Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,178 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

Soyinka, Abdulsalami Abubakar To Monitor Supreme Court Imo Review - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka, Abdulsalami Abubakar To Monitor Supreme Court Imo Review (35706 Views)

Atiku Abubakar To Name Wike As Running Mate - Tribune / Wike Receives Osinbajo, Abdulsalami Abubakar In Rivers (Photos) / Buhari, Jonathan, Shonekan, Obasanjo, Abdulsalami Abubakar Meet In Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

Re: Soyinka, Abdulsalami Abubakar To Monitor Supreme Court Imo Review by Reptyle(m): 10:24am On Feb 18, 2020
janefblog:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2020/02/17/uzodimma-vs-ihedioha-wole-soyinka-gen-abdulsalami-abubakar-others-to-monitor-supreme-court-imo-judgement-review/amp/

These ones are agitating for a "reversal" of the supreme court's ruling.

The "review" as undertaken by the Supreme Court, might not necessarily lead to a "reversal" of the judgement.

This "review" in itself sets a very dangerous precedent of having a trial after the trial. If the court then decides to reverse its own judgement, it will be dangerous.

It means that the judiciary has basically hijacked the electoral process and all that politicians need to do after losing an election is to sponsor an agitation, apply for a judicial review and get into office through the backdoor.

The elections have held, the courts have reviewed the results and made their ruling. No matter how imperfect the ruling may be, I think we all should accept the results and move on.

We keep complaining that our judicial system is not good yet we keep supporting politicians to further ridicule the system.
Re: Soyinka, Abdulsalami Abubakar To Monitor Supreme Court Imo Review by osusuallstars: 10:30am On Feb 18, 2020
I have never seen this type of judgement before .from 4th to 1st
Did not win 25% in 2/3 of local govt
Total vote cast pass accredited
Uche nwosu disqualified for being two party candidate hence Hope is not an APC candidate

Re: Soyinka, Abdulsalami Abubakar To Monitor Supreme Court Imo Review by Staro: 10:40am On Feb 18, 2020
goshen26:
This our judiciary self

Is it that they are lazy read to everything needed to read b4 passing judgement?

Why are always in haste to declare, without studying every shoddy points hidden in a case

The mistake they (judiciary) make is just too expensive.

Imagine delivering a judgement when then number of valid votes supercede accredited votes...

God bless Nigeria sha

The worst Supreme Court judgement ever
Re: Soyinka, Abdulsalami Abubakar To Monitor Supreme Court Imo Review by CanadaOrBust: 10:51am On Feb 18, 2020
Psoul:
They will refuse to review it not that they don't know that the decision was a total mess, but because they want to discourage people easily seeking for a Supreme Court case review. That will make the Supreme Court to lose her Supremacy.

Which is more important: people asking for review (which SC can simply reject) or the integrity of the SC and judiciary? How can people still have confidence in a SC that aids fraud and rigging that even a child can clearly see is fraud and rigging??
Re: Soyinka, Abdulsalami Abubakar To Monitor Supreme Court Imo Review by Slimranky(m): 11:03am On Feb 18, 2020
wristwatchiced:
Very good

Wtf this watch is so fake mehn real gees don't deal with fake stuffs like the watch you selling
My pop's used to call this

"Penny white,palm foolish"
I rather not wear anything on my wrist than wear this fake watch
Anybody wey buy this watch go be like that guy for uyo wey use ,17k buy iPhone 11
When he turn's it on
The phone dey tell am

Welcome and bye bye
Re: Soyinka, Abdulsalami Abubakar To Monitor Supreme Court Imo Review by GODWIN78(m): 11:18am On Feb 18, 2020
The hausa fulani,are using and recruiting,bokoharam into nigeria army sending them to the south east to keep nigeria one at all cost-.using to kill and maim,their by diverting the attention of the masses to pastt election,
Re: Soyinka, Abdulsalami Abubakar To Monitor Supreme Court Imo Review by Psoul(m): 11:19am On Feb 18, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Which is more important: people asking for review (which SC can simply reject) or the integrity of the SC and judiciary? How can people still have confidence in a SC that aids fraud and rigging that even a child can clearly see is fraud and rigging??

My dear, don't talk as if u are new in this country. There is nothing like integrity in this country.
This case is not the first time justice is bn raped in broad day light by the judiciary in this country.

