Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,038 members, 7,818,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Arséne Wenger: Man City Deserve Ucl Ban, They Bought All My Players - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arséne Wenger: Man City Deserve Ucl Ban, They Bought All My Players (722 Views)

I’m Proud Of My Players — Gernot Rohr / I'm Glad My Players Are SAD - Mourinho Speaks After Loosing To Sevilla / Arsene Wenger: My Players Confidence Is Shattered Ahead Of Acmilan Tie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arséne Wenger: Man City Deserve Ucl Ban, They Bought All My Players by EbukaHades10(m): 5:56pm On Feb 17, 2020
Wenger was helpless to prevent
Emmanuel Adebayor, Bacary Sagna, Gael Clichy, Kolo Toure and Samir Nasri quit the Emirates for the lure of City .

And now the Frenchman, who has a key role in helping run the world game as Fifa’s newly-appointed head of technical development, has insisted City can have NO complaints over their Financial Fair Play punishment.

Wenger said: “I was always for control of the financial rules and making the clubs work with the natural income that they have.

“The rules are what they are and you have to respect them.
“If people don’t respect them and are caught trying to get around the rules in more or less legal ways, they have to be punished.
“And if it’s true that this has been done on purpose, you cannot let that go unpunished.”

Reminded of the drain of players from North London to East Manchester, Wenger, speaking at the Laureus World Sport Awards in Berlin, recalled: “They bought all my players!
“Sport is basically about trying to win by respecting the rules. That’s what it is about.

Wenger clearly feels vindicated by Uefa’s decision but does not back calls for City to potentially be stripped of their recent crowns if they are subsequently found to have broken Premier League rules.

He does, though, believe their wealth an resources have helped warp the English game with the Abu Dhabi riches allowing them to short-cut their growth.

Wenger added: “More or less the table is always linked with the amount of money the clubs have, with the turnover of the clubs.
“That, historically, has always been exactly the same.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10981364/man-city-arsene-wenger-arsenal-uefa-ffp/

Re: Arséne Wenger: Man City Deserve Ucl Ban, They Bought All My Players by chatinent: 6:06pm On Feb 17, 2020
Coming to think of it, do they sell these players under duress?
Re: Arséne Wenger: Man City Deserve Ucl Ban, They Bought All My Players by EbukaHades10(m): 6:07pm On Feb 17, 2020
chatinent:
Coming to think of it, do they sell these players under duress?
Some went to win titles and there's only little a coach can do to make a player stay

3 Likes

Re: Arséne Wenger: Man City Deserve Ucl Ban, They Bought All My Players by healthserve(m): 6:09pm On Feb 17, 2020
If this isn't bitterness, I don't know what it is

This is maximum bitterness. People can be so spiteful and bitter that they don't move on.

Even if years run past, the bitterness continues to consume them.

I'm sure butter people trying to run people down feels like a Laurel to them. Arsene Wenger, the bitter soul. And to all the haters and bitter spiteful tins, try to be better. Hating on people doesn't create your own success. Be better

But then too Man City was founded in 2008, still can't fill a 50,000 capacity stadium but can spend 2 billion pounds in it's quest " to buy the league/credibility "

Good for them ( Man City )

This is a drug test proven Negative and Man-Chetty should pay the price

Here are my recommendations:

EPL join UEFA and demote Man-Chetty along with that dude " Fraudiola " to league two

Also strip them off the FA and EPL league title of 2014-2016 seasons

These disciplinary measures will deter future riggers from trying to defraud the sporting community

Let's push this to front page

Dominique

Mynd44

Lalasticlala

Semid4lyfe

Honeric01
Re: Arséne Wenger: Man City Deserve Ucl Ban, They Bought All My Players by gibzzhd: 6:23pm On Feb 17, 2020
Yes they bought all our players.The club and players had no choice when ridiculous Sums are placed before them.But for people sake pardon them.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Megan Newton Murder: Man Jailed For Killing And Raping Stoke Football Coach(evil / Chelsea Vs Tottenham 2-1 Highlights (download Video) / Ighalo Has Scored More Goals From Open Play Than Arsenals Record Signing Pepe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.