Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,057 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

CNN Blasts Trump For Banning Nigerians, Lists Their Achievements In The USA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN Blasts Trump For Banning Nigerians, Lists Their Achievements In The USA (9357 Views)

Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival / Britain, Sweden And Canada Criticise Nigeria For "Banning Freedom Of Speech" / ‘Killing Of Christians’: MURIC Slams CAN & Trump For Questioning Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

CNN Blasts Trump For Banning Nigerians, Lists Their Achievements In The USA by Sundahjoe(m): 10:08pm On Feb 17, 2020
A CNN analyst and popular talk show host, Fareed Zakaria, has criticized the Trump administration after giving analysis of the ban on Immigration from Nigeria and why it “does not make sense.”
Nigeria and 5 other countries were slammed with visa restrictions from the US government in February for a range of reasons stemming from overstays and poor intelligence sharing.
The American journalist, however, said the “argument does not really make sense”, citing a data from CATO institute.
According to the data, “No one born in Nigeria, Myanmar, Tanzania, and Eritrea have been responsible for a single terror-related death on American soil between 1975 and 2017.”He went on to list some of the achievements of Nigerian immigrants in the US saying;
“They are some of the most educated immigrants in America. “According to the Migration Policy Institute, 59% of Nigerian immigrants age 25 or older in the US hold at least a Bachelors degree, which is nearly doubled the proportion of the Americans born in the US (33%),” Zakaria said.
“Nigerian immigrants tend to work high skilled jobs, 54% are in largely white-collar positions in business, management, science and the art compared to the 39% of people born in the US,” he added. This, according to Zakaria’s analysis, means that Nigerian immigrants have significant spending power.
The American journalist also cited a new report by the New American Economy which states that Nigerian immigrants in the US in 2018 made more than $14 billion and paid more than $4 billion in taxes.
The report also states that Nigerian diaspora around the world sent back almost $24 billion in remittances, contributing to the Nigerian economy that is “more dynamic than many people, including Trump himself realise”.
https:///hwqBe8PA4l

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CNN Blasts Trump For Banning Nigerians, Lists Their Achievements In The USA by Wambiz(m): 10:16pm On Feb 17, 2020
Good!!! A round of applause for you

7 Likes

Re: CNN Blasts Trump For Banning Nigerians, Lists Their Achievements In The USA by chatinent: 10:16pm On Feb 17, 2020
What achievements that cannot be done home?

9 Likes

Re: CNN Blasts Trump For Banning Nigerians, Lists Their Achievements In The USA by princemillla(m): 10:18pm On Feb 17, 2020
This is commendable !!

5 Likes

Re: CNN Blasts Trump For Banning Nigerians, Lists Their Achievements In The USA by Tocheagle(m): 10:31pm On Feb 17, 2020
I still support Donald Trump and the Republican party . All of this is nothing but election strategy. Remember lots of Nigerians host fund raising events for democratic party. But Nigerians should note that : Obama's Democrats is the reason why boko haram expanded in Nigeria. Democrats are toxic to Africans but most blacks have been brainwashed into loving the dems. Don't let CNN sing sweet songs to you. They work for the evil democrats

54 Likes 10 Shares

Re: CNN Blasts Trump For Banning Nigerians, Lists Their Achievements In The USA by SarkinYarki: 10:36pm On Feb 17, 2020
CNN is just being plain mischievous and playing the liberal anti Trump script , the Trump administration has tabled the reason why Nigeria was banned and the buck stops 100 percent with Buhari , both Nigeria and Chad were pre warned about the ban a whole year ago the Chadians worked toward the American recommendations and got their name removed from the ban buy useless Buharis didn't move an inch for a whole year till we were banned ..CNN is very stupid for trying to blame Trump

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: CNN Blasts Trump For Banning Nigerians, Lists Their Achievements In The USA by SarkinYarki: 10:37pm On Feb 17, 2020
princemillla:
This is commendable !!
There is nothing commendable there , CNN is just being anti Trump without stating the clear facts

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CNN Blasts Trump For Banning Nigerians, Lists Their Achievements In The USA by sapientia(m): 10:39pm On Feb 17, 2020
CNN, you guys can come and have a base in Yobe.

See love for Nigeria.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Blasts Trump For Banning Nigerians, Lists Their Achievements In The USA by 360degreess(m): 10:50pm On Feb 17, 2020
SarkinYarki:
CNN is just being plain mischievous and playing the liberal anti Trump script , the Trump administration has tabled the reason why Nigeria was banned and the buck stops 100 percent with Buhari , both Nigeria and Chad were pre warned about the ban a whole year ago the Chadians worked toward the American recommendations and got their name removed from the ban buy useless Buharis didn't move an inch for a whole year till we were banned ..CNN is very stupid for trying to blame Trump
...God...So you're even not happy that someone is supporting and saying the truth about your own country?.. Remember no matter how you like trump, he can never like you the way he likes his fellow White Americans.. Chaiii..which kind of generation of youth do we have in this country?