Reviewing this case will have a multiplier effect that may totally destroy the little that remains with the judiciary.
Yes, I know that the judgment was a total mess, but the review will cause more problems in this country.
Re: Soyinka, Abdulsalami Abubakar To Monitor Supreme Court Imo Review by 12inchDickson: 11:36am On Feb 18, 2020
Neoteny:
Wole Soyinka, busy body and expired product

He's not done anything significant since the '70s.

what has your bastard father done since he was born
Re: Soyinka, Abdulsalami Abubakar To Monitor Supreme Court Imo Review by golddare: 11:52am On Feb 18, 2020
janefblog:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2020/02/17/uzodimma-vs-ihedioha-wole-soyinka-gen-abdulsalami-abubakar-others-to-monitor-supreme-court-imo-judgement-review/amp/

I wish Soyinka and other great men like him should dissociate themselves from PDP and APC. They should unite and stand behind all the youths with character and leadership qualities. Let them engage Nigerians in a discussion and pacts, discuss development, education, economy and welfare system. They shouldn't wait till election period.
Re: Soyinka, Abdulsalami Abubakar To Monitor Supreme Court Imo Review by DrHighchief(m): 11:57am On Feb 18, 2020
Bigii:
If Bayelsa APC wasn't disqualified there wouldn't have been any hearing on the IMO rape anytime soon. Laslas it's going to be 1-1 or 2-0 in favour of PDP grin
Over 1.5

Re: Soyinka, Abdulsalami Abubakar To Monitor Supreme Court Imo Review by Bigii(m): 12:09pm On Feb 18, 2020
DrHighchief:

Over 1.5

1X & Over 1.5
Re: Soyinka, Abdulsalami Abubakar To Monitor Supreme Court Imo Review by SammyChi1988: 12:16pm On Feb 18, 2020
Am happy as international community will monitor this case... Ihedioha is the people's choice... March 2nd.. We are waiting.. Say no to rubbery in Nigeria judiciary system.
Re: Soyinka, Abdulsalami Abubakar To Monitor Supreme Court Imo Review by Neoteny(m): 12:49pm On Feb 18, 2020
12inchDickson:
what has your bastard father done since he was born

He gave birth to me so i can grow up and call you a stupid disgusting piece of shiit son of a diseased ho and a fat jobless good-for-nothing buffoon.
Re: Soyinka, Abdulsalami Abubakar To Monitor Supreme Court Imo Review by lexyclasy: 1:33pm On Feb 18, 2020
yarimo:
They should focus on bayelsa state judgement and live imo state alone. Wallahi it shall never be well with justice ODILI undecided undecided
Is it Justice Mary Odili that make your candidate to present contradictory and fake certificate to INEC, shame on you meanwhile check this.....like supporter like victim

Re: Soyinka, Abdulsalami Abubakar To Monitor Supreme Court Imo Review by mechanics(m): 1:47pm On Feb 18, 2020
It has been postponed.
Re: Soyinka, Abdulsalami Abubakar To Monitor Supreme Court Imo Review by Legendguru: 3:12pm On Feb 18, 2020
Re: Soyinka, Abdulsalami Abubakar To Monitor Supreme Court Imo Review by yarimo(m): 3:16pm On Feb 18, 2020
DCmonster:
It's leave and not live friend! Justice odili is a made woman. The question is are you a made man?
you want to know if I am a made man so that your next job is for you to be planning how to kidnapped me abi?
Re: Soyinka, Abdulsalami Abubakar To Monitor Supreme Court Imo Review by kolade560: 3:29pm On Feb 18, 2020
goshen26:
This our judiciary self

Is it that they are lazy to read everything needed to be read b4 passing judgement?

Why are always in haste to declare, without studying every shoddy points hidden in a case

The mistake they (judiciary) make is just too expensive.

Imagine delivering a judgement when then number of valid votes supercede accredited votes...

God bless Nigeria sha
D bayelsa own is well read and judged well too.
Re: Soyinka, Abdulsalami Abubakar To Monitor Supreme Court Imo Review by olajizz01(m): 3:58pm On Feb 18, 2020
ursullalinda:
From the look of things Imo is going to PDP
If that is the case,Bayelsa will be returned to the rightful owner as well.
Re: Soyinka, Abdulsalami Abubakar To Monitor Supreme Court Imo Review by Legendguru: 4:20pm On Feb 18, 2020
Oh
Re: Soyinka, Abdulsalami Abubakar To Monitor Supreme Court Imo Review by 12inchDickson: 4:56pm On Feb 18, 2020
Neoteny:

He gave birth to me so i can grow up and call you a stupid disgusting piece of shiit son of a diseased ho and a fat jobless good-for-nothing buffoon.
gave birth to a nit wit... What an achievement
Re: Soyinka, Abdulsalami Abubakar To Monitor Supreme Court Imo Review by Neoteny(m): 5:16pm On Feb 18, 2020
12inchDickson:
gave birth to a nit wit... What an achievement

Maybe,

But you're still a scumbag idiot without any purpose in life

Your pig of a mother and swine of a father left a dirty piglet as their legacy
Re: Soyinka, Abdulsalami Abubakar To Monitor Supreme Court Imo Review by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:06pm On Feb 18, 2020
NJPot:

Even with the so called total valid votes which the Apex Court based its ruling which however exceeded the total accredited voters by INEC, Senator Hope Uzodinma did not also fulfill the constitutional requirements for a validly elected governor of the state, having failed to score at least one-quarter of the votes cast in each of the at least two-thirds of all the local government areas in the state.

