Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

How To Remove A Virus From Your Android Device - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Remove A Virus From Your Android Device (2425 Views)

How I Suspiciously Got The Virus From My Samsung S9plus Phone. / How To Remove Your Number From Truecaller (confirmed) / How To Fix “no Permission To Delete File” On Android Device (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Remove A Virus From Your Android Device by Ayebaeapretai(f): 4:10pm On Feb 18, 2020
If your android device has shown signs of a virus attack, there is no need to panic. There are a few ways to remove a virus from an android device.

1. Locate and delete the virus manually

This method is only applicable if you know the application or file with the virus. If your phone started malfunctioning after installing an app or downloading a file, delete the infected document.

To delete an infected file or application, you should follow the steps listed below.

i. Switch your android device to safe mode. Putting your device in safe mode will stop applications from working. If the file that has the virus is an application, the safe mode setting will render the virus inactive.

ii. In the menu of your device, go the ‘ settings ’. Find all the apps that you installed on the device and uninstall the applications that you suspect are responsible for the virus attack. We recommend that you also delete any related application files that may be in your file manager.

In a few cases, you may be unable to delete the infected application. If you are in this scenario, review the permissions that you granted to the affected application. Deactivate any permission given to the app, then try and uninstall the application again. However, if you are not sure which app or file carries the virus, you can try the other methods on this list.

2. Use an antivirus to identify and delete the virus

If you have an antivirus app, run an in-depth scan of your device. The scan will show the suspicious files or applications on your device. The app may also provide you with options on how to deal with the infected files. The best action is to delete the infected files.

In some cases, the antivirus app may identify the virus, but you will have to delete the infected file or files manually. Some good Anti-virus app includes the following: TrNorton security, Kaspersky Mobile Antivirus, and others.

3. Perform a factory reset

Performing a factory reset is the last resort. When you complete a reset, all the data on your phone will be deleted, and the factory settings will be restored. If you back up your data regularly, you can proceed with a factory reset.

Alternatively, If you have valuable information on your android device, send the information to a device with a reliable antivirus. Do not send data to a device, laptop or computer if it does not have a working antivirus.

Afterwards, perform the factory reset on your android device. Immediately your android device is working correctly, download and install an antivirus.
https://www.infinix.club/ng/forum/824/2108711
Re: How To Remove A Virus From Your Android Device by selfdefence: 1:51am On Feb 19, 2020
To be very honest, never have a experienced a virus on the Android phones I've used before, from m3 to K7 and now the Camon 12 air. I feel viruses are a thing of java and symbian phones grin
Re: How To Remove A Virus From Your Android Device by Mohbola(f): 11:20pm On Feb 29, 2020
Good one
Re: How To Remove A Virus From Your Android Device by Ejadike(m): 8:30am On Mar 01, 2020
Interesting. But it's gonna be a daunting task, locating them manually. I'll go with the app. I have quite a lot on my phone
Re: How To Remove A Virus From Your Android Device by Ejadike(m): 8:31am On Mar 01, 2020
selfdefence:
To be very honest, never have a experienced a virus on the Android phones I've used before, from m3 to K7 and now the Camon 12 air. I feel viruses are a thing of java and symbian phones grin
it affects every device.

1 Like

Re: How To Remove A Virus From Your Android Device by Breastfeed: 12:52am On Mar 05, 2020
Thanks for this meaningful information. At least I know what to do with this my Tecno phone
Re: How To Remove A Virus From Your Android Device by juliansssmith64: 4:35am On Sep 23, 2020
You can use any king of antimalware that you can download from Google Play. It can help you to destroy any viruses from your smartphone.
Re: How To Remove A Virus From Your Android Device by Kunja2: 1:24pm On Sep 23, 2020
juliansssmith64:
You can use any king of antimalware that you can download from Google Play. It can help you to destroy any viruses from your smartphone.
what's the name of the antivirus app again?
Re: How To Remove A Virus From Your Android Device by Wassapviews: 7:21pm On Sep 23, 2020
Colona Virus?
Re: How To Remove A Virus From Your Android Device by investigator007: 11:40am On Sep 24, 2020
selfdefence:
me too, never experienced such on my Android phone
Re: How To Remove A Virus From Your Android Device by fredie107(m): 7:00pm On Jan 25, 2021
I think android is Linux based, therefore virus doesn't affect it

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Connect Samsung Galaxy Young Gt-5630 To My Pc? / Tp-link M5360 The Best 3g Wifi Router With Power Bank(5200mah) / Help!! My Two Days Old Z3 Was Stolen...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.