Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,150 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Richest Person In Nigeria - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Richest Person In Nigeria (68947 Views)

Why The Next Richest Person Isn’t Building A Tech Company / Bill Gates Crowned World's Richest Person, Once Again / Forbes List : Aliko Dangote Of Nigeria Is Africa's Richest Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Richest Person In Nigeria by blablabla(m): 12:48am On May 29, 2006
unfortunately, nobody can ever answer that question in this country because we are a country of 'anything goes' to qoute Baba himself when Abacha was in power.

back to the gist,

only established corporate entities and the poor souls who work for the(PAYE) them pay what may be said to be the approprite tax in Nigeria. Most private businessmen grossly under report thier income and with a very weak IRS?? The richest man in Nigeria might actually be one trader in Alaba or upper iweka in onitsha.

most of the VIPs (Vagabonds in Power) have what I would call occult (hidden) wealth and most of it is stashed outside this shores, so where do you place them or rate them?

there are less than 5 Nigerians who own over 80% of the shares on the SEC individually and through proxies, these men are silent operators, at the last count the net worth of the lagos exchange was in the trillions of naira so where do you place them?

only God in heaven can answer this question,
Re: Richest Person In Nigeria by Dauda(m): 1:31am On May 29, 2006
As long as it's not me , I don't give a f#$k.
Re: Richest Person In Nigeria by Badman888(m): 1:41am On May 29, 2006
Dangote
Re: Richest Person In Nigeria by bolex(m): 3:55am On May 29, 2006
me grin
Re: Richest Person In Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 8:19am On May 29, 2006
Forbes and other international bodies will not recognize the richest man in Nigeria, because the richest people in Nigeria are all criminals.

All the ones you have mentioned got their billions of Naira through government contracts. And all government contractors are guilty of bribery and corruption.

Only Harry Akande and my fellow ex-Gregorian Deinde Fernadez are the real richest Nigerians, because they made their billions of dollars outside the shores of Nigeria and from legitimate business ventures.

If you want to become as rich as the richest Nigerians just join them to sell your souls to the devil.

I have had the privilege of being close to them. But when my conscience couldn't bear their evils, I left.

The richest Nigerians are the poor majority who have been robbed of our billions of dollars since 1960 to date. And we know all the crooks, rogues and kleptocrats and we can actually unite to round them up and put them on trial. But their beneficiaries who have become implicated are the saboteurs of the masses.

But, let the richest tycoons in Nigeria know that they cannot take their ill-gotten wealth with them to the grave.
Re: Richest Person In Nigeria by smartsoft(m): 9:21am On May 29, 2006
Well Mike Adenuga, but what i feel about the richest man in nigeria is that person, that his/her money is pretty pure no magomago or whatsoever, no dubious way in getting his/her own money that the person i feel is the richest in nigeria.

kazey:

Billionaires in Naira you mean? I even doubt that. smiley Nigeria does not have billionaires in dollars sha. Nigeria has very rich people that are not even in the top 200 in the world chart. Dont tell me they don't declare.

If they are that rich, they should have an organised system that shows their turnovers from all their organisations.

dude lol, we have trillionaires in Nigeria ooo and the one of billionaires we do have them here in nigeria, Well you dey malaysia sha, no bi lag u dey
Re: Richest Person In Nigeria by seeker(m): 10:47am On May 29, 2006
I'll be damned if it ain't me. I swear. grin
Re: Richest Person In Nigeria by md4real(m): 1:54pm On May 29, 2006
prince_onx:

no offense people but make una first subtract the thieves abiolas, IBB them, the Abacha, and co. all those people wey get their money through politics, wuruwuru contracts, stealing with pens and so! them we go find out from the remaining!
guys it is true that the so called rich in nigeria are the exploiters of the poor.their money is dirty and they are the political criminals. imagine a governor having 47 jeeps! apart from other cars. the IBB,ATIKU, and OBJs are bunch of thieves. let these people declare thier source of income and we shall know if they are really rich. these people at least can have a say if the invest these stolen money in nigeria instead of hoarding it abroad.
I think you are rich if you invest in the poor and future generation of nigerian especially the youth.
on the contrary, we have rich people in nigeria that havestolen excess money
from the sales of crude oil.OLUSEGUN OBASANJO is my man
Re: Richest Person In Nigeria by samcarlos: 10:55am On May 30, 2006
[flash=200,200][/flash]
I am the one!!!!
Re: Richest Person In Nigeria by dokey2g(m): 2:33pm On May 30, 2006
Shhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are all thieves (Ibb's,Atiku's,Abiola's and the rest )
Re: Richest Person In Nigeria by desiree(f): 4:00pm On May 30, 2006
Papermoon's papa is the richest man in Nigeria grin grin grin
Re: Richest Person In Nigeria by rikkyjen(m): 6:13pm On May 30, 2006
Haba desiree What has that got to do what we are saying!! i think you should spare her the ordeal of Parents bashing shocked shocked shocked
Re: Richest Person In Nigeria by ikamefa(f): 6:45pm On May 30, 2006
na me ohhhhhhhhhhhhh grin
Re: Richest Person In Nigeria by sporangium(m): 5:48pm On May 31, 2006
[color=#990000][/color]
Hii guys you are all wrong, i was surprised when i found you people chosing irrelevant answer. imagine someone saying IBB is the richest man, who does not know that its wealth is from Nigeria, he embezzle all the money in the jackpot , i cannot predict that kind question 4 now anyway, but i;m sure the correct answer will be me. you may be wondering how and when, 4 get about that. Sk Abdulgafar in Ilorin Agbo-oba will be the richest man.
Re: Richest Person In Nigeria by wormedup(m): 7:08pm On May 31, 2006
sporangium:

