Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,164 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State (50244 Views)

My Father Disowned Me For Marrying A Disfigured Man { Photos } / Lady Thanks Her Husband For Marrying Her (Photos) / My Grandmom Was Disowned For Marrying This Nigerian Man;English Man Reveals.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State by dre11(m): 5:40am On Feb 19, 2020
An Ebonyi State Magistrates’ Court, sitting in Abakaliki, on Monday, arraigned a 22-year-old woman, Nkeiruka Winifred, and two men, Chijioke Obasi, 47; and Stanley Mbam, 30, for alleged involvement in unlawful marriage in the state.

It was gathered that the first suspect, Winifred, allegedly went into another marriage with the third accused person, Mbam, while her marriage with one Dr Solomon Nwankwo, still subsisted.

Southern City News further learnt that the accused persons committed the offence at Hausa Quarters and Mbam Street, in the Abakaliki Local Government Area of Ebonyi State, on October 26, 2019.

The suspects were arraigned before the Magistrate’s Court on Monday, on three counts of conspiracy, bigamy and fraud.

The police prosecutor, ASP Mathias Eze, told the court that the offence was punishable under sections 516A (a), 370 and 419 (A) of the Criminal Code Cap. 33, Vol. 1, Laws of Ebonyi State of Nigeria, 2009.

According to Eze, bigamy means a situation whereby a woman is married to two husbands after contracting a statutory marriage.

The charge read, “That you Nkeiruka Winifred ‘f’, Chijioke Obasi ‘m’ and Stanley Mbam ‘m’ all of Hausa Quarters and Mbam Street respectively, in the Abakaliki Magisterial District, on October 28, 2019, did conspire among yourselves to commit felony to wit; bigamy and thereby commit an offence punishable under section 516A (a) of the Criminal Code Cap. 33, Vol. 1, Laws of Ebonyi State of Nigeria, 2009.

“That you Nkeiruka Winifred ‘f’, Stanley Mbam ‘m’ on the same date, time and place in the aforementioned Magisterial District, did contract a fresh marriage with one another when the union between Nkeiruka Winifred ‘f’ and one Dr Solomon Nwankwo contracted on September 28, 2017, at the Magistrate’s Court Registry Ozubulu Nnewi, Anambra State, still subsists and thereby committed an offence punishable under section 370 of the Criminal Code Cap. 33, Vol. 1, Laws of Ebonyi State of Nigeria, 2009.

https://punchng.com/woman-in-court-for-marrying-two-ebonyi-men/

Re: Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State by Nobody: 5:42am On Feb 19, 2020
Them no talk the chijioke obasi crime. E be like say na him dey fan them when them dey nack.

Dumb move by the lady . She wants to eat her cake and have it.
Then again she could have applied for divorce and the husband didn't grant it. He could have purposely waited for her to make this move so as to jail her. Which ever way I'm glad the government is giving them an all expense paid honey moon....... In jail

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State by JasonScoolari: 5:46am On Feb 19, 2020
Nkeiruka Winifred opened two (2) bank account,

-Stanley Chartered Bank.

-Obasi Microfinance Bank.

Is it a crime for a woman to operate 2 bank account? grin

As a young man who love to save, I have 4 bank account plus one "Side Chic Microfinance Bank"

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State by oglalasioux(m): 6:18am On Feb 19, 2020
Anyone who knows Abakaliki very well and knows Hausa quatres should not be surprised. That is the headquarters of wayward women in Ebonyi State.

16 Likes

Re: Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State by Joshmodest(m): 6:23am On Feb 19, 2020
oglalasioux:
Anyone who knows Abakaliki very well and knows Hausa quatres should not be surprised. That is the headquarters of wayward women in Ebonyi State.
Wayward women
You seem to know more about that place than we do ....
But since it was a contractual agreement , I think it's unlawful , If na the normal come stay with me marriage , then I for say no yawa !!!

3 Likes

Re: Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State by chatinent: 6:47am On Feb 19, 2020
Trust a woman and put your life on a bullet trigger.

4 Likes

Re: Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State by oglalasioux(m): 6:51am On Feb 19, 2020
Joshmodest:

Wayward women
You see to know more about that place than we do ....
But since it was a contractual agreement , I think it's unlawful , If na the normal come stay with me marriage , then I for say no yawa !!!

Of course I know the place more than all of you. Anything else?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State by Joshmodest(m): 7:06am On Feb 19, 2020
oglalasioux:

Of course I know the place more than all of you. Anything else?

Pele.. Mr v connect !!!

14 Likes

Re: Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:28am On Feb 19, 2020
[/color] : This is called POLYANDRY.