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: CNN Blasts Trump For Banning Nigerians, Lists Their Achievements In The USA by Blackblunt: 10:52pm On Feb 17, 2020
See CNN,since when do you like Africa? Politics.

I like the ban!

12 Likes

Re: CNN Blasts Trump For Banning Nigerians, Lists Their Achievements In The USA by Nobody: 10:56pm On Feb 17, 2020
CNN that have looked the other way since they finished promoting chibok saga?

Now, their love for Nigeria is oozing.

Mtcheew

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CNN Blasts Trump For Banning Nigerians, Lists Their Achievements In The USA by deji68: 10:59pm On Feb 17, 2020
But why didnt they blast Obama when he was withholding lethal aid to us under GEJ ?... ...

18 Likes

Re: CNN Blasts Trump For Banning Nigerians, Lists Their Achievements In The USA by TheApologist: 11:09pm On Feb 17, 2020
CNN are hypocrites. We were told beforehand about the ban and if the needed measures had been taken there wouldn't have been any restriction in the first place but since we failed to do the needful Trump took the right action

11 Likes

Re: CNN Blasts Trump For Banning Nigerians, Lists Their Achievements In The USA by Nobody: 11:17pm On Feb 17, 2020
Sundahjoe:
A CNN analyst and popular talk show host, Fareed Zakaria, has criticized the Trump administration after giving analysis of the ban on Immigration from Nigeria and why it “does not make sense.”
Nigeria and 5 other countries were slammed with visa restrictions from the US government in February for a range of reasons stemming from overstays and poor intelligence sharing.
The American journalist, however, said the “argument does not really make sense”, citing a data from CATO institute.
According to the data, “No one born in Nigeria, Myanmar, Tanzania, and Eritrea have been responsible for a single terror-related death on American soil between 1975 and 2017.”He went on to list some of the achievements of Nigerian immigrants in the US saying;
“They are some of the most educated immigrants in America. “According to the Migration Policy Institute, 59% of Nigerian immigrants age 25 or older in the US hold at least a Bachelors degree, which is nearly doubled the proportion of the Americans born in the US (33%),” Zakaria said.
“Nigerian immigrants tend to work high skilled jobs, 54% are in largely white-collar positions in business, management, science and the art compared to the 39% of people born in the US,” he added. This, according to Zakaria’s analysis, means that Nigerian immigrants have significant spending power.
The American journalist also cited a new report by the New American Economy which states that Nigerian immigrants in the US in 2018 made more than $14 billion and paid more than $4 billion in taxes.
The report also states that Nigerian diaspora around the world sent back almost $24 billion in remittances, contributing to the Nigerian economy that is “more dynamic than many people, including Trump himself realise”.
https:///hwqBe8PA4l
By washing plate
Re: CNN Blasts Trump For Banning Nigerians, Lists Their Achievements In The USA by voltron14: 11:18pm On Feb 17, 2020
SarkinYarki:

There is nothing commendable there , CNN is just being anti Trump without stating the clear facts
This one thinks they would give him US visa because of his Nairaland post.

grin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CNN Blasts Trump For Banning Nigerians, Lists Their Achievements In The USA by NYSCrunz(m): 11:38pm On Feb 17, 2020
Thanks CNN but thank you Trump for banning Nigeria from your country. Hopefully our leaders will realize that Nigeria is our own Jerusalem.

1 Like

Re: CNN Blasts Trump For Banning Nigerians, Lists Their Achievements In The USA by JustLeo: 11:38pm On Feb 17, 2020
[s]
voltron14:

This one thinks they would give him US visa because of his Nairaland post.

grin
[/s]God bless POTUS

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Blasts Trump For Banning Nigerians, Lists Their Achievements In The USA by Rossippi: 11:45pm On Feb 17, 2020
360degreess:
...God...So you're even not happy that someone his supporting and saying the truth about your own country?.. Remember no matter how you like trump, he can never like you the way he likes his fellow White Americans.. Chaiii..which kind of generation of youth do we have in this country?

They are the most useless, ignorant, and stupid generation we've ever had. Bunch of know-nothing block heads that hate themselves like nothing I've ever seen.

Go to America that has 40 million blacks. Trump's support in the black population is less than 4%.

Yet these Nigerian brainless youths have never sought to learn WHY their cousins in America are against Trump. A man that is a PURE RACIST, who refused to rent his flats to black people, and refused to let black accountants work for him, saying ''I don't want no n.......s counting my money'', and who is reported as using the N word frequently in private.