[color=#990000][/color]
Hii guys you are all wrong, i was surprised when i found you people chosing irrelevant answer. imagine someone saying IBB is the richest man, who does not know that its wealth is from Nigeria.

doesn't matter where he got the money from, the point is, he is rich.
Re: Richest Person In Nigeria by OkinBizkit: 7:07pm On Jul 10, 2006
Kase Lawal,
Re: Richest Person In Nigeria by ikamefa(f): 7:09pm On Jul 10, 2006
its ika6 grin
Re: Richest Person In Nigeria by nnamnon: 10:33pm On Jul 15, 2006
I think Babangida is the richest man in nigeria because he owns swatch and he also owns glo he just put Adenuga there to be running it for him.
Re: Richest Person In Nigeria by Seun(m): 10:53pm On Jul 16, 2006
What gives you the impression that IBB owns Glo?
Re: Richest Person In Nigeria by samcarlos: 10:09am On Jul 17, 2006
hey, i am the richest in Nigeria

I'll declare my asset if u need to know(billon dollars)
Re: Richest Person In Nigeria by dearie(m): 1:31am On Jul 27, 2006
I believe it's IBB, I understand he owns swatch, a good amount of shares in Rolex and the conglomerate that Adenuga fronts.
Whether ill-gotten or not, the question is who the richest is regardless of the source of the wealth, and my pick is IBB.
Re: Richest Person In Nigeria by phactual: 8:03am On Aug 17, 2006
umm, this topic should have called on all of us to really take a big overview of what our community has become. In the western region where i come from there is only one rich person, and that person is someone who provides for 'you' when you cannot provide for yourself(as a child), and then of course someone who can make you become secured when you become of age.
As it is in our community now, people see 'thieves' in government houses as rich and of course their 'cohorts' among the populace as richest people. This is the mind set of an average Nigerian that motivates people who are in 'position' now to continue to strive to be enlist among the 'richest'.
This topic is very interesting and am sure the developers of this website are seriously smiling to the banks and striving to be on the 'list' too.
Have a food for thought!
Re: Richest Person In Nigeria by holyevil: 11:31am On Aug 26, 2006
huh, you  think all this guys are rich? wow. what of our president? over loaded  with that kind oil  cash
Re: Richest Person In Nigeria by wifeypenth(f): 4:15pm On Aug 26, 2006
Me
Re: Richest Person In Nigeria by Benjamins: 3:04pm On Sep 22, 2006
cool The good old clean days of money makers:

http://jcgi.pathfinder.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,842145,00.html
Re: Richest Person In Nigeria by kaynoJah(m): 11:22pm On Sep 23, 2006
[color=#990000][/color] It is difficult to say who's the richest in Nigeria. Why? Because, there is no defined yardstick/barometer to measure how much one is really worth. Talking about 'ill-gotten' wealth, there is no nature of wealth or fortune, to the degree we are all refering to in this forum, that is 'decently' acquired. Is it Abiola, Atiku, Okoya-Thomas, Dangote, The Ubas, Adenuga, IBB, Aneni, Abacha(s) etc? Or, do we, as a matter of discretion, classify these guys together? That is to say, who stole most? And not who is the richest. In which case, the crossword becomes simple- IBB of course.
Re: Richest Person In Nigeria by dblock(m): 2:57am On Sep 25, 2006
it's dangote, there is a article in thisday somewhere listing the top 20 richest in naija
Re: Richest Person In Nigeria by Wumine(f): 11:04am On Sep 27, 2006
ATIKU ABUBAKAR.
come 2007, you will all know!
Re: Richest Person In Nigeria by yoosoph: 6:02pm On Oct 04, 2006
na wa 4 u o.u still get time 4 ds stuff,like sone have said u are new.wellcome to d landers
Re: Richest Person In Nigeria by yoosoph: 6:03pm On Oct 04, 2006
na wa 4 u o.u still get time 4 ds stuff,like sone have said u are new.wellcome to d landers
Re: Richest Person In Nigeria by jayvinnie(m): 12:15am On Dec 11, 2006
plz who
Re: Richest Person In Nigeria by obedz(m): 4:06pm On Dec 28, 2006
i thinks the richest nigerian is SEAL, believe me this giy counts his money in dolls unlike those agbaya

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady Found Old Naira Notes In Her Dead Grandmum's Room (Photo) / Dangote Buys 800 Trucks From Anammco Assembly Plant In Enugu / Take A Look At Ifeanyi Ubah's House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.