[color=#990000]STUDENTS : What is POLYANDRY,
is it a type of Barbecue?
?

[/color] : No, Polyandry is a form of polygamy in which a woman takes two or more husbands at the same time.

[color=#990000]STUDENTS : Wow, we have learnt something new today as usual.
Thanks!

[color=#006600][/color] : You are welcome Guys.
Now, Class is over.
Have a good day everyone! wink

NigeriaBam:
Interesting. Thanks Proff.
You are welcome Doc! wink

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State by realstars: 10:29am On Feb 19, 2020
Ghost
Re: Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State by wwwihy: 10:29am On Feb 19, 2020
Sodomite
Re: Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State by collinometricx: 10:29am On Feb 19, 2020
Watin Musa nor go see for gate

2 Likes

Re: Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State by Zeinymira(f): 10:29am On Feb 19, 2020
shocked
Na wah oooo.......
Is it that she spends a week at Stanley's house and the next week at Obasi's house?

4 Likes

Re: Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State by AmazingELixir: 10:29am On Feb 19, 2020
shocked
Re: Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State by AmazonHippolyta(f): 10:29am On Feb 19, 2020
JasonScoolari:
Nkeiruka Winifred opened two (2) bank account,

-Stanley Chartered Bank.

-Obasi Microfinance Bank.

Is it a crime for a woman to operate 2 bank account? grin

As a young man who love to save, I have 4 bank account plus one "Side Chic Microfinance Bank"
shocked shocked
Not suprised cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State by DBossNG(m): 10:30am On Feb 19, 2020
grin
Re: Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State by saintol(m): 10:31am On Feb 19, 2020
Hmm! she likes double package.
Re: Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State by igbolastborn(m): 10:31am On Feb 19, 2020
Please what is her crime here, she married two men and so what.
This Zoo keeps on embarrassing itself.
Wait and see how the sons and daughters of oduduwa will start rejoicing over this news.

Check my signature and be blessed this year.thank me later

2 Likes

Re: Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State by nabegibeg: 10:32am On Feb 19, 2020
Re: Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State by IMASTEX: 10:33am On Feb 19, 2020
Ah
Re: Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State by YorubaKinging: 10:34am On Feb 19, 2020
Igbo people sha

3 Likes

Re: Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State by HallaDaTruth: 10:34am On Feb 19, 2020
It is called polyandry , leave her alone grin
Re: Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State by Studio247: 10:34am On Feb 19, 2020
Lol is this a joke ?
Well the men must have seen something in the woman .
But woman greedy aha as women full everywhere dey fine men she no fit give one girl one?

GET THE BEST OF MUSIC PROMOTION AND DISTRIBUTION TODAY FROM US .

promote on showitnaija blog where you see the progress of your music.
Promote on showitnaija Internet Radio where about 100 countries get to listen to your music.
Shoot a promotion video and have 100k views or more on social media..
We promote your music on Radio stations across Nigeria.
We distribute your music on international stores which earns you 70% royalty.
We distribute your music on our street selection covering 30 states.
We book you for Radio interviews.
We shoot your music video and promote you on Tv .
We promote all types of music.
Connect with us for an effective music promotion today.

Re: Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State by Chukkychukky(m): 10:34am On Feb 19, 2020
Super woman
Re: Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State by hisexcellency34: 10:35am On Feb 19, 2020
How is that a crime

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State by noblealuu: 10:35am On Feb 19, 2020
hisexcellency34:
How is that a crime

Polyandry is a crime bro.

But this is funny grin
Re: Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State by Kendumazy(m): 10:36am On Feb 19, 2020
OK naww. They are getting bolder by the day.
Re: Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State by wilemer: 10:36am On Feb 19, 2020
dre111:

An Ebonyi State Magistrates’ Court, sitting in Abakaliki, on Monday, arraigned a 22-year-old woman, Nkeiruka Winifred, and two men, Chijioke Obasi, 47; and Stanley Mbam, 30, for alleged involvement in unlawful marriage in the state.

It was gathered that the first suspect, Winifred, allegedly went into another marriage with the third accused person, Mbam, while her marriage with one Dr Solomon Nwankwo, still subsisted.

Southern City News further learnt that the accused persons committed the offence at Hausa Quarters and Mbam Street, in the Abakaliki Local Government Area of Ebonyi State, on October 26, 2019.

The suspects were arraigned before the Magistrate’s Court on Monday, on three counts of conspiracy, bigamy and fraud.

may not be what we think
Re: Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State by agitator: 10:37am On Feb 19, 2020
good for her

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Dark Woman And Her Baby Bump In Bikini (Photos) / I Am Growing Fond Of My Neighbors Husband / To Marry A Man 10years Older

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.