.

While we should not judge development by size, it is important to correct your notion about Warri size.

A little search on the side of the above indicates that:
Warri North & South = 2474km2

Enugu city (Enugu East, Enugu North, Enugu South) = 556km2

Owerri (Owerri Municipal, Owerri North and Owerri West) = 551km2

No matter what metrics you use, Warri city is by far larger than both Owerri & Enugu city combined!

Note: If I add Warri Southwest to that it will bring the Warri figure to 4196km2

Source: Wikipedia

3 Likes

Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by Westbestside: 7:20am On Feb 18, 2020
LegendHero:

While we should not judge development by size, it is important to correct your notion about Warri size.

Owerri (Owerri Municipal, Owerri North and Owerri West) = 104km2

No matter what metrics you use, Warri city is by far larger than both Owerri & Enugu city combined!

Note: If I add Warri Southwest to that it will bring the Warri figure to 4196km2

No mind them.

2 Likes

Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by Biafrarep(m): 8:34am On Feb 18, 2020
LegendHero:

You guys should stop being ridiculous. Population is what counts in city size and not landmass! You can build shanties that spread out for kilometers while another will build concentrated high-rise buildings. Eastern cities build high-rise buildings while others largely build bungalows.

I repeat, Enugu is more populous than Warri.
Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by LegendHero(m): 8:42am On Feb 18, 2020
Biafrarep:

You guys should stop being ridiculous. Population is what counts in city size and not landmass! You can build shanties that spread out for kilometers while another will build concentrated high-rise buildings. Eastern cities build high-rise buildings while others largely build bungalows.

I repeat, Enugu is more populous than Warri.

You are saying a different thing now. Below is your post where you laid emphasis on city and not population.

You said who told him Warri is a bigger city.

Looking at the discussion trend on here, people are talking about land size and not population so I am right by bringing out the size of each city based on the argument.

Biafrarep:

1 Like

Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by Nobody: 3:57pm On Feb 18, 2020
immhotep:

yarimo will not like this

You say wetin?

Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by Nobody: 3:58pm On Feb 18, 2020
Nigeria and all the cities in it are all shitholes

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by Nobody: 4:15pm On Feb 18, 2020
olagbola45:

Mr man if you want to know a local govt in borno is bigger than the biggest city in South East...contest that with me and I will tell you how

Borno is big for nothing
The core Northern States are half desert and unproductive, that's why the Fulanis are trying to capture the Middle Belt which is best for agriculture.

Size my foot,

It's not done by useless land mass

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by sapientia(m): 9:21pm On Feb 18, 2020
Isinweke:
Nigeria and all the cities in it are all shitholes

Yowaaa
Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by Nowenuse: 3:31pm On Feb 21, 2020
Westbestside:
[s][/s]You must be dumb, Akure town is 991sqkm, since you don't travel, how will you know. Which rural are you talking about. Awka that is just 120sqkm included rural areas. So I don't understand what you are saying. OK, let me now divide Akure in south and north. Akure south Alone is 331sqkm whick is almost 3times bigger than the whole awka as well as portharcourt. Educate yourself.

Oga, use your Google map to measure Ibadan and Akure and not just your mouth.

Here is the picture of the measurement of Ibadan & Akure below.

Akure is 175km² while Ibadan is about 560km².

Jos is about 320km², same with Benin city.
Kaduna is over 400km², PH is about 380km².

I will make a thread on this very soon and tag all of you.

Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by Nowenuse: 3:35pm On Feb 21, 2020
LegendHero:

Bro, city Landmass is not measured by the entire Landmass of a LGA you think a city occupies... I used to think that way, but it is not the case.
You can use Google maps to do the measurement, if you know all the suburbs that constitute that city.

Warri is just about 200km².... I will make a thread on this very soon and tag all you guys.

Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by LegendHero(m): 3:41pm On Feb 21, 2020
Nowenuse:

Bro, city Landmass is not measured by the entire Landmass of a LGA you think a city occupies... I used to think that way, but it is not the case.
You can use Google maps to do the measurement, if you know all the suburbs that constitute that city.

Warri is just about 200km².... I will make a thread on this very soon and tag all you guys.

Alright understood bro.

Make the thread and tag me.
Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by LegendHero(m): 3:44pm On Feb 21, 2020
Nowenuse:

Oga, use your Google map to measure Ibadan and Akure and not just your mouth.

Here is the picture of the measurement of Ibadan & Akure below.

Akure is 175km² while Ibadan is about 560km².

Jos is about 320km², same with Benin city.
Kaduna is over 400km², PH is about 380km².

I will make a thread on this very soon and tag all of you.

I think this measurement did not take into consideration all of the landmass.

For example:
In Akure measurement you made, you left out Ibule-Soro.

I graduated from FUTA, Ibulesoro is a satellite of the campus where the FUTA engineering workshop something (I forgot the actual name) is situated. Infact it’s just a few minute drive from FUTA gate.
Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by Mrfeel: 4:16pm On Feb 21, 2020
Nowenuse:
@Movic1, Bro.... I am from Plateau state, lived most of my life in Delta state and to be honest, Kaduna & Kano cities are far more urbanized and developed than any cities in the entire south except for Lagos and perhaps PH.

