Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Android Tv Boxes: Are They Worth Buying? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android Tv Boxes: Are They Worth Buying? (6671 Views)

Samsung Galaxy Note 9 In 2020 - Is It Worth Buying? (review) / Tecno Spark 4 In 2020 - Is It Worth Buying? (review) / Which One Is Worth Buying Between Iphonexs Max And Samsung S10+ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android Tv Boxes: Are They Worth Buying? by Themaths(m): 5:50pm On Feb 24, 2020
passendi:
I have DStv now account for sale. WhatsApp 08037586990
I already have bros. Thanks
Re: Android Tv Boxes: Are They Worth Buying? by henrygold100: 7:26pm On Feb 24, 2020
chukxie:

You're right. Here I use a yearly unlimited internet plan, so I pretty much do not bother about data consumption and all that. I'll check the data now to see how much has changed since the last time I posted 232 GB.

P.S: 240 GB as at this morning, an increase of 8GB.
bro abeg this thing how e de work Does it skip when the network is not stable
Re: Android Tv Boxes: Are They Worth Buying? by chukxie(m): 7:59pm On Feb 24, 2020
henrygold100:

For here wey I dey streaming dey hardly freeze. I fit say 93% of the time no shaking at all. All my news channels, movies, discovery, sports except Bein sports wey dey freeze sometimes.
Re: Android Tv Boxes: Are They Worth Buying? by Themaths(m): 8:47pm On Feb 24, 2020
9ja when Chai! angry

1 Like

Re: Android Tv Boxes: Are They Worth Buying? by SagirmohH: 9:03pm On Feb 24, 2020
grin
Themaths:
9ja when Chai! angry

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Android Tv Boxes: Are They Worth Buying? by seankafor(m): 9:33pm On Feb 24, 2020
Themaths:
9ja when Chai! angry
it's so unfortunate no network carrier has unlimited data plans here.
It's so unfortunate I must tell you embarassed

Me wey no dey play with data.
Re: Android Tv Boxes: Are They Worth Buying? by NAVYdogg: 9:46pm On Feb 24, 2020
seankafor:

Try Tizeti visit www.wifi.com.ng
Re: Android Tv Boxes: Are They Worth Buying? by CavendishPlex: 2:37pm On Feb 25, 2020
seankafor:

This is a rather wrong assertion. I have used mine for about 4 years and have never had that popular fair usage policy affect me as it's truly unlimited. I only experience downtimes if there's a general fault. I don't use any cable TV, but do all my TV viewing over the Internet from live TV to movies and series.

See the attachments to see how much data I used in Gigabytes. There are neighbours of mine who are heavy users that gross over 1TB steady and no shaking. Ask around for FibreOne and you will understand what I'm saying.

Re: Android Tv Boxes: Are They Worth Buying? by Bossman(m): 6:52pm On Feb 25, 2020
Unstable network is the exception here. Up time with my Xfinity is 99% at worst. Remote work is common for a lot of us here, and so many other things are dependent on the internet. And these will not be possible if the network is not guaranteed to be up.

henrygold100:
Re: Android Tv Boxes: Are They Worth Buying? by yeman1(m): 5:24pm On Mar 09, 2020
chukxie:

Hahaha! Not let fear hold you. 232gb is ludicrous na! It must be a mistake. In 9ja with 4-6gb you are good to go!

Like how many hours I can watch ordinary resolution with 6gig?
Re: Android Tv Boxes: Are They Worth Buying? by Ay04z(m): 7:41pm On Mar 09, 2020
NAVYdogg:

Try Tizeti visit www.wifi.com.ng
wat do dey offer?
Re: Android Tv Boxes: Are They Worth Buying? by Arijude(m): 8:00pm On Mar 09, 2020
SagirmohH:

It doesn't mean it cant be used to watch movies and carryout other functions. Poor network only takes away your ability to stream/download online content
please, I don't know jack about android boxes. How can it be used to watch movies?
Re: Android Tv Boxes: Are They Worth Buying? by SagirmohH: 7:48am On Mar 10, 2020
Arijude:
please, I don't know jack about android boxes. How can it be used to watch movies?

Its simple. When you buy it, it comes pre installed with some streaming apps like youtube, netflix, hulu, hbo and the likes. All you need to do is connect it to the internet using your phone's hotspot or home router and stream. You'll have to subscribe to premium streaming services like netflix though.

1 Like

Re: Android Tv Boxes: Are They Worth Buying? by chukxie(m): 3:07pm On Mar 12, 2020
yeman1:

Like how many hours I can watch ordinary resolution with 6gig?

I have no clue, bro, sorry. The best bet is to use uncapped internet connections.
Re: Android Tv Boxes: Are They Worth Buying? by yeman1(m): 5:41pm On Mar 12, 2020
chukxie:

I have no clue, bro, sorry. The best bet is to use uncapped internet connections.

I can watch online tv from my strong decoder
Re: Android Tv Boxes: Are They Worth Buying? by passendi: 4:03pm On Mar 14, 2020
Contact me for apps WhatsApp +2348037586990
coolopj:
The app you're using to stream those channels, does it came preinstalled in the box or you downloaded it. please can you tell the name cos i have an unlimited internet wasting away. Thanks
Re: Android Tv Boxes: Are They Worth Buying? by passendi: 4:05pm On Mar 14, 2020
I have 11k channels. Test available any time before from 3am to 10am.
Contact me on whatsapp 08037586990
CavendishPlex:

The apps are usually free on the Google playstore (I use GSE smart IPTV and ProgTV), but it's the m3u playlists that you'd have to purchase from any IPTV dealer.

I'll advice you start with the free IPTV apps like redboxTV, HDStreamz, etc to see how it goes before you plunge into the paid ones. You can also get a free app from the link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/5632698/watch-live-tv-uk-us
Re: Android Tv Boxes: Are They Worth Buying? by CavendishPlex: 10:42am On Mar 22, 2020
Do you have a truly unlimited internet access? Try this IPTV service for 7 days by simply going to:

https://apollogroup.tv/
Re: Android Tv Boxes: Are They Worth Buying? by makavele: 11:58am On Mar 22, 2020
CavendishPlex:
Do you have a truly unlimited internet access? Try this IPTV service for 7 days by simply going to:

https://apollogroup.tv/

Legit

Re: Android Tv Boxes: Are They Worth Buying? by CavendishPlex: 4:43pm On Mar 22, 2020
makavele:

Legit

Enjoy!
Re: Android Tv Boxes: Are They Worth Buying? by CavendishPlex: 10:11pm On Dec 22, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Glo Launches Twin Bash For Data Subscribers / Airtel Nigeria Introduced It's Own TV App [no Subscription Fee] / Pleeease What Is The Best Data Plan For Android?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.