Even now, the racist has banned them from settling in the US, yet, they continue to sing his praises. If those are not slaves what are they? All that's left is to padlock their lips and handcuff them to complete the picture. Ignorant wastrels and a disgrace to blacks and Africans worldwide.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CNN Blasts Trump For Banning Nigerians, Lists Their Achievements In The USA by Sylraph1: 11:46pm On Feb 17, 2020
Wow....
But I think terrorism and insecurity Is the main Nigerians were banned...
Re: CNN Blasts Trump For Banning Nigerians, Lists Their Achievements In The USA by kapelvej: 11:54pm On Feb 17, 2020
Tocheagle:
I still support Donald Trump and the Republican party . All of this is nothing but election strategy. Remember lots of Nigerians host fund raising events for democratic party. But Nigerians should note that : Obama's Democrats is the reason why boko haram expanded in Nigeria. Democrats are toxic to Africans but most blacks have been brainwashed into loving the dems. Don't let CNN sing sweet songs to you. They work for the evil democrats
I wish only 30% of Nigerians can see things this way. We as Nigerians are just silly people. They left Obama and keeps blaming trump

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Blasts Trump For Banning Nigerians, Lists Their Achievements In The USA by Rossippi: 12:01am On Feb 18, 2020
Fareed Exposes Evil Racist Trump, and His Wicked Ban of Nigerians

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2A1sJMYKWM

3 Likes

Re: CNN Blasts Trump For Banning Nigerians, Lists Their Achievements In The USA by Rossippi: 12:08am On Feb 18, 2020
Sylraph1:
Wow....

But I think terrorism and insecurity Is the main Nigerians were banned...

Why weren't Indians, Pakistanis, Indonesians, or Saudis banned? You think there is no terrorism and insecurity relating to those places?

Osama Bin Laden is Saudi. He and his friends reportedly killed 3000 Americans on 9/11, and destroyed their World Trade Center twin towers in New York. Yet Saudis freely enter America till tomorrow.

USE YOUR BRAIN BRO.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CNN Blasts Trump For Banning Nigerians, Lists Their Achievements In The USA by Rossippi: 12:15am On Feb 18, 2020
Blackblunt:
See CNN,since when do you like Africa? Politics.

I like the ban!

You like the ban because you have foam where your brain ought to be.

I'm very sure if Trump rapes your mother you will ''like the rape.''

Self-hating wastrel.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CNN Blasts Trump For Banning Nigerians, Lists Their Achievements In The USA by unity004(m): 12:20am On Feb 18, 2020
grin grin just imagine if the journalist sum up with the money made from internet fraud and drug dealing
Re: CNN Blasts Trump For Banning Nigerians, Lists Their Achievements In The USA by Mistaicey2288: 12:34am On Feb 18, 2020
Yea he's actually correct. Seeing Some unpatriotic mumu people above me. They're ready to suck on Trump's wrinkled balls and worship him like he's a god.

Listen up, i have been to the US before and i can tell you Nigerians are far educated than the US citizens.. Nigerians are very hard working and focused people over there. Sometimes last year, some Americans went on twitter to talk about their very positive encounters with Nigerians in the country. They talked about how hardworking, accommodating, educated and focused we are. Yes, we have some bad aggs living in that country too who involves in shady deals and all but that's normal with every country including Americans themselves and believe me, Nigerians don't come close to the top rankings when it comes to Cyber crime activities. I can confidently say that Nigeria do not fall in top 10 countries in cyber crime ratings... Also,Nigerians do not get involved in any form of terrorism over there in the US and that's in the records too. The percentage of good Nigerians are way more than the bad ones.. Trump is just being biased about this plus the fact that we presently have an administration in which rate of insecurity and terrorism in Nigeria is on the rise and the President has proven to be so incompetent as well... That's all i can say is the reason for the ban... One thing i know for sure is, if it were during GEJ time, this wouldn't have ever happened because we'll still have some level of respect in the global community. Take it or leave it.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Blasts Trump For Banning Nigerians, Lists Their Achievements In The USA by TheSourcerer: 12:49am On Feb 18, 2020
Tocheagle:
tell me more about the Democrats in Nigeria
Re: CNN Blasts Trump For Banning Nigerians, Lists Their Achievements In The USA by StaffofOrayan(m): 1:46am On Feb 18, 2020
The thing that is chasing Nigerians from Nigeria is what caused the ban,

Mistaicey2288:
Yea he's actually correct. Seeing Some unpatriotic mumu people above me. They're ready to suck on Trump's wrinkled balls and worship him like he's a god.