In terms of Human capital, we all know the SE states are far ahead, due to higher education and a strong entrepreneural spirit.
Owerri & Enugu are beautiful SE cities, but they lack in size & commerce.
Kaduna is like Enugu and Onitsha put together or Aba and Owerri put together...

Northerners tend to invest everything in their state capitals and leave the interiors, unlike in the South where development is more evenly spread. Like Delta state where I grew up, where you have up to 6 cities/large towns within one state!

However, Kaduna is the only state in the north with 2 big cities within a state. Kaduna & Zaria.

Although, Kano is a very mighty city in size! It can swallow Enugu, Owerri, Aba & Onitsha altogether.

Every region has it's own unique development patterns.

My friend our development in south east fits our small population and small land mass , the population of the north doubles the little developed parts of the north 10 times , so even if the developed parts of the north are bigger than southeast think of the population differences , you people always miss the point,
Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by Nowenuse: 4:51pm On Feb 21, 2020
LegendHero:

I think this measurement did not take into consideration all of the landmass.

For example:
In Akure measurement you made, you left out Ibule-Soro.

I graduated from FUTA, Ibulesoro is a satellite of the campus where the FUTA engineering workshop something (I forgot the actual name) is situated. Infact it’s just a few minute drive from FUTA gate.

Yes, 1 or 2 suburbs may be left out, but that will not significantly alter the measurement by a large margin.

Also, if the suburb has up to a 5 minute virginland distance from the city, then it may not be calculated as part of that city.

For example, Ekiugbo a suburb of Ughelli town is just 5 minutes distance away from Agbarho, a suburb of Warri... People work and trade in Warri but stay in Ughelli... This should probably make Warri & Ughelli one city?
Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by SlayerForever: 7:32pm On Feb 21, 2020
The OP is talking about level of development idiots immediately jumped to size.

Fools.

Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by Win12345: 8:18pm On Feb 21, 2020
All these kids littering around Nairaland, Enugu City is bigger and more developed than Kano City and Kaduna City combined. Don't be deceived by overbloated population always thrown out for those cities all na wash.
Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 10:14pm On Feb 21, 2020
[s]
Nowenuse:

Southwestern cities have huge sizes, but they are very very underdeveloped and nothing to write home about.... I mean no hatred.

Most Southwest cities developed from old congested settlements, and these evolved into gigantic messes.[/s]

Besides, that size for Akure is very impossible, unless you are including rural areas... Where is the population to back it up I can agree with that of Ibadan, it is very big and has the population to back it up.

PH is big and developed no doubt. The most developed in the South after Lagos, but Kaduna can withstand it... PH just keeps on having more and more oil money while Kaduna is a shadow of it's past glory and that is the edge PH has over Kaduna.

Uyo & Calabar are the only other green, neat and sane cities in the South, but they are small and non-commercial.
Warri & Benin are the next 2 largest and populated cities in the South after Lagos & PH... I have lived most of my life in both places and I am very sad to say that both places are very embarrassing and shameful considering where they are located.

Smaller cities in the north like Yola-Jimeta, Bauchi & Gombe even look more sane than both places... Warri is becoming a shadow of itself by the day and Yahoo boys/runs girls are the only things in both cities.

Asaba is the next promising city of the South and in a short time from now it will overtake Warri & Benin.

Although, Benin and Warri wouldn't have been so bad if only they had good roads...

Too bad you underrated a city you haven’t been to

Population to back it up? when the state has over 4 million inhabitants.

Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 10:15pm On Feb 21, 2020
Sammy07:

Listen and listen good.
Use your head.

South East oil shocked
Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 10:24pm On Feb 21, 2020
Westbestside:
[s][/s]You must be dumb, Akure town is 991sqkm, since you don't travel, how will you know. Which rural are you talking about. Awka that is just 120sqkm included rural areas. So I don't understand what you are saying. OK, let me now divide Akure in south and north. Akure south Alone is 331sqkm whick is almost 3times bigger than the whole awka as well as portharcourt. Educate yourself.

I don’t think he’s serious, Ibadan is the only city bigger than Akure (without her suburb) in the whole south west

Oba ile - Oke aro or Orita Obele to Ijoka
Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by tsdarkside(m): 10:26pm On Feb 21, 2020
okeyglm:

mister what is the size of kano metropolis then compare it Enugu or onitsha. stop spilling trash in public forum.

look....you southeasterners can talk how much una like but Enugu or onitsha was devasteted by the civil war what northern states didnt experienced....do you think its that easy to catch up....??

you people are used to lies and propaganda....soo,i will not even bother comparin anything....
Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by Iamgrey5(m): 10:29pm On Feb 21, 2020
Nowenuse:

Most Southwest cities developed from old congested settlements, and these evolved into gigantic messes.

Besides, that size for Akure is very impossible, unless you are including rural areas... Where is the population to back it up? I can agree with that of Ibadan, it is very big and has the population to back it up.

@ emboldened shows you are naive Sir, no offense!

Ibadan is bigger than Warri and Benin and definitely more populated.

http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/nigeria-population/cities/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Hope Uzodinma Revalidates His APC Membership / Peter Obi’s All Igbo SAN Lawyers At The Election Tribunal / Off-Cycle Elections: Connected Development Reports Concerns In Bayelsa, Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.