Secondly, the same Supreme court said Uche Nwosu was the real APC candidate and his petition was withdrawn on the basis that he has both AA and APC as the governorship candidates. This means that Hope Uzodimma is the governorship candidate of no party. How can he be governor without party.
Therefore, Uche Nwosu and Hope Uzodimma never contested election in the face of the law. The case is now between Ihedioha and Ararume. The statutory 2/3rd requirements would be met by Ihedioha since UcheNwosu and Hope Uzodimma is out of the way.

Even if the Imo election is cancelled, the rerun would be between Ihedioha and Ararume. Even Ararume's method of emergence as the APGA candidate is also wrong in the face of the Nigerian constitution. So, if the supreme court wants to redeem their image, all they need to do is to declare Ihedioha winner and sentence Hope to life imprisonment for forgery and deceiving the elites.
I Don hear why didn't u go defend ihedioha initially...
Re: Soyinka, Abdulsalami Abubakar To Monitor Supreme Court Imo Review by NJPot(m): 6:22pm On Feb 18, 2020
OGHENAOGIE:
I Don hear why didn't u go defend ihedioha initially...

Supreme Court ignored all these. They refused to consider them. Every Nigerian has turned to a mini lawyer since Supreme Court has refused to do their work. Tanko and the Supreme court judges have messed up the Judiciary. The coming review is an opportunity for them to redeem their image.
Re: Soyinka, Abdulsalami Abubakar To Monitor Supreme Court Imo Review by 12inchDickson: 8:52pm On Feb 18, 2020
Neoteny:

Maybe,

But you're still a scumbag idiot without any purpose in life

Your pig of a mother and swine of a father left a dirty piglet as their legacy
impressive you are good at something
Re: Soyinka, Abdulsalami Abubakar To Monitor Supreme Court Imo Review by Neoteny(m): 9:07pm On Feb 18, 2020
12inchDickson:
impressive you are good at something

Yup

See my sig

I bust punks like you
Re: Soyinka, Abdulsalami Abubakar To Monitor Supreme Court Imo Review by loswhite(m): 11:00pm On Feb 18, 2020
yarimo:
They should focus on bayelsa state judgement and leave imo state alone. Wallahi it shall never be well with justice ODILI undecided undecided
Fool it shall never be well with you

Re: Soyinka, Abdulsalami Abubakar To Monitor Supreme Court Imo Review by Myself2(m): 3:12am On Feb 19, 2020
Bigii:
If Bayelsa APC wasn't disqualified there wouldn't have been any hearing on the IMO rape anytime soon. Laslas it's going to be 1-1 or 2-0 in favour of PDP grin

GBAM

Re: Soyinka, Abdulsalami Abubakar To Monitor Supreme Court Imo Review by Myself2(m): 3:15am On Feb 19, 2020
Reptyle:

These ones are agitating for a "reversal" of the supreme court's ruling.

The "review" as undertaken by the Supreme Court, might not necessarily lead to a "reversal" of the judgement.

This "review" in itself sets a very dangerous precedent of having a trial after the trial. If the court then decides to reverse its own judgement, it will be dangerous.

It means that the judiciary has basically hijacked the electoral process and all that politicians need to do after losing an election is to sponsor an agitation, apply for a judicial review and get into office through the backdoor.

The elections have held, the courts have reviewed the results and made their ruling. No matter how imperfect the ruling may be, I think we all should accept the results and move on.

We keep complaining that our judicial system is not good yet we keep supporting politicians to further ridicule the system.

To err is human, but to admit to an error is divine ........

Nothing wrong if the supreme court justices admit they mada a mistake and reverse themselves
Re: Soyinka, Abdulsalami Abubakar To Monitor Supreme Court Imo Review by RillJ(m): 8:20am On Feb 19, 2020
yarimo:
They should focus on bayelsa state judgement and leave imo state alone. Wallahi it shall never be well with justice ODILI undecided undecided

You are obviously comfortable with Forgery and other related crimes!

Some Hilarious Photos Of Nigerian Politicians During Election Season / Peter Obi On Biafra: "IPOB Agitation Won't End By Army Crackdown, Quote Me" / Reno Omokri: Tinubu Is Mistaking PVCs For His Teeth That Have Expired