Listen up, i have been to the US before and i can tell you Nigerians are far educated than the US citizens.. Nigerians are very hard working and focused people over there. Sometimes last year, some Americans go on twitter to talk about their very positive encounters with Nigerians in the country. They talked about how hardworking, accommodating, educated and focused we are. Yes, we have some bad aggs living in that country too who involves in shady deals and all but that's normal with every country including Americans themselves and believe me, Nigerians don't come close to the top rankings when it comes to Cyber crime activities. I can confidently say that Nigeria do not fall in top 10 countries in cyber crime ratings... Also,Nigerians do not get involved in any form of terrorism over there in the US and that's in the records too. The percentage of good Nigerians are way more than the bad ones.. Trump is just being biased about this plus the fact that we presently have an administration in which rate of insecurity and terrorism in Nigeria is on the rise and the President has proven to be so incompetent as well... That's all i can say is the reason for the ban... One thing i know for sure is, if it were during GEJ time, this wouldn't have ever happened because we'll still have some level of respect in the global community. Take it or leave it.

2 Likes

Re: CNN Blasts Trump For Banning Nigerians, Lists Their Achievements In The USA by LegendHero(m): 1:53am On Feb 18, 2020
Tocheagle:

You are a disgrace to the black man.

We have too many fools in Nigeria and I am ashamed of sharing this country with people like you.

Someone just commended Nigerians in USA which encompasses both Yorubas, Igbos, Hausas, Fulanis, Edos, Ijaws, and etc. and yet you still find a way to blame the democrat and Obama without addressing the main issue.

What should we call this foolish attachment to Trump even at the detriment of your own race. Could this be a curse?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CNN Blasts Trump For Banning Nigerians, Lists Their Achievements In The USA by idahme(m): 1:56am On Feb 18, 2020
360degreess:
...God...So you're even not happy that someone his supporting and saying the truth about your own country?.. Remember no matter how you like trump, he can never like you the way he likes his fellow White Americans.. Chaiii..which kind of generation of youth do we have in this country?

They did not paint the right issue that led to the ban, they are just obssesed with the trump admininistration. Truth be told Nigerian government was warned 1yr before now and nothing was done about the issues raised about identity management in the country. CNN just want to cash out using any news to their advantage.

3 Likes

Re: CNN Blasts Trump For Banning Nigerians, Lists Their Achievements In The USA by LegendHero(m): 2:00am On Feb 18, 2020
Mistaicey2288:

Listen up, i have been to the US before and i can tell you Nigerians are far educated than the US citizens.. Nigerians are very hard working and focused people over there. Sometimes last year, some Americans go on twitter to talk about their very positive encounters with Nigerians in the country. They talked about how hardworking, accommodating, educated and focused we are. Yes, we have some bad aggs living in that country too who involves in shady deals and all but that's normal with every country including Americans themselves and believe me, Nigerians don't come close to the top rankings when it comes to Cyber crime activities. I can confidently say that Nigeria do not fall in top 10 countries in cyber crime ratings... Also,Nigerians do not get involved in any form of terrorism over there in the US and that's in the records too. The percentage of good Nigerians are way more than the bad ones.. Trump is just being biased about this plus the fact that we presently have an administration in which rate of insecurity and terrorism in Nigeria is on the rise and the President has proven to be so incompetent as well... That's all i can say is the reason for the ban... One thing i know for sure is, if it were during GEJ time, this wouldn't have ever happened because we'll still have some level of respect in the global community. Take it or leave it.

Bro sometimes I cry for my fellow countrymen. Some Nigerians are fools that have no self love and they have been psychologically battered such that they have no inherent dignity.

Nigerians in USA are so successful in all endeavors and we are well represented in universities across USA either undergrad or graduate degrees and within Fortune 500 companies.

CNN just brought out a self-evident truth that’s already available in the public domain and it’s ridiculous that our fellow countrymen will hate people of their creed just because of a mentally blind love for Trump.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CNN Blasts Trump For Banning Nigerians, Lists Their Achievements In The USA by Rossippi: 2:02am On Feb 18, 2020
LegendHero:

You are a disgrace to the black man.

We have too many fools in Nigeria and I am ashamed of sharing this country with people like you.

Someone just commended Nigerians in USA which encompasses both Yorubas, Igbos, Hausas, Fulanis, Edos, Ijaws, and etc. and yet you still find a way to blame the democrat and Obama without addressing the main issue.

What should we call this foolish attachment to Trump even at the detriment of your own race. Could this be a curse?

It's not a curse, bro. . It's low IQ and inferiority complex. Intelligent, self-confident people would research a person before liking or disliking him. Nigerians don't research. All they see is a tough talking white man on telly and that's enough for them.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CNN Blasts Trump For Banning Nigerians, Lists Their Achievements In The USA by LegendHero(m): 2:04am On Feb 18, 2020
Rossippi:

It's not a curse, bro. . It's low IQ and inferiority complex. Intelligent, self-confident people would research a person before liking or disliking him. Nigerians don't research. All they see is a tough talking white man on telly and that's enough for them.

I tire for all these guys.

I think the bolded is their true representation.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari Presides Over FEC Meeting / Bello: World Bank's Transparency Awards vs EFCC, Reality of Nigeria's Politics / How Can We Stop Recycling Leaders?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.