Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,786 members, 7,831,544 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Finally picked up by an NGO - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Finally picked up by an NGO (1113 Views)

NGO Withdraws Help After Woman Whose Husband Assaulted Her Cries For His Release / Cake Has Been Picked Up / Nigeria NGO Juli Education Foundation Hold Advocacy Sensitisation Program With E (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finally picked up by an NGO by radiolover(m): 4:15pm On Feb 17, 2020
I wish her and her kid all the best.
Re: Finally picked up by an NGO by radiolover(m): 4:26pm On Feb 17, 2020
Removed
Re: Finally picked up by an NGO by radiolover(m): 4:29pm On Feb 17, 2020
This is why I'm really working hard and praying God bless me beyond imagination. I really want to have a foundation in this life that will cater for the need of the poor.

4 Likes

Re: Finally picked up by an NGO by Mizwisdom(f): 4:29pm On Feb 17, 2020
She looks fresh with fine wristwatch, I hope this is not a case of mental problem. Where exactly is she?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally picked up by an NGO by radiolover(m): 4:30pm On Feb 17, 2020
K
Re: Finally picked up by an NGO by radiolover(m): 4:32pm On Feb 17, 2020
Mizwisdom:
She looks fresh with fine wristwatch, I hope this is not a case of mental problem. Where exactly is she?

She is in Calabar.
Re: Finally picked up by an NGO by Nbote(m): 4:33pm On Feb 17, 2020
D problem now is dat many ppl dey abuse d goodwill of Nigerians.. Its very possible dis is all an arrangement and also very possible it isn't.... What is wrong or demeaning about eating yam sold in black nylon? Abi do dey sell fried yams and Akara in take away packs?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally picked up by an NGO by Lawdis(m): 4:36pm On Feb 17, 2020
.....they've used her Benz symbol
Re: Finally picked up by an NGO by Lawdis(m): 4:38pm On Feb 17, 2020
radiolover:

She is in Calabar. I also thought of mental problem but she was responding accurately to my questions.

....they've used her Benz symbol ni nah
Re: Finally picked up by an NGO by Brooke60(f): 4:43pm On Feb 17, 2020
Mizwisdom:
My thoughts exactly

2 Likes

Re: Finally picked up by an NGO by ChaoHendrix: 5:06pm On Feb 17, 2020
Let one of them use the other for rituals At least one will live a good life than for the duo suffering like this..

Re: Finally picked up by an NGO by radiolover(m): 5:35pm On Feb 17, 2020
Nbote:
D problem now is dat many ppl dey abuse d goodwill of Nigerians.. Its very possible dis is all an arrangement and also very possible it isn't.... What is wrong or demeaning about eating yam sold in black nylon? Abi do dey sell fried yams and Akara in take away packs?

That is the problem.
Re: Finally picked up by an NGO by cococandy(f): 6:12pm On Feb 17, 2020
She looks like she might have family somewhere. This person doesn’t look destitute

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally picked up by an NGO by uboma(m): 8:34pm On Feb 17, 2020
radiolover:

She is in Calabar. I also thought of mental problem but she was responding accurately to my questions.

Where in Calabar did you find this woman and her child?

1 Like

Re: Finally picked up by an NGO by sisisioge: 9:05pm On Feb 17, 2020
Hmmm...may God forgive me.

There are two women with 5 kids between them on the first of Ojota pedestrian bridges. Three of the kids are of school starting ages but do not attend any, rather, their mothers bring them to the bridge and make then sleep(I'm guessing sleeping pills) almost all through the day while they each beg for money. It is their job, they are there almost every day.

The reason I need God's forgiveness is because each time I see them, I wish a govt organization will arrest them as both women appear to be of sound mind and strength to work and cater for their children. Unfortunately, they keep going there and wasting away the future of the kids by keeping them from getting basic education or growing with required mental alertness.

In case the relevant authority is seeing this, please help arrest those women asap!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finally picked up by an NGO by Nobody: 9:17pm On Feb 17, 2020
May God help them
Re: Finally picked up by an NGO by radiolover(m): 5:16am On Feb 18, 2020
uboma:

Where in Calabar did you find this woman and her child?

Along Ekong Etta road just near the traffic light by Marian Road.
Re: Finally picked up by an NGO by Foodqueen(f): 6:02am On Feb 18, 2020
These are healthy people o.

Tell her to go out and hussle.

Eating yam inside black nylon is not a sign of purverty, when u buy fried or roasted yam it's usually packed with a nylon. No matter the car u are driving, when u park to buy yam, it will always come in a nylon.

I rather help people around me that are struggling and do not have enough rather than given lazy people that prefers to sit somewhere and beg with their kids.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Finally picked up by an NGO by Greatzeus(m): 11:59am On Feb 18, 2020
Mizwisdom:
My thought exactly, someone has been homeless for a while looking this neat ,fresh and well fed. Look at the wrappers they layed on the floor,look how neat and clean it it.
Look at the kid who has been homeless and whose mother is pennyless? Look how neat and fresh he looks,see how dashing white his short is
I think the picture was staged but the woman might be in need truly but not as despicable as the Op paints it.

1 Like

Re: Finally picked up by an NGO by travelland(f): 12:29pm On Feb 18, 2020
All I see is an overfed woman and a healthy looking child. She looks depressed though, it might simply be mental illness, take her to a health care center, she's not lacking food in my opinion
Re: Finally picked up by an NGO by frozen70(f): 12:35pm On Feb 18, 2020
radiolover:
I was going out this morning when I saw this woman sitting by the road side with her little child in the street of Calabar. First, I was wondering what was happening and until I noticed they were eating yam sold with black nylon. This is a terrible situation and it made tears dropped down my cheeks. No one deserves to live this kind of life. So I went to enquire about her and her situation. She said she is from Akwa Ibom state, has no husband and has no place to stay because her landlord had thrown our things out. Her things are actually kept at someone's corridor and stuff. She also said she has no source of livelihood although I didn't ask her what she used to do before but obviously she may be a victim of circumstance. She said she need a place to stay no matter the condition and if given a small money will like to into business.

Please share this and let it go viral. She may find helpers. Some people in worst cases have found helpers via social media. Let's spread this please. She really needs to be taken off the street especially for the sake of the kid.

Lalasticlala
Dominique
Mynd44
Seun etc

The question I would like to ask is, what about her own family if the family of the man doesn't care about her

How has she been living in an apartment and now outside the apartment

One room rent can't be too difficult to pay In any situation

2 Likes

Re: Finally picked up by an NGO by Nobody: 12:02am On Feb 21, 2020
ChaoHendrix:
Let one of them use the other for rituals
At least one will live a good life than for the duo suffering like this..
you well so?

(1) (Reply)

Is Virginity A Ground For Divorce? / I Am Worried About My Mom, Please Don't Ignore. / Can This Be The End?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.